The Magicians of Pensgate (Plot Discussion/Sign-Ups/OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you could make another apprentice for me Rion~ That is if you want~ ^^ ((Going for an Alive in Wonderland themed group if you decide to do so~))

@Zone-Tan Well then... Glad you chose to come to this one!

@Rion No specific character is needed. All three magician spots are taken, though. (I have one but haven't done a CS myself yet.) You can make an apprentice for Muse, but they won't be as strong as a magician due to the rules 'n stuff I set. Feel free to ask any questions!

My CS should hopefully be at least partially done today!

I thought so but wanted to ask anyway.

@EternalMusic apprentice sounds fun. However, what kind of magic skills did you have in mind? I'm not interested in another tarot user but it still have to be Alice related...

I just got a great idea.

*thinks* what about shadow magic or something like that? OR maybe something like... Well shadow magic sounds pretty good... Or maybe something like a ninja? *is thinking of the cheshire cat*

haha lol~ okie dokie~ didn't see that edit~

: : Name : :
Rena Sunalli Corvil
: : Gender : :
Female
: : Age : :

: : Magical Skill (the one that you can charge for services) : :
Rena performs for crowds for tips by dancing, playing instruments, and story-telling.

: : Magic you can perform competently : :
Rena is a competent user of the Weaver Magic, a magic form native to her homeland. There are many different Formes of Weaver Magic; Rena has learned three of those Formes. Rune, Sound, and Dream.

5163803779563472996.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

By drawing runes with their feet, Rune Weavers are able to quickly and easily create powerful and deadly spells. Oftentimes, Rune Weavers are skilled dancers, and they will often draw their runes through the art of dance. Although not skilled with a sword, Rune Weavers are often quite nimble and powerful, making them difficult opponents to defeat in battle. By combining the power of their martial arts with the flexibility of their dance, Rune Weavers can effortlessly outmaneuver and defeat their foes. In addition, by synchronizing their martial arts with their rune weaving, they can both physically attack their opponents and simultaneously cast spells with the runes they draw with their feet. This ability to use both incredibly powerful magic and physically attacks at the same time is a unique and deadly skill that almost no other class possesses. Although all Rune Weavers are quite skilled with light and healing magic, there are a few that have learned to use destructive elemental magic and powerful psionic energy.

6165210288488899629.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

By manipulating noise, Sound Weavers are able to attack and manipulate their foes with sound waves. Often times, Sound Weavers will be skilled with an instrument, and they'll use their music along with their powerful light magic to create stunning illusions. Escaping from one of these illusions is extremely difficult, allowing Sound Weavers to keep a safe distance from their foes and defeat them from afar. Their magic can even be used to cloud the thoughts of their opponents and control their minds! Furthermore, Sound Weavers are in harmony with the world around them, and nature responds to the flow of their music, allowing them to gently persuade creatures and the environment to aid them in battle. In fact, Sound Weavers can use their sound magic to manipulate the elements. Although not physically powerful, Sound Weavers are swift, agile, and incredibly skilled with a bow, so they normally attack from a distance; however, expert Sound Weavers can use their sound magic to augment the power and abilities of themselves and their allies. Conversely, they can even use their magic to hinder the powers of their opponents, making the Sound Weavers extremely valuable on any team. Furthermore, they can combine their music with their extremely powerful light magic in order to heal, defend, and cure themselves or anyone around them. Offensively, Sound Weavers can amplify sound in the air to burst the eardrums of their opponents thus destabilizing and defeating them. They can even mute or distort their own sounds so that opponents can't hear them approaching or discern the direction of their attacks.

12178604821657674051.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

By using dark energy in combination with martial arts, the stealthy and mysterious Dream Weavers have acquired a unique form of combat in which their movements literally lull the opponent into a hypnotic trance, giving them a decided advantage in battle. By using this strange form of martial arts, the cunning Dream Weavers can throw weaker opponents into a nightmarish slumber, and against stronger opponents who are more resistant, the Dream Weavers can use sinister magic create horrifying illusions and hallucinations. Dream Weavers even have the ability to make nightmares become a reality by using their summoning abilities to materialize the imaginary terrors and horrors in their own mind. Indeed, any monster they create in their mind can be temporarily summoned into reality to wreak havoc on the world. Furthermore, Dream Weavers can merge their bodies with the summoned nightmares, transforming the Dream Weaver into the nightmare itself! In addition, Dream Weavers can even summon their own nightmares into the minds of others, subjecting their foes to terrifying mental abuse and nightmarish battles of will. When not using their illusions, the agile Dream Weavers use their swift and deadly martial arts to take down their foes. Most of the time, these warriors will silently and stealthily eliminate their foes; however, they are not opposed to launching blasts of deadly chaotic energy from their fists. In fact, for most Dream Weavers there is a tradeoff between their light magic powers and agility. Indeed, Dream Weavers that have more powerful defensive and light magic (which they can combine with their dark magic to amplify their chaotic illusions) will often be much slower and much less stealthy. While these warriors can be quiet and sneaky, they can also be quite loud and ferocious in battle if they are provoked. Indeed, these warriors are often masters of killing and mental torture, which they may savagely use to tear apart their opponents; however, most often they are able to keep this ferocious side in check and remain peaceful.

: : Magic you shouldn't attempt : :
Death Magic. Due to her Rune Weaver Forme, she is unable to correctly use Death Magic.

: : Likes : :
~ Dragons ~
~ Tea ~
~ Snow ~

: : Dislikes : :
~Rude Rich People ~
~ Milk ~
~ Coffee ~

: : Fears : :
~ Loneliness ~
~ Falling from great heights ~

: : Life Goals : :
~ To create her own powerful rune ~

: : Personality (keep it brief) : :
Rena can be quite a pain at times. She has an extreme fascination with dragons and wouldn't pass up a chance to meet one, even at risk of death. She's very friendly and upbeat and can easily hold her own in a fist fight.

: : Homeland : :
Isles of Asteroth

: : When you arrived in Leviton : :
Rena arrived in Pensgate 1 year, 2 months, and 9 days ago

: : Other : :
Overuse of her Formes results in personality changes, which may last from a few minutes to a few days.
Rena works at the Fallen Lion pub as a bartender. (Information about The Fallen Lion located on initial post under Location Details)

Last edited:
339538f29a9877d8ae4933a5aa1d8c0f.png

(Possibly placeholder)

Name:
Rion Shadowheart, Mistress Esmerelda's Apprentice.

Magical Skill:
He is not allowed to sell service yet, however he can make luck charms.

Magic you can perform competently:
Rion take after his Mistress but instead of tarot cards use 'normal' playing cards.

♦ Diamond: Creates a weak transparent diamond shaped shield in front of the user.
♠ Spades: Summons 1-3 arrows that fly through the air towards the enemy.
♥ Heart: Heals small minor wounds.
♣ Clubs: Luck charm.

He have been with Esmerelda for two years now, and is currently trying to perfect these spells.

Magic you shouldn't attempt:
Any advanced spell or magic.
Fire magic.

Cake of any kind.
A clear night sky.
Getting spoiled or praised.

Dislikes:
Angry customers.
Funerals.

Fears:
Being abandoned or 'thrown out'.

Life Goals:
To be able to bring the people from his cards alive, like his Mistress can.

Personality:
He act calm in his everyday life, but get nervous when he have to deal with serious magic. 1/3 of the time he fail to complete a spell, however he is improving. For the most part he only talk when spoken to, but he is very kind. He likes smaller children, and have always wanted a little brother or sister.

Hometown:
Rogath.
He grew up in a noble home as a single child. His mom died when he came to the world, which left his father bitter. He was taught stricts manners and how to serve tea and never experienced any love. His father only wanted him out of the house, and managed to convince Esmerelda to take him in.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god... The spoilers are broken on my CS...

@Rion love him~ <3

Also Gene~ Just don't use a spoiler for the overall CS place the spoilers for just the really long sections of text~

• Thank You
Reactions: Rion
The first spoiler is so that it doesn't take up much room.

So, how many apps per person? I intend to make one wizard and one other, the latter being some sort of... what's the word? Nevermind you'll see.

(I really need to update the character list...)

You can up to three apps, though all three wizard slots have been taken already.

I could change it to allow more wizards, but I don't know. It works better with only three. You could make a wanderer wizard who has decided to visit Pensgate, I suppose. You good with that?

A wanderer wizard was just what I was gon make. So, should I proceed with my Wizard app or should I stop and make my 'other' app?

You can proceed.

full

"Well, ain't that a coinky doinky?"

Name: Lucy Claude

Her magic is known as 'Mythos Crystal Magic'. It is easy to cast, but difficult to control depending on form used. Basically, she can use beings sealed in stones to transform into said beings, and can use similiar stones to seal heavily weakened supernaturals. Usually, for regular, low-rank jobs, she uses a variety of weapons to channel attacks based on these creatures, such as guns and even what she calls 'my grand, one-of-a-kind motorcycle, I call her The Mustang', whatever the hell that is.

Her current crystals are Mermaid, Blaze Hellhound, Alraune and Butterfly Fae. She has four more crystals she uses exclusively for her 'ride' as she calls The Mustang - Kelpie for water-riding, Forest Unicorn for land-based all-terrain movement, Hippogriff for full flight and Nightmare for fire resistance, edge resistance and magma-riding. She also appears to have some sort of dimension magic, which is solely used as an inventory and not for teleportation.

For advanced stages, she uses her transformations based on her crystals. Using her four main crystals, she can transform into one of four creatures. Her Mermaid form can manipulate water, and due to minor, self-induced gravity magic, can levitate outside water, albeit only up to 20 metres above solid surface, making it good for surviving falls. Mermaid can switch between tails and legs, but prefers tails. Blaze Hellhound can control flames, but prefers to avoid water. Alraune can command surrounding plants and create minor quakes, and seems to hide a little secret. Butterfly Fae controls the wind and has great flight capabilities. If overused, the creatures sealed in stones might gain sentience and escape.

She has other, seemingly more powerful forms that she really doesn't want to use, since they are rather unstable. Corbeau d'Noir is an amalgamation of various crow-based supernaturals, while Kitsune Reynard is a fusion of numerous fox-based supernaturals. They are strong and have all kinds of abilities, but if used for too long, not just one, but many creatures will escape from the crystals. These are what she calls 'Amalgam Beasts', which have been fused from so many creatures they becoming tough enough to take on the hardest of obstacles.

She is a rebellious adventurer and she is willing to find jobs that allow her to go all-out and crazy. So yes, what she wants to do is... go all out and crazy when it comes to things. A little freedom, as she calls it. Thus, she naturally dislikes rules or laws, finding them restrictive. That doesn't mean she won't follow them.

She claims to be fearless, however, she actually fears any sign of losing, and always wants to win. Her life goals - she does not have many known ones. She simply wants to travel, fight and earn money. Maybe she just wants some fun.

| Like depicted above. She is 1.75 metres and is curvacious but rather flat. |
| She is described as 'wild and rebellious', always trying to find a good fight, have some fun, and maybe ride around town with The Mustang. She is hard to control, and you shouldn't try to stop her actions. |
| Gearbel - a fabled place said to possess great levels of technology, where technology and magic are one. |
| A little before the start of the RP |

*She is equipped with a lot of weaponry, from guns to steampunk vehicles.*
*She claims that her mentor is a Great Wizard named Stilton, but no one has heard of this person.*
*After saying the above sentence and others claiming to doubt her, she says, 'nevermind, I'm here to promote my name, not his.'*​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: chronoVesper
*looks at Crow's CS then looks at my own*

d9f3Gaj.gif

sJx0JEc.png

- Ruby -
- Female -
- Physically 25, presumed to be a lot, a lot older -

. Succubus .

As a succubus, she can naturally drain mild amounts of life force through a kiss, and twenty times as much through... ummm... sexual intercourse. In fact, she needs to do this for sustenance. While regular food definitely tastes good to her, she burns energy from regular food too quickly, making it unideal for sustenance.
She can use her abilities to charm both men and women alike, preferably men. They will feel increasing lust by just being in a ten-metre radius from her. Wizards are 30% resistant, while non-humans are 70% resistant. Neither are fully immune, though, and will still be affected, albeit at a slower rate.
Physiologically, she can expand her wings for flight, and her tail too, can extend and contract.
She has retractive claws on her limbs.
An energy blast can be released from her body, as a form of offense.
A weak slap from her is equivalent to a heavy, muscular man at peak human strength crashing right into you. She can suppress this, though.
She has regenerative properties, regenerating limbs in a matter of hours without faults.
She can hide her demonic, nonhuman traits in order to disguise as a human.
She is capable of manipulating the mind, and the most she can do on those with the strongest will - is to make the entire situation feel like a mere dream, make it look like nothing ever happened.
As a physiological capability, she can alter her gender at will.
As a form of other disguise, she can take the form of a black cat, although the eyes might give her away.

Her immunities encompass mind-targeted attacks, especially attraction or charm spells.

Her skills include enhanced persuasion and trickery. These are the methods she uses to fool others whose power is leagues above hers. She also has

. Seduction, temptation, lust and some companionhood .
. Actual romance, anything that halts her from her path. Oh, and also, corn. One way to halt this demon's actions is to shove corn into her mouth, as she dislikes the taste that much .
* No one knows. *
* What she is currently doing is for money and sustenance. She doesn't seem to have goals now. *

| Like depicted above. She is 1.7 metres and has a bust size of C. She does not actually wear clothes, and instead, expands her wings to act as a cloak over her body. |
| Despite being flirtatious and all, she is actually doing it solely for sustenance. She is actually a nice person, and she cannot bear to harm those she has befriended, or use them as food. |
| Not even she remembers... |
| She's been lurking around for 4 years perhaps? Maybe just 2. No one is certain, but she appeared around the areas between those times. |

* She works as a prostitute around these areas, for money and sustenance. *​

Last edited:
Reactions: G3n3s1sR3b0rn
Finally finished my own CS!

Hold on, is it possible for a character to be under your specified application age? I intended for Lucy to be in her teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.