DEAD RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yeah, she did get crushed by a piano.~

[GALLERY=media, 6730]Occult Club by Chaikit posted Jul 15, 2015 at 12:42 AM[/GALLERY]

Name:
Trauciel Hilbred

Other Names:
Trau (pronounced "trow")

Occult Society

Real Age:

Species:
Ghost

Genre:
Supernatural

Description:
While she stands at 1.67 metres tall, Trauciel is virtually weightless (on account of being a ghost). Having left her physical body behind, Trau chooses to don the outfit of a maestro as a ghost. Her hair is white and her skin pale - the only outlying factor to all this blandness being her deep red eyes. She's a B, but pays no mind that fact, as it means little to her anyway.

Personality:
Trau is a very self-confident person, to the point of being overestimating of her own abilities (even though her physical combat skills are almost nil). She keeps to herself, but won't mind butting into things just to show how sassy and overbearing she can be. The poltergeist isn't really one to help others, and is known to only do so in return for payment or so someone owes her a favor later on. The girl is relatively calm in a fight, but can get a bit crazy if someone actually manages to "push her hard enough against the wall".

History:
Trauciel Hilbred was born to a well off family full of renowned individuals. Her father was an artist and her mother was a musician. They raised her to be proficient in both talents, but she much preferred the flute over the brush. Unfortunately, this would eventually lead to problems with her elder sister, Karicia Hilbred.

Although she was born first and had practiced music for far longer, Karicia faltered in comparison to Trauciel. Both had their eyes on becoming musicians. Their father, who wanted Trauciel to take up the brush with him, put much stress on Karicia to become a better musician so Trauciel would give up the flute and join his side as an artist. Much to his dismay, Karicia could never catch up to Trauciel.

Becoming enraged at how easily things came to her superior sibling, along with the stress coming from her father, Karicia's behavior became more and more reckless. On the day that a piano was being delivered to their house for Trau's 17th birthday, the 20-year-old mustered all the strength she could and pushed the piano (which had wheels on the legs) out of the music room window, where it fell on top of Trauciel, who was petting the family cat (who luckily escaped injury).

Trauciel died upon being crushed by the piano, and her worldly goals and regrets kept her tethered to the world as a ghost. At her funeral, her sister, who was grief-stricken over what her actions had caused, placed a hand puppet with her sister in the coffin before she was buried, along with her favorite flute.

Unhappy with her death, Trauciel donned her current maestro outfit and decided to mess with aspiring musicians who were following their dreams. This didn't start right away, but began simply as an urge while watching other musicians succeed past the point where her hopes were crushed, literally. After a year of suffering, she broke and began torturing musicians, starting with her sister, who, despite her causing her death, was following through with her desires to make a name for herself in music. Using her transforming conducting baton (her former favorite flute) to play horrifying symphonies, and her hand puppet (which allowed her to interact with physical objects and people), Trauciel drew her sister to madness until she ultimately killed herself (leading Trau to garner another skill).

After causing the death of her sister, Trau didn't stop there. She continued to haunt musicians, leading many of them to death, and eventually grew to love the experience and treat it as a game. Her range would soon increase, until she was targeting not only musicians, but other talented people as well. She'd decided that her success would be in their failure.

Unbeknownst to her, there are people who can actually see and combat poltergeists such as herself. Her first encounter with one nearly ended up in her being erased from existence from being caught off guard, but she was able to fight back using her baton magic and her hand puppet. Future encounters would all too easily end the same way - with her adversary laying in a puddle of their own blood and her triumphing over them, laughing as she relished in her "success".

Her actions soon warranted attention from an elite group of ghosts, who asked her to take in a job for them - to locate and capture a girl that was viewed as having extraordinary spiritual power. It was rumored that she was attending a school, which Trau was happy to go along with. Schools meant talented people, and many opportunities for her to further her "success".

Equipment:
A conducting baton that can transform into various musical instruments and a hand puppet with a mind of its own.

Abilities:
Lullaby - Trau plays a song that puts all who hear it to sleep. How long it takes depends on the person's will, and it can range anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

Trance - Trau plays a song that puts all who hear it into a trance, making them dazed and confused for a short time. Like Lullaby, how long it takes for the effect to take place depends on the person. In addition to taking a certain amount of time to take effect, it also wears off after a period of time. This period of time is also dependent on the person.

Hand Puppet - Using her hand puppet, Trau is able to interact with the physical world. She can use this to attack people with objects such as knives, along with anything else she sees it useful for.

Invisibility - As a ghost, only people with heightened spiritual sense can see her.

Daydream Orchestra - This ability allows Trau to play a large array of tunes at a time, making it sound like an orchestra. The ability works on one person at a time and causes a great echoing of distorted music in the person's head, causing their head to ache, and possibly become confused or disoriented. It is during this time that Trau will launch an attack. Unfortunately, this ability takes a while to set up before it can be used.

Nightmare Symphony - This ability is much like Daydream Orchestra, but it may only be used on sleeping targets (usually followed up after Lullaby). This one, however, causes mental damage and can leave a target scarred. Music like an orchestra is played as the sleeping target is pulled into a world where they are forced to watch all of their worst nightmares play before their eyes. This ability takes a while to set up but can be used for as long as the target is sleeping (though the trauma usually causes them to wake up).

Double Note - This ability allows Trau's baton to transform into a clone of herself which resembles her elder sister. This clone also wields a hand puppet much like Trau (only on the opposite hand), and can use it to fight. If the clone is hit with any form of spiritual energy, it dissipates instantly. Another downside to this is that Trau is unable to use any other abilities while the baton is a clone. As such, she usually uses other abilities first before using this.

Skills:
As a ghost, Trau can levitate and permeate physical objects. Other than that, she can cook and has amazing musical talent.

Companions:
Her baton clone and her hand puppet, named Sebbie.

Reasons for joining club:
On a mission to capture the girl who is said to possess extraordinary spiritual power. That, and to further her "success".

Other Information: While the hand puppet only becomes physical while in direct contact with something physical, if it should be burned with fire in this state to the point of incineration, Trauciel would cease to exist.​

Forgive me for not fancifying the text and whatnot. I'm on a phone, so just getting the application filled out with little to no spelling and grammar errors is enough for me.

Capture Akira? This could introduce some pretty interesting plot points. Plus, the Occult Club members may want Akira for themselves, or protect her, so this rolls in for a nice smell of... whatever that's supposed to smell like.

A question - can Akane and Akira see her? It's plausible that their club members can, but can the Akizuki sisters see your character?

That being said, I'll look through your application again.

Last edited:
Capture Akira? This could introduce some pretty interesting plot points. Plus, the Occult Club members may want Akira for themselves, or protect her, so this rolls in for a nice smell of... whatever that's supposed to smell like.

A question - can Akane and Akira see her? It's plausible that their club members can, but can the Akizuki sisters see your character?

That being said, I'll look through your application again.
Assuming they have the high amount of spiritual energy that I'm assuming they do, yes, they'd easily be able to see her.

Assuming they have the high amount of spiritual energy that I'm assuming they do, yes, they'd easily be able to see her.

Well, I doubt Akane is able to see her now, but maybe Akira can.

I'll have to think about it, because Akane and Akira are literally the only ones who don't have cool abilities and all that. Maybe I'll discuss it with @Gator once he/she's less busy.

I have a hunch that we'll end up with 'let's make them somehow able to see her despite lacking that one condition' or maybe we'll end up with just Akira capable of seeing her.

Another question - is she a student in the school? Everyone else is, after all.

Last edited:
Well, she can enable people to see her at will. She'd probably do that unless she didn't want to be messed with.

Is she allowed to not be a student? She just sorta showed up, but if that's not alright, I can make it so that she allowed the staff to see her so she could register as a student (though she can't really sit in chairs or anything).

Is she allowed to not be a student? She just sorta showed up, but if that's not alright, I can make it so that she allowed the staff to see her so she could register as a student (though she can't really sit in chairs or anything).
Alright then. But do note if she's not registered a student, it'll be easier for the two crews to find something fishy, like "There's no such student in the school? Bu- but... then..."

Yeah that does smell Supernatural-y.

Yeah OK I guess the Akizukis will see her when she allows them to.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wryneck
@Chaikit Would it be alright if Arthur was able to see her in general? Being an aspiring necromancer, and all.

I like Trau! Now I'm tempted to create a Paranormal Investigator type character to be her opposite number...

• Thank You
Reactions: Wryneck
@Thomas McTavish, I'm really leaving it up to the individual whether or not they can see her. As a general rule though, anyone with a higher spiritual sense than the average human would be able to see her, or at least sense her (normal humans can't even sense her presence, so someone slightly more spiritually attuned may be able to sense her, but not see her).

@Thomas McTavish With what she said, it more than likely means that of all of the chars, our two are among the top in ability to see her....

I forgot to mention something about her double note ability. She can only maintain the clone so long as she's making contact with it somehow. So it's sort of useless for anything other than battling or keeping her company.

I like Trau! Now I'm tempted to create a Paranormal Investigator type character to be her opposite number...

I'll start turning my mental wheels and poking around in search of a picture I like, but if someone beats me to it (especially a new player) it's OK with me.

I'll start turning my mental wheels and poking around in search of a picture I like, but if someone beats me to it (especially a new player) it's OK with me.
Godspeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.