The Misfits of Khalisia (it's a ~Closed~ Pathfinder thread!)

One of these days I'm gonna have to look at AD&D and Second Edition. There's definitely some fun stuff that's been dummied out in more recent editions that I might start including.

3.5 has meldshapers. That is most definitely my favorite class group EVER. In anything. Especially Totemists, but Incarnates are okay.
But I grew up with the original D&D, then moved up usually a couple years after each edition came out. Had more fun creating races and classes than actually playing. Well, for AD&D. Enjoyed original D&D.

Take care with adding older stuff. 2nd and AD&D had the problems of adding abstractions and complexities for no real reason other than hyper realism. Also, PF is not factored around as many save or dies as older D&D. Still has a lot of save or sucks though

Haha, don't worry. I'm not going to implement anything directly from the book as a "lol you died in a horrendously spectacular yet unexpected fashion" feature. That'd just be mean. But I am thinking about doing something with potion miscability, edited to fit within pathfinder standards of course~

Ah the days of D&D 2nd Ed and Thaco.

Never used potion miscability, but it looked fun. I think there are a few places who already converted it to 3.5, so the jump to pathfinder would be reasonable.

Pathfinder character can get ridiculous in certain areas if the right things match up. I once has an Aasimar magus who knew just about every language possible, except dwarvern.

Felix, I hope you don't mind me pointing out, but I've spotted you've got the damage value for small longswords (1d6), as opposed to 1d8, and scale mail is -4 acp, not -5.

I've also realised this is the most charismatic party I've ever seen.

I think half the party chose a race that gets a boost to charisma. Not a bad move, really: forum-based roleplays are more social than combat-heavy, and tend not to rely on the grids when combat comes around, because it gets messy. And if you're not planning on being attached to the party at all times (and really, there are times when splitting apart is a bad idea, but there are also times when it isn't), it helps to not always be relying on one person to talk one's way out of a situation.

Good catch on the AC penalty, Dusk. And yeah, longswords for humans/elves and the like have a d8 for damage. I must be slipping.

Got the second of the character-specific introductions done, so I guess that's 25% of the first post, with the "stage" set up. Suppose the next step is probably to try getting the party together. I've got some ideas in mind, but I haven't quite looked over Vanra's lizardgirl's backstory yet, and her character's the odd one out of a group featuring fox-people, angels, a shadow-person and a half-vampire.

We've got a party full of weirdos! (and also a human and a half-elf)

Not just a half-vamp, a HOLY half-vamp. Oooooooo creepy XD

I really, really want to say otherwise, but I think the intersex half-vampire paladin serving the goddess of artists and love-freaks is probably the character I'm most excited about having in the party, and such excitement has almost nothing to do with Vampire Dad.

Almost.

Felix, how would your character Xavier feel about traveling with a cleric and a paladin serving two different good-aligned deities?

Shade, how would Annora feel about traveling with an Iomedae-cleric and a half-elf who loves his forest-animal friends?

Rain, how would Wyran feel about teaming up with an LG-aligned fighter and a paladin? I'm going to assume "yes" because Iomedae, but feel free to teach me not to assume things.

Tsulta. Until they are good natured people who seek to protect the weak and help the sick, he's all for having good comrades. ( With +11 to Sense Motive, not a lot of people will be lying successfully against him.)

Xavier wouldn't mind, he would actually keep them from fighting should they ever argue about their gods/goddesses. Not peace loving, but dislikes fighting among the party.

I doubt there'll be much "my god is better than your god" between those two. Similar alignments / beliefs / values / tendency to help the needy, but far from identical. Still, I've been proven wrong before. The difference between purging evil and the redemption of evil might cause some drama though. Maybe. Not sure.

Those three seem like they'd be a good fit intro-wise, being of a "We help those in need and protect the innocent" mindset.

Annora wouldn't be bothered by them unless they started to trample on her tenets and duties. Probably won't happen, but they might possibly get in the way of her "offering the rose" as it were. She might find the cleric a bit stuffy at times with Iomedae's strictness concerning evil and the animal loving will likely get a few jokes made. Bump that to a lot of jokes made if the animal lover acts really eccentric or if her gnomish friend catches wind of it.

Geez, suddenly I want to do a campaign that takes place almost entirely on a boat. Another idea to store for later use.

I would think that they would have more problems with the mobster rouge than anyone. it's kinda funny my little fox can probly make you think she's you, or your long lost human twin brother that you never knew.

You know, except for the whole "I outlive humans by blinking and know my family tree" thing. Also, something that unbelievable tends to be of either an impossible DC or simply stated as unable to be done

I really, really want to say otherwise, but I think the intersex half-vampire paladin serving the goddess of artists and love-freaks is probably the character I'm most excited about having in the party, and such excitement has almost nothing to do with Vampire Dad.

Almost.

Felix, how would your character Xavier feel about traveling with a cleric and a paladin serving two different good-aligned deities?

Shade, how would Annora feel about traveling with an Iomedae-cleric and a half-elf who loves his forest-animal friends?

Rain, how would Wyran feel about teaming up with an LG-aligned fighter and a paladin? I'm going to assume "yes" because Iomedae, but feel free to teach me not to assume things.
Don't forget about the half-angel, half-foxfolk who's like "Silly god worshippers. Spirits are where it's at."

Trying to figure out how a mobster can be good-aligned, Quinn. And yeah, bluff/disguise is only going to get you so far with impersonations, especially if you're trying to pass yourself off as somebody of a completely different social class, or somebody who normally only speaks a language you don't understand.

Ermine, the reason I asked them is because I'm probably grouping them together for the intro scene. Everyone's gonna have plenty of time to meet one another before The Plot arrives. Maybe.