The Hunger Games (OOC) (signups closed)

What year should be begin our Hunger Games at?

• The 49th annual Hunger Games!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • The 50th annual Hunger Games & second Quarter Quell!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • The 51st annual Hunger Games!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could detail a little bit on the paranoia/fear thing that would be cool. I'm just a little confused as to what it is; is she instilling this fear into other people or pushing it away from herself?
Otherwise, as Shadic said, accepted! I'll stick your character up on the list in a few minutes.

I also really like the theme you have for her xD

I updated it a bit... but its better explained IC.

@Stein It says you have another reserved spot on the front page; did I miss one of your CS's, or did I put down a wrong reservation, or perhaps have you not finished the CS yet? Just let me know ^^

To everyone:

The IC is up! I've yet to get my intro posts up, but I'll have them soon. We'll start on the day of the reaping; your intro post can include your character waking up, maybe some backstory, getting to the reaping, the selection, and getting onto the train. Once everyone is there you can do some train posts (collab with your district partner if you wish) and when everyone is ready we'll move on to the chariot rides!

I can either put the Quarter Quell card reading post up now, or during the chariot ride. I know it's usually announced ahead of the reaping, but it fits better if we start at the reaping, so I'll leave it up to everyone for when I'll post it.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/the-50th-annual-hunger-games.58121/

I think for cinimatic display the card read should be at the chariot rides, right when they all pull into the circle in front of president snow, but that's just me

I think for cinimatic display the card read should be at the chariot rides, right when they all pull into the circle in front of president snow, but that's just me
Well the problem is the tributes would all know what the Quell thing is at teh reaping. It might disrupt intro posts.

=.= but they don't have to know at the reaping what the thing is.... They just have to know its the quarter quell....... Whatever, just my thoughts on the matter, I'm just one out of the many

In the books they announced the Quell ages before the reaping. That's all I was thinking of

Yeah I was just saying that since this is technically AU since we are already directly contradicting what really happened in the 50th, then any small modifications like when the card is read shouldn't be a big deal. They can hear that this is the quarter quell at the reaping and find out the conditions at the chariot ride. I figured since we aren't using anything that affects how the tributes are being taken or how many or who, then it isn't pertinent information for the tributes to know right away. (Lol, totally just had the idea of a quell 'everyone must be 12')

I noticed there was a spot for the District 4 male. Is it still open?

Name: Adam MacDonald

District:4

Token: A golden ring.

Appearance:
Vladimir-Dracula-vladimir-dracula-27618239-500-263.png

Personality: Adam is intelligent, he knows how to survive, but he has a very bad temper. People can get under his skin easily which isn't alsy a good thing. He has no problem killing, until it comes to a beautiful girl who needs rescuing. Then he just ignores his gut and will do anything for the girl.

Skills: Adam's crap at pretty much everything except how to eat, drink, and how to use a staff. (It's a weird choice for a weapon since it's not shar or anything but if your strong enough it will do damage. So i thought it would be interesting)

Strengths: Adam's clever, powerful, strong and kinda quick

Weaknesses:He is terrible at hiding, he's noisy, and cannot disguise himself at all. If someone saw him he would hope to out run them or kill them. He would have no hope at hiding.

Background history: Adam's family was one of the poorest in District 4. He trained at the academy, not for glory, but so he could enter the hunger games to accomplish one of two things; get money and wealth for him and his family or die and would mean one less mouth to feed for them. Since they were poor his father taught him how to survive using the world around them. They rarely ever got out of the district cause of the fence and the peacekeepers. But his father had friends so they got out about once every 6 months.

Adam/14/Male/4/Wopster

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wopster the watch needs to be changed because of unfair advantage, but other than that, Adam is accepted

Name: Adam MacDonald

District:4

Token: A gold watch (Is that allowed or would it be classed as a unfair advantage?)

Appearance:
Vladimir-Dracula-vladimir-dracula-27618239-500-263.png

Personality: Adam is intelligent, he knows how to survive, but he has a very bad temper. People can get under his skin easily which isn't alsy a good thing. He has no problem killing, until it comes to a beautiful girl who needs rescuing. Then he just ignores his gut and will do anything for the girl.

Skills: Adam's crap at pretty much everything except how to eat, drink, and how to use a staff. (It's a weird choice for a weapon since it's not shar or anything but if your strong enough it will do damage. So i thought it would be interesting)

Strengths: Adam's clever, powerful, strong and kinda quick

Weaknesses:He is terrible at hiding, he's noisy, and cannot disguise himself at all. If someone saw him he would hope to out run them or kill them. He would have no hope at hiding.

Background history: Adam's family was one of the poorest in District 4. He trained at the academy, not for glory, but so he could enter the hunger games to accomplish one of two things; get money and wealth for him and his family or die and would mean one less mouth to feed for them. Since they were poor his father taught him how to survive using the world around them. They rarely ever got out of the district cause of the fence and the peacekeepers. But his father had friends so they got out about once every 6 months.

Adam/14/Male/4/Wopster
Accepted! The IC is up, you can post whenever. We're starting at the reapings.

EDIT: I didn't find he watch as much of an unfair advantage; time is not a valuable asset in the games, but perhaps if you could say it doesn't function, that would be cool.

I noticed Adam doesn't have a last name. Do you wish to add one before I put his name up?

Why did i never get the alert when rainjay posted in the Ic?! Dx and now I'm too busy to post and have to wait till tomorrow

Why did i never get the alert when rainjay posted in the Ic?! Dx and now I'm too busy to post and have to wait till tomorrow
I don't get so many alerts it's ridiculous. There's probably a buttload of threads that I haven't looked at that I need to x-x

I changed the watch to a ring and i'll reply to the rp now.

Wait.... If Adam has a ring made of gold, why the heck haven't they sold it?!?
It's probably a family momento
Shut up tiny voice in my head!

Not sure what to do with that last career spot if nobody takes it. The career wouldn't logically die... >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.