The Lost Soul

The more she spoke, the more confused he got. "Yeah, I hate to be blunt, but I have no idea what you're talking about. And I did not realize that I had more than one option."

The old woman smiled a little. "Amazing how your personality stays the same despite no memories."

He raised his eyebrows. "How do you keep finding ways to avoid the questions? If you know me, can you not just tell me who I am?" Who I'm supposed to be?

The old woman hummed a little, and as if reading his mind, responded with; "That is something you must discover yourself. However, you are more than welcome to accept help like from that young witch."

"I still have literally no idea why you just can't tell me straight." He paused for a second, still staring at the ancient lady. He figured she was a witch as well, or had been at some point. "Would it be faster to find out on my own or to let her help me?"

The old woman hummed a little. "Help definitely helps, but it's entirely up to you. Will you go down the path of selfishness and greed, or will you choose kindness and charity?"

His patience was definitely wearing thin. He didn't even see why anything he did or didn't do mattered to the old hag. "Listen," he replied. "Whatever I choose, it's none of your business, and it's none of your little birdies' business, either."

The old woman chuckled. "How curious. How interesting. You truly are odd, as the pixies say."

So the pixies were the snitches. At least now he knew. He shrugged. "I don't know why people…creatures…witches…keep saying that about me," he muttered.

The old woman shrugged. "Perhaps they all know something you don't." She chuckled a little.

He shook his head and left. Of course they all knew something he didn't. He didn't know much right now, especially when it came to himself. Whatever. That old witch must've just been trying to get in his head.

The old woman chuckled as he left. Enla reappeared and floated beside him.

He bristled at her laugh and pointedly ignored Enla. Whatever. He didn't care what she thought; she was old and probably didn't even know anything about him. At least, that's what he tried to convince himself of.

Enla silently followed him as he walked, though anticipating he would have more questions.

He refused to ask Enla anything. He didn't talk to things that were snitches to other witches. So, he just walked, trying to blow off steam. He walked straight past anything that might've been anything witch related.

Enla continued to quietly follow him, like before a couple of people paused at seeing Enla but most didn't care.

He ended up ignoring most people, especially the ones that paused. He eventually found a place that was decidedly not…witchy…and entered if just for fun.

Enla tilted her head and followed him inside. It looked like an ordinary clothes store.

He glanced down at his clothes. A change definitely would be nice. His clothes were still tattered from, was it really yesterday? It felt like forever ago. He browsed around.

Enla giggled and twirled around him. "How are you going to pay?"