The Last of the Line: A Journey of Epic Proportions.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The girl sprinted off into the hallway and she didn't come back. After ten minutes or so you heard five bells ring. This must have been her signal for you to escape. Bells are only rung when something important is going on. Make haste!

I quietly walked down the hall making sure that there were no guards, and most of the halls were empty.

Then I saw the castle door, with no guard in sight.
I will surely thank you later, little girl, I thought happily as I opened the door and ran to the stables to get my horse. Pacing though each stable I had found her, "Let us go now," I rode on top of her.

Now, how was I going to exit? The gate was guarded, and I had no choice but to jump over the wall. I pulled the reins and she walked back, her loud breathing in my ears.

"You there!" I heard a man yell which surprised me. I turned around to see him running towards me, "Go!" I yelled and pulled on the reins, and she ran.
Let me make it, I thought.

You retreat toward the large gate as numerous guards rush you. The gate mysteriously opened as you bolted out of the town and into the nearby forest. As you looked back you didn't see the guards. You knew they would be after you so you continued till you reached the nearby mountain town.

We finally stopped at the entrance of a mountain village, my horse's deeps breaths sounding loudly. Civilians turned to stare at me, wondering what I was doing here. "Excuse me," I small voice sounded and looked around to see a light haired girl smiling at me, "Do you know where you are?" She asked me.

"No, I have no idea where I am," I told her.

"Well that isn't good at all." The woman pulled your horse along into the lumbering village. Many were hacking at trees are fashioning wood into an assortment of things. You knew the guards wouldn't be far behind so you thanked the lady and headed to the inn. There you bought a room and slept there for the night. Surprisingly the guards never showed up but you did her noise in the night. You woke up and you saw everything the same, except that on the front door was a wanted sign with your name on it.

I sighed and entered back into the room, and looked for some sort of cloak. I opened a wooden door and there were clothes inside, and there was exactly a black cloak with a hood, with some sort of pin carving with green and blue gems holding it together. I carefully took the cloak off of the hook, and undid the pin piercing the cloth together. I slipped it on, and pierced the cloths back together, and put the hood over my head, making sure it did not reveal my eyes.

Walking out of the room, I looked lowly and I paid the lady and exited the inn, riding on my horse once more.

This day was rather cold. It seems that winter was coming and many were pulling out leather to sell and making coats. You road a day or so until the cold night crept upon you when you entered the town of Dreros. This was far enough away from Emberstorm's army that your wanted signs has not reached it. It was a river town that had many houses lined along the river with a small dock and a couple of boats. Your horse stopped as you found "The Blueborn Inn and Bar." As you walked in many old men sat drinking their beer and smoking their pipes. Waitresses moved about the tables asking what the men wanted to eat and what they wanted to drink. Many waitresses bumped into you which pushed you towards the front desk. A man stood there reading over some paper work then he looked at you. "Do you want a room, or do you want a drink?"

"I would like a room, please," I said, now looking down, the black hood covering my eyes. The cloak draped over my shoulders like a dress, yet you could not reveal any skin. The man simply kept quiet as he handed my the keys, "Pay once you leave," He said loudly as I walked up the stairs.

(If you don't understand what kind of cloak I'm talking about, it's like this:
[SPOILI]
___Moonlight_Memories____by_Shadows_Of_Beauty.jpg
[/SPOILI] Except that the pin keeps it completely closed, not showing her clothes.)

(Also, here is the gem that holds the cloak together: [SPOILI]
sweet_serene_cameo_brooch_by_moon_bubbles-d2xficr.jpg
[/SPOILI] ​Also, sorry, I meant to say carving covered with gems.)

You slept in your room until you were waken up at 5 am by a man sitting at the end of your bed. This man wears a green cloak with a long dirk in his right hand. He put his finger over his mouth and moved toward the closet. He opened it and hid in it looking at you through the crack. Then you heard footsteps come up the stairs. A guard wearing a long leather cloak over his steel armor bearing a long iron sword bashed the door open. He began to yell at you to get up and to do what he asks or be killed. When his back was turned the green cloaked man came up behind the guard and cut his throat. He nodded to you and motioned to you to hurry. You got dressed and headed out the back door. You headed towards the boats where his horse was waiting along with yours. He kicked your horse in the ass and pulled you onto the horse. Striding toward the east you could hear the yelling and screaming of guards. You were really close this time to getting caught. Why does the king want you so bad that he will send an army after you. A day past after a long journey riding you reached a well kept tower sitting at the top of a hill. The person in the green cloak hopped off the horse and let you down. He walked up toward the tower as you looked over the horizon. It was early because the sun was rising so you needed some rest. "Are you coming?" You looked up seeing that your savior was telling you to hurry up.

"Yes," I said lowly and followed him to the tower. After some time walking and we were at the door, "Why are you helping me?" I asked him, not bothering to look up.

"No names, I am only doing what I was hired for." The person pulled off his hood and set down some weapons on the table.

(He looked like so.)

roug.jpg

Letting a low breath escape from my mouth, I stood there until the man told me what to do. No, I did not like it when people would become my boss and order me, but it was necessary since I was being hunted by knights.

"For now just called me Oak. I will call you Humming Bird. All that you need to know is that your bed is at the top of the tower and we leave at sunrise and head for The East Kolovial Market." Oak undressed and put on his night clothes. Then you walked up a long spiral stair case till you reached a room with a small bed, a desk, torch, and a dresser. You unpacked your clothes and sat on the bed which gave you some time to reflect on today's events.

"Humming Bird, not the exact name I fancy, but fine," I said and walked up the spiraling stairs. Entering the room, I closed the door behind me and took off the coat, and began to undress into my sleeping gown.

Again you went to bed after a long day. The night went by as you dreamed about being free and without the king, you had a family, kids, and a grey hound. Your house had three room with a small cellar and a back yard that had a small shack in it. By your house was a recently flourishing town with many people coming in an out. Soon you would start a small shop and make plenty enough money for your children to go to a special school and for your retirement. Every day was not too hot nor to cold. It was perfect, this was what most people would want. You woke to the door shutting with a note on your dresser. "I went out to get some food, do what you want just don't go past the broken wall." This is what the note read. You looked at the map on the wall seeing many things to go see. There was a small pond by the tower with trees around it according to the map. As you looked around you saw a little village. Which will you go to?

Sighing, I stood up from my bed and walked towards the drawers, and picked the dress I was going to wear today. I took out a dark red dress and dressed into it, and grabbed the cloak and wore it once again.

(I don't know how to describe the dress so here's a picture:
[SPOILI]
medieval_dress_with_sword_by_magikstock.jpg
[/SPOILI])

I walked down back the stairs and exited the tower, closing the wooden door behind me. I got up onto my horse and let her trot along, seeing a small pond surrounded by bushes and wild flowers, yet in the distance I saw a small village. Where shall I go? I thought. Being alone in the woods wasn't safe, but neither being in public where there were possibly knights searching for me. I should go to the village, ​I sighed mentally and headed to the village.

The village was rather small. It had a couple of houses, a small stable, and a little farm along the west side of the village. Many people nodded to you acknowledging you. You walked along the path seeing that there was a small caravan of traders set up beside one of the houses. Many wares were being sold, including mare rare items. It would be nice to stock up on a couple of things for the trip.

Lowering off of the horse, grabbed the rope and tied a hefty knot around a wooden post that was deep into the ground, and also tied the rope around my mare, but not as tight, yet as difficult to undo. Stroking her hair once, I walked off to the small caravan, part of the hood covering my eyes, yet I was still able to see. There were many rare items, from coins of gold to Roman scrolls. Something had caught my eye, which was a dark golden bracelet that had black pearls and an oval carving of a strange looking bird, which I recall being named a peacock. Looking up at the merchant, "How much does this cost?" I slightly pointed to the bracelet, waiting for his response.

(Here's the image of the bracelet:
[SPOILI]
neo_victorian_blue_peacock_bracelet_by_catherinetterings-d55bl4m.jpg
[/SPOILI])

"That item is only 5 chivics (the currency of this land." You pull out a couple of coins and lay them on the table and he takes the bracelet and places it in a box then hands it to you. He tips his hat to you and you keep looking around. As the day passes as you purchase a couple more things you head back to the tower around sunset. You go into the tower not finding Oak, you look around and don't find him. He'll probably be back you think to yourself. Around that time you realize that you should go to bed and head up stairs. Today was a good day, now you shall rest.

I had sighed, and closed my eyes once more. I felt uncomfortable without the man, Oak, here. Sighing, I stood up and walked to the door, putting on my dress from earlier and put on the cloak, hooding myself. I lit a candle, and went outside, closing the door behind me. I sat on my mare, and rode with her with the candle in my hand.

Darkness surrounded me, the only source of light was the moon and the gloomy candle.