The Hero Club's Misadventures! | 勇者部の災難! | Yuushabu no Sainan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Runa's heart sank as a number of the club members left the room right after the other, quickly followed by the president. Everyone sounded like such interesting people, but it seemed like they just weren't getting along. She didn't get up to run after them because the room would quickly be empty if the trend continued, and then the club meeting would spill out into the hallway. Also, well, there was still food in the club room. Not that she had been continually eating. Someone would have eventually noticed and called her out on that.

She looked to the others in the room, a little confused and worried. "So...um...I get the feeling it's going to be a rocky start." She added a few choice words for Jonathan, "I don't think you need to worry too much, it's just a little unusual to see someone who takes things at face value? Like, it seems like you don't have a sense of humor?"

Meanwhile, Sophia had finished wandering the school grounds. It was easy enough to pose as a foreign exchange student and slip right in, particularly with a little help falsifying electronic records. So far, she hadn't found anything unusual that would even hint at why the Architects would be interested in the place, but orders were orders, and she couldn't afford to let her guard down just because things looked ordinary. Besides, there was at least one enemy agent she needed to find.

She wandered down the hallway, looking for a certain club whose flyer had caught her eye. She passed by Oyama, Sayuri and Akane, on the way to the Occult club room, and poked her head in after knocking on the side of the door frame. "Yo~ This the Occult Research Club," she asked, cheerfully. "I like a little tarot and stuff, so I thought I'd fit right in." To anyone who saw her, two things were immediately obvious: one, she's a foreigner, and two, she's either short, young, or more likely, both.

Last edited:
Sayuri:

To Sayuri's relief, Oyama wasn't angry with her, but she still couldn't figure out how to fix things so that the club would be at least as well off as it had been before she arrived. Then Akane emerged.

"You three alright," she inquired politely.

Three? Oh, right, the AI collar. But...if the AI is really a person, isn't it pretty cruel to trap him or her in a collar like that? Like prison, only worse?

"I think Jonathan will need this club. And this club will need you. Pep up, kids! This may be a hectic day, but I'm sure there'll only be more hectic days in the past and future~ ☆!" Akane said brightly. Not the best sales pitch Sayuri had ever heard... "Alright, I think I worded it badly but..."

"Um...OK, maybe we could give it another go?" she asked Oyama and his collar.

Taking a hold of one of the headbands, Hospitaller struggled to get it onto her head properly. Getting caught against Hospitaller's Kiara. After a bit of a struggle, Hospitaller gave up. Simply letting the headband sit awkwardly crossing in between the gaps in the tiara spikes. It looked like it would easily fall of just by her standing up. However, Hospitaller continued to look content. Her particular headband had a large velvet bow on top, a bow that hospitaller found herself toying around with as the club meeting continued.

She turned to Akira, causing the loose headband to slip more to one side of her head.

"Gracious."

After this Hospitaller pointed to herself.

"Hospitaller. Cultist Club, join!"

She appeared to be introducing herself. She looked around at the various seen and unseen entities in the room without a hint of ill will.

"Want?" She asked, seeking Akira's confirmation.

However, immediately a knock came from the beaded entrance-way into the club. Turning to the door, Hospitaller saw yet another short girl, with gold twin tails. Poking her head in, this girl announced her intentions to join the club.

Turning red, the bowed headband finally fell off of Hospitaller's head. For some reason, she sort of regretted what she had just said out loud. Probably from how she managed to jump a little when she heard the knocking. Hospitaller, on this rare occasion, failed to notice this person's arrival beforehand.

("Lamps. Big distraction.")

In the end, she turned back to Akira, seeing what she was to do next.

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=transparent]After reexamining the cat profiles Jonathan stood up and approached the whiteboard while saying "I don't understand, if we don't take things at face value how could we even understand each other?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Johnathan wrote Hiss and shuu next to his name, then turned around to face Runa to say "and besides I do have a sense of humor just listen. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon resulted in many dogfights between Syrian and Israeli jet fighters.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]In the end, the Syrians lost over 80 planes and had a number of SAM batteries knocked out, while the Israelis lost no planes.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sometime later, the Syrian Defense Minister was shopping for weapons in Moscow.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]His host, the Soviet Defense Minister, was embarrassed about the scorecard from Lebanon.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He told his Syrian guest, 'Take anything you want - our best tanks, rifles, or surface-to-air missiles.'[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]'No, no - you don't understand!" the Syrian replied. "Last time you gave us surface-to-air missiles. This time we need surface-to-*jet* missiles!"[/BCOLOR]

Oyama let out a sigh at the club's founder running out after him.
"Oyama. As of current you are simply avoiding the problem. Removing yourself from the equation does nothing to solve it."
"I know dammit."
Why did iOS always have to be right when Oyama least wanted him to be?
"Yeah, I'm not gone just--clearing my head a little."

Jonathan was met with a confused stare from Runa for...a good while while he told his joke. And a little more afterward. She eventually did start to giggle and finally bark out a laugh. "Sorry...it took me a while to get that one." She paused for a while, choosing her next words carefully. "Maybe it's more, well...some people don't mean what they say? I'm not sure if it's different in the military? Anyway, just give everyone a chance, despite your misgivings. We're just delivering cats. And an owl."

Jem quickly went over the past couple of minutes again. Turning to Runa he decided to reply, "Well, in all honesty, that owl might as well be called a cat. Have you read the profile?" He laughed slightly and turned to Jon, "I'm sorry, but I don't really get your joke," Jem thought quickly, with one member revealing her existance of powers, maybe I can show her without issues. "But what little I do understand, Jon, is there is something called......... R and R? Maybe if you think of the situations in that pretext it will help you transition better."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Johnathan was disappointed with Runa's and Jems reactions. Maybe they'd understand the joke if he explained it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You see" Jonathan started "its funny because the Syrian Defense Minister would never go back to buy from Moscow after their weapons proved to be useless in there conflict." Then Johnathan paused to allow the joke to sink in.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And for your information two" Johnathan continued "I don't know what you're doing here but I will never go on R&R while i'm in the middle of a mission"[/BCOLOR]

"In, uh, any case," Hayazaki cut in, not really getting the joke even after it was explained, "It's not really a mission so much as it is a pastime. We're delivering cats. Not trying to go on some 'search-and-destroy' mission or whatever it is you do in those games."

It felt like perhaps some of these people had gotten too absorbed in their shooter games, or gundam games, or whatever they'd been spending their lives on.

Akane then saw, right behind her, a girl who was peering into the Occult Society Room via the door. "Good morning miss, are you looking for the-"

"Yo~ This the Occult Research Club, I like a little tarot and stuff, so I thought I'd fit right in."

Damn. So much for that. Her sister's club, huh? As she took a closer look, it was a foreigner. What was with the influx of foreign transfer students, she would wonder. Nevertheless, it was time to roll.

Akane looked at the other two. Or three. "Alright guys, let's do this!" She proceeds to slide the Hero Club door open.

"Ummm... s... sorry... this one will have to be private..." Akira responds to Akibo while blushing, on the verge of breaking out of character. She then snaps back in, while performing. "This garment is most sacred. It is only to be seen by the one I cherish the most, or the one I will cherish the most, and on the Age of a Thousand Suns."

Whatever that meant. After keeping it, she looks at Hospitaller with a smile, then proceeds to do one of those odd poses that seem to be taken from that anime thing with those 'Stands'. "Wahaha... someone of your calibre and great enthusiasm is always welcome into the Hall of Dark Heroes, my comrade."

Looking at Trau meddling with a headband, Akira looked at the hand puppet. "Oh? You possess a familiar spirit as well? I wonder how his capabilities par with Bahamut. What is its Earthly name?"

As soon as she had asked that question, a new entity had entered the dark den. She was more petite than her, but had this aura resonating from her.

"Wahaha! Perfect! The only thing that is allowed to interrupt the Sabbath, is a bigger Sabbath! Welcome, young traveller, my name is Akizuki Akira, the amalgamation of the dark depths of many eras and realms."

Trau's attention was averted towards the weird club leader that recently posed a question to her. Her eyes looked at the hand puppet that had long been attached to her since her funeral, and had followed her even into the spiritual plane, if one would call it that. The ghost would stare at it for a moment, almost becoming lost in thought before answering the girl with a smile. "Treble," she replied. In all honesty, it was the first time she'd even thought to give her beloved puppet a name.

Aside from being asked a question, she also heard the girl mention a "familiar spirit" of her own named Bahamut. It was a name she recalled hearing before, but she couldn't be bothered to remember where. More importantly, it seemed that this Akizuki girl was living up to the reputation bestowed upon her by the other spirits. Though, this was both a good and a bad thing.

She didn't seem to realize Trau's presence until she allowed herself to be seen by normal humans, but yet she talked about having a familiar spirit. It was a bit inconsistent. After all, talent enough to have a familiar spirit usually surpasses that of the ability to even see their kind.

"If it's alright, would I be able to see this Bahamut?" She finished her question just as yet another person entered the club room. Judging from the looks of her, she was a human like most of the others. It wasn't clear yet whether or not she'd be able to see Trau outside of her current state, but testing that would have to wait. Certainly, the entire room would become a bit awkward if she were to suddenly disappear from the sight of some of its occupants. For now, it was best to let those who could see her normally think that she was a mere low level spirit. God knows how much the leader of the Occult Research Club would freak out if it were revealed that one of them in the room was a legitimate ghost. Her entire element of surprise would lose all hopes of being successful. For now, she merely waved towards the newest member and greeted her with the friendliest smile she could manage.

"I'm...going to school," Runa answered, as if she were now unsure of that herself. "Isn't that all any of us is doing? It's totally awesome if you're on some kinda secret mission or whatever, though." She sounded genuinely impressed, and as if she completely believed that Jonathan was, in fact, on a mission. "Are you, like, some kinda badass teenage super-spy?"

Meanwhile, across the hall, Sophia stepped into the occult club room's subdued mood lighting. "Hm...nice little atelier you've got here, O Mistress of Dark Mysteries," she said, slipping right in to Akira's pace. "I'm Sophia Weiss," she introduced herself to all present, and bowed deeply in an overly-theatrical fashion, causing her twintails to whip fowards. "Just a dabbler in such matters myself, but I hear clubs are required, so I shall join your ranks. I transferred here recently so I'm still pretty new to the country. hope a mysterious interloper from a foreign land fits into the roster well enough." Her tone of voice and general demeanor suggested that while she was playing along a bit, she was definitely just happy to be there, rather than poking fun at her hostess.

She took an empty seat at the table, her eyes glittering in the dim light. "So, what manner of eldritch importance did I interrupt," she asked. She could set her eyes to better see in the dark, but using light-amplification would ruin the mood, and there was plenty to see by anyway. Spotting the cat ear headbands some were holding or wearing, she grabbed one for herself from the table, and tried it on impulsively.

Oyama scratched his head in a somewhat awkward fashion before walking back into the club room. How did one come back from leaving so abruptly?
"Yo."
Well . . . that was one way to do it. And this is where he wished sometimes that he was the one hiding in the collar. It was perfectly acceptable to stay silent then.
"Our apologies for the absence. One individual needed to 'clear his head'."

Sayuri:

Sayuri started to head back for the club room, when a familiar voice chilled her to the bone.

"Gracious."

It couldn't be! ...Could it?

"Hospitaller. Cultist Club, join!"

It is her! What do I do? She could massacre this whole school coming after me! 'Cultist Club?'

A girl walked past, headed for a door across the hall, this one marked with a poster emblazoned with an eye logo, and labeled "Occult Club." Don't go in there! It's dangerous! Sayuri thought, but couldn't say it. If Hospitaller heard her voice, chances were good she'd start killing people to get to her.

"Yo~ This the Occult Research Club," the other girl asked, cheerfully. "I like a little tarot and stuff, so I thought I'd fit right in."

Of course! That's the club Hospitaller would have expected me to join, so I could learn more about magic! Sayuri thought as she ducked into the Hero Club's room with sudden haste. She'll probably wait for me to show up there for awhile before she starts searching for me elsewhere. How did she even know I was here?! I have to warn them, but how? It looks like we've finally got Captain Punctuality convinced that this delivering cats thing is just about delivering cats, so now if I say, 'Oh yeah, there's an unstoppable killing machine here, and I'm her target,' he'll be sure I'm either crazy or part of an evil conspiracy!

No. I can't get them involved anyway. I have to draw her away from the school somehow, away from other people. How? Drop clues for her to find? Like a treasure hunt? Yeah...that could work, as long as she doesn't catch me in the act. But how do I make sure she comes after me instead of taking hostages and making me come to her?

Oyama followed her into the room, looking at a loss for words. "Yo," he managed. Then another voice spoke.

"Our apologies for the absence. One individual needed to 'clear his head'." Hearing the collar speak was still a little jarring, though Sayuri had much bigger things to worry about. She slipped over to the door, staying close to the wall as she approached and, stretching out her arm so she could keep her body and face from appearing in the doorway, she pulled the door closed quietly, turning the knob as she did so, turning it back to latch the door silently. Again willing herself to be invisible, Sayuri slipped back to her seat.

Arthur sat awestruck and dumbfounded by the sheer power of the anticlimax that had befallen his eyes. As the items were removed from the box, they seemed to greatly lessen in power. Cat-eared headbands and... was that a chainmail bikini? He grabbed the green headband, scrutinizing it with a tint of disgust. It became more and more difficult to take this "Tainted Bible" seriously. Could she even summon a simple fireball?

"Hospitaller. Cultist Club, join!" he heard, from the odd tiara-wearing girl. Eager, with poor grammar. Obviously foreign like himself. And... many other students here, he had noticed. An interesting fact. Her announcement was quickly followed by another individual entering, very obviously a foreigner with twin-tailed blonde hair. She introduced herself as Sophia Weiss, and asked what she had interrupted.

"Akira was just passing out what I assume to be cat-eared headbands infused with dark magic. Go ahead, miss Weiss, take one." Arthur answered, sighing as he put one on, face remaining stoic. There was obviously a reason for this, or it would not have occurred. Perhaps the wearing of the headbands is part of a very, very long ritual? He had seen some that took days to complete. Perhaps this was one of those. The young sorcerer decided it was best to assume this, for now.

Hospitaller was overjoyed with what sounded like her being accepted into the club.

"Gracious!"

With that settled, it seemed appropriate to go back and taker he seat. Hospitaller put her own headband back onto her head - or more like forced it back into being secured onto her Tiara.

Hospitaller, didn't have quite the vocabulary to explain what all of these people around her were. Nor was she really in a place to speak out to the club leader anymore considering she had already gotten the okay to join. She simply kept an expression of bated excitement, waiting to see what was to happen next. Though, not everyone necessarily shared such sentiment. For example, the 'ghost' who had came into the room first seemed to be trying to make a friendly face, but with great difficulty.

The answer seemed obvious.

"You."

Hospitaller said this, looking at the 'ghost' to catch their attention.

"Socially Inept!" Hospitaller then pointed to herself. "Same!"

Trau was fiddling around with the headband in an attempt to make it fit Treble's head, but it wasn't going very well. It was a mystery to her why she was even bothering with such a thing, but she had to manage a ruse somehow. Still, she was oddly attracted to it for some reason. Even if this host club of theirs couldn't even recognize her as a spirit, maybe she still possessed some power yet.

The ghost's uncovered hand instinctively clenched around the conducting baton she carried on her person when she heard her attention being summoned by the short, blue-haired female who'd spotted her before. Was she already making a move against her? She'd almost jumped towards the Akizuki girl to have a meat shield (though that wouldn't do much good considering that a combatant of spirits would know better than to use physical weapons), but was glad she didn't. The girl simply acknowledged that she and her were similar in their level of social compatibility.

"Aha... Yeah..." A somewhat forced smile crossed her lips at these words. "It isn't really easy being different. Most people don't carry a puppet around on them all the time. That's why we're all here though, right?" Though there wasn't any personal meaning in her words, it was true. A tall man dressed in a robe, a sadistic female who probably viewed herself God, a short girl with a limited vocabulary, and even this recently arrived member. All of them seemed what would be called different from the socially accepted norm. Perhaps there was more to this than Trau could safely leave as a mystery...

"He is present," Akira responds to Trau as he picks her sunglasses-donning Alligator Plushie from the table. "He hasn't revealed his true form in a while, but nevertheless, he has always been a great friend to me first, and a familiar second. Such is the way," Akira speaks, "as it has been that way for countless eons."

Akira then takes out the next item - what appeared to be Night Vision Goggles? This time, there was only one for Akira. She puts it on and scans the room. "Let's see... nothing odd to see here. I suppose its time will come soon," she lifts the goggles up. "My grand Hexagon appears to be complete, now that we have the individuals we require. We can begin the next phase. Wahaha!"

She looks into the box, and takes out a pair of model guns. "Modern weaponry. Some day, they will exceed the power of the ancients that has been lost before time started flowing... Oh! It's true! The next item for our sacred sabbath... lies right here."

She then takes out a deck of cards, seemingly a 78-card deck. "Over centuries, many races, religions and cultures have utilised these to determine their fate, their path, their destiny. Today, we performing this honoured ritual that has been worshipped for eons!"

Akira removes her headband and places it on the table, before she began to shuffle the cards rapidly. She shuffled with great, undeniable skill, or at least it was undeniable until the cards were scattered all over the table. One landed right in front of her face.

"Major Arcana 0: The Fool. It signifies the start of a journey. That is yours truly, Akizuki Akira! Wahaha!" Akira proudly laughs. "The Fool is no fool, or perhaps The Fool is a literal fool. It is both the ultimate and the underdog. The beginning and the end. An intriguing paradox indeed, much like a cat in a box. Wahaha!"

Akira then looks at the table. "I require assistance in order for this to proceed as planned," she says as she attempts gathers the scattered cards together.

Akane places her hands on the shoulders of Oyama and Sayuri.

"Well, we're all ready to rock now, aren't we~" Akane announces. "I understand that it's the first day, and we will always have conflicts if we don't know our differences! But the point of any gathering is to learn from all our arguments and end it well, like a good story~! Such is youth, such is life~ So anyways..."

Akane proceeds to view the updated writing on the board:

Pair 1
Akane
Se-c-re-t
Jonathan
Hiss & Shuu
Runa
Tsubasa & Shuu

Pair 2
Jem
4 Kitties & Sphinx
Sayuri
??? & ???

Pair 3
Oyama
??? & ???
Hayazaki
??? & ???

"Hmmm..." Akane says, "we kind of do have some conflicting details, then again, that little detail isn't a big deal, since we're travelling in groups anyways~. I'll just erase that extra detail and we're all good. Are you feeling better, Jonathan?"

Akane then notices something was up with Sayuri. "Yoshizawa-san, is something the matter?"

Last edited:
Jem noticed Sayuri acting odd just before Akane, but couldn't think up the words until after she said something. "You do look like you've seen a ghost, is everything okay? Did you run into a ghost?" He stood up and walked toward the door, taking a look around, he noted several people in the room across the hall. As he spun back into the room, he noticed a familiar presence, but ignored it. There's no way, it'd be too coincidental for him to be here. He walked back into the room and took he seat again, awaiting an answer. "If it's something that can be talked about, I bet all of us can help support you."

[BCOLOR=transparent]When Johnathan returned to his seat he was relieved to see Oyama and Sayuri come back. Not only did Akane prove she could lead but it gave Johnathan an excuse to ignore Runas question.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jonathan saluted Akane when she entered the room and replied "Ma'am I am more amused now If that's what you mean Ma'am"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Johnathan couldn't help but let out a small seigh. It was obvious that Sayuri was hiding something after all Johnathan had been saying that from the moment she first entered the room. Jonathan doubted that Sayuri would reveal any new information now and he also doubted that the other club members would allow him to push for answers but if Sayuri didn't say what Johnathan wanted to know now he would just have to find out later.[/BCOLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.