The Girl who Cried Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding him tightly against her she was glad he seemed to at least be okay with her once more, less worried about something. She had been so worried that she had upset him, it didn't sink in that she was only making him worry more by being upset over nothing it seemed. Well not nothing, he still was a werewolf, but it was something she could handle. At least it seemed that she could, slowly but surely she would come to terms with this, staying by his side the entire time.

"Stop apologizing for what you are. If I can't accept that then I wouldn't deserve you. I'm staying with you, we just have to take it slow with all the information. I don't think I could handle it all at once."

With a smile she leaned up kissing him, hoping that it was okay she was saying that she couldn't be bombarded all at once. It seemed reasonable but that only went so far when people's feelings were involved and she knew that as well. Knowing that he really and truly loved her made her feel special, that she was worthy of his affection in some way. Not sure what he all meant by protect her, she wondered if she would have to stay here long or for several days or even until everything was taken care of.

"Do you think he will keep coming after me? I don't know that my family would keep him out of the house, especially my dad. I mean. You saw him. But since he knows I'm with you he wouldn't try anything right?"

It was scary but it seemed she needed to be strong, especially if he was willing to be so strong and protect her from all the bad things out there. Wanting to be even half as strong as him she put on a smile, keeping him pressed up against her. Just before closing her eyes she realized that his parents could be home any minute and pulled away looking actually worried. Never having met anyone's parents before she was sure that being in his moms pajamas with her arms wrapped around him did not look good.

"Should I be worried about your parents? Will they be mad I'm here, in their clothes…with you?"

Jai smiled, holding her close.

"Ok, I'll stop. I am just not used to humans just accepting that I"m a werewolf. So, it's a surprise and of course. We'll take it slow...Just let me know when your ready to learn more...Until then, I won't bring it up unless I absolutely have to." He placed a hand on her head, bring it to his chest. He layed his cheek on the top of her head.
"He will keep on coming after you. If you go back home, you most certainly will be in danger...I will try to convince my dad to let you stay until this problem is resolved...He will stop at nothing to get you and I won't let him do that to you!" he gladly accepted the kiss she planted on his lips.

She then asked about his parents. He chuckled. His parents were fine with him bringing girls home and were fine with them if they had special circumstances where they couldn't go home for the night, but the only condition was that they had to stay in the spare bedroom they had.

"They'll be fine with you staying. My parents love and respect humans. However, it might take some convincing for them to let me keep on dating you...You see...my parents are kinda old fashioned when it comes to keeping the bloodline pure. Basically, they'd rather I find someone who is like me to carry on the bloodline with....Don't worry though. It isn't like they won't listen to reason. I'll help them understand...Help them understand that I truly love you...Cause when a werewolf finds his "true love", he will chase her to the ends of the earth to have her." He looked down at her, tracing her bottom lip with his thumb. Just then the door opened.

"Jai! We're home! Honey, do you have a visitor?" Jai grabbed her hand, looking at her and winking. "It'll be ok...Come meet my parents" Walking her over to them, he introduced her to them.

"Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend Emma..."

His parents looked at each other and then to her. They smiled wide, his dad setting his briefcase down near the door. He hung up his coat and offered his hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you young lady. I'm Thomas, Jai's father and this is his mother. He pulled her close. She smiled, waving.

"I'm Sandra! It's certainly good to see that our Jai has finally found a nice young lady as his girlfriend"

Feeling better about everything as they spoke, she still felt the nagging in the back of her mind that there was a chance they wouldn't work because they were different. Especially if his parents wanted to keep things pure, it's not like she could just become a werewolf or something. Would his parents even accept her as his girlfriend for right now? Not that she was thinking of marrying anyone any time soon, but it would be nice to have their support, not sure he would stay with her if they said no. Then there was the more immediate threat of being killed and eaten by her math teacher. God this sounded like a kids' book, something akin to the Bailey Kids.

Her heart jumped into her throat as she heard the door, and his parents walk in already knowing she was here. Wanting to just disappear, the adrenaline started pumping and she looked to him for comfort, holding his hand tightly. As they walked over she begged her body and mind to work together to get her through this, suddenly feeling a Gordian knot where her organs used to be. Smiling as normally as she could, she was sure she practically smelled of anxiety and fear.

"It's nice to meet you both. You've raised an absolute gentleman for a son."

Shaking his father's hand firmly she stepped back by Jai, not sure if it was okay if they were touching in front of his parents, or if holding his hand was inappropriate. It was like being thrown into the deep end with no water wings and expecting to swim. Taking a deep breath and looking to Jai she had nothing left in her brain to say, well that would help much here. Never having had a boyfriend there was no preparation that made her ready for this. Not being great with social interactions in general, she hoped she was giving them a positive vibe and wanting to let Jai date her.
"Jai made dinner just now if you're hungry."

Their parents sniffed the air which was strong with the scent of freshly cooked teriyaki chicken and rice.

"Smells good my son! Let's sit down and have dinner! You are more than welcome to join us if you would like!" Jai still had her hand in his, walking to the kitchen. Jai opened a chair for Emma, inviting her to sit. Jai walked over to get the dinner off the counter and place it on the table. Placing a hot pad in the middle of the table, he set the skillet down with the enormous amount of food still inside it. He grabbed a spoon and opened the lid, the room filling with the smell of teriyaki chicken. He then grabbed the bowl of rice and set it on the other side of the table. He then laid a bowl of peas and carrots next to the rice bowl and sat down, the table already set before Emma even finished showering. Jai encouraged Emma to eat.

"Mom, dad...There is some information you must be aware of...First, Emma is human, not like us. Secondly, she knows this, and thirdly...there is a stray in the area trying to kill her because...well...because she is the woman that has been chosen for me to be my bride...I know...this isn't want you want...I know that you want to keep the bloodline going, but I can't stop my instincts from telling me otherwise..."

Jai's father served himself up some rice, teriyaki chicken and some carrots and peas. He then looked to Jai and then to Emma.

"Jai, are you sure it's her? A human woman of all things?"

Jai eyed his father, having a sure look on his face.

"I don't know why or how it happened, it just did...You don't choose who you fall in love with, you just do...I love her...and I know I'm meant to be with her...to protect her against the Stray..."

His father's ears perked up.

"That was going to be my next question, Where is this stray now and who is he?"

"He's our Calculus teacher. He keeps eyeing us like we are items on a menu about ready to be eaten or something...What do you want me to do with him dad?"

He took of his glasses, looking at Jai with a serious face.

"I am going to need your help in dealing with him the proper way...However, I need to discuss this with the other alphas and make sure procedure for dealing with strays hasn't changed...Let's worry about that in a minute. I'm sure we are all hungry! Let's eat!"

Jai's mom smiled at Emma.

"So, Emma, tell us a little about yourself and how you and Jai met! I'm always curious to know! I ask my family all the time and this is the first time Jai has ever brought a girl home..."

As Jai just jumped into conversation she couldn't bring herself to eat, staring down at her plate unable to look at them while they talked about her. Apparently she was a bride now? Feeling her chest constrict she got worried about what she was getting into. Not having even thought about marriage let alone planning her future aside from just getting into college. How he could just assume they'd work out, let alone bank on marrying her after just a week. A literal week!

As his dad started in she wished she could just become invisible, not that it didn't seem like she already was. According to his dad apparently she was beneath him because she was human…never having thought before that being human was a bad thing. Looking up to see the look between the two of them she looked back down, wanting to just go upstairs and sleep at this point. It would at least be better than sitting here and listening to this.
Offering a weak smile, her gaze moved to his mom, wondering if she just thought all the same things his dad did. The thought occurred to her that at least if she was home, she wouldn't feel quite so bad about herself. Hearing that she was the first girl Jai ever brought around sounded weird, by looking at him she would have thought there were girls just lined up for days coming over to his house. Let alone if she took into account how nice he was.

"I met him first day of school. He seemed lost so I showed him around to his classes. As for myself…I'm a track runner, good grades, work at a diner part time, and uh…just plan on going to college after I get out of high school."

It was the worst response ever given to a parent. At least she was sure it was. All the things they must think about humans, she probably just reinforced them; she was boring, clearly trying to impress, and working a menial job. Yep, this was about the time she would like to disappear and become just a ghost of herself. Not thinking Jai would let her leave, she was stuck at the table making horrible small talk with his family who did not think her worthy of their son. Great Friday night. Unable to bring herself to eat she just sat there, hands in her lap, smiling weakly and looking around at everyone trying to be polite.

Jai's mother looked squarely at Emma.
" Hey, I know you are thinking that we as werewolves think of you less because you are a human. That isn't the problem. Not at all. In fact we really support you And Jai...Its just, normally, We would want Jai to wed another werewolf, but Jai has made up his mind about you And we aren't ones to force anything on Jai..."

Jai looked to Emma With a tender gaze.

" What my mom says is true...what I said about marriage, that is not set in stone so don't let it bother you...However, I do love you and want you to be safe from the stray..."

"You must be one dedicated young lady to want to be with Jai after knowing what he us...that impresses us young lady...knowing that dedication, we know that you will take good cAre of our son, so we fully support you And his relationship!"

Emma's body froze, only her head moving up to look at his mother. They were mind readers. Holy crap…they could truly read her thoughts, probably meant it was a werewolf thing or something. The thing that surprised her most was that his mother said the word 'wed' too, as though talking about that was normal at their age. It did seem a blessing though that they weren't going to force anything on the two of them, wedding or breaking up, which did put her at a little more ease.

Turning her attention to Jai she couldn't help but smile, even during all of this, he still brought comfort to her. Reaching out her hand she gently grabbed his hand, wanting no needing, to hold his hand. It was the physical comfort she desired most, feeling a little overwhelmed by the last fifteen minutes of her life. At the end of their words she found some comfort knowing that they at least seemed to be behind her now, more supportive than they had originally let on.

"I'm glad that we have your blessing, and thank you for the positive words. I know I'm not what you had in mind, but as far as I can see into the future, I hope to make him happy."

Keeping her thoughts closely guarded she didn't want them dipping into them again, worried they may not like what she thinks. Grabbing just a couple small pieces of chicken and a little scoop of rice, she tried her hand at eating, wanting everyone to see she was normal and not freaking out.

Jai grabbed a heaping helping of the rice, chicken and the veggies, politely yet hungrily scarfing down his food. He had been hungry and he was at the age where his stomach was a bottomless hole. That is why he made so much. He grabbed a couple helpings. Jai's father ate his share and then looked to Emma.

"I know your probably confused by everything that's happening. That's why, it's best you stay here for a few nights. I can talk to your parents if I need to. It would be safer, however if you stay here. You see, a stray is a werewolf that doesn't listen to Alpha's or the Werewolf leaders. They do their own thing and wish to impose their views of what werewolf life should be like on every other werewolf that doesn't think that way. They are a danger because they usually try to exact their revenge not on other werewolves but on humans. This has been going on for a while now, ever since I can remember. Don't worry though, I won't let them hurt my son's girlfriend...We'll all protect you...but you have to stay here or he will find you and he will not hesitate to kill you and your family..."

Eating just what little she had put on her plate, she found her stomach too tense to eat much. Perhaps it was the thought that someone was trying to kill her, the fact that she would be staying in Jai's house for a couple days, or the fact that Jai's father wanted to speak to her dad. God that last thought was probably the most terrifying of all. Shaking her head with a smile she spoke softly, gaining her confidence as she went.

"There is no need to talk to my family. I can go over there tomorrow and talk to them. I won't say anything about... all of this, don't worry."

Looking over to Jai she smiled, giving him a look that said don't say anything about my dad. For just a second she wanted that telepathy thing to be true, not wanting his parents to find out about his father and his tendencies. It wasn't the thing she wanted even Jai to know, though she had little choice in that.

Jai looked at her giving her the I-know-I-won't-say-anything look.

"Ok. Be safe on your travel back tomorrow, Emma was it? Love your name by the way. So beautiful! We will be at work till late tomorrow night, but we should be home before 10 pm. Can you watch over her till then Jai?" chimed in his mother.

Jai nodded. He would have to leash his wolf side cause being home alone with her tomorrow would be a hard thing for him. He would have to control his wolf like instincts till they got home. Jai looked to Emma again who had barely touched her food.

"Are you hungry? You've barely touched your food...If you don't eat then I really will worry that it is all my fault that your stressed out...It probably is my fault your stressed out anyway...But just eat...if you aren't hungry though, I can go get proper bedding for the bed ready so you can go to sleep..."

"Oh thank you ma'am, I'm sure it will be a routine trip home. Just need to pick up clothes and homework."

While she appreciated his mother's attempt at making small talk, it didn't help that all three of them were treating her like a small child. As though she hadn't been looking after herself all these years leading up to them. Sure this stray werewolf was strong and probably fast, it wasn't like she was defenseless. Though the idea of actually having time for just her and Jai sounded nice, though she wasn't sure how he would feel about that. Hoping he was actually excited like her she saw his face and wondered if he was actually regretting having her over already.

"I'm just not very hungry. It's been a rather eventful night, But it's okay I can help you with the bedding and everything once dinner is over and everything is cleaned up."

Not wanting to be alone right then, though not sure if his parents would approve of them being alone together, she might at least get a couple minutes of time with him if she went upstairs to help him make up the bed. Not that she had anything subversive planned, but after everything she just wanted to be grounded and held. It was a lot to ask of him after all he had been through as well, but... well damn it she needed it.

Jai and his parents finished up. They looked to Jai and smiled.

"Go, we'll clean up the kitchen. Go help her with the bed sheets and go spend some time with her. Just don't forget that we are your parents and can hear everything that is going on in that room."

Jai's face went red as he grabbed his and her dishes and shoved them into the sink, leading her from the table to the room. He shut the door, turning to her.

"I'm sorry about that last remark they just made...I think my parents may be a little too excited that I brought home a girl..." He then grabbed Emma around the waist and pulled her close, his fingers under her chin and his thumb tracing her bottom lip. He then leaned down, placing a kiss on her lips. He then went to the closet in the bedroom to grab the sheets for the beds. He began putting them on, making quick work of the bed sheets and the blankets. Making the bed look neat, he laid on the bed and smiled, ushering her to come lay next to him. All he wanted right now was to hold Emma close. He wasn't going to do anything to her, he just wanted to hold her close to him. He winked.

"You don't have to worry...I won't do anything you don't want me to do..."

Following him upstairs, she felt a little in a daze, as though the whole day was one giant blur of events. She had lived what felt like a years worth of drama and surprises, though at least she knew exactly what she was getting into now with Jai. Well, at least a little bit more. As he closed the door she looked to him, not wanting his parents to think she was being disrespectful and doing anything untoward. Blushing as he kissed her she looked over to the door waiting for them to burst in.

"Wait... you've never had a girlfriend over before? Why are they so excited about me coming over? Wouldn't that be a parent's worse nightmare, having their significant other staying the night at the house..."

It just seemed strange to her that a parent would be excited about this, but maybe they were just happy that he was happy? Needing to believe it, she did. Positivity! Waiting for him to finish making the bed she knew better than to try and help, he would be stubborn about this she could feel it. Moving over to lay with him on the bed, she shook her head laughing softly. The threat of his parents hearing them in the back of her mind.

"Don't talk to loud, they might not know you're joking..."

Jai held Emma close, his face in the nape of her neck, breathing on it. He took in her scent which started to drive him crazy. He stopped himself however and held her close, laughing in his mind about his parent's reaction.

"You have to remember, my parents aren't normal..most would be appalled at the thought of a girlfriend being brought home and staying the night. My parents, however, a bit more...can you say...perverted in their thoughts I guess. They want another Alpha child as soon as possible...But I'm not doing that to you unless you are ready for it and unless you want it...Otherwise, I will not touch you inappropriately...I'm not that kind of man..." He just wanted to stay like this forever. He couldn't believe how hard he had fallen for her in the matter of almost a week. That wolf instinct...Imprinting if he remembered correctly, was so strong he couldn't let it go. Maybe that is why he was so drawn to her. No matter what it was, he wanted her as his bride and the mother of his children, but he didn't want to rush things and he certainly didn't want Emma to have to go through possible pregnancy in High School.

"I realize that I'm not like other guys and may seem old fashioned, but forgive me for being old fashioned, I just don't want to be forcing you into anything."

Curling up close to him as she got comfortable, she had to admit that his touch was comforting. Truly feeling safe in his arms in a way that was both confusing and wonderful. Wishing he could stay here and sleep with her like this, she knew it wasn't a possibility though with his parents' requests. Hearing his words she just shrugged and shook her head with a soft laugh, her brain just taking it all in stride tonight.

"Well before we start talking about marriage and kids, let's just make it through our first date."

With a soft laugh she rolled over and faced him, wrapping her arms around him and pulling herself close to him. Leaning up she kissed him gently before burying her face against his chest closing her eyes. Feeling warm and full she felt the exhaustion catch up to her, hitting like a brick wall, not able to keep herself up for much longer. Her breathing slowed as she began to doze, holding him tightly against herself, afraid he'd leave her before she was asleep.

Jai held Emma close. She seemed exhausted. As he cuddled with her, she seemed to be dozing off. That phrase she said rung out in his mind. That's right, their first date was going to be tomorrow. He was excited for it. He wondered how it would go. Maybe he was acting too much like a girl on this one, but for Jai, it would be a day to remember because he had never imprinted on a girl so far. Imprinting, or the instinct to follow someone for all time and be loyal to them for all time, was strong in him with Emma. As he thought about that day tomorrow, he could see that Emma had fallen completely asleep. He moved out of the bed, pulling the blanket over her. Kissing her forehead, he left her to sleep and headed to his room to get some sleep himself.

*Morning*

Jai awoke to the smell of bacon. He threw the covers off him and walked down the stairs to where the smell was coming from. His mother was making bacon.

"Hey honey! Good morning! Thought i'd make you guys something before i head to work. I will leave it on the table! Go get Emma so you guys can eat before school. Do you have school this morning?"

Jai shook his head, looking at his watch that he still had on. It told time and day. It said Saturday. He nodded and thanked his mom, heading back up the stairs to wake up Emma.

Throughout the night she tossed and turned once he left, unable to get very restful sleep. The room felt nothing like her own and the bed being bigger and more comfortable was unnerving, though she knew it was better it didn't bode well for her sleep. Waking up once she paced the room for a bit, trying to tire herself out, looking at the window to go outside and wanting to just stretch her legs and run. Even if just for a few minutes, the feeling would calm her, and it was exactly what she wanted. Looking down at the bare feet, too long pajamas and the every looming fear of her math teacher, she backed away. Sighing to herself softly she lay back down looking up at the ceiling, imagining the date tomorrow, well their entire day together tomorrow alone.

Drifting off at some point during her thoughts, she finally relaxed into the bed, allowing herself the luxury of sleep. It wasn't till morning rose, the sun peaking over the trees waking her up as it usually did in her own home. Rolling around on the bed she got comfortable again, realizing that there was nothing for her to do besides wait for everyone to get up, her backpack and clothes at her own home. It was only a few moments before she fell back asleep, her body never having been given the opportunity to just be, without having something that needed to be done. As her brain drifted she stretched and let her thoughts go where they would, having a fairly vivid dream of a possible future with Jai. The wedding, buying their own home, and kids. It was eerie how complacent she felt with it, actually enjoying the dream as she slept.

Jai opened the door to the room Emma was staying in. He walked over to her, placing a hand on her soft head of hair and then he placed a kiss on her head. He smiled and spoke just loud enough to, hopefully, wake her. Her sleeping frame was so beautiful and her frame so fragile, she looked very defenseless while she slept. He controlled his urge to make her his and tried to wake her, as much as he didn't want to startle her beautiful sleeping frame.

"Emma, breakfast is almost done. I will meet you downstairs when your ready. When you come back from your house to fetch your homework, we can then head out on our date...ok?" He decided to do something that he wouldn't normally do. He bent down and started to nibble on Emma's ear, seeing if this would wake her from her deep slumber. Watching her, he could tell she was dreaming about something good and he hated to interrupt, but he had to wake her somehow so their day together could begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.