The Mightiest Disciple: Matsuri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: I originally wasn't going to keep the name for the dojo, but, I decided to keep it as Ryozanpaku as an homage to the source material. Hope you guys don't mind, and I hope to get the art for Matsuri soon.

Alexio Utada
Name:
Alexio Utada

Martial Art:
Capoeira

Affiliations:
Ryozanpaku

Appearance:
bobwilson-rbs.jpg

Personality:
???

Bio:
???

Stats

(D-A)

Strength:
A

Speed:
A

Stamina:
A

Ki:
A

Skill:
A

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving this post here as a bookmark for a character. (: I'll try to have someone up by tomorrow.

Splendid! No rush. ^_^ Oh, and forewarning, the masters are all taken, I just forgot to edit in the cast. I am really sorry if that interferes with your plans.

Splendid! No rush. ^_^ Oh, and forewarning, the masters are all taken, I just forgot to edit in the cast. I am really sorry if that interferes with your plans.

That's totally fine. I've noticed so far we don't seem to have any "villains" so maybe I'll throw one in the mix...Or two.

For the most part, the "additional roles" are for the fighters that Matsuri and the gang will be fighting, be they members of the gangs or simply members that the gangs are trying to recruit. In traditional Kenichi fashion, some of these characters may become good guys as well. I'm leaving it up to the players.

Members of different martial arts clubs and such. So, yeah, I hope that isn't confusing. Haha

For the most part, the "additional roles" are for the fighters that Matsuri and the gang will be fighting, be they members of the gangs or simply members that the gangs are trying to recruit. In traditional Kenichi fashion, some of these characters may become good guys as well. I'm leaving it up to the players.

Members of different martial arts clubs and such. So, yeah, I hope that isn't confusing. Haha

It's a good thing I've seen the show lol

And that's fine. I'll just turn the villains I had made up in my mind...into "good guys" Lol

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
The world needs more anti-heroes.

Oh, and guys, if you've seen Kenichi, you know the training methods are equal parts insane and hilarious. Feel free to get creative or simply use the ones from the show. Unfortunately, the masters themselves aren't likely going to be doing much fighting. So, the training and such will likely be a big part of their segments.

Oh, and guys, if you've seen Kenichi, you know the training methods are equal parts insane and hilarious. Feel free to get creative or simply use the ones from the show. Unfortunately, the masters themselves aren't likely going to be doing much fighting. So, the training and such will likely be a big part of their segments.

I'll use Nacho Libre training methods lmao

I was thinking more Mr. Miyagi or Hercules.

I have seen Nacho Libre indeed. Know what we need to get her that Yoda training.

I planned to make enemies but I thought they'd mainly be created in the moment but I'm working on one now

Well, they can be introduced as we go. I've actually been pondering having other players come in for cameos later on.

Remember you can make fighters from the gangs that are starting out as villains, regardless of whether or not they become friends later. In fact, I'd like to have three lined up as a small team.

The first plan is to get Matsuri to start her training while the gangs attempt to recruit Tatsu and Tsuki. Matsuri herself would wind up crossing them unintentionally, get attacked and helped, sparking another feud while also setting off her desire to learn martial arts.

I'm just realizing I probably should have recorded all of this beforehand and shared it with you. Sorry, guys. Haha

Name:
Kagome Kunieda

Martial Art:
Kendo, Street fighting

Affiliations:
Kendo Club
Leader of the hell hounds (Gang)

Appearance:
189703-1000x707-beelzebub-kunieda+aoi-girl-long+hair-solo-black+hair.jpeg

Personality:
Smart, calculating, manipulative, fierce

Bio:
Kagome is a kendo prodigy as he uncle and father are world renowned masters, and their style was
traditionally passed onto males in their family. Kagome being an only child did not have a brother to carry on their teachings. Her father and uncle decided to teach her Kendo but refused for her to enter the underworld like they have. They just wanted her to have knowledge of techniques to pass it down to her child in hopes she had a son.
Kagome wanted to prove that she could handle the underworld and real kendo techniques they
were holding back but they refused. So she decided she'd make a name for herself and find her own way into the underground world. She became Captain of the kendo club but unofficially started the Hell Hounds a gang of delinquents that are good martial artist and she is always looking for additional talent to help her become more feared and earn a reputation

Stats

(D-A)

Strength:
D

Speed:
B

Stamina:
B

Ki:
C

Skill:
B​

Last edited by a moderator:
My Characters. (:

So first off, before you ask yourself why I have three characters, two of them are minor characters and aren't really going to have much of a role in the story. They are mainly there to support my main, as well as because I sort of got wrapped up in the creation of the characters and couldn't stop writing LOL So anyways::

The Main:

Name: Lyon "Vandal" Stone

Martial Art: Wing Chun, Judo

Affiliations: Head of Morningstar [Gang]

Appearance:
latest

Personality:
Bio: Raised by his two brothers in the underground streets of Japan, Lyon grew up living a hard life. As a young child, he would watch as his eldest brother left late at night to fight for food to survive. His childhood years were spent working with Vance, his second brother, to patch up the eldest, Demarius, who lost fights more than they won them. It pained Lyon to see them all this way; fighting to survive. Even as a child, Lyon realized something had to be done.

Upon turning six, Lyon snuck away from his small rural shack to a dojo where he hoped to meet someone who could train him. In his childlike heart he believed if he became strong enough he could protect his brothers so they would never have to get hurt again. Upon stumbling into the middle of a late evening class, he dropped to his knees and cried his eyes out, begging the dojo master to take him as a student. Surprised by the young boys' urgency and sense of spirit, the master accepted him. Thus began his training, upon which he secretly attended every day for many years.

It wasn't long until Demarius found out about Lyon and his secret training sessions. Despite the many arguments and fights, he was unable to get Lyon to give them up.

"You've always protected us D. I just want to do the same for you..."

Years passed, and Lyon improved. Unlike his brother Vance, who had taken up taekwondo lessons at a dojo on the other side of town, Lyon was not a natural. His skill was brought about through pain, hard work, and hours of sweat and tears. By the time he was fifteen, Lyon had learned everything the master had to teach him. He still had room to improve in certain areas, but those he would have to work on by himself. Lyon then turned to the streets, his old roots, to learn the lessons that could only be taught by them...

Fast forward a year, and much has changed, but much stays the same. Lyon has earned the respect of many street fighters throughout the country, and has become somewhat of a myth among them. Money won from fight tournaments and other events funds his new organization, Morningstar, a gang built on the pillars of one of Lyon's strongest beliefs: protecting the weak. Comprised of himself, his two brothers, and a handful of other fighters, Morningstar is one of the more prominent groups in the streets, with each member having a nickname that makes them unique. They don't deal in any form of illegal activities, but act more as mediators and protectors of the lower class society.

"We're guardians...remember that." - Lyon, After forming Morningstar
Strength:
D
Speed:
A
Stamina:
C
Ki:
B
Skill:
A

The Brother //Minor Character//

Name: Vance "Ryder" Stone

Martial Art: Taekwondo

Affiliations: Member of Morningstar [Gang]

Appearance:
Mamoru_truth.jpg

Bio:

Raised by brother Demarius, Vance grew up in the same situation as Lyon, often watching his elder brother go off to fight for the night's meal. When even his younger brother took up training at a dojo, Vance realized he couldn't just sit around, and quickly found a dojo teaching taekwondo. Unfortunately for him, the master refused him on multiple occasions due to his lack of money. This led to Vance watching on lessons from afar and attempting to replicate what he'd seen. Conveniently for him, he had a knack for martial arts, and picked it up quickly, teaching himself basic moves and techniques. Over time, this was how Vance learned his own form of Taekwondo.

Lately, Vance has become an adept fighter. But due to any actual training, he only has very raw abilities to compliment his immense talent. As such, he is nowhere near the level of fighting prowess he would have been if he had found a master willing to teach him "real" taekwondo.
Strength:
B
Speed:
B
Stamina:
D
Ki:
C
Skill:
B

The Other Brother //Even More Minor //

Name: Demarius "Cage" Stone

Martial Art: Street Fighting

Affiliations: Member of Morningstar [Gang]

Appearance:
4645233-4108476038-36841.png

Personality: Tough and silent, Demarius is more father than brother. He cares deeply about Lyon and Vance, and although he doesn't like that his brothers are engaged in the world of fighting, he can't help but feel a sense of pride for their accomplishments. Despite this, Demarius also holds a secret grudge over the fact that both his brothers can easily defeat him.

Bio: Demarius raised his two brothers, Vance and Lyon, from the time he was seventeen onwards. He would go out and participate in street fights, or take little jobs here and there to beat up on someone in order to earn cash to pay for food or whatever needs his brothers had. Although he has grown to be a somewhat decent street fighter, his lack of any formal training means he can be taken down a lot easier than some might think. However that doesn't prevent him from being any less intimidating, and underestimating him or his brute strength is a quick way to end up unconscious or in a ditch somewhere.
Strength:
A
Speed:
D
Stamina:
C
Ki:
D
Skill:
D

Anyways, if for some reason this doesnt work out, just let me know and I'll scrap them for another RP. Otherwise, here's the Stone Bros. :D

Last edited:
A gang that protects people? Interesting. Remember to bear in mind, everyone, that a character who is the head of a gang probably isn't prevalent in the beginning of a story. Also, we now have five gangs, not including the one I will introduce later. Haha

Anyway, the characters look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.