The Misfits of Khalisia (it's a ~Closed~ Pathfinder thread!)

How did you get 16 HP if you have 1d6 for your hit die?
Assuming you didn't use the favored class point on HP, you'd have (since this is level 1, after this, you roll) 6 + your constitution mod (3), for 9 HP. HOWEVER, since you're a Fighter, your hit die ISN'T 1d6, but 1d10. So you'd have 13.
Fortitude bonus (from Fighter) should be in Base (second box), not Misc (the box it's in, which is used for bonuses from other sources), to avoid later confusion.
Language is Khalisian (for city folk) or Faraldr (for tribals), not Human.

I wasn't paying attention to the rest, though.

And Q: I'm not shiny, I'm fabulously vibrant. ^~^
I would have been a shiny fox without being aasimar. Kind of what the Life spirit does for a shaman.
But I don't know exactly what you mean by a palette change. Still a regular foxfolk.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you get 16 HP if you have 1d6 for your hit die?
Assuming you didn't use the favored class point on HP, you'd have (since this is level 1, after this, you roll) 6 + your constitution mod (3), for 9 HP. HOWEVER, since you're a Fighter, your hit die ISN'T 1d6, but 1d10. So you'd have 13.
Fortitude bonus (from Fighter) should be in Base (second box), not Misc (the box it's in, which is used for bonuses from other sources), to avoid later confusion.
Language is Khalisian (for city folk) or Faraldr (for tribals), not Human.

I wasn't paying attention to the rest, though.

And Q: I'm not shiny, I'm fabulously vibrant. ^~^
I would have been a shiny fox without being aasimar. Kind of what the Life spirit does for a shaman.
But I don't know exactly what you mean by a palette change. Still a regular foxfolk.
Thanks! I've never filled out a Pathfinder character sheet before, and this is my first pathfinder campaign. So like. Bare with me e _ e;

I'll be finishing my Character Sheet Today or tomorrow.

I'll take a look at what everyone's posted tonight or tomorrow. Looking forward to playing with everyone!

My sheet will be up and linked soon. Just got background and appearance and to finish up. Got all my gear and such

sorry pokemon joke

Tsutla: do you want me to put a new post for my character's nuances or just tack it on to the first one?

Sheet is up

If we don't go by encumbrance, then I'd be going up to leather and changing my Sibat for a glaive. Honestly, the encumbrance by weight never made much sense to me.

So I'll be putting everything that needs to be known in my sheet when I get home today.

In today's episode, Tsutla learns the importance of pre-thread worldbuilding.

Annora Darkseeker

I like your character, and I say this as a person with a distinct prejudice against vampires. You're actually correct to assume that encumbrance is a factor here, and I'm looking forward to actually having a "the unlikely paladin" in the party. Fun story elements, liking the thought placed into her development, not quite looking forward to writing out judgmental NPCs to give her crap, but I'm just gonna tell myself that it'll make the not-as-crappy NPCs cooler. Also: there is no 'common' language, but instead you get two regional languages, listed in the second post under Setting Notes. For now, details on the countries should probably be at the top of my worldbuilding to-do list, but I'll just say that the Turami and Damaran immigrants to Khalisia will be in roughly equal proportion.

Annora is acquainted with one Trig Fellpool, a gnomish girl with a knack for stirring up trouble and publicly embarrassing those she learns the secrets of, usually in the form of song and jokes. She rarely means harm by her actions; she simply enjoys it when people blush, perhaps a little too much.

Annora is also acquainted with one Ivran Khidell, a traveling half-elf who spends most of his days treating diseases and sometimes treating wounds (especially those caused by him in drunken brawls the night before). Ivran isn't what one would call a 'typical' follower of Shelyn: he's crude and arrogant, and sometimes referred to as a 'dwarf in elven skin,' but he will not shy away from helping even those who've wronged him if Shelyn would approve of him doing so. Usually, one would not even have to ask.

Quinn

Your choice of languages is noted and respected: congratulations! You are now of Turami descent, and won't be able to communicate with Khalisians in their native language, but you will have an easier time with those born in Turam, as well as the Faraldr-speaking tribes. This... actually kind of makes a lot of sense for your character. Good going~

Also, I'm naming your twin-brother Quill, because of raisins. And you get a choice of 1 extra skill point or HP for taking a level in your favored class, which I'm going to assume is the class you're starting in. Your character sheet is also devoid of description.

Ruby

You need an inventory, and you get two languages in place of 'Common,' not just Khalisian. But yeah, you know that bit about the inventory. Thanks for helping Felix out while I've been away.

But where to begin on your contacts... @,,@ You get a familiar that you get to name, and at some point I'll write up a Lady. The witch-coven doesn't quite fit, since Ruby is a shaman, but if the Lady is on friendly terms with a nearby tribe, we'll just say Ruby apprenticed under that tribe's shaman while passing messages between the settlements. And, the parents are both alive, so that'll be something for me to plot out. Do they have names?

Wyran

Looking forward to it.

Verran

Oh, this is gonna be so much fun! You don't know it yet, but I'm bouncing with excitement.

Xavier Ironwell

This... I'll have to come back to, tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the backstory; it gives me plenty to work with. Glad to have you on the team. ^-^

I'll find a good set of two and use them.

UPDATE: Took Korvosan and Shoanti. Korvosan combines multiple languages into a regional dialect and uses Common, so I would venture to say in a world where common doesn't exist and Khalisian seems the dialect of choice, it would use that as the base and insert the words taken from Shoanti and Varisian. Edited Annora's background a bit to define where she grew up and her Shoanti clan heritage. It also adds teh flavor of why she may pick up a bow rather than a glaive.

Last edited:
Updated my character with his backstory.

questions:
can we hear more about the setting (i'm not even sure who the turami are. tribals?)
is there a lot of racism between humans and uncommon races. don't want to find out the hard way that i'd be run out of town for having "too much hair"
Traveler's dictionary: what benefits are you giving it? if any
finally: I need to think on it more but can I trade fox magic with fast shifter (like is it available im still thinking of whether or not to do it)

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Give me some time to work with that. I'll probably do it over the weekend.
2. Racism and theological prejudice are uncommon for foxfolk: humans are wary around your kind, but they're more concerned with tieflings, orcs, dhampirs and fetchlings because of their heritage. Foxfolk are regarded somewhat like catfolk: strange at times, but very community-oriented and loyal to their friends. Humans just tend to spend a little too much time worrying about "But who are their friends?"
3. A travelers' dictionary helps you ask the basics, like "donde esta la bana?" and "Dude where's my cart?" You'll be regarded a little bit less as a foreigner for approaching people in their native tongue, but it's not as efficient as just finding somebody who speaks Turami, or an elf.
4. Completely up to you.

Last edited: