The IBIF Chronicals

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tybalt took in a deep breath and then let it out slowly. He watched as H-30 stretched out his face like ha had just done, and when he asked about it he shook his head. "I don't know. I guess... I don't know. I think I should probably sleep now though, yes." he answered. "Here. I'll take that machine back now." He sighed, waiting for H-30 to hand it over. He was wondering if he should call him Concrete instead, but he didn't ask it. Not yet, and not out loud if he did. Generally they disregarded what prisoners wanted to be called but... H-30 was different now. If only to him.

H-30 first held the machine close to himself, as if protective, and then gave it back to Tybalt, showing some reluctance. 'I promise I'll finish reading the dictionary soon. Hopefully then we'll be able to have clearer conversations.'

He stood up, and pressed his hand against the glass as a greeting, since he couldn't give the man a handshake. 'Good night. Sleep well.' He said, thinking night was just an expression, not really knowing what it meant.

Tybalt took the little machine back and held it carefully under one arm. "Okay." he answered to all of what H-30 said. He gave a small wave and then left. His head was spinning a mile a minute and now he was freaking out about machines having feelings and what about the ones he pulled apart to make other machines and all of that? Why couldn't the world just be simple like when he was a kid? Well, his world hadn't been THAT simple then either, but at least not like aliens and machines with feelings ridiculous. Suddenly all those movies about machine uprisings had some merit to them.

Upon getting to his room, he shut the door and didn't bother turning on the lights in the pitch black room. Despite there being a mess of parts on his floor he knew just where to not step. He got to his bed, put the 3-D machine on his nightstand, and then just tried to relax himself. And not think about machine guts all over the floor screaming at him.

H-30 watched Tybalt go, feeling a bit sad for being left alone. Soon the new televisions were set up around his cage, and scientists started to come and go from his room. After Tybalt spent so much time with him, the other scientists seemed reluctant to keep experimenting on him. From reading their minds, he realized they were afraid of messing up whatever progress Tybalt was making.

He kept reading his dictionary with an inhuman attention span, advancing a lot in the book, given how much time he had.

Tybalt woke up hours later, but wasn't feeling all that better. He got up anyway. He was used to having an erratic sleep schedule. Despite not feeling much better about this machinery revelation, he was in a good mood. He practically skipped down the halls to grab something to eat, and once he was done with that he skipped all the way to H-30's holding cell. He had taken another call from one since then, and as he came into the room he stopped just in front of the glass. "H-30! I have some bad news." Despite said bad news he sounded quite chipper. "Unfortunately, your request for the book was denied." Tybalt at least gave him a sympathetic look. "Sorry."

H-30 perked up as soon as he sensed Tybalt coming. When the man appeared in the room, he walked up to him, and stared at him from the other side of the glass, holding his dictionary close to himself. Human expressions were getting more and more easy to use, and he looked a bit sad when Tybalt gave him the news. 'Well, I didn't have any hope of getting the book anyway. Thanks for asking at least.'

He held the book in front of Tybalt's face. 'I reached the letter "H". That word, "Hope", has a beautiful definition.' He went back to hugging the book. 'Is that all?'

Tybalt looked at the dictionary, and a large grin spread across his face when H-30 mentioned 'hope'. He nodded. "It does, doesnt it?" he agreed. However, several moments later he just looked confused. "Is what all?" He asked. He bounced up onto his toes, standing like that for a little while before simply bouncing up and down. He put his hands behind his back as he waited for H-30 to answer. He was in very good spirits indeed. Even the other scientists in the room seemed to notice.

H-30 stared at Tybalt bouncing on his toes, wondering what the hell he was doing. He didn't have a control that good over his own human-like body, so when he tried to imitate that, he lost balance, stumbling against the glass, dropping his book on the floor. 'Oh no... I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that.' He gave the book an apology as he picked it up, and checked it to see it was unharmed.

He turned around to look at Tybalt. 'You look like you're... Expecting something? Or just... Overall happy. I don't know. You're vastly different from the usual.' He spoke in a soft voice.

Tybalt watched as H-30 apologized to the book. No. He would not ask. Maybe H-30 was just super sensitive or something. Yes. That was it. He grinned when H-30 asked about him. "Not expecting anything. I am pretty happy though." He shrugged and then leaned forwards a little. "I don't generally have a 'usual'." he added. 'Now. On your list of things you can do, is projection one?' Tybalt asked this question in his mind only, raising one eyebrow.

Tybalt's mood was contagious. It made a smile appear on H-30's face. It was good, to be able to feed from the tasty good vibes the man was emanating. When he asked his question, H-30 went to look up the word 'projection' on his dictionary. He read many different definitions. A mathematical definition. A psychological definition. A definition that made it sound like, if he extended his arm, he was doing a projection.

'I'm sorry. I don't get your question. Could you be more specific?' he finally asked, without closing the book.

'I guess technically you're doing it already. Making yourself appear human like that. But can you separate the human image from yourself? Leave it some place while you physically go somewhere else?' He specified, still speaking only in his head. An idea was starting to form in his brain. Probably not a very good or safe one, but one he just might run with depending on if it would work...

'Huh... Well... I hardly ever create anything, but if it's just an image and not a body with actual substance...' His voice full of doubt resonated inside of Tybalt's mind. Since he had more energy available now, thanks to the man's good mood, maybe he could do it. He concentrated, which didn't show on his facial expression, and then stepped to the side, leaving an image of him standing where he was before. He took some steps to the side, and looked at the image of himself. He made the image stare back at him, and then they both turned to look at Tybalt. The image was real, not just an illusion, and it could be seen on the security cameras and the screens connected to them, if one cared to check it out.

Tybalt was a little impatient, but only because he wanted to go. He was waiting first. To see if H-30 could do it. He watched when it happened and then smirked. 'Now lets push you a little further? While you maintain that image, make your real self appear human again....' He suggested. Some of the scientists behind Tybalt were getting a bit uneasy, but Tybalt didn't pay them any mind. They would do as they were told.

The image turned to look back at its creator. H-30 doubted in his current state he could do both things at the same time. Looking for aid, he started sucking some energy from the televisions around his cage. The images they were showing distorted a bit, before going back to normal. After that, H-30 adopted his human appearance, being successful in keeping the projection intact in the process. The projection moved as H-30 wanted, so it looked genuine, and as full of life as H-30 knew how to imitate.

'I'm tired.' He warned Tybalt talking only inside of his mind, as both H-30s looked at each other.

Now that was pretty incredible. Tybalt was about to ask something else when H-30 said he was tired. He brought a hand up to scratch at his chin and then rub his neck thoughtfully. 'Yeah You can stop if you want. I was just.... curious. If you weren't tired how long do you think you could do that for?' For reasons, of course, but he would not share those at current. "Thats very impressive." He said out loud. He took a step back, thinking of all the uses that could have.

H-30 let his mind relax, and the image of him faded. He smiled when Tybalt told him it was impressive. Did that mean humans couldn't do that?

'Constantly, if I have the needed income of energy. But since the energy available for me here is so low... I cannot do more than that.' he spoke inside of Tybalt's mind. 'Why are you testing me again all of a sudden?'

As H-30 disappeared, Tybalt started bouncing in place again. He wondered if he should just tell H-30. He decided there was no harm in it. H-30 could get out whenever he wanted anyway, apparently, and he was just choosing not to. 'Because if you want to get out of there with my help, without anyone else knowing you've gotten out, then I need to know what you can do.' He answered, a grin curling onto the features of his face again. 'I don't like being kept cooped up down here any more than you do.' His room was a different story. He could stay in there for days, and he had, but he had all of his things there. Down here in this boring facility, however, was a different story.

H-30's expression didn't change, but his thoughts surely did. Without manipulating his body to move, he analysed Tybalt with his own mind. He didn't feel any change in his emotions. Could it be that lying to him made him happy? Was Tybalt a bad person?

'Are you telling the truth to me, or is it just another test to see how I will react?' he asked inside of Tybalt's mind. 'If you're lying to me, I'll tell your printer you're a bad person.'

'I'm not interested in lying to you. I told you if I don't want you to know something I'll say so.' Tybalt dismissed. Why should he lie? Tybalt was perfectly happy to tell H-30 that he didn't care to answer, or that it wasn't his business. Why would he just make up this lie out of the blue? Tybalt didn't think H-30 would do any harm, but he would have to keep the alien from going to places he wasn't supposed to. He'd also need clothes. They couldn't have done it now even if he had had the energy to. It was just a thought for the future.

H-30 went silent for a bit, before settling for believing Tybalt. He hoped this wasn't a case of humans' much appreciated sarcasm. 'Okay, if you'll get me out of here, it'll be very much appreciated.' He spoke inside of the man's mind, with an excited voice. 'I'm guessing it won't be something permanent, but I'd like to spend some time outside of this cage, without battling another one of my own species.'

Thinking their conversation was finished, he turned around, ready to go back to the centre of his cage to keep reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.