The IBIF Chronicals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tybalt frowned a little, looking a bit uneasy about 'feeding' him properly. It wasn't exactly supposed to be for that, and he wondered if H-30 knew that. The alien had a weird sense of gratefulness. It was also because of him that he was captured and brought in here. Because of him that he was caged. He just nodded a little. "OKay...." He answered uncertainly, letting H-30 know that he could go ahead and ask another question if he wanted to.

'The blue liquid-- Huh, blood.' H-30 began, trying to see if he could narrow anything of the human body into something small enough that could be explained to him in a simple manner. 'What do you use it for? Or is it just there for you to die if you lose too much of it?'

"Er no, not exactly." Tybalt responded, tilting his head from one side to the other. He'd never had someone ask what they used blood for. "I mean, it circulates through our body and helps... regulate things I guess? I don't know. Ask something else. I'm not an expert on how the body works. Thats why we have doctors, I guess." Tybalt admitted. "Sorry."

Maybe that had been too specific? Tybalt, who appeared to be smart among humans, couldn't answer that. Apparently the things that knew the details of how the human body worked were called doctors, and Tybalt wasn't one of them. H-30 tilted his head to the side. 'You don't know about the human body. Then, what things do you know about in detail?'

"I mean I do know some things about the human body. Just not everything. I know a lot more about machines. I can build lots of machines, pick locks, modify equipment, that kind of thing." He explained further. "I can fix nearly any kind of machine, big or little." He added. He was a little prideful in his work, but then who wasn't when they were truly good at something? "Was that your question, or was that just kind of to figure out what you could ask about?"

'It was both.' H-30 said, and then let out a sigh. 'I'm having trouble coming up with questions. I feel like whatever I ask is either too vague or too specific for you to reply properly, and I'm only getting more and more confused. I have a lot of information that I don't know how to sort.'

He opened the dictionary again, to look up the meanings of "machine", "lock" and "equipment". 'It's your turn.'

"I'm sorry." Tybalt apologized. He must not be very helpful, although he was trying to be. What H-30 really needed was to get a grasp on the language and dictionary and then just... experience things he guessed. Tybalt had no idea how that could happen though. He watched as H-30 looked up the words he didn't know. "Do you need anything to get more organized?" He asked. He supposed that could be his question as well as a suggestion on helping H-30 figure out things here on Earth. It would be easier to play the game that way, if he knew what he was talking about.

H-30 looked up from his dictionary, wondering if he had heard that just right. Coming from Tybalt, that was far more servicial than usual. 'A corpse would be fine.' He said a bit bluntly.

'If that isn't possible, then...' he doubted for a moment if he should keep talking or not. 'That video you showed me, of a woman giving birth. Maybe you have more enlightening videos like that? We could watch them together, if you want to make sure that I'm not watching anything that shouldn't be shown to me.' he hoped that small arrangement about Tybalt's supervision over him would get him to say yes.

That wasn't exactly what Tybalt meant. He meant like maybe paper and a pen or graph sheets or... well he wasn't really sure what. But he most certainly could not give H-30 a cadaver, and the videos still wasn't really what he meant. Still... he supposed they could do some more videos.

"I can't give you a corpse..." he responded. "But... what kind of videos do you want? We could probably find some other ones that would interest and teach you...." One was not going to like the idea of teaching H-30 anything, but Tybalt. Well. Tybalt saw things differently from One. He didn't see H-30 as a killer. He had helped them. Maybe, with more knowledge, he could help them again.

H-30's expression dropped a bit when Tybalt told him he couldn't give him a corpse. When he asked what kind of videos did he want, he resolved that, for now, he should leave the matter of the human body aside. He still had chances of getting that so called 'anatomy book', and maybe that would clear things up. Until then, maybe changing subjects would be a good a idea.

'How about a video about machines? And if machines are as complicated and diverse as the human body, well... Don't ask me what kind of machine I want to see, because I don't know them. Just show me your favourite one.' He said, still trying to compromise to please Tybalt as well as himself, so the other would still want to share his knowledge.

Machines. Okay. He nodded, thinking about what his favorite one might be. He had a lot of favorites. "I can show you one better than a video, if you want to wait for it." he suggested. "I can go get it right now. I built it myself, and you can examine it in person if you want." He decided. It was harmless, and he was pretty sure H-30 wouldn't be able to use it against anyone even if he wanted to. If he accidentally or on purpose broke it he could always fix it too. "Or, I can just show you a video. Its up to you, if you don't want to wait for me to get it."

If H-30 wanted to learn about machines, and Tybalt offered to bring an actual machine, then that was almost the equivalent of him bringing him a corpse when he wanted to learn about the human body, right? It was the best option.

'I'll wait. After all, I have so many interesting things to do...' Well, he was being kept in a cage. He could agree to wait, as much as Tybalt could tell him to wait and go away. He didn't have a lot of options on how to spend his time. He chuckled a bit, getting a hang of how humans showed their good mood. 'I like sarcasm. I don't know why humans put that in their language, but it's funny.'

"I think sarcasm is a passive aggressive technique, and thats so much easier than aggressive aggressive." He responded with a wink. He got up out of his chair. "I'll be back in several minutes." he added. He left the room then, heading back down the hall and to his own room. He grabbed the tiny machine and headed back, and as he promised he was back in a few moments. He was hearing some strange things as he came down the hallway, but he ignored them for now. He could deal with that later. For now, he was kind of intent on showing H-30 his machine.

He came back into the room, presenting it to H-30. It was just barely small enough to fit through the slot. "This is one I built. Its ... well I havn't named it yet. But its for 3-D blue print projection. So you can build a model out of whatever blueprint you have at any size right on the blueprint itself. Just press the button and then you can turn the knob for bigger or smaller images. I've only uploaded three blueprints in it so far but it will be capable of holding thousands with a searchable database."

H-30 stared at Tybalt intently when he winked at him, and then watched him go, his gaze fixated on his back. It wasn't too long before the man was back, and H-30 was fiddling with the strange machine in his hand. He checked out what printing meant, and then went back to examining the machine. 'You created this? Then humans' powers aren't as limited as I first thought.'

He stood up and held the machine in front of Tybalt's face, on the other side of the glass. 'How do I see what it does? And what does 3D mean?'

Tybalt snorted a little. "Nice to know we aren't as so limited as you first thought." He said with a grin. That was kind of funny, if not a tiny bit offensive. He didn't even know how to use it though, and he promptly turned it on and then showed H-30. "See?" He asked. "I can build lots of machines that do all kinds of things. Its fun and therapeutic for me, I guess. Not everyone can build machines like I can though." He explained. "But our world is made up of tons of machines. The televisions are a machine. Those are way easy to build though. At least for me." He pushed his hair out of his face.

"Anyway, 3D is the third dimension. As apart from 2D like drawings and the words in your dictionary. Make sense?"

'It's okay that not everyone in your world is able to create things like this. Everyone has different strengths.' H-30 commented, still examining the object. He didn't understand one thing about how it was built, but he felt sympathy for the machine. He quickly looked up the meaning of "dimension" and muttered softly "Makes sense... Kind of..."

He pressed the printer against his cheek, rubbing it as if he was a cat. 'Aw, it likes you. It's a bit afraid of me though.' He said with a pleased face.

Yes. Everyone had different strengths. That was true. His eyebrows drew together, however, when he said that it liked him. "Er... H-30... machines... they don't feel anything." If H-30 was going to say that machines had feelings and thoughts and such Tybalt might have to go lay down. "Why do you think that they do?" He added, rubbing at his temples a bit. He supposed it was nice to hear that his machines liked him. He poured everything into making them, but at the same time it was also nice to know that machines were emotionless.

'I think that become I perceive its feelings.' H-30 kept rubbing the machine against his cheek, sensing how the machine was starting to trust him. 'It says that it likes you and it promises that it won't be like other printers, plotting to ruin your work when you have to print stuff in bulk, stopping working.'

His eyes focused on Tybalt. 'Why do you think they don't feel anything?' He wondered if, only for being "created" instead of "born", that meant he couldn't have feelings. 'Do you think I don't feel anything either?'

Tybalt half coughed half laughed when H-30 said what the machine promised. On the one hand it was hilarious, and on the other hand it was terrifying. He covered his mouth, and once he was done coughing he pushed his hands across his cheeks and then down, smooshing up his face and then elongating it until his hands were off of his face completely. This was way too much. He really did want to just lie down, and he was thinking about telling H-30 that he needed to sleep now when he asked something else.

His lips puckered into a strange sort of frown and his eyebrows came down and together, expressing both concern and upset. "Of course I don't think that." He responded. "Why do you think I would think that?"

'I don't know. I'm just trying to follow your line of thought.' H-30 replied immediately, shrugging his shoulders. He then imitated Tybalt's gesture of pressing and stretching his face, his blank expression making it look funny. 'I'm at loss of what that gesture means.' He said out loud, ending up with no conclusions after trying it out himself.

'You don't feel alright. Do you want to stop here?' he asked, suspecting that gesture didn't mean anything good.

Status
Not open for further replies.