The Lost Soul

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
He nodded. "Okay, then. Let's go. No use standing around here."

Raine nodded and moved to the door. Paige smiled and waved as Raine opened the door and left the house, standing on the porch to wait for him to follow her.

He did, closing the door behind him, glancing back but not offering any thanks.

Raine started walking down the street the way they came.

He followed, silent, lost in his own thoughts.

Eventually they made it back to Raine's house and she let out a small sigh as she opened the gate.

The noise pulled him out of his thoughts. "...What's wrong?" He asked, stepping through the gate.

Raine shook her head. "Nothing..." She paused, "I just hoped that last potion would have worked."

"If you want me out of the house so bad, all you have to do is say so," he replied humorlessly.

Raine shrugged as she made her to the house and opened the door. "I'm just not used to having guests. Especially guests that might be dangerous."

"What do you mean, might be dangerous? I can't be dangerous if I barely know anything in the first place." He entered the house.

Raine hesitated before sighing again. "Paige didn't say it in front of you, but she texted me. She saw you on tv, she couldn't remember the context, but it was more than once."

He raised his eyebrows. "So you weren't…joking. Before." For some reason, he wasn't being…dramatic, or laughable.

Raine shrugged. "I was. Paige texted me on our way back just now."

"Why only now? And…more importantly…why are you telling me this?" He asked quietly.

Raine shrugged again as she went to the table and sat in a chair. "I'm not sure what caused her to remember. And I'm not sure, I guess to confirm the oracle was right about you being an important person? And that it's important to get our memories back."

He was silent as she spoke. It took him a minute to reply. "Our memories? And I don't know what being on tv says about my memories, and the oracle is…" He shook his head. "There's no way she actually counts," he finished, smirking.

Raine leaned back into the chair, nodding. "The oracle does count, as ridiculous as it may seem, she's generally right." She ran a hand through her hair, "Being on tv multiple times means you meant something. Whether you were an actor or somebody on the news."

"Yeah, but you could say that about any old person. They're generally right because they've been wrong so many other times. Aaaand I don't know how I feel about you using the past tense. Meant. I'm pretty sure I still am something if I once was."

Raine chuckled. "True enough. People say the oracle is centuries old." She chuckled again, "Of course, you still mean something, to someone out there. Someone is looking for you."