The Kingdom of Evertrue

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thick miasma that hung around Charlie's mood was split open by Aros' raucous laughter. Her gaze snapped up to the elf, watching carefully for the rippling coughs which would certainly burst his lungs open, but nothing happened. She looked at Aros, perplexed; how could this elf be so light-hearted about the whole ordeal? He almost sounded like he did before they set off, the same big grin on his face that caught Charlie's eye on a bench in the middle of the Eastway market...in the eyes of one so used to sadness, this sudden joy confused and worried Charlie. She put it down to mania from the pain of his broken rib.

She could tell his train of thought was shifting and derailing by the faraway, distracted look in his eye and Charlie prayed it wasn't too late as she rambled on. Her hands started to shake; is this it? Does Aros return to his usual cheery self out of delirium moments before his demise, did she make a mistake in her calculations? Would he ever make it back al-...

Charlie peered at the finger and quirked an eyebrow. The other brow followed shortly after in surprise as she glanced up and into Aros' eyes. "Just 'cause I act like a child doesn't make me one, Charlie. I don't nap. Besides, you're right: we need to go home now: I still have a lot of the world left to see, and I've just figured out which adventure I need to go on next." Charlie watched as he strode across to his Pegasus and leapt onboard, completely oblivious to the pain that he felt not too long ago. Charlie was left sitting there in shock.

There were rare moments in Charlie's career where she had seen that look in Aros' eyes before. Men, women, children - anyone had the possibility to display that flame in their eyes. They tended to be her miracle cases, the ones who nobody thought would get better but they fought and clung onto life with a determination that fell upon them in their moment of need. Some flames went out, their wounds or illnesses too powerful to ever recover from, but it was the same stare that Charlie saw in the people who defied the odds and made a miraculous recovery. Their will to live was inhuman. Aros' determination surpassed all boundaries of sense and reason. He did not hope he would go back to Eastway, he knew he would go back. He had a passion for adventure that would not be stopped by anything that the world could throw at him. Charlie was awestruck and, admittedly, slightly envious.

Charlie was brought out of her reverie by Aros' impatient cry to get moving, and a smile flashed across her features. As she rose to her feet, however, all sounds were drowned out by the flush of blood around her ears; her eyelids fluttered as darkness swam in the corners of her blurred vision and a heavy headache pressed against her temples. She wobbled slightly as the moment passed, and she flicked a furtive glance at Aros, praying that he was too wrapped up in his own dreams of adventure and determination to notice her own weakness. Undoubtedly, Aros was in the worse state, but she could not ignore her own injuries for much longer.

"Fairly certain I'm older than you, kid," she retorted, grinning at him weakly. She wandered over to the Pegasus, forgetting the Peya shrub on the riverbank as she hefted the backpack onto the back of the horse and wiggled up after it. Wordlessly, Charlie leant over and looped the reins around the back again so she had some measure of control over the mount, just in case Aros' vigour subsided and he starts to falter once more. She clung onto the backpack tightly as the Pegasus pounded the rocky terrain, eventually lifting up into the air and above the tree line.

This time, Charlie had to look away from her battered leather backpack to keep an eye on where they were headed. As the unofficial co-pilot of a winged beast, she felt she had some more responsibility than before when she could simply clutch at whatever was the most stable and curse, repeatedly, until those hooves hit solid ground. She was simultaneously amazed and terrified of the sights around her and it did not take long for the woman to start seeing familiar hills and valleys, small huts peppered across the landscape. They were nearing their destination; Charlie was certain she could almost see the flicker of her torch in the darkened crevices or her haggard figure plodding along the perilous mountain passes that made up her usual stomping grounds. From this perspective, she noticed how incredibly small her range of exploration had really been – perhaps this is what inspires Aros to undertake such dangerous expeditions, mused Charlie as, finally, the darkened silhouette of Eastway Bluff shifted into view as a speck on the horizon.

Charlie gave Aros a couple of taps on the arm, partially to make sure he hadn't passed out and partially to get his attention. "We're taking a shortcut!" she yelled over the howling of the wind. "I'll point out my house – you try and land this thing on the road outside, okay? I don't have nearly enough time or patience to deal with nosy stablehands or parade you down the streets like a wounded soldier!" Charlie shifted in her seat, everything ached from riding on horseback for so long and she could feel the dizziness returning. Feebly, she wrapped her fingers around the little glass vial and tentatively uncorked it using her teeth, one arm constantly wrapped around the backpack. She downed the revolting mixture in one go and then stuffed the vial and the cork back into her pocket just as quickly. I'm going to need the energy to focus, she reasoned, and tried desperately to avoid the guilt of using a potion she initially reserved for Aros.

"It's over there!" she hollered, pointing at a small, grey-bricked hut in the middle of what could really be described as a chaotic mixture of suburb and shantytown. Charlie owned one of the larger and more stable buildings, encircled by wooden shacks and crumbling grey houses. It was easy to spot because it was one of the few buildings in the surrounding area which somehow managed to be rather floral. The roof tiles sported large chunks of moss and grasses whilst thorny, auburn bushes brushed against the ivy-covered walls. She even had something close to a garden, a tiny stretch of greenery that overtook the incredibly narrow alleyway behind the house with weeds and herbs and flowers. "Land on the cobbles, not the grass out back – I've only got a front door!" pointed out Charlie as the Pegasus began to dip down and skim across the rooftops. Charlie winced and wanted to shut her eyes for the incredibly narrow landing, but she knew that she may have to steer a little, gently tugging on the reins to help control the beast.

The Pegasus rattled to a stop and immediately grabbed the attention of everyone in the vicinity – most likely everyone in the whole damned town – as Charlie immediately slid off and made a beeline for her front door. She grabbed a hold of the handle and rattled it once or twice. "Motherfu-...!" she hissed, angrily rattling the door a couple more times as flecks of paint fluttered down to the ground from its peeling varnish. Of course she locked her door. Why wouldn't she lock her door? Her impatience made her foolish as she stomped over to an old flowerpot, pulling out an incredibly rusty key from underneath it. That's odd, I knew it was a bit rusty before, but I'm certain it wasn't as bad as this, thought Charlie as she pushed the key into the lock and turned it a couple of times.

The door swung open to reveal something that looked like it came straight out of Dekus Steppe; an old-fashioned fireplace with a massive cast iron cauldron took up the right wall and left a smear of soot on the grey tiled floor. Directly in front of them on the furthest wall was a massive set of shelves full to the brim with potion bottles, medical equipment and withered plants; a battered cupboard sat next to it with a rickety ladder just to reach the upper shelves of this monstrous potion cabinet. Even then, bottles, jars, boxes and teapots were all scattered across any flat surface that was not the floor. The furthest corner was taken up by a single-person bed, very simply made, with a wooden frame and an old mattress. If she wasn't in such a hurry, she might've had a moment to wonder what happened whilst she was gone. All of the surfaces were covered in dust; the lone (and barred) window was so grimy that barely any light filtered through.

Charlie gestured to the bed. "Lie down as carefully as possible," she ordered firmly as she set about lighting two half-melted candles on the mantelpiece to bring in some light. She immediately went back outside again to tie the Pegasus' reins to the front door handle, which swung ajar. "Don't worry about my neighbours...if they've got any sense they won't piss off their doctor," she said, raising her voice pointedly as she directed the final part of her sentence towards the lookers-on in the gloom of the slums. Even though Charlie left regularly, she spent a number of years in her hut, tending to the impoverished and the criminals alike. Her reputation as a werewolf made business incredibly slow but when there was an emergency, she would have been the first port of call. Charlie liked to make sure they didn't forget that whilst she was gone.

Asaka "Raven"

Asaka breathed a sigh of relief as the rocks stopped crushing Alice and the fairy disappeared in a ball of dust and sand. It was over, at least for now. The pillars had crumbled around Alice, leaving behind the girl, unhurt and as spunky as ever. All of the Urchins were here as well. Asaka let a smile flood her face and she stumbled forward.

"Righty then, good ter see ya ain't hurt none.... I hate damn fairies, too high and mighty fer ther own good."

Asaka started moving towards the ship, her injuries slowing her slightly, and the adrenaline that was flooding her body and preventing her from feeling anything was slowly draining out of her. In a few moments, Asaka felt devoid of energy, and the trip became a chore and pain flooded her system, and once she got to the deck, and all the urchins were there, she once again breathed a sigh of relief. She had made it to the deck, which meant she'd be fine now. In the moment the second wave of relief hit her, so did a wave of exhaustion. In her exhaustion, she let herself collapse onto the deck. She needed Alice to help her relocate the shoulder that was dislocated soon, otherwise the damage would be worse.

Zoey Gem \ Alice Cross

Now that Raven was on the ship, They could set sail. She quickly glanced over the vessel. Lucky for them it was very simple and not too big. It had 2 anchors, a high birds nest with 1 sail, and rudder. It was a simple design and was more then easy enough for the kids to run, given they all followed her directions.

First she had to get them off the pier which would be a chore in its self since everyone was a kid. "Ok you two, when i give the signal i need you to release this rope when i give you the signal." Then she turned to one of the taller kids, "I need you at the helm... The wheel! Go to the wheel and make sure we don't crash into anything. Just remember spin the wheel 3 times to go left or right."

Alice then jumped off the boat and started Removing the 3 lines which held the ship to the dock.

"Release them now!"

Should they all The boat's sails should have fallen and the wind should have pushed them out the docks. Using one of the Mooring lines, she climbed back onto the ship and waited for physics to take its course

Meanwhile

The faerie flew high into the sky and looked around. Ocean filled one half of the horizon, unknown land fill the other. She was nowhere near her home and she could not sense the presence of any other faerie around her. To think the man would drag her so far away. She folded her arms and pouted while trying to think of reasons why she did not need to go back. Now she did not have to watch over those stupid paths in the forest. She could mess with all the weak humans and play more pranks. Then her stomach growled.

All that magic use was really tiring. She started to regret showing off the way way she did. It was completely wasteful. Diving down, she noticed the elf girl struggling to follow the other kids. Despite all of that yapping she did, she was in fact very weak. The faerie forgot about her hunger and decided to trail the group. Before she knew it, the she was on the ship hiding from the little ones who were exploring their new home. Her stomach growled, nearly giving away her position but the kid was soon distracted by arrival of Alice. Then she thought up a plan. The faerie used the last of her energy to turn her self into a human child around the age of 8 with white hair and red eyes. Grabbing the cloth that covered up a big table, she stowed away her clothes and try to disguise herself as a poor child, wearing only cloth which covered up her body down to her knees.

It did not take long at all because of the little effort she put into it. Now all she needed to do was blend in long enough to find some food. She looked around to see all the kids in a controlled chaos, except for the elf girl. She was holding on to her shoulder and laying on the deck. The girl gasp and covered her mouth as if she was worried but inside she was gleaming with excitement. This elf girl seemed to be the leader of the group, so if she could befriend and convince the leader she was one of them, surely she could sneak into the group.

The faerie girl ran over to Raven. "Is your arm ok..." She tried to pick up the girl but without the energy from her magic she was only strong enough to sit her up and drag her to a bulkhead.
@conman2163

Last edited:
Asaka "Raven"

Had Asaka been in a stronger state, and less hazy from all the pain she was going through, she might just have remembered who all was in the urchins. After all, in her memory stowed away was the knowledge of every single name and face that had ever been in the urchin gang. Given her injuries though, and the fact that a new member might have been picked up, Asaka did nothing but speak in a low tone and let the small girl drag her up against a bulkhead.

"Ain't nothin'... Ter be worried... 'bout.... Jes go get Alice.... Big girl... the one with the sword..."

Still exhausted from the pain and all that had happened, Asaka felt herself drifting into unconsciousness. A small group of the smaller less useful kids had started to gather around the pair as well, trying to find out what was wrong with Raven.

The clattering vibrations rocked Aros in his seat as his steed came into a full sprint on the cobblestone streets. It was this sudden disruption from the bliss of flight that jolted him from his energetic stupor: the pain in his chest forked around his torso, and it felt nearly as sharp as a stab wound might've. Aros was not eager to receive more medicine, but as they came to a crashing stop before Charlie's house, another wave of bloody coughs rippled through his sternum.

He slid off the back of his steed after Charlie, and while the girl fumbled for her keys, he rubbed the neck of his steed, before motioning for it to take off. Whether it was some unspoken connection between the two, or just plain luck, the Pegasus took several bounds before lifting off the ground again. Aros knew it to be heading back to the city stables where he first bought it. As he watched the horse disappear behind a thatch rooftop some yards ahead, Charlie at last found her way inside her home. Aros followed her swiftly, sensing the urgency in her voice.

"Lie down as carefully as possible,"

With a flop, the elf dropped himself on her operating bed. He didn't mean to completely disregard her warning, but he was just as--if not more--eager to get the treatment underway. He new magical healers that could make death seem like a suggestion, and even if Charlie wasn't the most powerful magician, he never once doubted her ability. After all, she was also fare less expensive than the city healers.

At her quip regarding her neighbors, Aros added, "If they are truly smart they won't piss off your patient either."
Aros waited silently, gripping the bed with both hands. "Do what you must, doc. Just get me back on my feet."

"Do what you must, doc. Just get me back on my feet."

Charlie glanced over her shoulder and at Aros, gripping the sheets tighly. She smiled warmly at him and merely nodded before plunging back into her work, rushing towards a mouldy crate labelled "I-C-E" and covered with an old canvas. She was undoubtedly in her element; surrounded by her equipment Charlie seemed to glide effortlessly throughout the room, somehow manoeuvring herself around the veritable maze of alchemy kits, weird bottles and dried ingredients.

Broken bones and bite wounds are child's play, thought Charlie as she pulled out a box of disinfected syringes. The hard part will be the internal bleed...if Charlie's assumptions were right, Aros' rib was broken in such a way that it either partially or fully pierced the lung membrane. Charlie wouldn't dare resort to surgery in Aros' current condition so she would have to mend the broken bone and the rip in the lung, using potions, at the same time.

Luckily, Charlie kept a decent stock of blood replenishers, bone fixers and cut menders in her potion cupboard because assault wounds came as often as the common cold in Eastway, and you had to be prepared. The problem - using the bone fixing potion would forcibly remove the bone from the lung and cause a rapid loss of pressure. Aros would have a collapsed lung filled with blood if she used that first. Her hands shook as she measured out the correct dosage into a wooden bowl and she turned her attention to the bright red bottle sitting next to her, labelled "Sandrata Extract".

It was the same formula as a simple graze-mending potion for scrapes and cuts, only extremely concentrated and supplemented with tissue replenishers. She used it to seal amputated limbs and fatal bullet wounds, only in very small amounts. It was more than enough to fix a small tear in a lung very quickly, but if Charlie administered that potion first, Aros' lung would heal around the broken bone, which was a disaster waiting to happen. Charlie splashed a little bit of her wound healer into the mixing bowl and gave it a stir with the bone fixer - she let loose a sigh of relief at the results and delicately dipped the needle into the bottle of Sandrata Extract.

Charlie watched the red liquid fill a tiny portion of the the vessel in complete silence, putting all of her concentration into the correct measurements. She had a feeling that, given the viscosity of the bone regrowth elixir, the two potions would not mix; but they did not curdle or go putrid when combined. By creating a layered cocktail of Sandrata Extract, Bone elixir and Sandrata Extract, Charlie could - hypothetically - cause the lung lining to start healing, then the bone to rip itself out of the partially healed wound, and finally add a supplement to force the hole to seal up as quickly as possible whilst Aros' rib fuses back to its correct position on the ribcage. It's a huge risk, contemplated Charlie as she gently pulled the plunger up and filled the syringe, but he doesn't have any other option. Charlie tried her best to make a calm, relaxed and friendly expression in the reflection of the bottle. She knew it was going to hurt.

Charlie disinfected the tip of the syringe and turned to face Aros. "Here's what you're going to have to do. I'm going to take off your armour from the chest as gently as I can, find the broken rib, and give it an injection. Help me get your armour off and tell me if I suddenly gets much harder to breathe." It didn't matter much if the rib pierced any further, but she couldn't fix a collapsed lung - communication was key. Worst case scenario, I'll just cut off the chest piece and inject through the chainmail, decided Charlie grimly. "It'll take a couple of hours for the potion to finish having an effect, but don't worry, it'll start working the moment I push the plunger. Once it does - and you'll feel it - I need you to focus on breathing as deeply as possible until it stops. Keep talking and try to stay awake too." She pointedly attempted to avoid explaining how excruciating the experience would be. Gingerly, Charlie set aside the syringe and started unbuckling Aros' chest piece.

Since Aros reacted so well to her joke earlier, Charlie tried to take his mind off of the imminent pains as she delicately detached the chest piece and began slipping it over his head. "I suppose only mighty injuries can stop 'Aros the Mighty'," she stated wryly, smirking at the dark elf. "The good news is that broken bones are a piece of cake. Once we're sure that's all fixed up, I can seal up that bite wound too. There might be a scar though..." Once Charlie managed to at least get the chest piece out of the way - "arms up," - she tried to remove the chainmail, or at least shift it enough to get to Aros' chest.

It was easy to find the broken rib, but horrifying to feel how easily it dipped in at her touch. The amount of resilience and sheer perseverance this man has is unbelievable, she thought to herself as she readied the needle. "Okay, on the count of three. One," Charlie pressed on the plunger and injected all of the contents just underneath the broken rib. The sensation was something akin to injecting molten metal into Aros' lungs; an intense burning feeling, which unfortunately would become much worse when the bone removes itself.

Charlie withdrew the needle as fast as she could and took a step back, keeping a strained smile on her features for a few minutes more before settling down on the floor next to the bed to wait it out. "Dear Gods, Aros, I'm so sorry," she whispered softly to herself, pressing her knuckles to her mouth nervously as she waited for the screams.

Last edited:
Sylviana Fireheart, Adrianna Yandell & Ashley Malota
Deciding that the Royal Guard was taking too long, the Demonic-Elven Ranger took matters into her own hands and went to rescue the Queen's Best Friend on her own. Pulling a few strings, Sylviana was able to quietly get Ashley out of harm's way, but the lady was still a bit battered, having a few bruises and cuts because she had put up a struggle with her captors. However, the Dark Ranger did not see any scratches or wounds on the belly, so she could hope that the baby was not harmed...Or she would think that her Majesty would have her head on a pike...Or so Sylviana would think. Despite having guarded many queens, Sylviana still respected them and was always ready to accept the consequences for her failures. Because Ashley was injured, Sylviana took her to the infirmary.

The next thing the Dark Ranger would remember is that the Mercenary Adrianna Yandell had recently arrived back into Sapphire City, but failed to retrieve the Chalice to cure the Queen's Fertility issue. Her horse arrived with her in tow, but she looked horridly beaten. There were cuts and bruises all over her. Her once lovely uniform nearly reduced to rags. For Adrianna, her vision was blurry and she had taken a fairly heavy loss of blood. Retaining some compassion, Sylviana then took the poor girl off of her horse as blood leaked onto her armor. Adrianna fainted in her arms.

Sylviana would rush Lady Yandell to the Infirmary as well, before checking on Ashley, who was on an adjacent bed as healers went to check on them. When examining Ashley, Sylviana was able to actually determine that the unborn child was alright. There were no signs or marks of physical trauma. Finally, the Dark Ranger would run to notify the queen of both women's conditions. Eventually, she was directed to the dining hall. "A thousand pardons, your grace, but I have come to inform you that Lady Malota and Lady Yandell are in the Infirmary. Both women are hurt. Lady Malota's baby is alright, but she will need a few days on bed rest. However, she has cuts and bruises on her arms, chest and her face. Lady Yandell fainted when she came back. She was heavily injured in battle during her Expedition to the Valley Of Kings, I'm afraid." She explained, kneeling in respect.
@PrincessLala95

King's Valley: Expedition Failed
Final Post Count: 8/10

Last edited:
Loran

Loran was on his way through the streets when he heard a peculiar whistling noise, one which usually came from a dart. Turning, Loran caught a dart with his hand, and looked at it for a moment, but not before he felt a pinch in his neck, and a rush of drowsiness. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted two men dressed in royal guard armor and carrying blow dart tubes.

"Damn.... I was too careless..."

It was all he could say as the drowsiness overwhelmed him and he collapsed into a heavy sleep. The two royal guards rushed over, shackled him with magic sealing restraints, then lifted him and took him back to the castle, where they placed him in a cell in the dungeon. This finished, they went to report to Diadora.

Entering the room Diadora was located in, they both saluted.

"Sir, we have taken care of the elf emissary you wanted captured. He's been sedated and placed in a dungeon cell, he won't be going anywhere for a while."

Zoey Gem \ Alice Cross

The girl watched as more kids arrived on the scene. Lucky for her, nobody made the connect that she was not in the Urchins. At the same time, the elf only wanted help from this Alice girl. The girl nodded and ran out of the group in search of a big girl with the sword. It did not take long as another group of kids, though older the the last, were crowding around a girl wearing a hood and 2 swords at her waste. She barked orders some orders and the group scatter across the ship to help her sail out into the open ocean.

After all of the other kids left, the girl ran up to the bigger girl pretending to cry. "Alice, Alice, she is-" Before she could finish, the end of the cutlass was under her neck.

"Look brat, I am not nice like Raven. So sober the hell because your useless water works is almost as bad as your shear presences."

Had the girl not been starving, she would had reverted to her faerie form ran away. She gulped and rubbed her eyes. "Please, don't hurt me... the leader. She is hurt, she won't get up."

Alice removed her sword and picked up the small girl by her poorly made shirt. "Why are you playing games brat. I don't have time..." Then it clicked in her head. Where was Raven? "Stay out of my way twerp." Alice dropped the girl and ran around looking for Raven. It did not take long as the Urchins were slowly piling up around her. "Move out the way, let me see her." she shouted while squeezing her way forward.

The girl from before followed behind Alice, point out that Raven's arm was hurt. Alice demanded that everyone back up and shut up. Everyone except the girl went silent in fear of the girl. The girl backed away after seeing everyone else backing up.

"Never expected ye to play hurt. What is wrong?"

@conman2163

A single shaft of sunlight illuminated the pale, yet firmly sculpted facial features of Salas. Slowly, as daybreak came, the light became more intense at the back of his eye-lids, until the noble could feign exhaustion no more. Despite a moderate hangover from his night drinking with the elf emissary, Salas did eventually open his eyes, albeit with much chagrin. Suddenly, with a near-aggressive vigor, the noble lurched into a sitting position, while both thumbs massaged his tired eyes.

"Damnit..." The banging in his head was amplified by the sudden change in position, and despite being surrounded in the comforts of an otherwise luxurious manor bed, Salas felt anything but relaxed. His penchant for drink had, again, wasted another good opportunity to gain an upper hand.

You fool. Getting trashed when you should be getting information.

I did get information. Besides, it's only been a day--its not like the queen's likely to have already made a decision.
You better hope not.

Salas ambled to his long, mahogany dresser, and from it procured a fine--yet simple--suit designed for comfort over fashion. With as much poise as he could muster, the young lord descended the stairs of Bertram manor until he found himself in the kitchen. Therein he found his loyal family servant standing before a large breakfast spread. Bertram became immediately suspicious: his butler--Tickleton--never prepared a meal so grand if there wasn't cause for it. He might've been a man-servant, but Tickleton and Salas had a mutual respect and camaraderie: his butler was the only person that he could confide his true desires in, after all.

"What happened now?" Bertram's brow furrowed, and his eyes narrowed as he interrogated the butler. Tickleton loathed to deliver bad news, as was evident by the way he seemed to muse over his words in his head before speaking. Several times he opened his mouth, but in quick succession, he closed them each time. Bertram could tell he really wasn't going to enjoy whatever news his butler was planning on presenting.

"W-well sir... it's just that... well..." The gaunt man-servant's hands were folded in front of him; his nervous fingers fumbling around through the cream gloves.

"Spit it out." Bertram was now standing at the other end of the table. Before him, a whole roast ham, several bowls of exotic fruits, a platter of cheeses, and a bread basket lay delicately upon the lacey cloth table-top. At Bertram's right hand, a chalice filled to the brim with crimson starfruit juice lay as well. All in all, it looked to be a delicious meal, and despite that both parties knew not a single bit of it was going to be eaten that morning.

"Well, there's news from the castle. The king has been healed by the foreign witch who came to court the other day and..." Already, Bertram's twitching left brow denoted his increasing agitation: unlike the queen he had some respect for the man as he knew the king to be definitively more decisive and strong in his commands--however, that meant that in matters that concerned Bertram, his involvement was often dwarfed, and by extension his power as well. "Well they already decided to arrest the emissary you met with. It seems they are willing to war over a servant girl after all, sir."

An eerie silence hung over the breakfast table for several minutes, with the increasingly infuriated Bertram simply standing stone-still at his end--nothing but his twitching brow to betray his anger. Tickleton, knowing that look, took several steps back.

"Hmm... Well. That's just..." Bertram slumped over the table, his finger tracing the chalice before picking it up by the base. "That's just such wonderful news." Tickleton's outstretched arms faltered for a moment, as he found himself dumbstruck by the noble's sudden calmness.

"It... it is?"

"Of course! After all, it makes total and complete sense that we would jeopardize a kingdom over an elf girl not even suitable to serve as a canvas on my wall. Yes, I completely understand this decision indeed: think of the newspaper headlines now, my friend: "Even Worthless Street Trash Gets Special Treatment in Evertrue!"- it very well might be the most fairy-tale ending a person in this world is ever likely to receive. Of course, our good and benevolent rulers would throw the lives of an entire nation away for one damn servant girl." At this, Bertram began hysterically laughing, gripping the sides of his head with manic force.

Tickleton, now realizing an explosion was imminent, took several steps backwards. The lord picked the chalice off the table, stared deeply into its contents for a moment, and then chucked it straight out the kitchen window, shattering the glass with the full force of his throw. The servant took cover now beneath the table, from which the lord went about ripping the table-cloth from. With it, all the various bowls and basket went flying into the air and across the manor kitchen in several erratic directions.

Bertram lifted a knife from the table top and began viciously slicing and stabbing at curtains, portraits, and furniture in the room, until a mess of wool, cloth, and canvas lay strewn across the floors. The human-tornado next attacked the living area, smashing priceless pots, vases, and ceramics from nations all over the world. All the while, he remained silent.

While horrified, Tickleton was not particularly surprised, and waited until Bertram's tantrum came to a halt. The lord suddenly fell to his knees and let loose a near blood-curdling roar at the top of his lungs, spewing obscenities in several foreign languages, while pounding the ground with his fists. Eventually, he tired himself out, and, sensing this, the butler spoke: "I assume you'll be heading to the castle today, sir?"

Bertram remained mostly presentable despite his outrage, with only several stray locks dangling over his otherwise pristine forehead. With one gloved hand, he moved them back into place and stood back up. "Yes, although I haven't a reason why. The king's not likely to change his mind. Honestly, why do we even have a noble in charge of foreign affairs these days?"

"Should I look for a suitable piece in the market today, sir? Perhaps some art-making might cool your head down?"

"I'm not looking to be particularly gentle today, Tickleton. Find me some slum rat that won't draw any attention if they go missing. Give them the usual job-offer routine and feed them something. That should be enough to keep them here until I get back." The noble pulled his customary cloak over the suit, and headed out the front door.

The servant turned back, examining the damage. With an exasperated sigh, he added to himself, "At least he didn't light anything on fire this time, Tickleton."

"I suppose only mighty injuries can stop 'Aros the Mighty',"

Aros took a shallow breath, but still cracked a smile at her words. "Aye, that's the idea." The dark elf mused over his adventures thus far, and the adversaries he had faced. In truth, he had fought little in his expeditions: often he used his intelligence or stealth to outmaneuver foes, and had been lucky enough that he had only ever had to kill large monsters of nature. If he were to die on an operating table, then at least he could do so with the knowledge that he had remained true to himself.

That wouldn't be the case, however. Aros would never willingly give up on his dreams, and he trusted his doctor too much to be worried anyway. He doubted it would be a painless process however: in waiting, he firmly gripped the side of the cot with both hands, and continued to take steady breaths as he had been instructed.

"The good news is that broken bones are a piece of cake. Once we're sure that's all fixed up, I can seal up that bite wound too. There might be a scar though..."

A scar sounded like a small price to pay for the ability to go back to his chipper self. The dark elf nodded in understanding, and wordlessly stared at the ceiling in wait for the procedure to begin. When Charlie began her countdown, he closed his eyes and took several quick breaths in anticipation of the pain to come. Unfortunately, there was no way to possibly foresee the sheer agony that followed and despite not crying out, a loud and steady growl tore through his clenched teeth.

For an unbearable amount of time the pain continued rippling through his chest, and though it felt like years had eclipsed, in only minutes his breaths were decidedly less ragged. The burning subsided after a time, and though he felt a fresh pain where his broken rib had been pushed back into place, he otherwise could tell that he was healing already. Unwilling to mess with the process, Aros waited for a time before pushing himself into a sitting position. He was still in pain, but he felt that he could move which--to Aros--was enough.

"Looks like it worked. At least, I think so: I'm not dead yet so that's a good sign." The dark elf gingerly rubbed the sore area on his chest before continuing. "There are things in the city I need to do, but I'm not overly eager to be here for much longer. Hopefully tomorrow I will be prepared to set off for Bratus to continue my investigative work. I think I shall buy a ship there and perhaps go further West than I have yet been." Aros looked over at the stash of loot they had brought back from the Sanctum, especially eyeing his helmet. "Besides the helm, I haven't much interest in the rest. After all, this was your first adventure so I'll grant you a concession and leave the rest in your hands. I suggest selling what you don't need before the wolf gets a chance to trash your stuff, though."

KALIVOS TOREN
EASTWAY BLUFF

Kalivos had waited patiently, but nobody returned and, weirdly enough, the place was quite silent. "They must have put me in some kind of -special guests- cell, I cant hear anything, prision cells are usually noisome places and this place its like a tomb, that makes me wonder what they will want from me?"
The darkelf fall asleep waiting for someone to come, its only until he hear the screech coming from the door that he awakes.
"Damn... I fall asleep!" he curses as he tries to turn back to see whos coming.
"Ah, you are awake, good, the captain will be very pleased" the white robed healer looks at him from behind the cell bars.
"You found me?, mind telling me where Im and what the hell happened?" even shackled the darkelf had managed to roll over to face the healer.
"Of course, but just a couple of questions, I need to take care of your wounds and feed you, the captain wants you fully healed, lets start, you are in Eastway Bluff, at the city guard headquarters, the cell where you are its reserved for violent patients or guards way too drunk or drugged, and about -what happened- all I know its that you were found by a traveling merchant in the desert, he carried you here wanting a reward"
"The merchant... he didnt said something about... a kid?"
The healer looks puzzled, of course the darkelf didnt know that as his eyes are still bandaged.
"A kid?, no, I dont heard about a kid, maybe you need to ask that question to the captain, now stay still, I need to check you" Kalivos hear how a key spins inside the lock, the cell door its open and the healer kneels beside him.
"Hey, could you take that thing in my eyes?" Kalivos lift his head trying to guess wheres the healer.
"I will, but just to check how are your eyes, then the bandage its back, you are too dangerous to give you even a little advantage"

AVRAM STROMM
EASTWAY BLUFF

Morning comes too fast, at least to Avram. Lutter its pulling at his clothes trying to wake him.
"Wake up big guy, time to go, this isnt a hospital and my friend cant keep guys around even if they pay"
Slowly Avram sits, "ok, ok, just keep it down will you?, my head its still killing me, but at least isnt as bad as before"
The healer shows up brooming the floor "Oh, you are already up, good, good, Im about to open the shop and cant have you lying on the floor, while my customers watch"
"Yeah, thanks for everything, I doubt I could have survived the night without your aid"
"Just doing my job, I give Lutter a flask of potion, you should drink some it at midday and again at night, oh, and try to avoid getting your head banged"
"You can bet I will do try to" Avram grabs Lutter shoulder to stand up and soon they leave the healer shop.
Once outside Avram lean against the wall "Thank for your kindness, but Im sure you have business to tend, I can handle myself from here"

"As a fact... my business could be with you, I saw you fight, you know how to do it, you just need more training, would you be intrested in joining me and make some money fighting in the local tournaments?"
"Ha! you must be kidding me?, sure you were watching my fight?, the guy nearly knocked me! worse, he could have killed me!, yes, I used to fight, when I was in the army, but this?, I dont know if I could do it"

Asaka "Raven"

Asaka grinned weakly, if it hadn't of hurt so much, she would have punched the girl.

"Ain't nuffin too bad, jes can't move my arm or nuffin, think it may need ter be relocated. I need a little help, maybe some sleep. Didn't expect ter go out and nearly get crushed by a fairy with rocks today is all. I hate fairies."

Though of course, Asaka was lying about it not be "nuffing" in fact, relocating the shoulder was probably going to hurt like hell.

"Get all the little uns outta here, an the more private a place we can do this, the better."

Alice Cross
Carrying Raven to the Navigation room, Alice sat her in a chair and looked at her arm. She sighed as she was nothing comfortable playing doctor. After all, she made injuries not fixed them. However she had her duty to her crew and ensure they were all fit to work was important in itself.

"What fairy? Last I saw, Freddy used his magic cane to-" She paused and attempted to pushed in Ravens arm into the socket, "Look, I ain't no doctor nor do I have any booze so suck it up." Alice looked around the room for something to that might help. "Like I was saying, Freddy tried to crush me with the pillars. I don't remember there being a fairy. Did you get hit in the head also?"

Zoey Gem
The girl followed Raven and Alice while the other kids were talking. Watching them enter the log room she gasped. "No no... not there... please don't find my clothes!" She walked to the door but Alice slammed it shut and locked it. Now all she could do was hope since she did not have access to her magic.

@conman2163

Vivienne Aliseth - Saphire City - Enlora's House

Enlora's argument as to why is the soup delicious couldnt helped but make Vivi giggle, but then Jax's question took her by surprise as she almost dropped her spoon. No, not the first question, the second one. By reflex she put her hand on her cape, slightly tugging it to make sure it covered her wings tattoo on her back before she tought of what she could say.

-Well, to be honest, I'm kind of on a journey to see all, and I mean all of Evertrue. Saphire City was basically my last destination, so that's why I decided to stay for a while in here. she tried to explain in simple terms without making her look like the fugitive she actually is.

Enlora Faroak
Sapphire City - Enlora's House
@Garfield007

It was clear that Jax noticed Vivi's reaction of tugging the cape lightly. It made him curious, "Hiding something perhaps?" he asks out of curiosity more than anything. Even though he was concerned if it was something that he should be aware of, maybe something that forced him to arrest the girl? Who knows, he hadn't heard of any dragonborns being wanted. Apparently he was about to say something else as well but Enlora ended up kicking him before he managed to say anything. She wasn't happy of her father starting to question her new friend. "Just stop... she isn't dangerous" she says trying to make it clear to her father.

Charlie bit into her knuckles as she heard Aros growling, looking away from him as the dark elf clung onto the corners of the bed. After a few minutes, she stood up to prepare the healing potion for Aros' shoulder wound - luckily, she was so accustomed to dosing out the potion that she barely had to think as she measured out the pinkish liquid, which gave her the possibility to keep one eye on Aros at all times. If he starts reacting aversely, I'll be ready for it. Placing the potion-soaked cloth to the side, Charlie worked on fixing her own wounds by rubbing a reeking poultice onto her arms, re-dressing her bandages and taking a small healing potion bottle to drink. She put the neck of the vial to her lips but her eyes widened the moment she took the first mouthful. She spat it back into the bottle and checked the label in disgust; but it's not meant to go out of date for at least a week! Did I make a mistake? Charlie rubbed at her mouth and put aside the potion, frowning.

Charlie passed some more of the time by tidying up around her shack, re-organising herbs, counting and taking stock...the repetitive action was enough to calm her frayed nerves, and she got down to the third shelf before Aros suddenly pushed himself to a sitting position. "Don't-!"

"Looks like it worked. At least, I think so: I'm not dead yet so that's a good sign." Charlie felt relief crash into her and she exhaled, her features breaking into a grateful smile. It was like watching a weight being lifted from Charlie's shoulders; she physically relaxed, seemed to stand a little taller whilst the tense and thin-lipped grimace that Charlie had adopted in the last leg of their journey had completely vanished. She picked up the potion-soaked rag and went to work cleaning Aros' shoulder wound, the skin seeming to melt and fill the deep holes whilst giving a strange, tingling sensation to the injury. "There are things in the city I need to do, but I'm not overly eager to be here for much longer. Hopefully tomorrow I will be prepared to set off for Bratus to continue my investigative work. I think I shall buy a ship there and perhaps go further West than I have yet been."

Charlie looked away again, smile fading. "I-...see. You've certainly got the funds to do that now." She pulled off the shield from Aros' back and smiled again when she saw how much better Aros was looking; it was nothing short of a miracle that he had recovered so quickly.

Aros looked over at the stash of loot they had brought back from the Sanctum, especially eyeing his helmet. "Besides the helm, I haven't much interest in the rest. After all, this was your first adventure so I'll grant you a concession and leave the rest in your hands. I suggest selling what you don't need before the wolf gets a chance to trash your stuff, though." Charlie nodded distractedly, peering over at the pile of treasure. She had completely forgotten about it - the amount of money she must have now...for some reason, it did not matter as much as she thought it would. It would make things easier on her, but Charlie couldn't think of anything she really wanted to do with it. Undoubtedly, she needed to hide the valuables to stop Remsworth from playing another game with Charlie.

Charlie helped Aros get into his armour and even gave him an old bag of hers to carry his share of the treasure in. "You stay safe, Aros. Gods forbid someone takes a stab at you when you're in Eastway...but you know where to find me," Charlie said, smiling faintly. She nodded politely to Aros and locked the door after her, before taking a few steps and collapsing onto her bed face-first, emitting a low groan. Everything hurts.

I must've fallen asleep... Charlie opened her eyes and it was considerably darker in her hut than before. She was famished, exhausted, and her upper body was wracked with dull aches from all of the cuts across her arms and back. The doctor let loose a low sigh and shuffled over to the pile of treasure, sitting down cross-legged and piling the gold and the chalices on her lap. There was an unbelievable amount, and if anyone in Eastway knew she was literally sitting with a pile of gold, she wouldn't have lasted the evening. For some reason, Charlie's brain automatically ruled out Aros as a liability - Funny the way the world works, thought Charlie, Only a day ago I wouldn't have trusted him as far as I could throw him. Had it only been a day, though...? The house looked very dusty, the out of date potions...She had a sneaking suspicion that they were stuck in the Sanctum for longer than either of them could of imagined. Either way, thinking about it made her head hurt. Dislodging herself from her pile of treasure and then hiding it in an old boot, Charlie took 50 gold and one of the chalices to see what she could do with it.

The streets of Eastway were just as scummy as Charlie remembered them, and she didn't even have to be conscious of where she looked, because her gaze was firmly fixed on the floor. She had spent so long worrying about Aros dying, and suddenly he had left as quickly as he arrived, heading off to Bratus on his own adventures. Charlie plodded through the cobbled streets, dully peering up at shop windows and trying to figuring out what to spend her coins on, but her mind kept drifting back to the Sanctum and all of the things that happened in there...if I didn't turn into a werewolf, Aros would've been fine. If I was smarter, I wouldn't have fallen for such a cheap trick and taken on Remsworth. If I wasn't there, Aros wouldn't have made it past the banquet.

Charlie stopped, bumping shoulders with an orc who let loose a grunt and shoved her to the side. Charlie shrunk in on herself and tried to look smaller than usual; clearly her dazed look was enough to satisfy the brute who continued walking. If I wasn't there, Aros probably wouldn't have even made it past the first test. How would he have been able to handle his memories? Why the hell am I thinking like this? This isn't me. she rubbed at her head and wandered into the pawn shop.

"60 gold."
"Fine."
"Seriously?"
"Yeah, I'll take sixty."

Charlie took the coinpouch from the shopkeep and left without a word. With 110 gold in her pocket, Charlie went about her grocery shopping, buying food and drink from various shops scattered around Eastway. Even as her arms were laden with shopping that Charlie couldn't even have hoped to buy beforehand, she didn't feel any better and kept thinking back to the Sanctum in a different light - every so often she chuckled under her breath at how silly she looked on the Pegasus, or felt a pang of sympathy as she remembered the flashbacks. As she sorted out her foodstuffs for the day at home, Charlie found herself playing with the ring on her index finger idly. She had a quick meal and got changed into an old pair of clothes, sat on the end of her bed, and thought incredibly hard.

It came unexpectedly, which is why Charlie didn't notice it. Now that Aros was gone, the doctor knew for certain; that expedition with Aros was one of the best adventures she had ever been on, and on top of that, she met someone who actually managed, against all expectations, to defeat Remsworth and live to tell the tale. That kind of thing doesn't happen every day Charlie, she scolded herself, so why are you just...sitting there? Her gaze slipped down to the ring. She had enough money to live an easy life if she wanted to, but she was never one for an easy life. Charlie stared at the shield leaning against her bed, precisely where she left it after Aros left.

Something clicked. Charlie grabbed the shield strap and pulled it on before rushing out of the house.

[Sold golden chalice for 60g]
[Spent 25g on food]
[Shipment of 10 fine materials sent]

Last edited:
Diodora Warthunder

Diodora was currently checking out the paperwork and organizing the Roual Guards response. Everything suddenly became busy, and he to delegate some of his guards for his mission to other areas as well as coordinate other things.

With the Lady in waiting going missing, the Kings health returning, and now the treat of war and more elf spies possibly in the country, Diodora got very busy. Hearing that his primary mission had been taken care of, he nodded to the 2 guards.

"Thank you. You have done a fantastic job. You may take the day off. Get some rest, as you may be needed at any time again." Dio said as he saluted and dismissed the guards.

He stood and made his way through the castle, to the throne room so he could report to the King and Queen. He did not enter through the main doors, as he did not want to disrupt what may be happening. He came in through the back way, as quietly as possible.​

Asaka "Raven"

Asaka yelled when the buccaneer teen relocated her shoulder. The pain was intense yet short in duration, and when it subsided, left her with a dull aching pain. Asaka rolled her shoulder around to ensure it was definitely functioning, before she reached up to touch the back of her head, still wincing, and coming away with her hand wet with blood.

"Yeah, I got hit in the head, but I definitely saw a fairy. She's the only reason yer alive. I got er to let ya go after playin' a game with 'er. Won a coin toss an' she let ya go."

Asaka shook her head and sighed, then remembered the little girl who helped her.

"Oi, where's the little girl at? That one who came an' 'elped me get ya...."

Allora

Allora awoke exhausted in her bed. After her furious session of lonely training, the moon had been high in the midnight sky when she had finally stumbled into her room. She had been absolutely obliterated energy wise from swinging her sword, though the energy she had though was non existent was regained and exhaustion was tempered with excitement when she remembered that she was getting married. When it was, she had no idea, but she knew it was going to happen. Then Allora remember that most weddings had large crowds, and her being the bride at one would certainly make her the center piece for attention on the day, which meant she would have to get over her fear of attention from large crowds..... Allora inwardly frowned. Remembering that Gallina was to visit to say goodbye before she left, the elven girl grabbed a kettle filled with water and tossed tea leaves in it, going with a nice mint tea for the morning. Then she sat and waited for both the kettle to boil, and Gallina to show up at her door.

Alkura

Alkura was dazed, the strike that had taken her had been far more powerful then she had been anticipating. However, the dark thing tied to her was angry. Maybe it to wished for revenge. A visible dark aura began to roll off the stone encasement, and Alkura opened her eyes to glare at Johnathan.

"Lord Johnathan Arkhall."

She said the words softly, but with such anger, such hate, such spite. The man had caused her misery.

But he caused the dark one even more misery.

The stone encasing her exploded into dust in an intense wave of magical energy, cracks appeared in the floor around her and windows nearby shattered. The battle had only begun. Alkura raised her right hand and focused on gathering her hate in it, guided only by instinct and the images the she was receiving from the dark one. A dark ball of energy appeared in her palm, and around her black runes began to etch themselves into the walls, a powerful shield ward being set up around her. Once she had gathered enough of it, she focused on the though of propelling the weapon at Johnathan, and immediately it shot forward, heading straight for him.

Johnathan

Johnathan was surprised when the girl managed to blast her way out of the stone. The force of the blast had managed to cause him to stumble a bit, and he cast a glance back at the princess.

"Princess, you need to leave now! Go, get help! Another mage has to be around here somewhere! Find one!"

Johnathan turned just in time ot see her cast the bolt, and he quickly used his earth magic again, calling up a thick stone wall between himself and Alkura just wide enough to cover the front of himself. He heard an audible crunch as the bolt hit the stone, and watched a crack run though it, then the top half fall off and shatter onto the ground. Johnathan needed to end this, but it needed to look good as well. If he just up and obliterated the girl or knocked her out effortlessly, it might make some wonder just how much magic he knew, and for that matter, just who he was, having the reflexes to counter such an attack.
Kiera's dark eyes fluttered open, finding herself awakening in the inn room that she had bought for that first night. The King and Queen had, of course, offered her a guest room in the palace - an offer that she had decided to take them up on. She rose from the bed and gracefully moved about the room, bathing herself briefly before putting on the new dress that she had picked up in the market on her way back to the inn. It was black and lovely, just as she was, and she paused before the mirror to admire herself before gathering together her belongings. She didn't have much, but what she had was of the utmost importance. The rest of her belongings had been left in her small home in Monadalia, which was locked and protected by a number of magical wards. She'd not dare let anyone steal the magical tomes and artifacts that she kept.

Once she was sure that there was nothing askew in the room and she had gathered all of her belongings, she left her room. She politely handed the room key back to the innkeeper behind the desk, giving them a curt thanks for the room, and then she made her way out of the inn. The sun was just rising over the town, and the town was beginning to fill up with people. Merchants with their goods were making their ways to their little stalls, the bakery she passed smelt strongly of fresh bread, and people - including herself - were starting to go about their days.

She stopped by one stall that had finished being set up, and she bought a bread roll, a pear, and a bottle of milk (-10g). She did need to eat, after all, and any decent mage knew that the first meal of the day was the most important. She seated herself on a bench and ate the bread roll, the occasional stares from passers-by not escaping her notice. She was accustomed to being stared at - it was why she had been such a recluse back in her old Kingdom, up until the war. She'd hidden away in her home, sent her young apprentice to buy her groceries from the market, and spoken only to those who sought her out for her expertise and aid. She seemed to be doing quite the opposite now - she was buying herself goods in the market, and she had sought out somebody who needed her aid.

She ate her pear, sipping the milk as she went, and then she tossed the core into one of the town trash bins. She admired that there were bins around the city dedicated to the disposal of trash - it showed that the King and Queen cared about the hygiene and cleanliness of their town and people. Standing from the bench, with her bag slung over her shoulder, she began to walk in the direction of the castle. She held the milk bottle in one hand and the bread roll in the other, taking occasional sips or nibbles as she walked on.
Elbauthin smiled at the other man, shaking his head as Crofton inquired as to whether or not he had a guest room. The house was small and humble, which was perfect for Elbauthin, but it wasn't perfect for entertaining company. Company wasn't something Elbauthin had often, but tonight he did, and he had to accommodate the other man as best as he could. He paused thoughtfully, eyeing the sofa and debating whether or not it would be a comfortable place for Crofton to sleep through the night. Let me get some more blankets and pillows for the sofa, Elbauthin said finally. It occurred to him that he hadn't quite answered the other man's question so much as he had glossed over it and given an indirect answer, but it was no matter. He turned and headed into his own bedroom, opening up the doors of the small closet and pulling a short stack of blankets from the top shelf. He carried them out to the living room and set them down on the couch, figuring he'd let Crofton organize them as he wished in order to make himself the most comfortable. It does get cold here at night, so I tend to cast a warmth enchantment over the house before I go to bed, Elbauthin said, gazing into the other man's dark eyes. If it gets too warm for your comfort, just come and let me know and I'll weaken the enchantment for you. Is there anything else you'll be needing?
Rahil smiled at the sight of Venilia, clad in such a beautiful blue gown. It caressed and rippled around her body in a way that was flattering, yet modest at the same time. The turquoise colour looked stunning on her, and the simple knot into which she'd tied her dark hair showed off the unique, exquisite beauty of her face. You look lovely, Rahil said to her as she approached. Lovely enough that I almost forget you were covered in blood and dirt not long ago. Do you want to talk about what happened? Were you attacked? He doubted she'd done anything beneath the law - she was mysterious, but she didn't seem like a criminal. Although, Rahil could easily have just been blinded by his feelings towards her - he knew that he was developing them, after all, and wouldn't waste his time lying to himself. Whether or not she felt anything for him, of course, Rahil had no way of knowing. Taking her on as staff, though, would let him see her more - even if it was just to drink in the beauty of her before she left, he wanted to see her as much as he could. Getting to know her wouldn't be a bad thing, though, and maybe - just maybe - she would return his feelings. For now, though, he wanted to focus on making sure she was alright. She hadn't looked as though the blood was her own - perhaps she was a skilled fighter and had easily overcome her attacker? Perhaps she was some kind of secret creature, like a werewolf or a vampire, and she'd been out on a hunt? But no, such creatures fed at night, not in broad daylight - Venilia couldn't be anything but the human she appeared to be.
King Phillippe Claude Charmaine & Queen Clarice Angelina Charmaine | Sapphire City Castle | Dining Hall

Seated in the dining hall, gazing affectionately towards one another, the King and Queen waited for the servants to arrive and to serve them. Sure enough, it was but a matter of minutes before a servant came in with a smile on his face to ask what they'd like to eat. Clarice typically preferred to let them just prepare whatever they wanted to eat and to serve her some as well, but Phillippe was much more particular about his diet. It was also important that the vitamins prescribed to him by the doctor wound up in his food somehow, so the servants had to make sure they knew which medications to put in his food. That information could only come from Phillippe and Clarice themselves - before Kiera came along, his doctor had been directly involved with the food preparation to ensure that he was only given food that would benefit him, as well as food that he'd be able to eat.

Phillippe politely told the servant what he'd like for breakfast - speaking, of course, for both himself and his wife - and then informed them that he'd like them to use whatever vitamins they'd been using before. Though they hadn't been much help, he could use the extra vitamins regardless. They'd help his body to recover faster and they'd help him to keep his strength. The servant left with their order, headed to the kitchens through the little side door, and left the King and Queen to make small talk about how they slept and gaze lovingly upon one another.

Clarice was surprised when the door opened and Sylviana came in. Clarice didn't mind being interrupted during her meals, knowing that the welfare of the Kingdom had to come first, but she knew that Phillippe wasn't a big fan of it. Servants were typically banned from the dining hall when they ate, unless for an emergency situation. She could see the irritation in her husband's eyes, as they'd both forgotten to mention that the open dining hall rule was no longer in effect now that he was up and moving around again. When Sylviana spoke, though, Clarice knew he'd forgive her words. "Do you know where Ashley was?" Clarice asked softly, frowning. That she had bruises and cuts on her didn't bode well. "Assign an extra guard or two to the infirmary, and until we know what's happened, make sure there is a guard accompanying her at all times."

Aurélie Lorraine Charmaine | Telia City | University

Aurélie was more than willing to admit that she, even as the princess, was terrified. The moment the professor told her to get help, she whipped around and began to run. There was a part of her that questioned whether or not she'd even try coming back, but the professor - strange as he'd been - had been a kind man. She wasn't going to let him die because of her inability to help. Hurrying, she rounded the corner and checked the first door she saw. She didn't want to check doors in the same hallway where the fight was going on for fear of getting caught in it. The first classroom she entered was darkened and empty. She whipped back around and left, not even bothering to close the door behind her as she hurried to the next door. She tried it, but it was locked. Frustrated, she lifted a hand and banged gently on the door. "Hello? Is anyone in there? We need help!" she tried to call through the door, but there came no answer. Becoming more and more nervous by the second, she hurried to the next door. What if the person had already killed the professor in the time it was taking her to find help? What if the attacker came after her next, and then everyone else? What if the attacker hadn't intended to come after her until the professor had used the term "Princess" to address her? She'd hate to be captured and used to threaten her father. She came to the next door, grasping the knob and giving it a twist. She forced the door open and stepped inside to see if anyone was there who could help.

Crofton Dewl | Sunset City | Elbauthin's House

Crofton smiled at Druindar as he returned with the armload of blankets for him. He was quiet, listening patiently while the other man discussed putting an enchantment on the house. Who was Druindar that he used such magic so freely and nonchalantly? To many, getting a heating enchantment placed on their home would cost a fortune, and would be troublesome to control. Druindar, though, was able to simply do it himself? Perhaps Druindar was some kind of powerful mage, Crofton thought, and the idea caused a knot to twist itself into place within the pit of his stomach. "I think that should be all," Crofton said as Druindar asked whether or not he'd need anything more. "Thank you for your hospitality. I really do appreciate it. Sleep well."

Expedition in progress: Cave of Souls
Trials/tribulations: 2 (pity for a stranger; exhaustion)

Venilia Nimiane | City of Telia | Black Gold Inn

A warmth came across Venilia's cheeks and she glanced briefly away from Rahil. He was perceptive, she'd give him that. Perhaps she'd simply have to blind him with her charm. It was a matter easier said than done - charming men wasn't something she was the best at, particularly in her human form. As a mermaid, men would flock to her without her having to say a word, enchanted simply by what she was. In this form, though, she couldn't just rely on her magical beauty. She had to charm them over with her words and attitudes as well, which had never come easily for her. "I wasn't attacked," Venilia said to him in a soft voice. "I - it's a long story. I really don't want to talk about it." She shifted awkwardly on her feet, hoping that he'd interpret her body language as nervous or uncomfortable and not want to pry deeper. She didn't want him asking questions when she was out killing people - she just wanted him to hand her some extra towels and not say a word.

Gallina Mallorie | Sapphire City

Gallina bit her lip slightly. She approached the door behind which she thought Allora was, hoping that she had the right place. It might become quite awkward if she didn't. Lifting one hand, she rapped her knuckles lightly against the heavy wood. She had to let Allora know that she was leaving, after all, as she had promised. Then, she would head to Telia and find a house, and Allora, meanwhile, would stay back and marry Diodora... She hoped for her friend's sake that the plan would work, and that marrying the man she did love would eliminate the threat from the elven Kingdom. As she knocked, she noticed the strange teal markings on her hand and quickly lowered it, not wanting anybody else to see. She still didn't understand what had happened to her - she'd simply touched the water and it had sent the strange, searing pain through her hand. The teal certainly looked like it could be some kind of strange water burn, but it made no sense to Gallina that she'd never had one before. She'd grown up around water, so why had it never burnt her before?

Allora

Allora jumped up as the rap came at the door, having nearly dozed off at her seat on the edge of her bed. Moving quickly, she ran over to the door situated close to her bed, which of course, was all the room really was, a bed, fireplace, wardrobe, and then a night stand, but that was beyond the point. Asaka opened the door, to be faced with Gallina.

"Gallina! It's excellent to see you before you have to leave! Do you have time for tea, or do you plan to set out immediately? I was just making my morning brew, if you'd care to join me."

The little elven girl had learned long ago to brew a special mixture of tea leaves to promote her growth and health among other things, not that she wasn't healthy, but the number of foreigners that came to the castle always presented a risk to those who were unprepared for any illnesses they brought with them. The particular tea she brewed simply help boost her immune system, along with having the taste of a regular brew of green tea.

Johnathan Arkhall

Johnathan continued to step backwards as his child continued to attack him, bringing up pillars of earth and stone to deflect or absorb the black energy bolts that the strange dark creature that the girl was tied to kept attacking him with. The duel itself was getting to be very annoying. He considered ending it for a moment, but he still of course needed the princess to believe that he was actually having a difficult time defending himself. Which brought about a second thought. If the princess came back with help, a skilled enough mage would be able to determine that he could have easily squashed Alkura, so perhaps it would be best for defensive wounds to be received . The next dark bolt sent from his opponent he deflect to the ground beside him, allowing the shower of stone to cut and bruise him. In the meantime, at least the princess had run, that way he didn't need to watch the girl.

I will end this, only once the princess returns with help though....

Status
Not open for further replies.