The Last of the Line: A Journey of Epic Proportions.

The night clouded the area in complete dark except for your light. Off in the distance you could see the faints lights of the tower as you continued your journey. You looked around and couldn't find Oak what so ever. Then you thought about the village. This is most likely where he is. Trotting along you soon reached the town and saw a group of people standing around a small podium. At the back of the podium was a tall man wearing a black suit with long black hair. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I am Juan Lukenvats. Today my traveling merchant crew and I am here to show you an amazing device." Juan pulled from his pocket a golden pocket watch. He opens it then it shoots a small dart onto one of the houses behind the crowd. "Is anyone willing to bid?"

I stayed silent behind the civilians, my dark cloak mixing me into the darkness from behind. "Such a strange thing, but what's the use of it?" I told myself lowly, making sure the man who biding the contraption, wouldn't hear me and begin to question. Tugging on the reins, my mare trotted as I continued for the search for Oak.

You ride along all night and never find him. This is really strange and it is a worthless cause, so you head back to the tower. The tower is still it and you walk in to find Oak eating a small bowl of soup.

"God have mercy on me! Oak, I've been searching for you the whole day, where were you?" I asked him and stared at him in disbelief.

"I've been around, and that's for me to know." Oak pulls out some papers and lays them on the end table. As takes some more things from his pack he winces as he pulls out a box also places it on the table. "The box has a couple of tools we will need for the rest of the journey, those documents are your fake identification and papers for getting into the town we are going to. Humming Bird, we are heading to Alaria."

My eyes widened, "Alaria?" I questioned Oak, and sat down on a chair across from him. "I have never heard of such place."

"It's the second largest kingdom to where Emberstorm rules." The next day you both rode off then stopped off at a small tree where you both ate. That night you took first watch. The fact that you were out in the open made you feel uncomfortable. As you looked around and you saw something move. What do you do?

I saw something move in the shadows, and my heart began to beat faster. I had no such weaponry except for a Turkish dagger that I had stolen before escaping from King Emberstorm's castle. With no knowledge of what could possibly happen, I yelled out, "Who is there?"

No one answered. Then one or two guards came from the shadows bearing long swords. They then charged at you.

'God help me,' I thought as I tightly grasped the dagger in my hand, and I spotted a large enough tree branch that I could use besides the dagger. Grunting as I picked it out, I threw the branch at the guards, both of them falling. Grabbing my dagger, I dug it inside of the first guard's abdomen, hearing him let out a scream.

Suddenly from behind, the other guard lifted me by my waist, and I let out a scream. I kicked him in his knee, but he only let out a grunt. Remembering that I still had my dagger in my palm, I plunged it into his stomach, his arms letting go of me. I ran to my mare and mounted her, grasping her reins. We ran off into the forest, not knowing where to go.

You rode far into the woods and hid behind at tree. Then you heard the screams of guards charging where the camp is. Only pure fear could paint the picture of what may be happening to Oak. The guards burned the tree once you heard the final squash of body parts. You had no choice but to continue to Alaria. Slowly you moved against the tree till you sat down and looked through your bag for a map. As you looked you found a small note and a map."Humming bird, if I am to fall follow the map and find a woman Siquinus who runs The Sleeping Badger." That next day you headed toward Alaria.

(Once my character enters the kingdom, what is going to happen? Will there be guards waiting for her presence?)

(Sorry, didn't get to finish my post. It will be up later.)

95693.jpg
(Don't mind the name, it's just how the city would look.)

You ride until dawn reaching the great city of Alaria. As you rode in on your horse you were given a parchment with some of the popular locations within the city.

The Stone Wyvern(Tavern)
The Antler and Thistle(Tavern)
Alaria Marketplace
Velorian's Playhouse
Alaria Academy
Kaad Manor (Estate)
The Hall of Great Valor
Cathedral of Mestiline
Alaria Keep
Alaria Cemetary

Finally, The Ministry of the Night.

I rode into the marketplace of Alaria, letting my hood cover my identity. There were yells of drunk men and whining mules, and the smell of fresh cabbages. Looking around, I tried to find the place I was supposed to stay.

The closest inn was The Thristy Bard. Then you remember the note. The other inn you are supposed to find is "The Sleeping Badger." Sadly, when you look at your map you cannot find it. This is rather strange. The best possible solution is to ask around about it, or find Siquinus.

I sighed as I couldn't find the inn, so I decided to asked people for directions. The first person I spotted was an aged man, possibly around the age of sixty or so. "Sir?" I asked him as he looked up at me, a small smile forming on his lips. "I'm looking for an inn named The Sleeping Badger. Do you have an idea of where it is?"

The man frowned at you and looked up at the sky. "Upon the days in which I sorrow, many within the dark whisper it's name." This was the oddest thing anyone has ever said to you. It was almost like he was reminiscing."Wait here at the inn till dawn, then you will see the sleeping badger awaken."

You wait until dawn and you see a small little boy come up to you with a small letter, he places it on the table then leaves.

The note reads: "Meet me in the basement." ~ The Badger.