The Lost Soul

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
He butted into the conversation. "Like tarot cards and things? Or what's the deal?" Cards? Obviously, she was no magician, so that flew out the window. Also, he wondered how cards were more powerful than potions.

Paige nodded. "yes, like tarot cards. But I'm pretty okay at potions and spells. Now, I have a potion for you, but it has a lot of ingredients you probably won't like."

"Then why did you tell me?!" He definitely did not want to drink it now. "And why do you already have it prepared? Should I be worried?" He asked, sticking his nose up.

Raine rolled her eyes and Paige giggled. "Obviously so you can't complain it tasted weird." She went into the kitchen and brought back what looked like a berry smoothie, though it wasn't very much. "The sooner you drink, the sooner you get your memories back, and the sooner you get out of this world, which is what you want right?"

"Yeah, well, I'm probably going to complain anyways," he grumbled, looking at the potion-smoothie liquid. He stared at her as she continued to talk. "What do you mean, out of this world?" He asked. Considering she knew more than what she wanted to tell him. He blinked and said, "also, you say that I'll get my memories back, but everything that Raine has tried hasn't worked, so what makes you so confident?"

Paige shrugged, crossing her arms. "As in out of the magical, secret world." She paused before shrugging again. "Raine has told me she's tried two other common potions, this is the third. The third time's a charm, right?"

"Hoooold up. So this is going to make me forget…this…too?" He asked, gesturing widely. He honestly wasn't exactly sure how he felt about that.

Paige shook her head. "No, we can talk about you forgetting knowing about us after you've regained all your memories."

He shrugged. "Okay." He took the potion, holding up close and eyeing it. Knowing what he knew about it, it didn't look particularly appetizing. He sighed, lowering the container before opening it and drinking it all.

Paige and Raine exchanged satisfied looks and Paige took the container after he finished it. "Feel anything?"

He waited for a second. "Oh! Oh wait! Nope. Nothing." Not yet, anyways. He chose to ignore the look the two had exchanged.

Paige sighed and went to put the container in the sink before returning. "Guess it's time to consult the elders."

Raine frowned and nodded. "Seems so."

"The elders?" He asked, confused and lost.

Raine nodded. "Elder members of the coven. 'Elder' is usually a stretch, it just means they're powerful and long-time members."

"Oh, okay…" He was silent, this little itch in the back of his brain that he just couldn't seem to scratch. Why did the elders seem so…familiar?

Raine tilted her head slightly. "Did the potion do something?"

He shrugged. "I dunno. Not that I can tell. Why? Did my aura change or something?"

Raine shook her head. "No, I was just hoping it would. Well, I guess we can head back to my place now."

"We're not going to visit the elders?" He asked.

Raine shook her head. "Not right away. Paige needs time to talk to them to see if they're even willing to help."