The Lost Soul

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"That's a given," he sighed. "I meant you don't tell them, if I decide not to get my memories erased, that I didn't get my memories erased. Do you get what I'm layin' down?" The last part felt wrong as soon as it left his mouth, but he wasn't sure why.

Raine snorted. "Fine, fine. I promise I won't."

"You can't tell me you've never heard of the ask forgiveness instead of forgiveness. It's like that."

Raine tilted her head slightly. "I suppose I have, I've never had to use it though." She shrugged.

He raised his eyebrows. "You can't tell me you've never done something that someone didn't want you to do."

Raine shrugged. "Ive never really had anyone tell me what to do before, except for when I was a kid. I guess the elders commands count, but they've never been hard on me."

"So…what I'm hearing is that you're spoiled?"

Raine snorted. "More like I don't stick around long enough for them to care."

"Oh, what's that? Yeah I'm still hearing spoiled," he replied, smirking.

Raine rolled her eyes. "If you think so, so far from what I've seen you're the spoiled one."

"That," he said, chuckling, "was the greatest comeback I've ever heard," finished, mocking her.

Raine sighed and shook her head. "Rich coming from the guy that tried to walk out of a store without paying."

"I would've gotten away with it, too," he replied. "And the only reason I did that was because–" he turned his pockets inside out, "-- I have no money."

Raine snorted. "Yeah, of course you would have." She said it in a sarcastic tone. She rolled her eyes. "Of course you don't, which is why I had you followed."

"I still think that's an invasion of my privacy, but whatever," he replied, rolling his eyes back at her.

Raine hummed a little. "Right, then you can wander on your own next time, without a guard. See what you run into."

"A guard? It was more like a social butterfly. Pun not intended. Or a snitch. Either one works," he replied with a shrug. "What on earth would it be guarding me from?"

Raine glanced back at him. "She's a messenger for the guard, if it was needed, the actual guard, probably me, could show up. Like at the store."

"Aaaand what were you guarding me from again? I can't seem to…I can't seem to remember," he replied, obviously just being difficult.

Raine shook her head. "Let's hope you never need to know. You probably wouldn't encounter anything being on the main streets in the city anyway."