The Magicians of Pensgate (Plot Discussion/Sign-Ups/OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(1 & 2) Rena resides in the Fallen Lion pub where she works as a barmaid. (3) She is aware of rumors of other wizards in the city, due to the talk of the patrons, but doesn't really know any of them. The patrons talk a lot, so she's most likely heard of the others, as well. (4) Rena isn't very competitive for the spot of Resident Magician. She would like it, but not enough to fight others for it. She'd rather just prove herself through her actions.

The IC should be up by tomorrow. I'm not gonna really bother with much of an intro post, though. Unless you guys think I should.

1) Where does your character live? (Give a small explanation, if possible) Alistar currently doesn't live anywhere, but usually sneaks into an inn. They usually have an upper story window that is open, allowing her easy access in, and back out before they would check the room. Pays it back by going to by food that morning.

2) How do they make money? Well, she does a great job at scaring bandits so she makes money off scaring them away.

3) Do they know anyone else's character in the roleplay? Alisar has heard of the mysterious Wandering Wizard, but hasn't met anyone.

I know. I'm waiting for the right moment...

Reactions: G3n3s1sR3b0rn
@Zone-Tan Would it be okay for me to create an apprentice under your character? He's a young student whose ability in Umbramancy or Dark Magic dwells mainly in drawing. His drawings take life and fight for him. Then again, he is still a novice and would need more guidance under summoning.

- Name -
"What is a name, but another set of letters to fight for me."
Mesh Blackline

- Gender -
"Genders are more easily discerned by the curves and lines I draw. However, my master has taught me how to draw them in a... darker fashion."
Male

- Age -
"My master has taught me that art is timeless, and that, it reflects the artist's personality. As I aged, I feel that my art is becoming more and more... impure."

. Magical Skill (the one that you can charge for services) .
"Whatever is in my mind is immediately linked to my hands, and they bring my imagination to life on a sheet of paper. My art is something that I am proud of because it gives me a reason to keep drawing-- to live. My master has taught me that I should be proud of what I can do."
Mesh has extremely developed drawing skills which is further amplified by his magical affinity. He can draw figures and images at a fast pace. He works as a painter where he sells his paintings to the public.

. Magic you can perform competently .
"I am a naive and incompetent apprentice. I have yet to learn, but I do not want to tarnish my master's name and fame. I will do all I can to improve."
~Dark Magic Infused Drawing Skills
~Summoning his drawings to battle

~Dark Ink based magic; he can use the black ink as a weapon as well where he can create damaging ink-spheres that explode or he can even cause the ink to solidify in to sharp objects to fight his enemies

. Magic you shouldn't attempt .
"My master has warned me against the dangers of Light Magic. She says that truth and peace is found in the embrace of the dark where everything is laid bare."
~Light Magic

. Likes .
"When one draws, they are imprinting their identity on a certain space. More than that, I enjoy painting the great beauties that I find all around me. Truly, the things in nature let me understand that when I draw something, I am creating life."
~Drawing or Painting the things he sees
~Learning from his master

. Dislikes .
"I fear that those who cannot appreciate the beauty of art are those who I deem to be quite pitiful."
~People mocking his paintings

* Fears *
"My master taught me that fear makes us all stronger, and that, those who have no fear have no right to live."
~Being unable to draw or his drawings are not as good any longer
~Being unable to draw the most beautiful thing he would see

* Life Goals *
"Dreams... How I missed those pure, innocent ones."
~To be able to draw the most beautiful thing he would ever encounter
~His masterpiece would be recognized all over the land

| Appearance |
2403022-henri_fe13_artwork.jpg

Mesh is an obedient apprentice who does his best to make his master proud of him. He is dedicated to her lessons, believing that he would be able to create his masterpiece under her tutelage. While noticeably kind, he gets easily ticked off when someone would mock his artworks.
| Hometown |
Mesh hails from the poor districts of Dvell where the living conditions are terrible to the point where crime and suffering was nothing but normal to them.
| When you arrived in Leviton |
Mesh had been living in Leviton for over a year now where he has already began his studies under the master.

* Other pertinent facts *

Mesh, even though his master is a girl, still calls her 'master' instead of 'mistress'. Mesh believes that there is no such thing as a division between genders except within his drawings. Furthermore, he has a habit of drawing a portrait of his master, probably because he thinks that beauty might be embodied in her figure, and thus, would give him an idea of what beauty really is. He is unsuccessful so far.

Mesh has two brushes: a small brush for drawing on paper, and a larger brush for fighting if he cannot draw.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Zone-Tan Would it be okay for me to create an apprentice under your character? He's a young student whose ability in Umbramancy or Dark Magic dwells mainly in drawing. His drawings take life and fight for him. Then again, he is still a novice and would need more guidance under summoning.

- Name -
Mesh Blackline

- Gender -
"Genders are more easily discerned by the curves and lines I draw. However, my master has taught me how to draw them in a... darker fashion."
Male

- Age -
"My master has taught me that art is timeless, and that, it reflects the artist's personality. As I aged, I feel that my art is becoming more and more... impure."

"Whatever is in my mind is immediately linked to my hands, and they bring my imagination to life on a sheet of paper. My art is something that I am proud of because it gives me a reason to keep drawing-- to live. My master has taught me that I should be proud of what I can do."
Mesh has extremely developed drawing skills which is further amplified by his magical affinity. He can draw figures and images at a fast pace. He works as a painter where he sells his paintings to the public.

"I am a naive and incompetent apprentice. I have yet to learn, but I do not want to tarnish my master's name and fame. I will do all I can to improve."

~Dark Ink based magic; he can use the black ink as a weapon as well where he can create damaging ink-spheres that explode or he can even cause the ink to solidify in to sharp objects to fight his enemies

"My master has warned me against the dangers of Light Magic. She says that truth and peace is found in the embrace of the dark where everything is laid bare."
~Light Magic

. Likes .
"When one draws, they are imprinting their identity on a certain space. More than that, I enjoy painting the great beauties that I find all around me. Truly, the things in nature let me understand that when I draw something, I am creating life."

. Dislikes .
"I fear that those who cannot appreciate the beauty of art are those who I deem to be quite pitiful."

* Fears *
"My master taught me that fear makes us all stronger, and that, those who have no fear have no right to live."

* Life Goals *

| Appearance |

Mesh is an obedient apprentice who does his best to make his master proud of him. He is dedicated to her lessons, believing that he would be able to create his masterpiece under her tutelage. While noticeably kind, he gets easily ticked off when someone would mock his artworks.
| Hometown |
Mesh hails from the poor districts of Dvell where the living conditions are terrible to the point where crime and suffering was nothing but normal to them.
Mesh had been living in Leviton for over a year now where he has already began his studies under the master.

Mesh, even though his master is a girl, still calls her 'master' instead of 'mistress'. Mesh believes that there is no such thing as a division between genders except within his drawings. Furthermore, he has a habit of drawing a portrait of his master, probably because he thinks that beauty might be embodied in her figure, and thus, would give him an idea of what beauty really is. He is unsuccessful so far.

Mesh has two brushes: a small brush for drawing on paper, and a larger brush for fighting if he cannot draw.
Have my nemesis appeared!?

@Cubix
I am more than happy to take on an apprentice.

Aye aye, was waiting for my teacher to post~
I finished~ Sorry it took so long~

- Name -
Mesh Blackline

- Gender -
Male

- Age -

~Light Magic

. Likes .

. Dislikes .

* Fears *

* Life Goals *

| Appearance |

| Hometown |

Hohoho~!! We have a new apprentice~ *laughs*

Since Zone-Tan has accepted you as her apprentice:

Welcome! Your CS is accepted, but could you take it out of the spoiler, please?

Great! Feel free to either wait for Zone-tan or go ahead and post something.

Just realized a problem in the CS. It says Leviton when it's supposed to be Pensgate.

I was wondering about that as well, but I figured that Leviton might just be a place in Pensgate where wizards are usually in conclave.

Nope. I just misnamed it. Leviton was from something else. (Can't remember what, though)

@G3n3s1sR3b0rn
That is not me actually. But...hmmm.. nice argument going on there.
I'll post soon I suppose, not entirely sure how to go about it however, even with my plan.

So, who should post next? I could, or shlavekt could, either could advance the story, though I'm a bit busy atm.

I am so sorry :C I didn't notice that my master had posted! I shall throw in a post ASAP! :c

Status
Not open for further replies.