The Heavens' Academy for Godly Reincarnations (CLO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but I wanted to get the first post ):
I'm sorry that my life doesn't revolve around your desires?

@PastelChaos

Ah, life tends to happen. Sorry for seeming pushy, and I hope the rest of your week ends up well.
All good, dude. Thank you for being so kind! It's my bad, really, I'm just a little stressed out. Family vacations aren't too fun when you're the youngest adult, all I gotta say. I hope your week turns out good, too!

I'm sorry that my life doesn't revolve around your desires?
Don't worry, we'll rectify that one day. I'll start with enslaving a single country first though, I think. Seems more manageable.

Don't worry, we'll rectify that one day. I'll start with enslaving a single country first though, I think. Seems more manageable.
You can have Island. Nice, cozy, cold aand plenty of snow.

Quick thing: I really do appreciate you guys for not going too fast in the RP - It really helps with catching up, as well as doing so for those who are yet to make their first post. Whether you're going slow on purpose or life isn't taking a chill pill, I appreciate it (life's been kicking my ass lately, so I was mostly afraid of the RP going too fast once I started). Thanks again, guys~

Well, it seems to be around exam season. Iwaku in general is pretty slow at the moment, so I'm thinking that's the reason.
@Liky do you mean Iceland? I'd be OK with that. Iceland is beautiful. And it has a volcano where you can go inside the magma chamber.

This just occurred to me... if anyone for whatever reason during the IC conversation (or outside) says "Oh my God"... Who is going to answer? Imagine everyone just coming over saying "Yes? You called?"

This just occurred to me... if anyone for whatever reason during the IC conversation (or outside) says "Oh my God"... Who is going to answer? Imagine everyone just coming over saying "Yes? You called?"
That...is a really good question. XD I would imagine (At least, for my characters) that they would go out of their way to not say phrases like that, because that would mean addressing just yourself and no one else.

That made me realise how damn lazy the ancient hebrews were :D Didn't even give their god a real name, just called him "deity" (or at least, the ancient Aramaic word for it). It'd be like me calling a tank character "Tank" or a DPS "Gun" :D

Also, they got reshuffled by a super-god to be in a school, so would Oh My God refer to that super-deity?

There were names for God. In fact 72 names.
But that's just confusing. And also, isn't it actually illegal within Judaism to speak the name of the Judaic god? I do love that. Blasphemy to depict Mohammed in Islam but blasphemy to even name God in Judaism :D

Well technically, I think it was just to not speak God's name in vain. Christianity teaches that and people do say "OMG" quite often. That kinda qualifies XD.

Ah, YHWH(יהוה), that was the one. the kind of "true name" of God (although it still just means The Lord in Hebrew :P) You usually see it romanized as Jehovah, though, since the actual pronunciation is unknown (it became illegal to pronounce this name before Hebrew began writing down vowel sounds). It was typically referred to as "Tetragrammaton" by the greeks, meaning 'four letter word', because they had no way of knowing what it actually sounded like when spoken. To be specific, since around 3bce, only the High Priest of Judaism was allowed to speak it out loud, and even then, only within a tiny box within a certain temple referred to as the Holy of Holies. Since that temple burned down in 70ce, however, there is no longer any circumstance in which it is legal to say the word. When encountering the word in the Torah, Jews will say "Adonai" meaning My Lord, and in other circumstances they will read it as HaShem. When translating the bible to English, it was written as "Lord God" since no transliteration was possible.

I need to post. Thank you for reminding me.

I need to post. Thank you for reminding me.
I was honestly waiting for everyone to make their first posts before posting again, but it seems everyone moved the time so far - I'll wait for ya' to finish up though :'D

Been a while since someone posted. Are we still on introduction part?

Status
Not open for further replies.