The Little Wanderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She noticed that he didn't stiffen up as much in this hug then he did the others, smiling lightly. It was good to see.. And feel him hug back softly. Reluctant to break the hug, she knew she'd be seeing David tomorrow, so let go, picking her shoes up with one hand, and holding onto David with another. "Ok.. " She yawned out, walking around until Rochell found them again and tucked sleepy Ingrid against her side. "You're so good with her.." She whispered, knowing Ingrid wouldn't hear because she was too busy trying not to doze off while standing. "Thank you" She whispered again, getting her 'handler' to pick her up and take her to the car, she waved back at David with a slight smile as the door closed.

"Well.. Good night, David. Sure I won't stop hearing about you now" Rochell laughed slightly, starting to walk down the steps, and Richard started to follow, just giving a small smile and a nod to David as he passed, opening the car door for Rochell, sliding in himself, and the car left down the street again...

Last edited by a moderator:
David smiled at Rochell and said "Well, I"m just being who I am." Rubbing the back of his neck lightly as he saw Ingrid tucked up against her mother. When she said thank you he replied with "really it's my pleasure, and if she ever wants to learn anything about art then I"m always open. for free, that is." As he lightly waved to the two as they left,saying "Good night" then nodding back at Richard when he walked by. He'd stretch his arms over his head as he looked around. This place was getting pretty empty, and it was about time for him to take his leave. Walking down the stairs and heading into his car.

He'd start it up and checked the back seat to make sure everything was there, smiling as he started driving off back home. When he got hoe, he went inside and locked his door. Heading up to his bedroom and getting out some drawing supplies and paper as he began to work. Adding finishing touches and filling in blanks on his artchetical design, doing this for few hours before going off to sleep.

After getting home, Ingrid just changed and crawled into bed. As soon as her head hit the pillow and her mother brought the covers up over her properly, she was asleep. Not without wondering what David was up to first though. It had been a long day, but a good one. She made sure David's painting was put up just perfectly by the door, so she'd see it first thing in the morning, so that would be a nice thing to wake up to. With all that in mind, and wondering what the day was going to be like tomorrow, she slept pretty easy.

In the morning, well, closer to noon, Ingrid had gotten up and had ehrself dropped off by David's front door as Rochell was off shopping, and Richard was doing work things. It had only been this late since she hadn't woken up til now. Her mother joked it was her body getting ready for the long teenager naps, but she didn't really understand it. She walked up to the door and took a breath, ringing the door bell, really hoping she wasn't waking David up or bothering him while painting. Even though she was invited, they didn't set a time, so all sorts could be happening.

The door was already halfway open, and inside she could see David, and his twin brother talking. Their hair, faces and height and waiting looking the same, and their voices sound almost exactly the same. David was dressed up in his usual outfit, dark green dress shirt and black dress pants, and his brother, Ian, was dressed up in jeans,a long sleeved black shirt and a hunter's jacket. The conversation between the two seemed a bit awkward, but she could hear some of what they were saying.

Ian stood there confidently and offered David a hand "Come on, why don't you go hunting with me? We could spend some time together and try to get over what happened." To which David shook his head and replied "Maybe later, I've got other plans today." His brother ,seemed to be a more impatient one, grabbing at David's arm and saying "I'm sure that can wait, were family after all." David was about to open up his mouth and say something, when he saw Ingrid. Smiling as he took his arm away from his brother's hold and walked to her, opening the door up fully and patting her on the head "Hey Ingrid, nice to see you." Ian had his arms crossed over his chest and then sat down on a chair, sighing and resting his cheek in his palm ,as his elbow dug into the arm rest of the chair.

Ingrid didn't like this situation.. Her shoulder's hunched up out of being nervous, not liking the atmosphere in the room at all. As David came over, she stuck close to him.. "Whose he?" She asked quietly, holding onto his hand lightly like she did the night before. The way they looked... That was weird. Part of her didn't realize it was David really talking to her until she noticed the same shirt he wore when they met.. Otherwise she would've been completely lost. And the attitude.. Ian seemed a lot more.. Well.. Not David.

"You're busy.. huh?" She asked, almost able to hear her heart sink in her voice. Ian seemed to look at her, and she quickly moved behind David to avoid the look from his eyes. She was like that with everyone. In fact, it was an achievement that David got anything out of her really, but he did have the advantage of her knowing she should've have been in the garden in the first place.. But Ian.. No, there was something she just didn't like, completely opposite to David.

David smiled at Ingrid as he gently held her hand "Oh, that's just my twin, Ian..Don't mind him." Ian would Hmph a bit as he looked at the two, giving a quick glance at Ingrid as he sat in his chair. Annoyed as he kept tapping his finger against his knee. David would look at Ingrid and chuckle some "Oh, I'm not busy, not at all." He reached out to gently pat her on the head. He'd look to his brother and said "Ian, I'll go hunting with you later, okay? But I already promised Ingrid that we'd hang out today. Speaking of which, how abut I introduce you two?"

Ian let's out a light sigh as he looked at Ingrid, who was hiding behind his twin. He'd roll his eyes and lazily said "My name's Ian..Nice to meet you." before getting out of his chair and glancing at David "Well, fine then. I guess I'll leave for now. You have fun babysitting or whatever you're doing." As he picked up his bow and strapped it to his back, tossing the second one at David "But you better get some practice in, I know you haven't used that in a while so you're probably rusty." He said as she walked out the door, shutting it behind him by pushing his foot against it.

David would sigh and lightly shake his head, muttering out "He always thinks he's in control." s he held onto the bow and put it on the table, turning around to face Ingrid, seeming to calm down and cheer up some as he smiled at her "So, what do you want to do today?"

"Nice to meet you.." Ingrid mumbled back, her grip growing tighter on David. She really didn't like this.. Ian.. He gave off the wrong vibe.. Like all the other adults. BABYSITTING?! Oh no that was the last straw. As Ian started leaving, she 'accidently' stuck her foot out a bit, making Ian half stumble at the door before all the talk of 'bows' and shooting came about. She stayed hunched up, even after the door closed. And this is why she was so attached to David.. He at least made her feel safe.

But as he began to calm down, her shoulders slowly hunched "Erm... I dunno.." She murred back, loosing all thought of what fun ideas she had today because of Ian freaking her out slightly.

Ian seemed to have ignored the stumble entitely, just entering his car and driving away. David would look at Ingrid and think a bit "Well, maybe we could sit down and talking, or watch something, maybe go out to the garden and paint together. Maybe I could draw you a portrait?" he was coming up with sevral ideas of what they could do as he smiled sweetly at her. As he patted her on the head "I'll do whatever you want to do."

Ingrid slowly relaxed back down, smiling back at him gently. "Painting sounds fun" She nodded. Even him just suggesting he'd do whatever she wanted sounded... Great. She slid in for another hug, feeling that she needed it a little bit after that weird atmosphere. "You're really sweet..." She murred, smiling up at him gently.

David hugged her back and said "Thanks, you are too." Before breaking the hug and offering her his hand, leading her to the back door and heading out the garden, there was already a easel and such set up. He'd look her in the eyes and said "So, have you ever painted before?"

Ingrid smiled, walking out with him and looking to the easel. "A few times.. In school. But they kinda jsut tell you what to do, instead of just letting you do what you want" she replied, moving herself to sit up on the stool David had out.

David would smile as he handed her the pallet and brush wen she sat on the stool "Well here, you can paint whatever you want." Standing besides her as he watched her "and I'll just watch and see what you do. I'm sure whatever you create will be just as pretty as you."

Her blush grew bakc as she giggled slightly, finding something from the garden to paint. The tree with the seats around it seemed pretty.. pretty. One thing she doid alsoways lean from school was start with the foreground first, filling in all the grass and starting on outlining the white benches. A bit nervous with him watching, but she wouldn't want to do this on her own either.

Stood there and watched as she began to paint, looking from her, to the canvas and to the tree she was working on with a smile. Curious to see how it will turn out. Though when he looked at her for a second he noticed her face went red, and began to wonder if she was usually this shy to compliments. As he wondered that he smiled a bit more and just thought it was adorable, enjoying her company more an more.

After getting about half way through, she smiled, handing the paint brush up to David "Your turn" She said softly, moving off the stool to let him sit down. She'd done a lot, all the main outlines and block colours, just needed highlighting and blending really. She could've done it, but wanted it to eb something they sort of did together.

Spending this time with David was the most fun she'd had in a while, and that was really saying something as it was normally following her mother and father around on random trips. Plus, she felt she could be normal here, not have to 'behave' or be quiet.

would take the brush and smile at her, sitting at the stool and looking the painting over so far "Now, let's see.." Dipping the tip of the brush into some paint and started working on finishing the painted for her. Seeming to get focused in on it like it was his own little world. His brush gently flowing along the canvas and adding in all the fine details, seeming really at peace like this. After some time, he would finish it up then smile at Ingrid, putting his his pallet and brush down. "Well, what do you think of our little work here?"

Ingrid smiled and watched him peacefully. She didn't disturb him or anything while he was in his little world, only too happy to watch and enjoy the painting transform into something better. As David stopped, she smiled again "I'd buy it" She giggled, leaning up against David's side slightly as she looked back at the painting.

David would gently wrap one arm around her in a hug as she leaned up against him. "Well, you can have it for free." He really seems to have grown used to her, being the one to hug her this time. He'd smile at her and then asked "Want to head inside now? Maybe I could cook us up something to eat?" He'd let go of her and get off of the stool, standing up and offering her his hand.

Ingrid was surprised that he hugged her, but smiled and hugged him back gently, holding onto his shirt for a while. "Hm.. I am hungry.. Please" She giggled as she let go and took a hold of his hand and following him inside. She'd never been this comfortable with someone.. There was this strange feeling growing in the pit of her stomach whenever he turned and smiled at her, it was so weird, but a good weird, just made her want to stay closer.

David closed the door behind them and then looked down at her "So, what would you like to eat? I'm pretty I could make it for you." He said with her hand still in his, looking her in the eyes as he waited for er to speak. Still smiling as they stood there, feeling himself grow more attached to the young girl. For a moment he thinks, maybe too attached.But that thought quickly fades into the back of his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.