The Lost Soul

For some reason, those words sent…not comforting feelings, but instead a chill down his spine. "Whether that's good or bad," he chuckled. "Well, I guess I'll find out."

Raine frowned a little. "Why do you think that might be bad? I mean, it's probable that a witch or wizard spelled you, but if it was that bad, they could have killed you before."

"There are worse things than death, don't you think?" He asked.

Raine shrugged. "Probably, I imagine losing your memory is one of those things."

"Meh, I don't know. It's hard to miss something you don't remember."

Raine chuckled. "True enough I suppose. Although I have memories I would rather forget, I couldn't imagine losing all of them."

"Yeah, it's one of those weird things where it is until it isn't. If that makes any sense."

Raine nodded. "It kind of does, I think. Anyway, still nothing from the potion earlier?"

"Depends on the whole housing issue," he replied, a ghost of a smirk on his face.

Raine rolled her eyes. "You can stay here as long as you need."

"There wouldn't be a chance I could get you to record that somewhere, right? Just so I can hold you to that. Later."

Raine snorted. "I don't expect you to trust me, but still."

"Still what? You can't tell me that one day you're gonna be like–" he raised his voice several octaves, "-- 'I don't want you in my house anymore!'"

Raine shook her head and sat on the couch, crossing her arms. "That day will come, but only after you've regained your memories. I can't let you wander off when you can't defend yourself, especially now being exposed to my world."

"Who says I can't defend myself now?" He asked, pausing a moment before following up the question with another: "And who says I'll be able to defend myself once I do have my memories?"

Raine chuckled a bit. "There are things in my world you would rather not encounter. And once you have your memories back, we'll re-blind you to it, or is that not what you want?"

He shrugged. "I dunno. I'll decide that when it comes to it." He wasn't really sure how he felt about more memories being taken away from him, though.

Raine nodded a little. "Okay. I know the elders will want your knowledge of my world erased but I can try to convince them not to."

"What? Why are you asking them? Just don't tell them," he replied as if that was common knowledge. He leaned against the wall close to the couch.

Raine rolled her eyes. "The elders probably already know about you."