The Glade {Maze Runner}

Status
Not open for further replies.
((I know azulea in real life and I think she won't be replying for a long time or maybe backing out so I'm gonna find a way to reply without using her so we can continue on! Watch out for my next post, it'll be exciting! ))

Minnie stood there, and Zach blinked. "You know Viola, the wood is bigger and better towards the back of the forest... But I've collected most of the dry stuff back there because I like to go back to front in my sweeps. I think splitting up may actually be better for what you need to do. But don't think that doesn't mean I won't come and check up on you. I do my job well." Her last bit was a little biting, as she picked up the tarp. "I ain't usually nice to people, but Im gonna tell you a secret. Tonight I'm gonna do a big bonfire, Im gonna collect a lot of sticks, we're gonna have drinks and wrestling and all that fun stuff. Lots of people are working hard, well with the obvious exception. But it's gonna be rad." With a pride in her step she smiled wide as she walked out the door. "But keep hush, I know where you're stationed, don't forget it!"

Heading to the woods, which she knew like the back of her hand, she thought back to her own words. Probably was best to keep her trap shut about it, but Zach wasn't the only one who knew about the bonfire tonight anyway. Tracing her steps back to where she last ended for the last fire they had, she knocked over the rock marker she made and began sweeping for sticks, and dry, dead wood before rolling it onto the tarp and dragging the tarp along.

When she was almost full, she headed back to the settlement area, but something caught the side of her eye. Wow. Her fingers shaded her eyes so the sun wouldn't glare into them as she looked at a tall and dead tree which had fallen over and gotten caught in the branches of another of it's kind. It wasn't a small tree either, it was bulky and looked as if it'd been dead awhile. Dropping her tarp she went over to inspect it. There was no danger of it falling and hurting anyone, it was thoroughly ensnared into the libs of a smaller birch. Running her fingers over the thick wood she realized it hadn't yet rotted, but it was certainly dry. Excellent firewood. Zach ran her tongue over her lower lip. Once it began to rot terribly though, it wouldn't.

With a bit of a huff she stepped back, turning away. It wasn't her job.

One glance back was all she needed though, because the fact it wasn't her job is what made it so much better. Grabbing hard onto the wood with her boot at the base, she climbed. She wondered how this was missed. It really wasn't far off from the treeline, then again a lot of the wood collected was by her. As she grew closer to the top her hands gripped harder, she had done this more than enough times to not fear falling, tree climbing was a fun activity when done carefully. The only thing that was difficult is the way her jacket and shirt road up leaving her skin exposed to the rough bark. Swinging strategically around, she placed her foot on a branch that the dead tree was leaning on. Holding with her right hand as her left hand darted about. Dull echoes of twigs snapping began to ring out as one after the other branches were weaved away from the dead tree. With a final bend and a loud snap, the tree began to slide slowly down.

And so was Zach.

What?

Gripping harder onto the upstanding tree, her foot began to give. In panic she glanced to her left hand which she tried to pull away from the ever lowering trunk of the dead tree. Along the very edge of her jacket was a string, a string that had been attached to use for tightening the jacket to the persons form, and that very string was tightening along her arm because it was caught on the other side of the trunk.

"Help! NO!" The cry was high pitched in panic, and rang out in her ears. Tugging fiercely only tightened the rope to her arm. It's gotta come off, it's gotta go! No, don't tree. Stop that! Give me a fucking second to... Suddenly the speed of the tree falling was beginning to gain, and just as the last branch broke, she got the jacket off her left arm. A sigh of relief only lasted half a second, when the flying tree tugged her right side to spin towards it in a free fall. "Fuck!" Her voice was small this time, unheard, as she flew to the ground. When she hit it, everything was fuzzy, and ice, and numbness. Something was wrong, something was hurting. The throbbing came from the back of her head, she had landed on her side the hardest but hit her head pretty hard. Moving to look at the tree slowly, the numbness was over and her mangled arm was in sight. There was no need to scream though, because cold blackness took over.

Reactions: Brea
Kyle shrugged as Satchel wondered off. He glanced at Bre "So the greenie is getting settled i'm assuming?" He said while glancing around, it was quiet now and probably would stay quiet until something happened. Then he heard a scream and a crash and raised and eyebrow before rushing out, trying to find out what had happened.

[Sorry, guys! Haven't been getting alerts and haven't been able to get on 'til now. But I'm still interested!

That being said....]

Charlie blinked owlishly before everything caught up with him. "Shit," he mumbled under his breath as he quickly made his way towards Dutch, who seemed to have passed out. Biting his lip, his eyes searched for anything unusual. Knowing that he couldn't do much, he needed to take the teen to the Medjacks. Grunting, Charlie gathered Dutch in his arms and picked him up. "I'm going to take Dutch to the Medical Center to get checked. Everyone get back to work." The Gladers that had gathered around slowly dissipated, going back to their stations. Turning to Dragomira, he suggested, "You can come with me, if you want. Or, you can stay here with the others."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Dutches eyes flutterd who was this stranger carrying him? Coughing he felt his throught all dry and it hurt like hell "whe... re are we.. go..." He was cut off by coughing and him seeing his bleeding shoulder.

(I'm not getting alerts for this... weird. Anyways, I'll be replying tomorrow. Also: Someone wants to be the new greenie, so maybe at the end of this week irl we can do a time skip to the next month and allow that person to join? If you guys don't want to do that it's fine, just say so. I'm gonna go with majority rules, so be sure to tell me if you would mind us doing that! See you all tomorrow :) )

(Can I play a secondary character? Ill put up a character sheet for the new greenie tonight!)

(Can I play a secondary character? Ill put up a character sheet for the new greenie tonight!)
((actually, I meant that someone left me a message asking if they could join as the new Greenie. But, you can still make a second character if you so please.))

((I'll message everyone who hasn't replied recently later today, to see if they are dropping out or simply have not been getting alerts. Just so you all know.))

"Yeah, Dragomira is with the Baggars today and-" Breanne began, but was cut short by someone screaming. All of the Medjacks fell silent as they waited for another cry, but one didn't come. Instantly, everyone was at work. Several medjacks were running out of the medcenter, going to see what was happening. Breanne stayed behind, because she knew that someone had to. Instead she went to the back room where their medic beds were located, and started getting everything set up. Pairs of gloves were laid out, clean water was placed by the bed, she made sure that there was nothing to block the path once the Medjacks come back.

The whole time she worked she hoped that whoever had screamed was actually okay. That they were in no way hurt. But, she knew that wasn't possible. No, nobody screamed like that unless they knew they were about to be in some serious hurt. Out of habit, Breanne began to hum. This was something she only did whens he was working, because it helped to calm her nerves. Once everything was ready, she opened the front door of the Medcenter and started looking around for Kyle.

Charlie glanced down at Dutch, but only for a bit. "M'taking you to the MedCenter. Now, shut up and rest. I don't need you straining yourself," he ordered. He looked forward and saw a bunch of Medjacks rushing out of the MedCenter. Rushing towards them, he was mindful of Dutch. Dragomira can follow me if she wants, he thought as he got to one of the Medjacks, who was asking what happened. The brunet shook his head and they ushered him to the MedCenter.

As Dutch was carried into the med jacks place he screamed for them to get away"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" His Voice more loud and piercing than a bullet being fired. Dutch only remembered his name and that he was he was scared before completely blacking out and felt nothing as the darkness from his eyes shutting blocking out all pain.

Jen shook her head and pushed his arm away. "Cole, go now." she said calmly, trying not to lose it. Her ankle was throbbing so very badly, and her vision going black because of the pain. She didn't want Cole to die too. He was trying to help, that was nice of him. But there are times when being too heroic isn't such a great idea.
((Sorry! I wasn't getting alerts D: Anyway, I probably won't be replying for a few weeks cause I'm leaving on a trip.))

He felt as running away, but he couldn't do it. Leaving a comrade behind wasn't something he would do. Even if he was useless and couldn't help her, he would try to fight that big monster with his knife, no matter how stupid it may sound. "I'm not leaving" told her, hoping that those wouldn't be his last words.

Kyle watched as the young boy was brought in and followed them in. He walked over to the guy that had brought him in "Do you know what happened?" He asked looking over Charlie. He didn't look hurt which probably meant that he hadn't been with the guy when he had gotten hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.