The last Rakoor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before anyone knew Hagen was next to the group, such speed shouldn't be possessed by a human. He smashed hi right fist into the side of Rivrin's face, the force sending her flying back a few feet. He then spun side kicking Vehn in the stomach causing him as well to be sent back a few feet.

Hagen now stood in between the two and the slave girl, he didn't know why his body just seemed to move. The need to protect this girly he barley knew filled his head

Rivrin flicked her wings out causing a gust of dirt to whip up as she landed lightly on her feet, adjusting her jaw she growled and her eyes flashed a bright glowing red as fire sprung from the ground all around them.
Rivrin moved back forward this time stopping a few feet away and she kept her wings half spread and her long tail curled outwards behind her

Vhen clutched his stomach a little as he bowed his head. "Hmm... I thought a wasp smacked me." the lad chuckled as he began to feel his blood boil immensely. Yes, this kind of lust for blood-- it felt so good. No, no, no. He had to control himself. Vhen inhaled deeply for a few seconds before standing up, and looking at the small carnival of madness happening in front of him. That boy wasn't a normal human, he'd give him that. However, he was awfully careless and clumsy. Strong, yes, but intelligent, not a chance. Vhen didn't need to get involved in this nonsense. The only thing he was here for was for that servant girl. He could have just picked another, but he did pay a hefty sum for her-- it would be unfair to him not receive what he paid for fairly.

Vhen saw the trader trying to flee, and immediately caught him by the collar. "If that girl dies, you'll give me another slave, right?" Vhen spoke menacingly albeit in a calm manner. The trader nodded fiercely as Vhen just sat in one of the stalls, observing the brewing battle about to commence. The demoness' flames were starting to heat up.

"A demon against a metahuman. Interesting line-up." Vhen chuckled as he grabbed one of the paper fans from the store, and began fanning himself. "You know, I'd wager that the demon wench will win, but then again, that boy did deliver quite a kick. What do you say? 10 pieces of silver says that the demon wench will win?" Vhen gambled with the remaining on-lookers because why not make use of a brewing fight to entertain himself? Besides, he was too busy observing the girl as well... she did attack him once. Would she also join in the fight?

It let out a ferocious roar that echoed through reality, distorting the space around the girl. The resulting wave knocked everyone but her to their knees, extinguishing the flames. "NO HARM TO GIRL" It bellowed, surrounding her

Meanwhile, in a dark alleyway not too far away from where the action was happening, the mayor was nervously speaking with a woman who remained in the shadows. "S-surly that price is insane for one man!" "Do you want him dead or not? From what I see, he is no ordinary man." "Bu-" "Do we have a deal or no?" "Er... Yes, but you are payed when he is dead!" "Very well." The two shook hands and parted ways, the mayor holding his in pain. A older woman exited the alleyway.image.jpg
"Ten gold no one dies." She calmly sat down with the gamblers and posted her bet.

Vhen eyed the woman who joined them recently. Suddenly, a burst of energy erupted from the fight as Vhen expressed his amusement at this brawl. "If no one dies from that, I'd be surprised, really. However, you did place an interesting bet, so I'll contest that." Vhen smiled. He did have money to burn, why not do so? Vhen threw down 10 pieces of gold on the table as he looked at the older woman. "10 gold says that at least one will die." Vhen chuckled. He was just gambling for the fun of it-- he didn't even want to win.

"You a fighting enthusiast as well?" Vhen inquired without looking at the woman. "Interestingly enough, people nowadays are fighting everyday. Looks like everyday there's a brawl." the lad yawned. "Still, the mayor ain't doin' anything about it. Last time I heard that the mayor did something, he had one of those who opposed him killed. He's used to hiring assassins, he can't dirty his own hands, ya know?"

"Oh, I almost forgot. You have a name madame?" Vhen turned to the lady with a tile of his head.

"One sec." The woman then turned to her top hat waring sister Abbay who was sitting on a rooftop and playing a lively tune on her accordion. "Oi, sis!" The woman yelled and Abbay tossed her a large sack of coins. "Twelve gold says no deaths." When Vhen started talking about assassins she simply nodded her head while thinking, 'you are writing checks kid.' When asked for her name she replied with, "Sen. You?"

Her new owner Vhen asked her to stand up and handed her a cane an old cane. She was asked if she could fight after being instructed with a silver key. He looked pained? She wasn't sure.but nodded. She didn't answer about being able.to fight. Kill more like, she thought wryly. Amused despite feeling an.entity near her, she was.surprised when a hand appeared out of.nowhere accompanied by a roar which sent her owner flying. He was furious as far as she.could see. Who wouldn't when attacked like that?
Then everything seemed to happen at the same.time. A demon girl appeared with intention to fight. But with whom? Not with her perhaps? She shivered again. Then her eyes locked with the red eye.boy. Impossible, she thought once again. She seemed.to feel him despite the distance. He was with her in a second, sending away the demon girl with force. Eyes wide, she realized that the boy was a Rakoor. She heard betting around those.who stayed. Scanning the area, she noticed a.woman who seemed to be an assasin. Not wanting any bloodshed, she began to calm herself. "Please stop." she told the ethereal being surrounding her. Taking a step forward, she touched the boy with gentle hands as if calm him also. "Please. Do not fight. I want to go home with my master." she said in a monotone voice. "Sire." she walked.towards him and bowed. "I can fight but rather not use it as much as possible. Would you like to go home now?" she asked before.turning to the red eye.boy and.hugged him. "You could.visit if you want." she smiled at him. "Enough." she said.in a surprisingly loud and.clear voice. After that, she waited for her master to say something. She could feel her fear coming back.

"Another bet right here." Vhen nodded as he chuckled. Vhen turned to Sen with a nod. "Sen... nice name. Mine is Vhen, just a random person you might never meet again." the lad smirked as he noticed an abrupt change in the combat. "Oh, come on... Where's the action?" Vhen muttered to himself while scratching his head. Suddenly, he noticed that Lilith had tried to calm down everyone-- even the red-eyed lad. Vhen tilted his head in amusement as Lilith approached him, and asked that she be taken home. That's new... most servants would have fled already.

"You're really interestin', ain't you, Lilith?" Vhen chuckled softly, openly expressing his appreciation of her return. "I think I'll enjoy your company in the near future, don't you think?" Vhen nodded to her as he looked into her eyes which were gold like the rays of the sun. It seemed that whatever this girl possessed, it fed on her emotions-- most likely, fear. Vhen sighed as he took off his jacket, revealing that he was wearing a white long-sleeve beneath. The lad placed the jacket over Lilith's lithe figure, and patted her head with his gloved fingers.

"Don't be afraid. You'll be safe with me. Oh, and regarding your boyfriend--" Vhen pointed to the red-eyed lad. "I'll let you see him at the end of each day, sound good? Good, I wouldn't take no for an answer anyway." the lad laughed softly as he motioned for her to follow him. "My cane, please, Lilith."

Suddenly, he turned around to the two women he gambled with. "Oh, since I lost... you can take my gold. Nice playin' with ya, Sen." Vhen nodded to her as he turned to Lilith once more. "Let's go home, Lilith."

She blushed as her master put his jacket around her and patted her head. No one ever did that to her as far as she could remember. She smiled and gave him his cane.

He said the red eye boy could visit her and nodded in her appreciation. Taking the unknown being with her, she looked at the boy again as waved shyly before following her master to go home. Home, she wondered what kind of home her master has. At least she have something and someone to go home to, somewhere to belong. She hoped that he wouldn't accuse her of being an abomination later on. She came to like.him even though they just met. Keeping her eyes on the surroundings, out of.habit, she saw different kind of houses and buildings. Not much of a chatterer, she kept her observations to herself.

Sen smiled and waved Vhen goodbye as he left and when his back was turned Abbay got the slave known as Lilith's attention, tilted her head to Vhen, and nodded smiling. "Cio Vhen. I hope we can bet again, I could quit my job if I keep winning against you." Sen joked as they left. The two gathered the spoils of victory but before they left Sen rushed over to Vhen. "Oi... Um if you happen to see a man big enough to, well eat you, give me a holler alright?" She stated and left without waiting for a answer. "He seemed nice. All you gotta do is get that mask off and..." Abbay started, but was interrupted by her sister pulling her hat down under her eyes. She snickered and the two continued to walk having a lively conversation about how long it would take for the slave and her master to get in bed together.

Rivrin narrowed her eyes but straightened and backed up lifting her wings high above her head before crashing them down and with a whoosh and a burst of flames she shot into the air leaving nothing but a large burning spot in the ground behind her before she arched in the air and dropped to the clock tower grabbing her cloak and pulling it about her body, she stood there watching the rest of the scene with agressive glowing red eyes

"I'd bet that you won't find success in your life... then again, I always lose in bets. I hope to see you again, madame." Vhen smiled as he bowed lightly, tapping his cane on the ground. "I'll make sure to do so, madame." Vhen replied, expressing some confusion to this 'big man'. "They're nice people. Probably assassins, but they're nice." the lad nodded to himself as he turned to Lilith. "Everyone has a story to tell, Lilith. They've all written a book, a book of their lives. We shouldn't judge them until we've read it from page to page, don't you agree?" Vhen chuckled as he tapped his head. "Oh yeah, you didn't receive my meat bun, did you? Here, have another one. As I said, you can't protect me on an empty stomach." Vhen called out to Lilith, tossing another meat bun to her. It was a little cold, but it was better than nothing.

"I won't really force you to tell me anything about who you are-- since I don't really care too much about other people. However, I'd appreciate it, and I'd understand you better if you did. Makes sense right? A servant telling a master her secrets only when she's ready." Vhen leaned on his cane, twirling it in his hands afterwards.

"Now, come on, slowpoke!" Vhen cheerily said. "You've got a home to attend to-- since you'll be cleaning it. It's a bit dusty, and all though... I dunno. Mildew and molds... cobwebs... all those stuff. Meh." he shrugged his shoulders.

Vhen arrived at his mansion which just lay a few blocks from the trade market. "Welcome to Mansion DeCreoux. My house, my home... and, probably now, your home as well, Lilith." Vhen nodded to her as he signaled for her to follow him. Upon reaching the courtyard, Vhen hollered.

"Mom, Dad, I'm home! Interesting stuffs happened today! There was this---" Vhen fell silent all of a sudden. "Oh yeah, they're dead. I shouldn't keep forgetting that." the lad sighed. The courtyard itself showed signs of abandonment: the plants were nearly withering, the grass teeming with weeds, and the porch covered with a sheen of dust.

"Oh yeah, Lilith, there's your quarters over there." Vhen pointed to a decent sized hut which stood a few meters inside the gate. "It has three rooms. Your bedroom, the bathroom, and the living room which doubles as your dining room as well." the lad turned to her, setting his eyes on her face. "Cooking... ehmm... While I can cook, I'd appreciate it if you can cook for me. The kitchen is found inside the mansion, first floor, turn to your left. My bedroom is on the second floor, turn right. The small library second floor turn left, the terrace is also found there. The dining room, first floor turn to your right." Vhen mumbled on and on, not caring whether Lilith would be bored or not. "Oh... the keys. The red one is the main key to the mansion, the blue one is the key to your quarters, and the yellow one is the key to the gate. Don't lose these... and--" Vhen looked at her seriously. "--you still have the silver one, yes? Remember what I instructed... okay?" Vhen closed his eyes, as if contemplating something important. Vhen handed her the set of keys as he now turned to the mansion.

"What else...? Hmmm..." Vhen rubbed his temple as if he was remembering something. "Oh yeah..." the lad turned to Lilith as he nodded at her. "Welcome home, Lilith. This is where you belong, and where your new future begins."

Vhen chuckled lightly as his eyes looked up to the sky, the image of the demoness embedded on his mind. "For a demon to come here... Things will get complicated soon."

They ambled on as she bite into the.meat bun he gave her. She was partly confused with her new.master. When he purchased her, he seemed cold but now he's being kind to her. She.shrugged.thinking she'd get the hang of him later on. He.kept going on their.conversation though she contributed little to it and he seemed not to mind her silence.

She felt a bit uncomfortable with her.telling him about herself. Truth was she.lost her memories and only those of her life when.she was 10 years old that she had any memories. Despite her internal struggle, her face was polite and even has a smile.

They arrived a huge mansion though it showed.signs of neglect and disrepair. Beggars cannot be choosers though. Still, it was a vast improvement from her.cell which was.cold and.dark. She learned that he was alone as he said that his parents were dead.

He pointed out her quarters and describe the.layout of the house. She hoped she wouldn't get lost. He mentioned cooking and.cleaning as part of her.duties. She didn't mind since.work keeps her busy. He welcomed her and told.her that it was her home now as well. She looked at him and smiled warmly. As long as she obeyed, he wouldn't be the cold man when she first saw him.

He looked up in the sky and mentioned the demon girl. Yes things will probably get complicated, she thought. A fierce emotion sprang inside. I'll protect my master at all cost. He's my family now, she thought. "Thank you for taking me in, sire." she.said to him.

Vhen looked at Lilith who smiled warmly at him. He liked smiles, it shows that people were happy-- that they weren't in pain, at least for the moment. For the record, he did like her smile. Vhenn tapped the gas mask on his face as he grabbed something from his sling bag. It was a short white dress with short sleeves-- it had a logo: a white lotus. "This is, more or less, your uniform for formal events. You can buy your own clothes since you will have a salary of 10 silver pieces at the end of every week, but this is your official uniform when we have special guests or events, got it?" Vhen instructed her. "The rest of your uniforms are in your closet inside your bedroom. It's best that you shower first before getting to work. I'd suggest you start with weeding the courtyard first, and watering the plants. Dusting the mansion can start tomorrow after you've gotten some rest. Your wounds-- well, you can find some herbal medicines inside your quarters." the lad nodded to Lilith while approaching her.

Vhen extended his hand to her shoulder as he looked her in the eye. "I like that smile. Keep smiling-- it suits you better." Vhen patted her head once more. The lad turned to the mansion as he waved her off. "Go. Dinner starts once the sun sets. You should be able to water the plants and weed the courtyard by then. If you can do it successfully, you'll have a bonus of 5 pieces of silver. Don't dilly-dolly now."

Vhen nodded to her as he took one last glance at Lilith, and shut the door of his mansion behind him. Vhen sighed deeply as he removed his gloves, and tossed it to the floor. The gloves began to sizzle as it started to disintegrate, and finally, it turned to nothing more than a speck of dust. It was starting once more... pain. A small smoke emanated from the gas mask as Vhen staggered for a while. The lad panted heavily as he groggily ascended the steps, and rushed to his room-- locking it in the process.

Vhen toppled to the floor, writhing in pain. He wanted to remove the mask, he wanted to oh so dearly. However, mustn't, he shouldn't, he couldn't-- not without the silver key. He didn't want anyone to see him like this... a cursed phase of his existence. With Lilith busy, he wouldn't be seeing her for a good few hours.

She was handed a white dress with lotus on it. It was beautiful and she liked it a lot even though it was uniform. He proceeded to tell her about her salary which was 10 silver per week. She was astounded but it didn't show in her face. That's a lot for someone like.her who lived her existence in perpetual poverty.

Then she felt the subtle change in him. A tension in his body that wasn't there before. He instructed her to weed the courtyard and water the flowers. She wanted to ask him what was wrong but decided against it.

He said he liked her smile so she smiled after he.instructed her and closed the.mansion door quite.firmly. Taking a deep breath, she went to take a bath first.

Going to her quarters, she surveyed it for a while. Its state is a bit better than the mansion. Walking to her closet, she grabbed a maid-like uniform then went to wash herself. A few minutes passed when she finished. She found some medicinal herbs to treat her wounds. She felt lighter afterwards.

Presentable and clean at last, she equipped herself with gloves and a small shovel as she decided to weed.the courtyard first. Kneeling down, she.grabbed.the weeds and pulled.them out. Despite the work, her mind flitted to her.master and the red eye boy. She labored after some hours. Satisfied with her weeding skills, she sauntered into the garden to water the flowers and plants.

The vision that she saw was breathtaking. She grabbed the hose and began watering them. An hour passed and her work was done. She returned to her room and lie.on the bed. Unconsciously, she fell asleep.

Alone again, just like back then. Hagen's memory became clouded with the thoughts of his old family. He couldn't do anything to help them, as he watched them die before him , their blood spilling over him. Again he couldn't do anything to help the girl, he just sat and watched as she was taken away.

Hagen woke from his nightmare. It was cold and all he had was a small blanket to keep him warm. The boy sat in the ally way thinking about what had just happened. He remembered being hugged, his cheeks blushed as he thought about the girl. But he quickly returned back to his normal state. "better get some more sleep" he sighed as he lied down. Alone again

It awoke again. Bleary it looked around. Still in the girl. Good but bad. It contemplated its options. While it was safer to be in the host, she had too much power over it. Too much control. It was still weak so this was definitely the best option for now... but maybe soon it would be time to depart from this girl and manifest a more... permanent form... it lay back down inside her, and slumbered cautiously

It was hot. She was feeling too hot. She was brought back to the old village she used to live with when she was younger. There was smoke everywhere, choking her. Her house! They were burning it! Heart in her throat, she watched as greedy flames engulfed her only sanctuary. The villagers saw her and grabbed her. Crying, she begged them not to throw her out, to let her stay. Instead, they tied her tightly to be sold as a slave. She tried her best to struggle but she still ended up there. "Good riddance!" they said. The slavemaster who took her blindfolded her. He deposited her to a place like a prison where slaves live either until they die or get sold. Freedom wasn't an option and better be forgotten.

All of them had cells of their own but it looked more like boxes. It suffocated her and her throat tightened, threatening to block off any breath. No! She thought as.the blackness surrounded her. It was then she jolted awake, sweating bullets and feeling cold.

Shakily, she stood up and decided to freshen up. A bit disoriented, she managed to notice it was time for dinner. Lilith walked out of her quarters to attend dinner with her master. Taking the red key, she entered the mansion and proceeded to the dining room on the right at the first floor. Uncertain of how to conduct herself, she knocked softly but firmly before entering the room. There was no one there but the table was already prepared.

She nervously plucked on her uniform as she sat at the far corner of the table. She picked a knife and studied it while waiting.

"what time is it" the boy thought to himself. Looking up at the clock tower he noticed it was late, almost the end of the day. The boy suddenly remembered the girl, he shot up and ran out the ally way. looking around he noticed an old coat, tattered and worn, sitting on a post. He took it. Covering his face, he looked down so no one would recognize his red eyes.

The boy walked around the town square asking everyone he bumped into "where does the slave owner with a gas mask live". It took him a while since the man never really gave his address. But eventually he got a vague direction and headed to it. By now it was time to eat, he felt his stomach rumble with hunger but he could not satisfy it since he had no money

Status
Not open for further replies.