The IBIF Chronicals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tybalt nodded his head just barely when H-30 said thanks. He had meant for him to hear it, if only so that he could rest at ease a little bit. When H-30 basically decided that they all needed to sleep, Tybalt smirked a bit. "I don't think you quite understand that much." He responded with a shrug. "We don't need sleep EVERY time something strenuous has happened. I'm okay to stay here for now, if you want to play."

There were suddenly a lost more things he wanted to ask H-30 about, and of a completely different nature than he'd originally intended. Reaching up, he pulled his hair tie out of his hair, regathered up the hair, and then pulled it back again. He would ask One later though, in a follow up report, about the book H-30 wanted. He believed now more than before that he didn't have any malicious intents with it. It would be a lot easier to ask and perhaps, persuade.

Last edited by a moderator:
H-30 didn't look up from the dictionary. He was passing pages far quicker now. He was getting more and more fluent in reading, the more he practiced. 'Humans' bodies and their needs and functions certainly are a mystery to me.' He replied without bothering to act like he needed to stare at Tybalt with his fake eyes.

'If you're so thirsty for information, I don't need to sleep either, so we can keep playing.' He added, letting the other know he was up for it too. 'Your turn.'

Tybalt thought about all the questions he still had. He rubbed at his chin - a bad habit of his when he was thinking. "Well...." He said, pulling up a computer chair to sit down in instead. "What are the things your people are good at doing?" He figured he would ask this for two reasons. 1) It wasn't personal to H-30, so it would be easier to answer. 2) It would still help the Organization, and that was important since a lot of the questions he wanted to ask wouldn't. It would just satiate his own curiosity.

'There's no specific answer for that. While we can operate in whatever role we're wanted, we're all proficient in a specific skills set, which isn't the same for all of us.' He made a short pause before continuing, doubting if he wanted to let out more information.

'I know for sure I was created to be a warrior. I don't know if I was created to be strong against a certain race though. There are others, for example, who aren't as good when it comes to fighting, but are very intelligent. Many of my race, in my place, would have read this book already...' he said referring to the dictionary. '...and would understand your language in detail, and on top of that, would be able to write your language easily.'

Now he moved his body so he "glanced" at Tybalt. 'Is it my turn now?'

Varied was hardly a response, but Tybalt shrugged. He would reword his question next time, that was all. "Yes, your turn." He agreed. It was interesting that H-30 made sure before he proceeded. Tybalt would say so if he didn't think it was his turn. He didn't say anything about this though, he just let H-30 continue with what he was doing.

It was interesting, getting to know this person and species like this. Questions back and forth to be answered in what was, probably, the most honest way they knew how. It wasn't how humans naturally did things, and it certainly wasn't how Tybalt did things with invaders. He was kind of glad that they were like this though.

'You know, it's getting harder and harder for me to think of questions. I've got so much knowledge to try and absorb with this book already..." H-30 commented, as he tried to ask of a good question that wouldn't be a waste of his turn.

Then he remembered one of the words he was most familiar with right now, in the S section of the dictionary, his favourite one. 'I read in this book the word "sex", and I remember seeing the word in the News once. The words has many different definitions, and most of those mention humans are either 'male' or 'female'. I read the definitions of those words too, but I'm not sure I'm understanding what they mean. Could you explain to me what males and females are?'

Tybalt hesitated. "Well... I'm not the best person to talk to about this." He prefaced. "And for the most part, the idea of male and female and gender and sex are all going to differ depending on the people you talk to. For instance, I would say there's a lot more besides male and female as far as humans are concerned, but a lot of people will say that there is only female and male." Tybalt sighed. This was a length and complex subject, and even Tybalt didn't have all of his views sorted on it. "I, for instance, an male. What makes me male..." Tybalt shrugged. "I suppose its because that's what I identify as. But some people arent male or female and some people are both, some people are one thing one day and one thing the next day, and it really just depends on the person. I've always been male though, and I apologize that I'm not doing such a great job on this subject. It doesn't really have anything to do with your physical appearance, although some people would argue that it does. Some people argue that it depends on whats between your legs that makes you male or female but I don't think so." Tybalt shrugged again. "Am I making any sense at all?"

H-30, as seen from the outside, stared at Tybalt with a blank expression. But in the inside, his mind was racing with all the information Tybalt was giving him, and if it was confusing for the man himself, H-30 had no hope of understanding it at all. "So... According to some humans, there are humans capable of switching sexes... Does it mean there could be some humans who are shapeshifting, like me?" He asked out loud.

When Tybalt added that other humans said your sex was determined by what they had between their legs, he looked down at himself and parted his legs a little. He then turned around to face Tybalt, and pointed at the smooth area that was his crotch. 'I have this between my legs. Does that make me male or female?' he asked, complete lost in the subject.

Tybalt scratched at his head and then his chin again. He shook his head at the question about shape shifting. "No. No shape shifting." He wasn't even going to get into trans surgery. It was hard to explain this to H-30 when he didn't have any concept of what being human was. Explaining it to a small child was way easier. He'd done it before.

"Like I said. I wouldn't assume one thing or another based on whats in between your legs. You, however, have no human parts between your legs. The majority of humans have either a vagina or a penis and you have neither." Tybalt went on.

H-30 hastily looked for those two new words Tybalt had used. When looking up "penis" and "vagina" though, many new mysterious terms appeared, that required a deeper knowledge of the human body. 'Ah... This is too confusing...' He whined when he was done reading the definitions.

He looked up at Tybalt. 'What do you have between yours? Are you male or female?' he asked, hoping a practical example would provide some clarity in all of this.

Tybalt sighed. It was confusing, but he wished that it wasn't. "I am a male. And I have a penis." he responded. "Its just that not all males have penises, and not all people with penises are males." He shrugged. "Its just kind of something you'll get the hang of as youre here..."

H-30 felt tempted to ask Tybalt if he was messing with him, but in all honesty the man looked like he was completely serious about this. He closed the book, decided to put the subject aside, at least for the moment. 'Whatever. Your turn.'

Tybalt raised his eyebrows, but he smiled a little bit. Whatever, hm? "Alright. To your knowledge, what can your people do that mine can't?" This might be a long list, but he might as well ask it. Just to help him get some sense of what they were going up against.

'That will come with lots of assumptions on my side. Most of my experience with humans is limited to the time I've spent with your people here. Plus there are still a lot of things I know that I don't know how to name in your language. Plus not everything applies to me.' H-30 warned the man before starting.

'As you saw back there, some of us can go through tangible objects. We can have intangible bodies. We can alter the world around us through the power of thought. We can change our appearance and... Huh, the properties of our bodies together with our appearance. Given enough knowledge, we can mimic all the functions of another species' bodies. We can shift the appearance of beings and objects that aren't ourselves, together with its properties and everything. We can alter other beings minds. We can live and travel comfortably in the space between planets. How much of all this we can do, and to what extent, is determined by our age and experience. I... I'm a weakling, honestly. I'm too young.'

He made a short pause, and then added 'But it's not like my people will send their strongest soldiers towards here.'

Lovely. H-30 said it like the human race wasn't even as big of a hurdle as to send their strongest soldiers. They were so screwed. Tybalt had no idea how they were going to defend themselves. How could they, when these aliens could not only change themselves, but the world around them too. He pulled at a strand of his hair and then let out a breath. Maybe he DID need to sleep on this. Still, the information was highly useful, even if they couldn't do anything about it.

"Great...." He answered sarcastically and dejectedly. "Go ahead and ask your question." Tybalt sighed.

H-30's question came quickly this time. 'How are you on the inside?' He asked with a shine of curiosity in his eyes. 'Are you like this?' he added turning his right arm into jelly, only to return it to its human appearance a couple of seconds after.

Tybalt's eyebrows knitted together again with H-30's question. "Er... no." He answered. "We have lots of stuff inside. But you do know that we aren't projecting this image of ourselves, right? This is what we really look like, and if our insides come outside we could die. We're made up of blood, muscles, fat, tissue, organs, and bones. I guess other stuff but I'm not an expert at that." Tybalt shrugged. He could tell you better what was inside a machine than he could a person. "We can lose a little bit of blood outside of our bodies. Thats what happens when we break skin - that red stuff. What are you trying to know specifically though?" He wasn't sure if he'd really answered the question or not.

Since Tybalt was the person H-30 was spending the most time with lately, he was starting to imitate the man's body language. He listened to Tybalt with interest, scratching his chin, looking like he was in deep thought. When the man was done, H-30 sighed heavily, and he opened the dictionary again. So many new words, so many things to try an understand from mere written definitions that didn't go too in depth.

'Just leave it there. Ask something else as I look up all of those words.' H-30 said, giving the turn to Tybalt.

Did H-30 have the capacity to look up things and answer questions? He didn't say anything though, watching as H-30 flipped through the book. He chewed on his lower lip a little, trying to decide if he wanted to ask the question that was echoing around in his head. He wasn't sure that he wanted to know the answer, but he was going to ask it anyway. He just had to know, whether it was something he really wanted or not. "Why did you save me?" Tybalt hated to use the word 'saved'. He liked to believe he would have been perfectly fine without anyones help, but he had to admit it was a saving this time. He just couldn't understand it. It wasn't as if Tybalt had been particularly nice to H-30. It didn't make much sense.

H-30 didn't make his body look up. He just spoke as he read the book. 'You're the one who's been the nicest to me here. You got me this book, and earlier you were the only one who figured out what I ate and fed me properly.' He said referring to that one time when the scientists connected pain causing scanners to his supposed brain, when he misunderstood everything that happened. For him it had been something good, and he understood the scientists did that because it was what Tybalt would have suggested, so in his eyes, it was thanks to Tybalt.

'I feel grateful towards you for that, so I defended you from... Huh... Him.' He finally added the feelings behind that event.

Status
Not open for further replies.