The Luck of the Dice (Rufiya&Tomoko)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah. Your right, its only been a week after all." Miranda smiled after breaking the kiss, but still holding him. "But it's been a fun week. I mean more fun then I've had in a while." Miranda told him before backing up a bit still smiling. She stretched for a moment, then yawning quietly in the process. Miranda was still a little bit wearying from waking up so darn early. She glanced outside then she checked her phone's clock before looking up to him.

"Well its like 11:30, my brother arrives around 1:00. We could go grab a wheel chair for Charlotte at the hospital I guess.

"We still need to sort out our hotels so I will drop you off at yours go to mine grab my stuff and come back when I am done with that okay?" He smiled at her and lead her back to the car. He opened her door for her as always.

"Sounds okay to me." Miranda agreed stepping inside the car after he opened the door for her, and stepping outside of the car after they arrived. She kissed him on the cheek and walked inside as he drove off. After a couple comments from the same girl at the counter she made her way upstairs. Looking at the messy room she had been living in for the past seven days. She cleaned it up as well as she could before packing everything in her bag and making her way downstairs and outside, not signing out early because she planned on Alex to have her room while she was at Charlotte's.

Clyde finished with his hotel in a matter of minutes he drove to the jewelry store that they got her wedding ring from. The man at the counter smiled at him. "Back again." "yeah I was hoping you had an engagement ring in the style of this wedding ring." He said pulling her ring from his pocket. "Of course. let me just take that ring to get the size." "Thanks." Clyde may be acting on impulse but her words suggested she didn't mind the idea of him proposing and he was gonna do it right this time. Not some drunken half planned half done thing. And she seemed to like her ring. It suit her so he thought he'd get a matching engagement ring. Her wedding ring was a white gold band with three medium sized pearls simple elegant and stunning just like her. The engagement ring that matched it had two pearls smaller but they snugged up to the wedding rings pearls well. His ring was white gold with two small pearl set in it spaced far apart in the thick band to balance it out and give it interest. A bit girly for him but his matched hers and he liked that. "Can all three of these be put in boxes." Of course." Clyde paid and as he was leaving the man said good luck Clyde knew didn't need it but thanked the man anyways. Clyde didn't know when he was going to propose but he was planning it. He hid the rings in his suitcase and quickly drove to her hotel hoping she hadn't waited too much.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Miranda's thoughts wondered to different thing while she waited outside. She wished- no she wanted everything to work out between her and Clyde. Was it normal for her to have such feelings for a man in just seven days? Or was it the situation that amplified it. The last time she was sure she loved somebody it took five years to get married and even then it all went to shit. But Clyde was different..Miranda had no idea. She saw the car drive up and she slipped inside.

"12:00. What do we do?" Miranda smiled, happy to see him even if she was quite confused.

"Hospitals on the way to the airport so I'm going to stop there grab the wheelchair. The door will have to wait for after your brothers here. I will probably have to drop you guys off for like lunch or something. Get the door and go check on Charlotte. Whew such a busy day." He smiled at her. "At least I have you by my side really helps."

Miranda could feel a small blush come upon her face at his words. She smiled at him then turned back forwards, hugging her knees like normally. "Yeah, same here. But, you didn't mention lunch for yourself. You can either join me and Alex or whatever as long as you eat." Miranda said concerned. She remember the time where her other brother had got really sick just for skipping out on some meals. "..It really is a very funny story about how we met." Miranda the continued after a moment of just driving. "I bet you can't wait to tell everyone."

"I'll grab a slice of pizza when I check on Charlotte." He looked sad briefly. "I don't have a family and I just recently lost all my friends. So really the only one to tell is Charlotte." He smiled slightly mostly about his own plans. "Her is hoping your brother doesn't hate me." He laughed. They pulled up to the hospital. "Be right back." He got out and wandered in he talked to a nurse for a bit and eventually got a wheelchair he folded it up and threw it in the truck got back in and kept on driving to the air port.

Miranda nodded at the revelation. How stupid of her, she thought she was in love with this man which she still think she is but she was stupid enough to not even ask about his family back when they first met. They didn't know that much about each other but somehow they knew each other's personas so well. It just confused her even more. "Yeah. I'm sure they will." Miranda added a bit weaker then she wanted, but then again she was kinda sad and felt stupid for being inconsiderate.

"I have a large family..so maybe then you'll have one." Miranda confided while he drove. It comforted her more then it comforted him Miranda thought.

"Don't worry about it hunny. It does make me realize how the moment we stop being so busy you and me need to sit down and get to know each other." He chuckled. They got to the airport and he parked. "Your brother is going to be really confused I realize. My face is still bruised explains the looks I have been getting." He laughed.

Miranda cheered up slightly. It was a nice thought. Just sit around talking about each other. It'd technically be their first date in some senses. When they parked at the airport she laughed, the jump in her step coming back a little. "Yeah..Well I'll do the whole explaining thing, and don't worry your still handsomer then most men I've ever met." Miranda complimented, even if his face was still a little puffy kissing him on the lips. "I'll do the majority of it while we come back so you won't take that much fire. Hopefully."

With that Miranda stepped out, checking her phone. Her brother must be landing right now. She hurried inside standing with everyone else who was waiting for their loved ones. It took a few minutes but eventually Miranda spotted Alex. He was a taller man, about the same as Clyde, he had neat blonde hair, just like Miranda's was once, and really blue eyes. She waved and he ran up picking her up. It's been a while.

"Wow. You've gotten taller.." Miranda complimented happily.

"Yeah, obviously." Alex remarked, patting his older sister's head. "But anyway what did you want to talk about?"

"Oh yeah. Well you see..I met this guy while driving here and..." Miranda explained slowly as they walked.
"So what now your married?" Alex questioned automatically his tone seeming like he thought she was joking.

"Uh, no it turns out we were drunk and forgot our names and wrote them wrong on the papers." She answered very seriously.

"So now you've gone your separate ways?" Alex said, seriously this time. Even stopping them in front of the door

"Uh. Actually no, Lex. I really really like him. I might even lo-" Miranda said nervously, her hands slipping into her pockets only for her to be interrupted.

"Miranda..you know what happened the last time you told me that?" Alex sighed, looking away as if what Miranda had done was so incredibly stupid.

"..Of course but Lex this is totally different I swear." Miranda argued, she genuinely sounding sincere.

"You've known him for like a week!" Alex said in disbelief.

"Exactly. But I haven't been this happy!" Miranda finished, Alex looking away in thought. She sighed mentioning that he would be the one driving. Causing Alex to look back at her, Miranda was just wishing he wouldn't blow up.

Clyde was leaning on his car letting her have her time with her brother. He was nervous and wanted a smoke really bad but he wanted to quit. Also so he didn't make a bad impression. He nervously made room for her brothers bag in the trunk. He had never met a girls family before.

"I cannot believe you are actually serious about this guy Mira." Alex told his older sister, that nickname once a thing of the past and its sudden use catching her attention a little bit more. The two of them walked, Miranda racking her mind to try and think of someway to try and convince him but he was a stubborn nut like everyone else in her family. "You've never even been in a relationship Lex. How would you know?" Miranda spat glaring at him a little. He rolled his eyes. "Because I've seen this all play out before." Alex told her sighing to himself. Miranda didn't have the chance to reply because they walked outside where Clyde was waiting.

"What the hell? Is he like in some fight-club or something?" Alex commented to himself, only audible enough for Miranda to hear. "He got that protecting his friend Charlotte, you ass." Miranda whispered as they got closer getting more and more frustrated. "So who is this Charlotte? His other girlfriend?" Alex commented rolling his eyes. Miranda turned punching him in the gut slightly, not really caring if Clyde saw that. "Chill the fuck out." Miranda spoke dead serious garnering Alex to more or less behave.

Alex walked passed her, offering his hand. "Alex. I'm assuming your the one who screwed my sister while she was drunk right?" Miranda couldn't believe what her brother had just said, she hurried over rushing him into the back seat of the car before anything else could happen. Sitting with him in the back to try and reason with him. "Please don't be mad Clyde.." Miranda thought to herself before he came back in.

Clyde shook his hand kindly not challenging him at all. Once in the car Clyde turned and met his golden eyes with Alex's "Nice to meet you I am Clyde. I can understand why your protective but I just finished saving my little sister from her ex that was beating on her. So I am in no mood for another bully. Your sister is old enough to make her own choices. I don't care if this makes you hate me but I am going to speak my mind." Clyde turned around. "Where are we headed too Miranda?"

Miranda let a breath out relived that Clyde was a very care-free man in some ways. Miranda could spend the whole day trying to convince her hard-headed brother but if Clyde would've lashed out it would make it that much harder. Sheesh. Clyde reminded why Miranda loved him so much and she turned to look at her brother before back at him. "Well drop us off at my hotel, and maybe pick me up around evening and we'll head over to Charlotte's." Miranda told him, noticing the uneasy shift in Alex's posture at her words.

"Lex. I told you to calm the fuck down. And now we are going to my hotel and you'll take over my room and I'm going to live with them okay?" Miranda said in most calm tone she could possibly attain. Alex rolled his eyes but it seemed like he would cooperate. At least for now. "Thanks Clyde." Miranda added before they began to drive off.

Clyde nodded and drove letting them talk or whatever he was tired and lack of sleep plus healing his face was catching up with him. Standing up to her brother had taken courage and energy. He just zoned into driving and soon they were at her hotel. He got out and opened their doors for them. He kissed her on the cheek. "Text me when you need me. Nice meeting you." Clyde got in his car went back to Charlottes checked on her changed her bandages grabbed a snack. He then drove to a hardware store got the supplies he needed and drove home. He then got to fixing the door.

Miranda walked ahead of her brother, still clearly pissed off. She had one of the employees take his bag to her room but afterwards didn't respond to him until they sat down at the hotel's restaurant. After the waiter took their orders she robbed her forehead as if she still had that hang over, sighing loudly. Alex sighed as well. "What did you think I was gonna do? Let you run into another stupid relationship?" Alex spat getting angry once again.

"Hey, fuck you." Miranda remarked. "This was so much different then the one with Leon alright? And who are you to judge! Your the one who had told me Leon was a good guy!" Miranda continued, filtering her voice with frustration. Alex shut his mouth for a moment, knowing that one bit of her words were true. He did think that Leon was a good guy at first.

"Your such a trash mouth you know that? Its different because instead of years after relationship building you two just magically woke up married? That's not your heart talking Mira." Alex shot back, sighing afterwards. He didn't often fight with Miranda so it was still a new feeling.

"How would you know? I don't like- I don't love him for how well he does in bed!" Miranda defended, correcting herself as she was completely sure about her feelings. "In this past week, I would rather have memories of what we did together then memories of five damn years with Leon even if it had ended well." She continued, only stopping as people were beginning to stare.

"And now after we finish lunch, your going to go up to my room, which is basically now yours. Clean up, get dressed and go party because I'm going to Charlotte's." Miranda spoke cutting him off from replying. Ending the argument. "And afterwards if you can't handle doing nothing productive for a day or two then come by and help out at the home okay?"

Alex calmed down a little. Agreeing and no longer seeing the point in trying to convince Miranda, didn't mean he liked this Clyde guy at all but there was nothing he could do about it. He would just leave that to their parents. Not to long after the waiter came giving them their food. They ate in silence, ending with Miranda giving him the address to Charlotte's home. She walked outside as he made his way up texting Clyde to pick her up.

Clyde had just picked up Eric from school and brought him home when his phone went off. He got in his car and drove to her hotel. Getting out and opening her door for her after he pulled her in for a kiss. "Hey there darling I can't wait for a good nights sleep so busy today. You doing good?"

"I'm fine." Miranda smiled, returning the kiss warmly. "A little bit annoyed, but not at you. I'm pretty sorry for what Alex said. What he said was basically true but I would not have it any other way." Miranda admitted, joking towards the end as she slipped inside the car. She stretched inside, yawning a little afterwards.

"Yeah a nice sleep after some dinner would be nice, speaking of dinner what should we buy or cook?" She brought up realizing that the sun was slowly beginning to set.

"I can't cook I can only burn and cause fires so that is completely up to you. Eric is home with Charlotte she's in her wheel chair but I'd like to get home kinda quick." He yawned and sighed. "I fixed the door though so we can crash in our room tonight."

Status
Not open for further replies.