The Girl and the Cat (with DracoGale4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makoto
image.jpg
"Oh." she shrugged. "Well, I thought you'd be one of those people who take an hour to just get out of bed." she ignored glaring. They were going to be late if he didn't move his cat butt.

She flicked him on the nose. "School. Here's some clothes. They're my dad's work clothes so they might be too big, but we'll buy your own later. There's also a tie. You've got no time to shower or eat, and hurry up you lazy bum." she threw the clothes at his face and walked out of the room.

Makoto walked back downstairs and got her school bag. She paced in front of the front door in a hurry. She couldn't be late. "Hurry up!" she yelled.

Meow, #A52A2A
He blinked as he was suddenly buried under a pile of clothes. "Hey!" He squirmed underneath them even as Makoto walked out the door and closed it behind her.

He grumbled angerly under his breath, pulling himself out from under the pile. That was so rude! Yelling at him to wake up from such a wonderful sleep, having been so comfortable and warm that he never wanted to wake up. It had been forever since he had slept on such a comfortable bed, or any bed at all as a matter of fact, so it was no surprise that he had fallen into such a deep sleep. But now he was forced to wake up and leave such a sanctuary only to go to some boring place called 'school'. He shifted human, grumbling as he began getting dressed, taking off his coat and putting on the fancier clothing.

He was just getting his pants on when he heard Makoto calling for him. "I'm coming!" He yelled back at her growling as he hopped around on one foot to get the pants on, only to trip and fall flat on his back. "Owe!"

He finally managed to finish dressing, and just like Makoto said, the clothes were a little bit big on him but they will have to do. But when he tried putting the tie on, he couldn't figure out how to work the thing for the life of him, so he finally gave up and let it hung loosely around his neck. Lastly he quickly brushed his hair then pulled on some shoes, then headed downstairs to meet Makoto by the front door.

"There, I'm all set." He said, still grumpy about being woken up so suddenly.

Makoto
image.jpg
When he walked downstairs and answered grumpily to her yelling, Makoto stopped pacing around. She crossed her arms. "Took you long enough."

His ears were still sticking out, and hats were prohibited in school. What to do? She brought her hands up and started arranging his hair so that nothing could be seen. He was a head taller than her which pissed her off. It wasn't that she was small or anything, him being there just pissed her off generally.

"There. Now they won't be able to see your ears and-" she frowned, "What about your tail?" It was still flicking about in the open. "What are we going to do?" she murmured as she thought of an answer to the problem.

Meow, #A52A2A
He glanced up at his ears, having forgotten about them, being so used to them that he never really thought about hiding them. He hoped that when they twitched or move it wouldn't move his hair too much and reveal them, but they were covered pretty well so it should be ok. So long as his hair didn't get wet. When she mentioned his tail he glanced at it, seeing it move freely in the air like a carefree young spirit. He wasn't exactly sure what to do with it either, beginning to scratch his chin as he thought about it.

He then got an idea. He took his tail and lifted up his shirt, making sure that his waist was revealed. He pulled his tail around it, then tied it as if he were wearing it like a karate belt, then pulled his shirt back down over it so that it was completely hidden. He smiled, kind of proud of himself for thinking of such an idea, although his tail was extremely uncomfortable now. Oh well, he was going to have to deal with it for a while, hopefully not for too long. Man, he could already tell that today was going to be a long day, and he wasn't looking forward to it at all.

"Problem solved." He said, looking at Makoto with his hands shoved in his pockets, looking bored. With the ears and tail gone, he looked like a completely normal human being, except for his unusual sharp teeth and the fact that his pupils slitted whenever he got angry. "Can we go now so that we can get this over with?"

Makoto
image.jpg
Makoto had turned around when he lifted his shirt up. She had thought he was going to take off his bloody shirt for no reason, what was she supposed to think?! When he was done, he told her and she turned around again.

"Next time, tell me when you're going to do that, so that I don't think you're stripping and so that you also don't give me a freaking panic attack." she muttered while glaring at him. The nerve of this guy. Jeez, seriously.

She opened the door and locked it after they both walked out. She started on walking, in the direction of the train station to get to school. Her hand tapped on her school bag in a spazzing manner.

Meow, #A52A2A
He frowned at her, not understanding why she freaked out. It wasn't like he took his whole shirt off, just lifted it enough to show his belly, that was it. But he simply rolled his eyes and followed her out the door, then down the sidewalk to go to the train station. He had no idea what to do once he got to school, it had been so long since he'd been there last. But that didn't mean he never learned anything. He actually cared a lot about his education, so he would get his own notebooks and pens before heading off to any school nearby, but instead of enrolling he would shift into a cat and hide somewhere. Staying near enough so that he could listen to the lessons.

Sometimes he would be inside somewhere, hidden in shelves or cupboards, or even behind coat racks taking notes to take home and study. Other times he would hide outside near an open window, or in the rafters of the school or anywhere where he could hide. It was all he could do to keep teachers from seeing his ears and tail, for they were always somehow discovered, so he stopped taking that risk. So going right now actually made him very nervous, but he didn't let that show, but what made him even more nervous was trying to get along with other people. It had been so long since her interacted with anyone that he was pretty positive that he wouldn't be very sociable. He sighed softly to himself, lowering his ears, causing a slight shift in his hair but didn't reveal anything.

It had been a while since he went to school, so he hoped he remembered everything and will do ok. He didn't want anyone calling him an idiot or laugh at him, otherwise he'll probably heat up again, and start causing a fight with most of his classmates. He hated being called an idiot and laughed at, for most people thought he was a clumsy oaf with no skills at all. It was true that he actually wasn't all that smart with most school subjects, but who could blame him? He had to learn all of this stuff by himself, so he didn't get the best lessons, but at least he tried. There was one subject though that he was really good at, a subject that would be surprising to others: Science.

He could basically do nearly any form of science, having always been very fascinated with the subject. You could ask him anything about how something works, and he could almost always answer, knowing all the laws and chemistry. He used to spend countless hours in libraries, reading books about it and making notes, and even managed to borrow some equipment to test out some experiments and theories. It had been a lot of fun, and he loved it, learning so much on his own. Everything else though, like math and history and so on, he pretty much sucked at.

Makoto
image.jpg
Makoto glanced at him. He seemed deep in thought so she paid no mind. Probably scared about school. A smirk lit her face. At least he wasn't talking with that arrogant mouth of his.

Makoto was rather nervous about this week. She couldn't stop tapping her fingers against her bag and her hip. She had a science test Friday, a Math one on Wednesday, and a History one Tuesday. She sighed. She was a great student, however, there was way too much to do, which stressed her quite a bit. She even drank more coffee lately, which wasn't good. But coffee was what drove her to keep on working hard, or else she'd be already dead.

When they finally got to the station, she paid for her ticket and passed through. She kept on walking until she felt a tug at her arm. She glanced at her wrist and saw the blue aura of light which encircled it. Where had he gone? She looked left and right, but he wasn't there. Finally, she looked back and saw that he hadn't crossed the payment area.

Meow, #A52A2A
"What do you mean I can't pass through?!" Flynn demanded to know, glaring at the ticket man as he stood behind his booth.

"You need to pay for a ticket." He stated bluntly. "Pay for a ticket and I'll let you through."

"But I'm with her!" Flynn tried to explain, pointing at Makoto. The blue aura rope had appeared around his neck, but for some reason, it went unnoticed by everyone around him.

"She only paid for one ticket." The man said, looking irritated. "Not for two. Pay up and go, there are other people in line."

Flynn growled and glared at the man. "They can wait. I'm telling you, I'm with her! She must have paid for another ticket! Bah!"

This was annoying, he didn't just get rudely awaken from such a comfortable and warm bed to make it all pointless, stuck at a ticket booth. Why wouldn't Makoto pay for his ticket? He didn't have any money, he was a cat for crying out loud! He never worked! Well he wasn't about to get choked to death just because he couldn't afford paying for a ticket, not wanting to be left behind so that Makoto can get on the train and end up dragging him down the tracks with her.

"Forget this, I'm going through." He said, and he looked like he was about to transform.

Makoto
image.jpg
Makoto shook her head and sighed. She walked back up to Finn - or was it Flynn? - and to the ticket man. She started rummaging through her pockets and bag to find some money, and when she did, she gave it to the man. He gave her a ticket in return and she took it. She put it in the machine, and pulled Finn through the gate.

"Jeez, you're hopeless." she stated while they kept on walking through the station. "Really hopeless." she muttered under her breath. Yes he was a cat, so what? He should at least know that this isn't a free economy. If only.

He had gotten glances when he started his outburst, however noone had seemed pay mind to the blue around his neck or her wrist. It was quite confusing. Perhaps the cat would know.

Meow, #A52A2A
He shoved his hands on his pockets, frowning at her. "Well you could have given me some money before going through there. I'm a cat, how did you think I was going to get money? Cough it up like a hairball?" He shook his head. "I'll need a job or something."

He glared at people who stared at them, making them turn away, then would look back ahead so that he could follow Makoto. He hated it when people stared. It made him feel self conscious and feel like his ears and tail were showing, but he knew that they were well hidden, so there was no reason for everyone to stare. He already knew that he was different from everyone else, they didn't need to remind him of that by looking at him, silently judging him from afar. That's why he liked it better as a cat, able to go unnoticed by anyone, and he could outrun anyone who tried to stop him from doing something he wasn't supposed to. If no one was going to treat him like a human being, then why bother being like one?

He looked around the station curiously, his ear flicking under his hair. "I've never taken a train before." He said, still looking around them at the scenery. "Are we going far?"

Makoto
image.jpg
Makoto shrugged. "Maybe. How could you have had survived without any money? I guessed, so what?" she paid no mind to the stares they were getting, why did it matter? She would never see these people ever again. She walked down the stairs that lead to the platform.

She glanced at him and answered his question, "It takes about 30 minutes to get there." she looked at her watch. "School starts in 50 minutes." The train arrived, and Makoto politely let the passengers get off, then she got on and sat down on a seat.

She motioned at him to come in before he was left on the platform. He never rode a train before? They were in the middle of Japan, for God's sake. How could he not?

Meow, #A52A2A
He quickly walked into the train, not wanting to be left behind and dragged down the tracks once it left, then walked over and sat down beside her. "Instincts." He answered to her earlier question. "I survived by instincts and catching my own food. That's how. I mean I couldn't get a job with my ears and tail. I tried once but... It didn't end well."

He crossed his arms and leaned back in his seat, moving one leg over the other. How did she think a cat boy could live? You could only be somewhere for so long before they discovered what you were. His ears and tail couldn't always be hidden, just one slip up and everything would be ruined. You'd be caught and have to quickly leave. He found it easier just to live life as a cat and live in the allies, getting lucky on scraps or catching mice or something.

Makoto
image.jpg
She raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "Catch? You mean... Mice?" she questioned. Mice were what cats ate. That was quite disgusting... She shivered. Mouse breath. Ew.

However, she acknowledged that it must of been hard. If he was discovered, then he'd be in quite a lot of trouble. She tapped her knees as she thought about it. Now she realised that a life like his was quite dangerous. She frowned, deep in thought.

Meow, #A52A2A
Flynn nodded. "Yes, but only when I'm desperate. I actually prefer to avoid them... Not my most favorite meal to be honest." He shivered, grimacing a little. "Too crunchy. I mean I guess the other stuff I ate isn't any better..."

He trailed off. He really didn't want to go into explanation of the garbage he ate as well, all the left over foods he would find if he was lucky, although not so lucky if it was molded or rotten. Although he never ate that stuff, only if it had just recently been thrown out, and not covered in too much disgusting stuff. Things like that. He was already starting to feel self conscious, this girl probably thinking that he was a disgusting animal and regretting even more about ever bringing him into her home. He then squinted up his nose a little in a sneer. What did he care? She didn't like him anyway, so it didn't matter what she thought of him, he could care less. He wasn't trying to impress anyone.

Speaking of which... He didn't even know her name. He had told her his name, but she had never given her's. He looked over to her.

"What's your name?" He asked. "I can't keep calling you 'female' or 'girl'...."

Makoto
image.jpg
"You're going to need to go to the dentist then. Mice... I mean, sorry, but that's really disgusting." she answered with a shudder. What a tough life for him it must be. She waych the scenery as the passed by and listened to his question.

She hadn't told him her name. She didn't even realise that. She was too wrapped up in the fact that he was a bloody cat. She yawned. "It's Makoto. And yours is Finn right?" she looked at him. She didn't remember that either. How idiotic was she? Maybe its his idiocy that rubbed off on me.

Meow, #A52A2A
He frowned and narrowed his eyes at her. She didn't even remember his name? It wasn't that hard to remember! How insulting. He scoffed and looked away, crossing his arms over his chest as he sunk down in his chair a little, as if he was pouting. The remark about seeing a dentist was also insulting, even if it were true. It wasn't his fault that he had to eat mice, he had to live somehow! It had been a while since he brushed his teeth... What could he brush them with? Certainly not fish bones.

"It's Flynn." He hissed at her. "With an 'l', and spelled with a 'y'. I told you this specifically to keep from forgetting or mistaking it for another name. If you aren't going to bother trying to remember then I won't bother to remember your name, Koto."

He had said the last word in a mocking tone, looking at her with a slight sneer, payback for mistaking his name. Sure, Finn sounded a lot like Flynn, but it really wasn't a hard name to remember. He had been insulted enough already though, that the name mistake had really stung his pride, feeling as if remembering his name couldn't be bothered. Of course perhaps he was overreacting, but he didn't care, he didn't want to be called Finn. Flynn sounded a lot better than Finn. Finn made him sound like a fish.

Makoto
image.jpg
Makoto had to suppress a laugh as he sank low in his chair and pouted. Her shoulders were shaking and she had to cover her mouth to refrain it. He's really such a kid.

But when he insulted her about remembering thingd and said her name in a mocking tone, she got annoyed. What was his problem? God, it wasn't her fault she couldn't remember a name! She had had enough surprises yesterday.

She looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "Is that all you got? Koto?" she snickered. Really, didn't he have anything better? "Hm, Finn fish?" she hissed back at him insultingly.

Meow, #A52A2A
Flynn glared at her. "It's not my fault you have such a stupid name." He snapped back at her, then when she had insulted his name again, he was fuming. "That just makes it sound like you're saying 'finish', and Finn Fish doesn't even make any sense!"

They were drawing some eyes to them now, but Flynn was too mad to care, his own eyes focused only on Makoto. Had his tail not been tied around his waist it would have been flicking madly by now, and his ears were pinned flat against his skull, hidden within his hair. True, he didn't know many names to call her, but that wasn't the point. He looked away from her, grumbling under his breath as he looked out the window, trying to ignore her. So far this morning wasn't turning out so great.

Makoto
image.jpg
Makoto was having a lot of fun pissing him off. But he kept insulting her name which pissed her off too. So, she had to anger him wven more. She was an arrogant girl, and when she had her mind set on something, she would have it.

She kept glaring at him into his weird orange eyes until he looked away, still angry. He was grumbling things under his breath so she couldn't hear anything.

She brought her hand up to his face and pinched his cheek. "Aw, is Fishie mad?" she cooed as she brought her other hand to pinch his other cheek. She started pulling on them making him do weird faces.

Meow, #A52A2A
Now he was even more pissed. How was he supposed to ignore her if she was pinching his face like this? Which was hurting his skin! Now people were really starting to stare, some trying to stifle laughs as they saw the face Makoto was making him do, but thankfully he didn't notice them. He grabbed her wrists, pulling them away from his face as he glared at her, the pupils of his eyes turning into slits.

"Knock it off!" He snapped at her. "It's Flynn, stop calling me Fishie! If anyone's a fish, it's you." His lips curled up into a sneer. "You make a stupid face like they do, so you both could be twins."

He released her wrists, still holding that sneer as he crossed his arms over his chest, feeling pretty proud of himself for such a comment. He loved eating fish, not being called 'fish'. How insulting. He was a cat! A cat for Pete's sake! What cat would be called fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.