The Lost Soul

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I'm guessing hunters aren't too far up on that list, huh?"

Raine nodded. "They shouldn't target you since you don't radiate magic, but as long as we're actively trying to restore your memories, you have traces of magic on you, which makes them a threat."

"Maybe, but wouldn't it throw a hunter off because I'm obviously not a witch but I have traces of magic?" He tapped his temple. "Just sayin."

Raine chuckled a bit. "True, it might. They usually don't care, though."

"So then, what's the problem?" He asked. "The only possible problem is that they could follow me back here."

Raine sighed a little. "They could follow you back here, or worse, kill you without asking questions."

"Not in public. That would make a scene. No good hunter wants to make a scene with so many witnesses."

Raine nodded. "Yeah, just make sure you don't wander into any alley's."

He flashed an unreadable grin. "But that's where the fun things go down." It seemed as though the tone of his voice had changed a little, too.

Raine frowned a little. "Even powerful witches and wizards get taken down by hunters, how do you expect to take them on?"

"I never said I was going to," he replied with a slight shrug. "A little danger never hurt anyone….who has decent street smarts."

Raine snorted. "Yeah, except maybe get you killed. Never hurt anyone."

"No, I don't think me getting killed would hurt anyone," he replied with yet another nonchalant shrug.

Raine sighed a little. "It would hurt me now that we know each other."

"How can you know me even though I don't even know myself?" He asked, no condescending undertone in his voice.

Raine leaned back into the couch. "I know you're a selfish and spoiled prick. But, you're right in that it makes you charming. In a way."

"No," he objected, pretending to be offended. "I'm charming anyways, being selfish and not spoiled, by the way, just adds to it."

Raine chuckled. "Sure, sure. Whatever you say." She yawned.

"Good, because that's what I say," he replied, seeming smug.

Raine chuckled a bit and waved him off Before lying her hand down completely on the cushion.