The Lost Soul

"How would you know that? I've only been here for a day," he replied, walking backward. "You gotta at least give me a chance."

Raine snorted. "Give you a chance to what? Somehow improve on your personality?"

"See? That's the attitude to have. You do think I have a personality. You can take it however you want. I'll be back later. And tell the little snitch to mind its own."

Raine crossed her arms and shook her head. "As long as you're my responsibility, the pixie stays with you. It's either her or the cat."

"Which one is worse?" He asked, still walking backward. So far, the cat had seemed less annoying. However, he could be wrong.

Raine chuckled a little. "The cat, definitely. At least Enla can't be seen by normal people."

"Yeah, well, all these not normal people among the normals are kind of freaking me out, so…" He shrugged.

Raine chuckled again. "You'll have to get used to it while you're under my care." She paused, "I could ask the witch that removes your potential spell to make one that makes you forget the time you're exposed to the unusual."

He shrugged, seemingly indifferent to that. "Okay. Whatever's the easiest, I guess."

Raine glanced back at him. "You are so strange, I've never seen a person be so... loose before."

"Loose? What's that supposed to mean?" He didn't ask in an accusatory way. In fact, he wasn't ashamed of being different. Of being 'loose'.

Raine chuckled. "So care-free, like nothing in the world could bother you. You must have been a hippie or something before your memory loss."

He wasn't sure what a hippie was, and he didn't feel the need to ask. He shrugged. "Like I said, you guess is as good as mine. I just don't see the point in worrying about things you can't control."

Raine smiled a little. "Honestly, I wish I was a little bit like you. But just a little bit."

He grinned widely and winked. "Everyone wishes they were like me, even if it's just a little bit."

Raine snorted. "Alright, I take it back." She turned her head to look forward.

He did the same, walking in the opposite direction. There was still so much more to do, to see.

Enla continued to follow him, twirling and doing flips every once in a while.

He was still slightly irritated by the pixie's presence, but he obviously couldn't get rid of it, so he resorted to going back to ignoring it and the people that could see it.

He was once again mostly ignored. The people who did notice Enla didn't seem to care much about him. That was until he could catch the old woman in the corner of his eye. She was gone when he went to look properly though, instead, a woman leaning against a wall in an alley with narrowed eyes looked at him.