The Kingdom of Astaeron

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
As Maven appeared near the center of the Dark Woods, the guardian tree that kept evil spirits within the Dark Woods was under attack by a group of Minotaur. About four of them to be exact, were attempting to steal away pieces of the tree's bark and most likely sell it or use it greedily.

"Stooop!!!" Maven yelled out halting their construction. One of the Minotaur approached Maven as the others watched wielding a massive, encrypted axe. The writing on the sides of the axe drew Maven's attention more than the size of the Minotaur, until he drew closer. The Minotaur snarled hardily and bent over to come to eye level with Maven. They didn't speak the native tongue but Maven could understand them, not sure how but this language was somewhat familiar to him. The Minotaur demanded that Maven leave unless he wants to end up like the pile of bodies behind them.

Maven's eyes widened to the site of the 'pile' the Minotaur had referred to. Around six bodies, all stacked up next to the tree. One of the bodies was extremely familiar to Maven, it was a 'somehwat' childhood friend. The battle mentioned before was a never ending rivalry between Maven and a demon that lived in the forest with him. Maven had never been able to beat him; that demon was always stronger and better than Maven. And to see his decrepit body sitting along side the many others only made his blood boil over.

The Minotaur smirked and asked if the sight of those demons hit a nerve. Maven's head was down and his hand reached for his sword slowly. The Minotaur laughed and swung his axe above his head then brought it down with amazing speed and force. As soon as the axe made cotact with the ground an explosion occurred. That was the same bang from before that scared off the other inhabitants. When the Minotaur drug his axe from the crater there was no body found. He searched frantically for Maven but he was ot insight. Another Minotaur yelled in their own language 'above' and saw Maven with his sword drawn and crimson red eyes.

"You Bastards!!!" he yelled soaring down on top of the Minotaur's head and slashing down with everything he had. The Minotaur screamed in pain as Maven stood firmly his blade covered in blood and his eyes aglow. A misty dark essence poured from his body and Maven showed a very unpleasant expression. He was prepared to kill.

Having little to nothing of interest going on and the ball winding down, Custos decides he has had enough of the festivities for the time being. As he left the ballroom he couldn't help but wonder what to do with his mask. He had no use for it, nor did he have many places he could safely carry it. Oh well. he hangs on to it as he leaves the castle grounds and out into the city, thinking of putting on a statue or something as a joke. He hadn't been to too many kingdoms that had a ball last this long, it was sure an interesting experience. He decides to look around the more affluent section of town, since he hadn't been there yet.

V walked slowly through the streets, stepping over people's heads and being careful not to step on anybody. The humongous tiger furred arachnoid was new to this country, but since the castle was closed he decided to explore. His senses told him someone was nearby, or more accurately something. He looked at a robed figure that had a mask, a masquerade style mask. He thought back to the time he once went to a masquerade, it was long ago, in a different form. His mind twisted and he forgot about it once again.
This being didn't have a pulse, he couldn't hear anything that would signify an organic body, no blood pumping, or organs squishing about in their delicious fluids. He noted that the apparent man, was headed from the castle. Hoping not to scare it away he approached the entity he would identify as a robot. "Hullo there sir, I am new to this nation and couldn't help but notice you came from the castle. Would you happen to know when it next is open for travelers to enter?" Humans seemed to relax more when they thought he needed their help, he thinks it is because they think if they are useful he will not consume them.

As Custos takes his mask off he spots the being attached to the voice. Some large, furred spiderlike creature. Considering it would rather talk than anything he was sure that it was unlikely up to anything suspicious. At least nothing that wouldn't be sorted out quick enough. Between everything else that had apparently been happening here the last couple of days there seemed to be very few types of creatures that didn't visit this kingdom at least once. "I would wager it would be open either later today or early tomorrow. The ongoing party is still going, although it looks like it's dying down." he replies to the creature. In retrospect, he had never actually visited the Queen herself since he arrived at ball time. he may have to fix that later on.

V purred, "Ah, well thank you." He looked around and then dropped to the ground. He closed some of his eyes, and sighed. "I am V by the way."

Last edited by a moderator:
Custos just watches as V lowers and closes some of his eyes. "I am Custos. Nice to meet you too." He says with a small nod. At least was more fruitful than his spent time earlier today. "I'm guessing you arrived recently as well?"

As Maven appeared near the center of the Dark Woods, the guardian tree that kept evil spirits within the Dark Woods was under attack by a group of Minotaur. About four of them to be exact, were attempting to steal away pieces of the tree's bark and most likely sell it or use it greedily.

"Stooop!!!" Maven yelled out halting their construction. One of the Minotaur approached Maven as the others watched wielding a massive, encrypted axe. The writing on the sides of the axe drew Maven's attention more than the size of the Minotaur, until he drew closer. The Minotaur snarled hardily and bent over to come to eye level with Maven. They didn't speak the native tongue but Maven could understand them, not sure how but this language was somewhat familiar to him. The Minotaur demanded that Maven leave unless he wants to end up like the pile of bodies behind them.

Maven's eyes widened to the site of the 'pile' the Minotaur had referred to. Around six bodies, all stacked up next to the tree. One of the bodies was extremely familiar to Maven, it was a 'somehwat' childhood friend. The battle mentioned before was a never ending rivalry between Maven and a demon that lived in the forest with him. Maven had never been able to beat him; that demon was always stronger and better than Maven. And to see his decrepit body sitting along side the many others only made his blood boil over.

The Minotaur smirked and asked if the sight of those demons hit a nerve. Maven's head was down and his hand reached for his sword slowly. The Minotaur laughed and swung his axe above his head then brought it down with amazing speed and force. As soon as the axe made cotact with the ground an explosion occurred. That was the same bang from before that scared off the other inhabitants. When the Minotaur drug his axe from the crater there was no body found. He searched frantically for Maven but he was ot insight. Another Minotaur yelled in their own language 'above' and saw Maven with his sword drawn and crimson red eyes.

"You Bastards!!!" he yelled soaring down on top of the Minotaur's head and slashing down with everything he had. The Minotaur screamed in pain as Maven stood firmly his blade covered in blood and his eyes aglow. A misty dark essence poured from his body and Maven showed a very unpleasant expression. He was prepared to kill.
Suddenly, loud thuds echoed throughout the woods, and bulky form charged out of the underbrush, a massive shield in one hand, and a large broadsword in the other. The nearest minotaur turned to combat this figure, but it smashed into its back. The minotaur stumbled forward for a moment, but that hesitation was long enough, as the armored arrival stepped forward suddenly with his left foot, his right arm back, before he swung it around, the blade cutting through the air, before it met the flesh of the Minotaur's upper leg, the warrior's strength combined with the sheer mass of the blade to cause it to sink into the minotaur's leg, slicing even through the bone, but not making it all the way out. The Minotaur howled in pain, as its blood oozed from the wound, matting its fur and pooling on the ground beneath, falling to one knee, the other leg limp, as the warrior was already yanking his sword out. The next swing came at the beast's neck, this time, cutting straight through, the head spinning forward onto the ground, its horns impaling into the ground as the body slumped, pools of the creature's blood quickly beginning to muddy the ground around the corpse. The mysterious armored figure was silent, and simply raised his massive shield infront of him, and held his blood-stained sword at the ready.

V purred, "You are correct Custos." The large beast sniffed the air, "What are you? You are not made of flesh, and I do not think this Kingdom has robots."

Well, it wasn't the first time he has been asked that. "I'm a living training dummy. Well, at least one that came alive." he replies to V. The conversational partner was more perceptive than most of the people around here, that's for sure.

V nodded, "I don't usually deal with those of low intelligence, but you seem to be capable. What are you training for?" He obviously didn't know what a training dummy was. He shifted and a large military pack came into view on his back, he shook a little and a small coin fell out, flipping through the air before clinking to fall on its side. A few feet above the ground.

"What? No, not as in someone with low intelligence. You know, like a target, or a mannequin." Custos says in clarification as he watched the whole scene with the coin begin to unfold. Some sort of magic trick or something, perhaps? After letting a moment pass he picks back up from his train of thought. "I'm not really 'training' as much as I am searching. I've spent the last century or so looking for a few gifts to take back to my brothers. Is that coin some kind of magic trick or something?"

V looked at the coin, he laughed, "I guess you could say that." His eyes glowed softly green, "I can give you something you want, or something you may not want, if you agree to a little game of chance. It doesn't have to be material either, it basically grants wishes... if you win." He didn't mention that losing could result in something really bad happening, or not. "I have not had much experience with such dummies. I practice my fighting, but I usually do so with a... usually living being."
V tilted, as he can't tilt his head, the last century or so? This must be an old... entity. He reached out with a leg and used it to flip the coin and toss it back up, not looking at the result, or letting it settle.

A game of chance that could grant a wish? The offer was certainly a tempting one for Custos. Despite that, he couldn't help but be just a little wary about this. If he won, a wish could be at hand for him. But what if he lost? There more than a handful of tales back home that revolved these kinds of things. At this point, what would he even wish for? Getting those 'gifts' for the people he considered brothers like this could bite him in the backside if it depended on how worded it. "Well, my brothers had plenty of practical use in their techniques as well. There were more than enough problems in a place as mystical as my home is." he remarks as he watches the spider tilt. At this point, he really had not much to lose either way. As long as he had been gone from home most of his brother would likely be long passed. Not many would miss him. "And what if I lose?" he simply asks V.

V would shrug, but he can't so he has to merely speak, "Oh, anything could happen. Unless you specify a outcome for a loss before hand. That's the fun of these games, one outcome is guaranteed at fifty percent chance of happening, while anything else also has a chance of happening. Usually losing doesn't result in anything too bad, losing is never as bad as the good that could come from winning, unless the good is very little of course." He pulls his arm back and the coin falls back to the spot above the ground.
"Tell you what, if you lose you merely keep the coin." He purred, "sound like a good deal?"

Well, if he only had about 25% chance of anything not planned happening, Custos guessed that he could at least give it a shot this one time. "Sounds like a deal to me." he says in agreement with a nod. In the time they were talking he had been thinking a little on what he could wish for. He only had a couple of ideas, but nothing that would be too outrageous.

"Alright, what do you want? If I don't know the coin will do something random." He reached back out and placed his leg tip under the coin, it dropped and he looked at Custos.

Custos only needed a small moment to decide. "If I do win, then my wish will be to know where to find some inspiration for my next fighting style." he replies to V. he decided to wish only for the inspiration instead of knowing the style. For him, it was as much the trip as the destination.

V nodded, an odd request sure, but he's been asked for worse. With a twitch of his leg the coin went into the air, "Heads I win tails you lose?" The coin kept spinning higher and higher, oops, used to much force.

"Sure, let's go with that.' Custos says as he watches the coin go higher and higher. Wow, V must have really wanted made sure this was a good coin flip. Or maybe it was showmanship? Either way the feeling of anticipation was building where the stomach would be in a actual, living person. This was going to be interesting regardless of the outcome.

V chuckled softly, If you insist. "Okay." The coin started falling and he reached a leg out again. The coin landed and he flipped it onto his other leg. He'd seen Jokers do that, but was unsure what it accomplished. Looking at the coin he said "Tails you lose." He extended an arm toward him and said, "You can flip it to turn it into a weapon, or, a potion. Of course, if you think of flipping the coin again after it transforms the item will revert back to the coin. It'll also be an at will thing, not a chance thing, you choose potion or weapon."