The Kingdom of Astaeron

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
V woke up, he stood and looked around at the sky, the sun was low and moving much slower than he was used to. He stretched his legs, and then vanished in a flash of green light.

In a forest not to far away there was a flash of green light and V stood in the woods. He took an offensive stance, then seemed to relax. "This isn't the Jungle, V," he told himself. Starting to crawl forward he looked around, scenting the air, he could sense something nearby, something living, something edible.

He smiles a bit, just a subtle lifting of the left corner of his lips as he does so, but none-the-less, noticeably. "Ah, that is so disappointing to take to ear, I would be enlightened with opportunity to rescue fair-lady from the dark prison of boredom if I am able." He states in mild inquiry, nearing the throne, "We could go to the library, rid yourself of the desolate plague of being lonesome in conversation of business and not alike." He concludes, spreading his arms at the elbows in a teasingly manipulated shrug.

Arianna gave a slight giggle. She lifted one small hand, circling her wrist and pointing her finger. Glimmering white magic began to shimmer around the tip of her finger, and from the side of the room where a handful of chairs were kept tucked aside in case they were needed, matching magic began to sparkle around the feet of one of the chairs. The chair began to float over, carried over by Arianna's careful magic, until it had settled itself on the floor near the throne, rotated to face the throne but not placed directly across from Arianna. She motioned towards the chair as the glimmering magic faded.

"Unfortunately I'm unable to leave the throne room right now, as there is always the possibility of newcomers arriving and needing my help," she replied softly. "However, you can come and join me and keep me company if that is what you wish."

Herzius watches, tensing noticeably at the use of magic around him, he disliked magic, much more so than he should, but he was set in his ideals that magic was a thing of deceit and weakness, however, used in such a fashion, he could dismiss anger and difference in favor of more pleasurable, and much less trivial pursuits. His sister after-all was a witch as well.

"Ah, I see." he replies and nears the chair, "I would gladly spend a portion of my day with you, as I have not a thing scheduled for today, much to your benefit I suppose." he states and takes a step to the queen, kneeling as he does and suddenly a letter is handed forth. ( Of which will be sent via PM ) The letter was embroidered in lavender fabric, though striped with velvet, a color not associated with Herzius. No name was presented, simply a seal, one of an eagle made of sand, and shrouded in flame. "A notice, from mine Queen." he states simply and takes his seat, staying quiet for a few moments, did speaking of his queen upset him, or was it the note? Something was clearly wrong. "Send notice in return as you see fit, she has assured no reprimands to I, nor you or kingdom if invitation is declined... All prices will be taken up by my kingdom...." he hesitates, "Unless your pride holds such that we cannot, in which case, let it swell to sought outcome." He finishes and is visibly distressed, his eyes, of which can barely see, flick to and fro the room uncomfortably, though his body remains still, military bearing perhaps.

Krados decided he had read enough and closed his book, wondering when Lucille would be up again. He came to find he was quite fond of her presence, and the fact she was so kind as to let him stay as a guest, well he couldnt help but like her even more. He made his way down the stairs to fix up a small snack before sitting at the table to eat. He had decided to fix himself a small loaf of his own bread, hollowing the inside before placing small pieces of meat and vegetables inside the loaf, a quick handheld meal.

To pass the time, he pulled out a blank parchment and his quill and ink. He spent his time doodling trees and animals, before starting on the image of Lucille, starting from her eyes to the elegance of her hair, to the curve of her beautiful face. He seemed to almost be in a trance due to his focus on the drawing.

After having seen Myrwen on her way, Arc decided it was his time to go see the Queen. Maybe he could be hired onto the Royal Guard... Or maybe she might have a bounty that needs doing... Or maybe- He stopped himself before his imagination could take off. He was in his rented room, at the moment. After throwing on a clean change of semi-presentable clothing, he opened the window and jumped out, changing in midair into a falcon.

Having flown to the castle, he landed and began heading towards the throne room. He changed into a small gray-speckled cat as he went, nervous about seeing the Queen. He had decided to get a look around the throne room before he spoke to her. Entering the throne room, he looked around. There was someone new next to the Queen. Was he an advisor? Friend? Assassin? No matter. There seemed to be no line, this time. He padded over to the Queen, tilting his head slightly and meowing softly.

V stalked through the forest, he saw a rabbit a few yards away. Without a sound he stalked closer, almost right on top of the rabbit, then lashed out with one leg. The neck broke, as well as a few ribs, and he scooped the small animal into his maw. His venom quickly broke down the biological matter into liquid.

Later V left the forest, trundling along on his way to the castle. Hunger sated he was ready to meet the ruler of this land. It would take some time for him to get there though.

As the armoured adventured trotted away, Maven found a slight interest in his answer at being present in such a place. A traveler of such calibur and well intellectual prowess doesn't belong in a fight, which is why Maven quickly followed behind the traveler in secret and watched him leave the woods calm as ever. This soldier was one of the only to Maven's knowledge to leave the forest with such ease and confidence, yet remains to be discovered if he is human or not. Chester poked his head out and shook it side to side then rested his gaze on the traveler slowly making his way farther from the woods. Maven looked down at Chester as the little mouse looked up at him.

"You think I should? I mean, I did come here for a challenge, right?" he asked. Chester squeaked then returned to the confines of Maven's shirt. Maven stood up and drew his sword, then charged at the traveler. His wound from before did not completely heal but it was nothing to worry about due to his demon blood. Not even twenty feet away, Maven leaps into the air high above the soldier's head and charges downward preparing to attack.

"Look out below!!!" he yells positioning his sword in preparation to clash with the adventure's armour or sword, which ever he would allow to strike would tell Maven alot about this person's skill level in a fight, and how confident they are in their chances of winning. Maven swung his sword and a loud clang sounded off across the bushes and trees surrounding them. His blade connnected with something, but with what?

Arianna took the letter from Herzius curiously, opening it and beginning to read. As her deep blue eyes shifted from side to side, taking in the letter's contents, a grin came to her lips. She lifted her gaze back to Herzius after reading over the letter three or four times.

"You're horrible, you know that?" Arianna exclaimed in a gentle, teasing voice. "You come in here offering to keep me company as I go about my business, but then you hand me a letter that requires formal response, and now I'm so excited I can barely contain myself, how am I to wait for tonight to write a response?" There was a grin on her lips to show that she was just teasing him. She couldn't wait, however, for the end of the day when she could retire to the study and write up her letter back to Herzius's Queen.

Her gaze shifted towards the door as a newcomer entered - but it was no normal newcomer, it was a kitty. She smiled warmly towards the little cat, opening her arms. "Good morning, sweetheart!"

Last edited:
As the armoured adventured trotted away, Maven found a slight interest in his answer at being present in such a place. A traveler of such calibur and well intellectual prowess doesn't belong in a fight, which is why Maven quickly followed behind the traveler in secret and watched him leave the woods calm as ever. This soldier was one of the only to Maven's knowledge to leave the forest with such ease and confidence, yet remains to be discovered if he is human or not. Chester poked his head out and shook it side to side then rested his gaze on the traveler slowly making his way farther from the woods. Maven looked down at Chester as the little mouse looked up at him.

"You think I should? I mean, I did come here for a challenge, right?" he asked. Chester squeaked then returned to the confines of Maven's shirt. Maven stood up and drew his sword, then charged at the traveler. His wound from before did not completely heal but it was nothing to worry about due to his demon blood. Not even twenty feet away, Maven leaps into the air high above the soldier's head and charges downward preparing to attack.

"Look out below!!!" he yells positioning his sword in preparation to clash with the adventure's armour or sword, which ever he would allow to strike would tell Maven alot about this person's skill level in a fight, and how confident they are in their chances of winning. Maven swung his sword and a loud clang sounded off across the bushes and trees surrounding them. His blade connnected with something, but with what?
The traveler was surprised by the sudden change in behavior, but nonetheless, he reacted to the threat presented to him. He heard the all too familiar rasp of a blade being drawn, and he lumbered about, Greatsword raised protectively, the blade slamming into it. The armored warrior made no comment, a sudden cold feeling emanating from beneath that strange helm. The armored form curiously made no attack, as it stepped backwards, massive sword still raised. "May I have an explaination?" a voice asked, sounding harsh as a whip, and as cold as ice.

Maven's feet planted firmly on the ground after that clash of blades. Fixating his posture to oppose the armoured traveler, Maven smiles with eyes full of a sense of excitement. He pointed his sword outward from his chest at the armoured traveler and gave his explanation he so desired to hear.

"I was right after all. You're something different altogether." he said twrling his blade in the air then rests it on his shoulder. "I want to fight you, with everything I've got and I don't want you to hold back on me. Do you think you can pull that off, 'Ironman' ?" he asked mocking the armoured traveler's appearence only to pressure him on.

Maven rested his sword on the ground now standing in an unchanging position beckoning the armoured traveler on and on. "Make your move, I've already properly introduced my sword to you. Now it is your turn to speak with me through the flash of the blade. Come at me!" he yelled out. A small bit of his dark essence started to emit from his body as he became more and more excited, finally able to test his limits in a more fitting battle. Having a calm head and steady heart, he awaited the traveler's next moves carefully preparing for whatever was next to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maven's feet planted firmly on ground after that clash of blades. Fixating his posture to oppose the armoured traveler, Maven smiles with eyes full of a sense of excitement. He pointed his sword outward towards the armoured traveler and gave his explanation.

"I was right after all. You're something different altogether." he said swinging his blade from the air to his shoulder. "I want to fight you, with everything I've got and I don't want you to hold back on me. Do you think you can pull that off, 'Ironman' ?" he asked mocking his appearence only to pressure him on.

Maven rested his sword on his shoulder standing in an unchanging position beckoning the armoured traveler on and on. "Make your move, I've already properly introduced my sword to you. Now it is your turn to speak not with your mysterious voice but with your blade. Come at me!" he yelled out, a small bit of his dark essence started to emit from his body as he became more and more excited to finally be able to test his limits in a more fitting battle. Having a calm head and steady heart, he awaited the traveler's next moves carefully preparing for whatever was next to come.
The armored warrior began to chuckle, a low rumbling sound, which turned into laughter. "In a way, I am something unexpected," he agreed. "And if you're so sure, I won't hold back." he promised, as he chuckled. He said nothing from that point on, holding his Greatsword in both hands. Suddenly, he moved, raising his blade into the air, as if to preform a downward swing at Maven, but instead he lowered his sword, thrusting the tip at Maven's chest instead. It wasn't that good of a feint, and in the armor, he wasn't all that maneuverable.

• Seeing the Queen open her arms to him, Arcturus sighed inwardly. Why did he have to walk in in an animal forme? He thought of last time he was here. The same thing had happened with Myr when he was a hummingbird. Whatever, he thought, Might as well go along with it. My own fault for not thinking this would happen. He leapt up onto the Queen's lap, purring softly.
  • The cat is a light gray color on it's back that, as it goes to it's belly, fades into white. It's back has darker grey stripes. It's eyes resemble amber. They glitter softly like stars.

((OOC: Cat-like, huh? My bad XD I'll be more careful.))

Maven payed close attention the armoured adventure's moves and carefully adjusted himself accordingly. The difference in speed showed that Maven may be faster but the armoured traveler is definitely more skilled and stronger. A feint attack was made causing Maven to dodge the thrust awkwardly and recieve's the first blow to his shirt. Maven quickly regained himself then bounced back with a couple slashes towards the armoured traveler's well armour.

Maven remained slient during this trading of blows but kept his wits about him and continued to fight onward. After the few slashes he did had no affect on the armour of the traveler, Maven gained some distance to see if he could discover a weakness in the armoured traveler's armour or combat skill. Maven charged in once again this time thrusting hard into the armoured traveler's chestplate, driving his sword into the center of the armoiur trying to see if it can even be scratched or cracked.

A connection with the armoured traveler is made, and Maven's sword holds steady on the armoured traveler's chestplate but didn't even look like it did anything at all. That attack was nothing when faced against this armour the traveler was bearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
((OOC: Cat-like, huh? My bad XD I'll be more careful.))

Maven payed close attention the armoured adventure's moves and carefully adjusted himself accordingly. The difference in speed showed that Maven may be faster but the armoured traveler is definitely more skilled and stronger. A feint attack was made causing Maven to dodge the thrust awkwardly and recieve's the first blow to his shirt. Maven quickly regained himself then bounced back with a couple slashes towards the armoured traveler's well armour.

Maven remained slient during this trading of blows but kept his wits about him and continued to fight onward. After the few slashes he did had no affect on the armour of the traveler, Maven gained some distance to see if he could discover a weakness in the armoured traveler's armour or combat skill. Maven charged in once again this time thrusting hard into the armoured traveler's chestplate, driving his sword into the center of the armoiur trying to see if it can even be scratched or cracked.

A connection with the armoured traveler is made, and Maven's sword holds steady on the armoured traveler's chestplate but didn't even look like it did anything at all. That attack was nothing when faced against this armour the traveler was bearing.
The next few attacks, Rook didn't even attempt to block. Not a single one seemed capable of piercing his armor. When Maven tried his thrust attack, holding his sword steadily on Rook's chestplate, he attacked. He raised his sword over his head, as if to swing it downwards, but instead, he thrusted his armored elbows downwards towards Maven's head. If his elbows made contact, it'd cause some serious damage.

The next few attacks, Rook didn't even attempt to block. Not a single one seemed capable of piercing his armor. When Maven tried his thrust attack, holding his sword steadily on Rook's chestplate, he attacked. He raised his sword over his head, as if to swing it downwards, but instead, he thrusted his armored elbows downwards towards Maven's head. If his elbows made contact, it'd cause some serious damage.
A hard bash came to the top of Maven's head and his knees weakened due to impact, but his legs did not fall. They shook, as if bearing a large load on his back and in agonizing pain. Blood started to drip down Maven's face from the back of his head and a small ring of dust surrounded them.

"Hey... what's... your name again, 'Ironman' ?" he asked swinging his sword aside and forcing his hand onto the center of the chestplate. Maven presses hard against it and sends the armoured traveler several feet back just a couple feet off the ground. The amount of power and force it took to thorw this armoured traveler away from Maven was no small feat, it was an actual struggle even for a demon self-trained or rusty. Maven stood straight up now with blood running down his cheeks and a new expression of determination on his face. Maven wanted to beat the traveler bad, but not defeat him. He was the first human to ever enter the Dark Woods and just leave as if nothing happened to Maven's knowledge. This was a rare chance for him, and he was not about to let a meer blow to the head stop him from going all out.

Maven charged ahead with a flurry of slashes all aimed at the armoured traveler's hands trying to disarm him. If he could get that greatsword away from his grasp, maybe he could find the armour's weakness. Maven used the advantage of speed to attack from any and all angles and discover some sort of weakness.

V crawled his way into the castle, when he approached the throne room he noticed a cat on her lap and a man sitting in a chair nearby. He approached the throne, and stood a few yards away. Not having ever dealt with any royalty before he didn't know what was expected, so he executed a graceful two leg bow and dipped his head to her. He raised his head, then purred a greeting to her, "Greetings... your majesty."

( I am sorry for being a terrible person, I had noticed a response. Alert system sucks so bad. Apologies! )

Herzius watches read, anxiously as she takes an extended period of time to seemingly translate what he was sure to be such a short notice. His queen was not one to ponder for all too long, but rather, one to arrive to a point as quickly as possible, though, she was also quite thorough.

Taking her comment to heart, he drops his gaze, feeling as if he had performed a task incorrectly, and was about to apologize as she explained her means for telling him such a thing, now recognizing it as merely a jest made to tease him. "Ah, apologies, I suppose I should have presented it later on, now shouldn't I of." he states with a dip of his head, "Either way, I hope you think your response over." He states. He still seems horribly uncomfortable with the message presented in the letter, but, he does not assert an opinion upon it, as far as he knew, the Queen had no intent to put him in that competition, he hoped.

He hears the door open and clicks his tongue immediately, his eyes shutting before he relaxes mildly and observes the cat, taking in it's feature's through his eyes now, "Ah, a cat." He muses, watching her lift him into her arms with adoration, it seemed a womanly thing to hold so closely onto small creatures of all types, at least, he never found the pride in it.

Arianna giggled softly as the cat came up into her lap. She looped one arm loosely around the little creature to keep it from slipping on the shimmery material of her gown, letting it settle down comfortably as she began to stroke the soft fur. Her blue eyes sparkled with warmth at how sweet and precious the little creature was, and how comfortable it was with people, too, as she found that cats weren't likely to go straight to anyone. This one, however, had come straight to her. She looked up towards Herzius as he spoke of the letter, smiling.

"Of course I'll think deeply about my response until this evening when I have the time to write it up, Herzius. And aren't you just precious, you sweet little thing!" she cooed affectionately as she stroked the cat. She smiled up at Herzius upon hearing his comment about the cat, and then her gaze shifted to the doors as they opened to let in a massive spider with orange and black stripes. Her breath caught for a second, but she saw the creature come forward and then dip into what appeared to almost be a bow. A smile came to her lips when she heard the creature speak, as it was hardly what she had expected. "Good morning," she said to the spider. "My name is Arianna, what's yours?" Did spiders even have names? She hoped so. Would he be offended that she had asked? She certainly hoped not.

Last edited:
V purred, a deep rumbling that matched his size with its force, "My name, Arianna, is V, I am the twenty-second of my brood." He decided that he liked the queen, she asked his name, when others of power would not. He wasn't sure if she actually cared or not, but at least she cared enough to give the appearance that she cared. He could pick up the brief scent of surprise, which was close to fear. His green eyes had already picked out the guards, and any other potential threats, should he have to defend himself. He was quite used to adverse reaction to his appearance, they were just as common as friendly reactions.