The Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robin man

Original poster
@IceQueen )

A new day has dawned on the city of Fury. The city's people were already up and started their daily routines, the shops were opening up, the city gates were opened for all of the traders that been waiting to come in and trade. Near the center of town, a man in white walked out of an abandoned house. The man was known to some as Roland, but to most they refer to as White Death, for a very good reason.

Roland was a war veteran of the Orc war in the western desert a decade ago. He was an infantry man that was always in the front lines. During this time out there, he learned many ways to kill most creatures. It was this reputation and his skills that got the attention of the organization. The organization was an secret group of men and women that are assigned to defend each major settlement from monsters, and to keep it a secret.

Roland made his way up to the rooftop of the building. He looked around for a moment before he started running towards the largest tower. He leapt across each roof as everyone kept on with their usual life's. It took him about five minutes to get their from his start. He walked into the tower silently. "This announcement better be good." He thought to himself as he made his way.

Deep within the largest tower (which is also the castle) on the lowest level, six people in hoods were discussing about recent events, one of them noticed Roland walking in. "Roland. Please stand in the center please." Roland walked to the center without questioning. Another councilman cleared her throat before she said. "Roland, we've been keeping track of some of your recent assignments, and we think it's time for you to get another student under your wing."

Roland titled his head curiously before he said. "Are you sure about that? You should know that I'm not the teaching type of guy." The same member nodded. "But, your last one was an impressive member, and there's been an increase in monsters in the city, and we need more skillful members now." Another councilmen looked towards an side entrance. "Cora! You can come in now!" He called to her.

Council room
image.jpeg

Council man That called Cora)
image.jpeg
Other Members)image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Usually at the break of dawn the whole city came alive. And usually Cora was one of the many that would rise along with it. But today she was up bright and early, soft brown hair floating gently in the wind as she looked around. She appeared as if she was any other human, well she was, sort of. The fluffy ears that were usually a part of her costume were safely stowed away in public, which is where she was currently. Sitting outside the castle, pretending she was admiring it like everyone else was. But she was here for another reason entirely. Looking down at the note, she quickly shoved it into her pocket and slipped back through the crowd.

It didn't take long for Cora to worm her way into an alleyway that was free of prying eyes and thieves. In a flash, her outfit appeared, swirling up around her as the large and heavy circles materialized into her hands. It was just like usual, her ears being covered by velvety soft fabric and fingers gripping onto the rope. Grinning slightly, she crouched down to the ground before using her might to send her upwards, sailing above the rooftops easily, almost as if she was as light as a feather. It didn't take long for her to settle onto the rooftop, chains ruffling slightly in the breeze above the city. Yet the castle was still a large threatening shadow over her head.

Maneuvering around so she had the best angle to get in without drawing too much attention, Cora slipped over the castle walls, seeing non of the guards flinch at her presence. She quietly went into the tower and started the long flight of stairs downwards.

After finally reaching the bottom part of the stairs, she looked around, seeing that this was clearly the place where she was supposed to wait. It took forever, but she finally heard her name being called quite loudly from the other side of the door. Walking forwards, she released the rope around her weapon and pushed open the door into the vast room. Light still found this area of the tower, somehow, and she was briefly amused by the thought of them teleporting sunlight. Her boots clicked against the ground as she walked out, looking up at the six members that were surrounding the center of the room. In the center was a man in white, with long blades extending off his arms. Coming forward as far as she could, she gave a bow to the woman who had called her before standing up straight to face both her and the man in white.
@Robin man

The council woman nodded when Cora finally walked in. "Glad to see that you made it. Now Roland, this is Cora, the student in question." Roland looked over the new woman with a raised eyebrow. "She's a Neko. I guess you guys are really desperate." He said as he looked at the councilmen. "Don't be picky Roland, I know you're not a fan of nekos, but based on what we seen, she's more then capable to keep up with you." Said the tanned man with the large sword. In this world, nekos are seen in mixed views, most nekos are half humanoid, and half were creature of some kind, mainly wolfs and big cats, there are other variations, but they are rare. Most nekos carry a lot of the were creature treats and are seen as mindless anaimals, but a lot of them show the opposite, and recently, the city has allowed nekos to become actual citizens.

Roland rolled his eyes as he looked over Cora again. "I'll bring her out for a training run, and see how she does in the field." He said before he started walking to the door. "Come on Cora. I'll show you around the base." He told her before he got out of earshot, even though her ears were probably better then his own anyway.
@IceQueen

Cora could tell from the air around the man that he didn't like her already. Groaning internally, her ears flicked irritably under the hood, her fingers curling around the rope again to keep her occupied. She could hear his condescending tone, and she immediately wanted to slap him. Teacher or not, she was a full citizen. One of the first actually. She had been a shrine maiden for years, protecting the grounds of her home from demons, though there were few now that the order was taking care of them. So she decided to join, not that she knew it meant being a student.

Cora decided to keep her mouth shut until she was outside, bowing again as she headed to leave before following quickly behind him. She could hear the conversation resuming as she exited and let out a breath. "Finally, I can speak freely again." She murmured under her breath, fingers twitching in irritation. She had the urge to light his hat on fire, though she doubted that would get her good marks at the moment. So she walked behind him, in no rush to stand beside a man such as him.
@Robin man

The two were in a hallway that split into three ways. Roland looked back at Cora for a second when he could've sworn she said something. "What was that? And just to get this out of the way, I allow my partners speak freely. Now come on." He said before he walked down to the left first. At the end it showed a collection of over a dozen doors, six on each side, and one at the end. They were all the size of a guest room, they had stone walls and floors, a twin size bed, and a small bathroom at the opposite side of the room, and a small desk with some candles. "They're not know for size, but they are comfy." He told Cora as he looked over it.
@IceQueen

Cora looked at Roland, the tall and currently annoying man he was, and sighed. "I was saying that I can speak freely again, not that I needed permission to do so." She said, her tone irritable as she walked down the hall after him. The loops attached to her hat jangled softly against the attachments, creating a soft ripple of noise that passed through the stone cavern. Looking into the room that Roland was showing her, she crossed her arms. "About the same as the shrine." She said, walking inside, her ears twitching as she looked around. The loud echoing noises were going to be a constant irritation, but at the least the thick walls blocked out some noise.

Roland let Cora look around the room for a few minutes before he said. "Come on, I'll bring you to the local healer." He said before he started going right. Two minutes later, they made it to a chruch like room. It was light by a series of chandeliers, and it was about the size as a large church out in the city, it had a few rows of benches leading up to the podium with a few hunters here and there. At the podium was a line woman standing there. She looked at Roland and Cora. "Good morning Roland and Cora. I'm Liza, the healer for the hunters, don't let my bandages distract you." She told Cora, she was used to have people look at her weird because of her appearance.
@IceQueen

Liza
image.jpeg
Chruch room, just without the sunlight)
image.jpeg

Cora looked back at Roland as he called her away. Flicking her fingers, she wrapped her hands around the rope again, walking out of the room with him. The sound of their breaths echoed in her ears, along with her sharp metal shoes. Reaching the church, Cora looked around, the damp and dark air of the church permeating around her as she walked. Looking forwards to the healer, Cora drew on a nicer smile. It was easier to be kinder when she couldn't see someone's eyes looking her over. "I don't mind at all, pleasure is all mine Liza." She said nicely, ears flicking slightly

Liza gave Cora a slight bow. "Thank you Cora. If you need anything healed. Obviously come to me. And I can see that you're part fox, I don't see many of those, very unique indeed." Roland leaned over to Cora and whispered. "Before you asked how she knows, she can see into ones soul, so she knows almost everything about you already." He tried to explain simplest way possible, but there wasn't an easy to explain Liza's sight.

"And the fact that I can hear better then I can see." Liza added as she looked at the two. "And if you need me, I have a hunter with a broken leg I need to tend to." She said before heading towards the other side of the room. "Now if you would follow me again, I'll show you the training room." He told Cora before he went to a small door in the back. Through that door would be fairly large room that the left and right walls had weapons of all kinds hanging up, and a small arena looking area of the floor.

"This here is the training room. Now you'll show how well you fight."
@IceQueen

Cora raised an eyebrow at the woman, wondering for only a moment why she had said so before Roland leaned into her ear an whispered to her. Hitting his nose with her cloth covered ear, she glared at him. "You do realize that you didn't have to lean in for me to hear that right." She grumbled, glaring at him before bowing to the healer as they left the room.

It wasn't long before the two of them reached the training room, where he said she would prove how well she could fight. Scoffing slightly, Cora cracked her hands. She looked around at the array of weapons that lay around the room, though she stepped towards none of them. "Alright, what is my first test master." She said, sarcasm dripping from her words on the last sentence, her hands gripping the rope that was attached to her hat.

Roland rolled his eyes as he looked at Cora. "Alright. Your first test is myself." He said as he held out his two blades. "Now don't hold back." He said as he grew a slight confident smile as he looked at her. Roland would always fight against his students first before he would bring them out to the field, it would give them a idea on who the students are learning under. Sadly though, Roland never had to put into much effort into the first match, and he never expects the new students to much of a challenge, but you never know.
@IceQueen

Cora looked over at Roland and she raised an eyebrow. "Hold back? I wasn't dreaming of it." She smirked confidently, lowering herself into a crouched stance. Sure, he was taller than her, and he had the blades as a long range than she did, but she had boots on her side, boots which were made of a pretty solid material. And, she had fox fire, not that he knew about it. She would save that bit for later. Gripping the ropes around her hands, she ran forwards, as if she was going to attack him head on. Of course, she wouldn't, that was pretty much the most basic mistake one could make. Instead, she aimed to use his blades as a jumping ground to jump straight over him, and hopefully land a few hits to his back.

Roland squinted his eyes as he watched Cora running towards him. He felt her feet pressing down on his right arm, he waited for her to jump over him, which she did. When she landed, he spun on his left foot and aimed one of his blades to Cora. "Nice trick." He commented as he looked down at her.
@IceQueen

Cora looked up at Roland, her face still calm as ever as she glared at his blade. Kicking it upwards, she aimed another kick to the side that now had the blade soaring towards the sky.

Roland saw his blade coming up in the air, instinctively, he swung his other towards Coras kick, but he felt her boot hitting him in the abdomen. He grunted as he leaped back a foot or two. "Not bad, again."
@IceQueen

Cora smirked as the dull sound of metal against metal ran through the room. Watching him shuffle back, she moved forwards and dove in, as if she was going to cut his abdomen. Instead she leapt off the blades that came into block and tried to rotate around to whack him with the rings and spring back off.

When Cora was over him, he held out his blades, purposely putting them through the rings, he made sure that he had a confirmed hold of her, he shifted his weight forward and he would throw her.

Feeling the loops catch up in the blades, Cora feigned surprise and let him throw her away from him. Flipping, Cora easily landed on her feet, boots scraping loudly against the metal. Grinning, she flicked her fingers, feeling heat build in her palm. She charged him again, dodging to the right, hoping to get him to open up his arms and let her hit his chest.

Roland chuckled slightly at the sight of Coras Magic. "Interesting, she has magic before she's initiated. So she must have magic users in her bloodline." He thought before he rolled towards the left. "Already showing off the magic? That's one mistake." He told her as he watched her.
@IceQueen

Cora rolled her eyes. "Yeah well at the least I'm not a wimp who complains about everything. I am not revealing all my cards yet old man." She teased, slamming her fist into his stomach and letting the blue fire let loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.