The Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 3

It has now been 7 Days, or one week essentially, since the Gamers got their power, and now it was time to continue seeing what they would be able to do. Of course at school, once again, Rei was nowhere to be seen. Perhaps tomorrow he would be in, as apparently he has been absent for the past three days now doing who knows what. Possibly skipping school to grind, since it wasn't like the Gamers could actually stay sick for long considering that they healed when fully resting. Either that, or he could be dead, which was highly unlikely as something would have been said at school if he had been found dead somewhere. Plus given how smart and tough Rei was, it was unlikely that he would so easily get himself killed.

In the morning it was classes. Ryuu had swimming, Lucian and Selina had regular classes, and Caleb had work. It was apparent that some forms of actions granted EXP, like Selina getting EXP for studying the night before and her good workout during her swimming class yesterday while other forms of EXP were gained by Ryuu and Lucian who did well in classes. Granted the EXP was minor and wouldn't matter after a while probably, EXP was still EXP.

Ryuu PE: 13 - 7 VIT = 6

Ryuu got 2 EXP after the day's swimming class and it felt like he got a pretty good workout. Another good workout like that may help out.

Lucian School: 90 - 19 Knowledge = 71

Lucian did alright at school. Not really great, but just a little bit decent.

Selina School: 27 - 15 Knowledge - 25 Study Bonus = -13

Selina did excellent in school that day, studying the night before really helping her out. She easily got the questions on her quiz right and did well enough to not only net a tiny bit of EXP, but also get a +1 bonus to INT and Knowledge according to a window that appeared. She was feeling just a tiny bit smarter already.

Caleb, in the meantime, was at work.

Caleb Work: 38 - 11 Crafting = 27

Caleb did well at work today as well, earning four hours of wages, eight in total essentially with how much he has so far worked this week, and did well enough in repairing things that he learned a bit more about how to thus make and repair things, getting a notification that he received a +1 to Crafting.

It was then grinding time. Now that Ryuu had ID Create, ID Escape, and his new Mana Burst Skill he could help the group fight more Imps now at a time. The first grinding set didn't go so well, as two of the five got away and the group took some damage. The second set went great, 5 Imps being killed there, and the third set went alright, 7 Imps being defeated there, so 15 in total. Ryuu leveled up during the second set, but it was apparent that now that the Gamers were higher level than the Imps that the Imps were giving them less EXP now.

Still, a total of 12 Horns had been dropped, but no Scrolls this time around. Those were probably rare drops anyway. The next set of three after three more hours went well for the first two parts, but in the third set when a few of the Imps suddenly gained up on and began to maul Caleb apart right from the get go, the Gamers were forced to break that ID, thus meaning that they only fought two sets of Imps that time.

Only 7 Horns were dropped this time, meaning 19 in total. After that, it was time to go home since it was getting late.

Selina, in the meantime, was exploring the city, looking for some kind of job.

Selina Work: 25 - 4 LUK = 21

Luckily she managed to find one in Neo Akihabara, or the Entertainment District. A maid cafe was hiring, paying 1,000 Yen an hour, if she was interested in such a job of course. With her looks and innocent persona she could probably get hired with ease. She would have to go tomorrow though, since by the time she found it it was getting somewhat late and the cafe was closed. Still, she would probably be able to get hired easily if she went, so if she really wanted to work there it would be worth it for the money.

With that, night time rolled around. Selina practicing with her rapier, Ryuu with his sword, Caleb with Mana Sphere, and Lucian with Mana Flow.

Selina Endurance: 8 - 9 VIT = -1

Selina Rapier: 19 - 13 Melee Weaponry = 6

Ryuu Endurance: 78 - 7 VIT = 71

Ryuu Sword: 9 - 12 Melee Weaponry = -3

Caleb Sphere: 38 - 9 Thrown Weaponry = 29

Lucian's Flow: 0 (Critical)

Selina did very well. She was able to keep going at a very intense pace, practicing well enough that she didn't just improve her rapier technique, but her entire technique as a whole, gaining a point in Dexterity in addition to the three levels in Rapier proficiency she obtained.

Ryuu did well in his sword practice, but wasn't able to make too much progress that night due to having to take several breaks throughout. Still, he did manage to gain three levels in his new Sword Proficiency Skill, which was nice.

Caleb did decent in his Mana Sphere practice, gaining two more Levels in that Skill.

Lucian did excellent in practicing Mana Flow, to the point where he just felt one with it that night. As such, he not only gained several levels, three to be exact, but a point in Focus as well.

With that, the night concluded, and it was soon enough the next day.

Rei, this time, was at school and around lunch time would be on the roof, sitting on the perch like before, reading a book. The Gamers could either find him there, or possibly PM him if they wanted to meet him that day for questions or exchanges of information.​

Day 2, Night

Ryuu closed his eyes and held his hand up high. He tried one more time. Focus. His attention returned to that marble fountain in Venice once again. The water gathered in the foundation of the fountain, and it was released by the outstretched hand of the feminine figure. Spreading evenly, the spray rose slightly only to split and bloom outwards like a flower, surrounding the statue in a clear dome. A clear boundary, a created space, defined by the water. That was the same thing that Ryuu wanted to do except with his spiritual energy to create a world, separate from the mundane. Ryuu succeeded in creating the pseudo space, and he cheered for himself. He had finally accomplished it after two days of painful setbacks. In fact, he was met by numerous windows, but the most interesting one was called "Mana Burst". It seemed to be a skill that relied on sheer force to send a blast of mana in front of him. He wanted to try it out a bit more, but it was late at night and he was tired.

Ryuu fell into his bed and stared up at the ceiling of his room. He went through today's events. Class was... boring as usual, but his knowledge increased since he had been paying attention the last two days. Nothing comes that easy, Ryuu thought. Then the efforts of grinding with the imps enabled Ryuu to level up, which he had not assigned points yet. He opened up his stats interface. After considering his stats he added two points to INT so that he could get the extra talent point by bringing his INT to 10. The last stat point Ryuu put into LUK to bring it to 7. His endeavours as of late seemed to be somewhat unsuccessful compared to the others in terms of spiritual ability. Their stats were similar, so at this point... it seemed to be sheer luck, or lack of.

Ryuu then turned his attention to Talents. He had three points now. He put one point into Melee Weaponry (5), one into Focus (6), and the last one into Negotiation (4). With all of that done. Ryuu just continued to think about the last few days. He probably wouldn't have met a lot of these people if he never got this Gamer ability. That said, the levelling has been consuming his life recently. He hadn't really hanged out with his friends other than talking with them at school. What was the end goal that Ryuu was trying to achieve? That was something he wasn't sure of right now. It was just a lot of fun to explore another side of the world that he never knew existed. It was dangerous, but that made it all the more exciting. For now, he would continue learning a bit more, but he made a mental note to at least go hang out with people on occasion, especially his friends.

---

Day 3, Night

This day was mundane. School was more tolerable than most days since today was PE and he got to swim, which he enjoyed especially since the weather has been hot. For a lot of the other guys in the class, they seemed to be excited for other reasons, but Ryuu focused on swimming and was performing extremely well. The afternoon was defined by a decent grinding session, but since they were now higher leveled than the imps the group no longer got as much EXP as they used to. It appeared that they would have to look for a bit tougher enemy.

Just a few minutes ago, Ryuu had finished practicing with his sword. It was heavier than expected, so he tired out quickly and had to take breaks. Still, he managed to level up his swordsmanship a few times. Ryuu then remembered that he had points to assign again as well. So, once again he looked at his stats and starting assigning. He added 1 point to STR, VIT, and AGI so that he could maximize his effectiveness in fighting with a sword by bringing them each to a total of 8. In terms of talents, Ryuu added one point to Melee Weaponry (6) and one more into Focus (7). With that, Ryuu called it a night and slept.

---

The next day, Ryuu found himself in class again, and lunch time finally rolled in. Miura tried to start up a conversation, but Ryuu had to politely excuse himself. He wanted to go check and Rei was around. He had a few questions. Most notably, he wanted to ask what they should do moving on since they were level 5, and imps weren't going to cut it out soon. So, he wanted to find out how to get access to more difficult enemies or more time and EXP efficient ways to grind. Thus, Ryuu went upstairs to the roof. Loe and behold, Rei was there. So, Ryuu waved at him and said "Yo, how are you doing?" hoping to start a conversation and be able to ask for some advice.

Selina Rosenburg's Real Font - Wedding Fonts - exmouth_.png
After the three days that had passed, Selina thought she had made some decent progress. She got some extra points to her stats and her talents. I didn't think it'd be so easy to keep getting extra points, but if this keeps up, I'd have no trouble getting new points at all! Maybe I should start thinking about doing activities that ONLY get me extra points. Well... Except a job. I'm happy I found that because I'll need that money in order to buy some items. Maybe I'll be able to buy a book about magic and see what I can glean from it. Selina practically jumped up and down in excitement as she got up and got dressed for the day. As she was heading out the door, she nearly forgot that she probably needed to equip some things to her second equipment set. As Selina walked, she pulled up her second equipment set and equipped the iron rapier, which over the last few days, she began to love, and the ring that was given to her by the man named 'Gin'. Alright. For now, that's i- Oh wait! I totally forgot to distribute my stat and talent points too! Suddenly, she remembered what Rei had told them the day they met on the roof. Don't let anyone catch you using your powers. Suddenly, Selina shut the windows that were open and ran to school.

As she went through the day, she remembered that she probably needed to call the maid cafe to say that she would be going in for the interview, since... The night before, she didn't exactly say she'd take the job. But before she did that, she went and texted the rest of the Gamers, excluding Rei. "Hey guys, after school, I'll be heading off to a job interview, so I won't be around. Thanks! <3 Love you guys~ <3" Selina sighed as she ate her lunch in peace. You know... Maybe I should distribute those points in the bathroom. No one will spot me there. As she got up, she suddenly found herself confronted by Shin Kyousaka. Oh great. Selina pretended to be surprised and sit back down with a blushing face. "A-Ah! K-Kyousaka-san... Y-You scared me." Shin blushed as she had a look of shock on his face. "O-Oh! I-I'm sorry Rose-san. W-Wait... Should I call you Rose-san?" Selina cutely laughed. "It's okay Kyousaka-san. My last name's pretty long, so you're welcome to shorten it any way you like." Selina smiled, but on the inside, she felt like pushing him aside. Why can't I just go distribute my fucking points without being interrupted? Then Shin grabbed Selina's attention as she got pulled into the hallway. "R-Rose-san. I have something important to ask you." Selina forced herself to blush and look nervous. "W-What is it, Kyousaka-san?" I swear if this is a declaration of his love, then I think I'm going to puke. "R-Rose-san... Will you... Will you go out with me?" Selina felt her stomach turn and she thought she felt something almost come up. Selina pretended to look flattered. "K-Kyousaka-san... I... I'm really flattered..." Then, in an attempt to soften the blow to him, she started to cry. "I-I'm sorry Kyousaka-san. I... I can't." And with that, she ran into the bathroom. Alright. Now I can distribute my points in peace.

As she sat in one of the stalls, she pulled up the stat window and looked where she should distribute her six points. Possibly Strength, Vitality, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Spirit. Or maybe I should also put a point into Wisdom... I suppose that could work. But... I'd rather be a mage, so... Maybe Strength isn't the best option. Alright. In place of Strength, I'll put Wisdom. Then I'll put two points into Intelligence. Alright! That sounds good to me! Then, Selina pressed the 'Accept' button.

As Selina pulled up the talent window, she heard a group of girls walk into the bathroom. They were talking, but Selina decided to ignore them as she decided where to distribute her points. Negotiation will get two points, while... One for Acrobatics. And... One for... Manipulate Device... Alright. That looks good to me. Selina pressed the 'Accept' button and as she did, she heard her name mentioned in the girls' conversation. But... In that group, there was a familiar voice. Mimi Omora. And it appeared that she was talking about Shin Kyousaka asking her out. "You know, Rose-san probably turned him down because she only dates people when they pay up. If you all know what I mean." And just to surprise her, Selina walked out of the stall with tears in her eyes. "O... Omora-san... Do you really think about me like that?" Selina didn't even listen to her response as she ran out of the bathroom 'crying'. Ha. That's what you get for being a fucking bitch.

When Selina got back to the classroom, it appeared that everyone in the room was giving her dirty looks. It's not my fault that I don't have the time or patience for a boyfriend. Especially when I have to act like a fucking goody-two-shoes. If they weren't so stupid, I'd be happy to date them, but if they can't figure me out... They're not worth my time. As Selina grabbed her lunch, she headed to the roof. I just turned a guy down. It's not like I killed him, no reason to stare at me like that.

As Selina got to the roof, she noticed that Ryuu was already there. "Hey guys~"

Last edited:

Well there was one guy who easily figured Selina's fake personality out. That guy closed the book, put it into his Inventory, and hopped off of the perch he was on. "Hello there" stated Rei as he looked at them, before giving a small nod. "Well, it seems you all have made a bit of progress since then". Rei stretched a bit, obviously having used his Skill to peek at their Stats, his two different colored eyes looking at the air in front of him, most likely looking at some windows. Currently they were in a Pseudospace, so they could talk or do whatever the want.

Rei had made a bit of progress as well. He was Level 19 right now, which was one Level higher than they last saw him. They all had leveled up twice, the level gap smaller closer than before, but the strength gap was probably still very great.

"So, what do you two want? As I assume you two, especially you" Rei was referring to Selina here as Rei knew that Selina did not like him at all and wasn't really the most sociable, "just came here to talk".

Last edited:
Selina sighed. "Apparently I'm too transparent with you... This really sucks." Selina frowned as she walked a bit closer to Rei. "I do have a reason for coming here, as you said." Selina pulled up her inventory and pulled out the 'Mysterious, Aged Scroll'. "When we were fighting some monsters, and we picked this up. I just want to know if you could identify it for me." Selina just hoped that she wouldn't have to owe Rei anything. I mean... He seemed like he'd want something in return, but... Maybe he didn't care. She secretly hoped he didn't.​

"Indeed you are, now let me see what this is". Rei took the scroll from Selina a little carefully and slowly unfurled it. He looked it over for a few moments, his eyes widening a tiny bit. He then rolled it back up, handing it back to Selina.

"That's a pretty good item. Called a Contract Scroll. Lets you make a Contract with an Imp to be able to summon it, although the Contract probably won't be for free, and without having some semblance of demonic or chaotic magic, it'll be dangerous". Rei thought for a few moments, thinking that something like that could be pretty useful, especially since he did have Chaos Magic, even if it was only initiate level.

"Ill buy it from you if you don't want it for 30,000 Yen".

As she heard Rei explain what the item was, it intrigued Selina quite a lot. An item that can summon an imp to fight for us?! OOO~ That sounds really good! It's almost like a familiar for a mage! I think I'm going to keep this! But then Rei asked to buy it... For 30,000 Yen. WH-WHAT?! IS AN ITEM LIKE THIS IS SERIOUSLY THAT GOOD?! T-THAT MUST MEAN THAT IF I KEEP IT, IT'LL BE EXTREMELY STRONG! As Selina was having an internal meltdown, she tried to make herself look calm. She paused for a second before deciding to speak again. "I have a question before I give you my answer. Is it possible... That when you make a contract with the imp... That it will level up just like us?" Selina certainly wasn't stupid. She knew that if Rei wanted it, it had some seriously good value. And because he made an offer, he probably had some idea as to what the cost of the contract was. It was also safe to assume that he probably had some experience with the type of magic that he had said. Though... She didn't bet on that idea. He did know magic, but... Since there were so many kinds of magic, it was somewhat unlikely that he would practice that kind of magic. I wonder if it will actually level up with us... And if it does, it'd be extremely useful in combat. An imp with high agility... It'd almost be like another member of our team! Also... What kind of magic does Rei practice?

"No probably not. It'll become your familiar and may be able to become a bit stronger since a Skill will most likely be given, and it may be able to level in its own way, as I heard that Familiars can grow stronger over time, but other than that it probably won't be able to become too much stronger than a regular Imp".

Rei figured that Selina would want it after he made that offer. Rei wanted it as he did practice Chaos Magic, since he figured it would have good crowd control abilities according to the description he saw on the Auction's site. And he was right, as one of the first spells he learned was a crowd control one. The cooldown and strain mechanic was annoying though, but that just gave a reminder that this type of magic was indeed dangerous.

"If anything, I know that demonic familiars and summons often feed upon their summoner's life force as payment for their services". That he did read up on after obtaining that Skill Book for the spell Summon Imp. "Meaning without alot of HP or perhaps passives related to Chaos or Demonic Magic that could possibly curb this a small bit, it would be somewhat dangerous. Even if it is an Imp, its still a demon after all".

Selina looked toward Rei with a conflicted look. I guess it's not as useful to me as I originally thought. I'm not going to put too many points into Vitality just for the sake of using that one type of summon. Plus, that kind of sounds painful. I mean... It would probably be more useful to Rei than to me, but... For some odd reason, I feel the need to hold onto it. But... If I sell it to Rei, I bet I could get a type of magic book from the Abyss Auction... This is a hard decision. Selina opened her mouth, as if to say something, but then she closed it again. "For some reason, I'm finding it hard to part with it. But... I think I'm going to let you have it. Right now, it's more of a use to you than it is to me. Also, I may not be able to make a contract with an Imp for a while. So... I'll let you have it." Selina handed the scroll to Rei. "Now hurry up and give me the money before I go and change my mind." Selina was somewhat upset that she had given it to Rei. And she wasn't even sure if the price he named her was worth it. But, in Selina's opinion, it didn't really matter. Money was money, whether it was more or less than the value, didn't really matter to her. If it was useful to someone else and she couldn't use it, she might as well give it to them.​

Rei just gave a nod, reaching into his Inventory, meaning his hand literally disappeared for a moment, before pulling it back out. To the others it was as if he was reaching his hand into a void as it vanished. This was definitely not a window to interact with in public. After he pulled his hand back out, Rei was holding a book, which he put into his school bag, then reached his hand back in. Now he pulled out 30,000 Yen and then handed it to Selina, receiving the Scroll in return, which he then proceeded to deposit into his Inventory.

"Here you are. Is there anything else you need me for?" It was a somewhat of a genuine question rather than a cold remark. He wondered if they had any useful Skills or anything else, or perhaps any other questions.​

Ryuu spoke up. "Yup!, I have a few questions too. Since we're all level 5. Imps don't give as much EXP as they used to. What do you suggest we should practice on now? And..." Ryuu then pulled up his inventory and pulled out the scroll that he got from a drop. He then continued to speak "I also got a scroll from an imp, but I don't know what it's for... is it magical or something? Speaking of which... how do you learn magic in the first place? I saw some books on the Auction site, but I imagine that that's not the only way to learn."

Rei listened to Ryuunosuke's question, it being an easy one to answer so Rei didn't even have to think on it. "When you level up your ID Create Skill, you will start to gain new IDs that you can open up. For the first ten levels, these will be IDs with monsters in them, the monsters a bit tougher at higher levels. So just level that. For instance, aside from Imps I can fight Zombies, Air Elementals, and Kobolds as well". Rei then reached into his inventory, pulling out the horn of the big Imp, which was much larger and sharper looking than the small Imps' horns.

"If you also get special materials from monsters, like this one I got from the Big Imp, or you could go to the auction to buy essence of creatures, you can use the ID Create Skill to make new monster IDs, although this could be dangerous since you won't know the level of the monster you are trying to fight until you create the ID". With that, he put the Big Imp's horn back into his Inventory. Then came his answer for Ryuu's other question as he took the scroll from Ryuu and unfurled it, looked it over for a bit, then handed it back.

"Its a Spell Scroll. If you know how to use Magic, you can use them to cast the Spell that's on it. After that, the scroll will be destroyed. The Spell on that Scroll is one that lets you summon an Imp to temporarily fight for you. So its somewhat useful... apparently..." he looked at it, saying "Hello" to the Scroll. He then tapped his finger to the air, most likely closing a window.

"Just saying 'Use Item' and holding it will use it apparently. I guess that's due to it being an Item our Gamer power gave us". With that he handed the scroll back to Ryuunosuke after rolling it back up. "Somewhat useful, if you need a small extra helping hand in battle". After that, he then proceeded to answer Ryuu's other question.

"I do not know of any other way to learn magic other than from books or finding possibly a mage to teach you".

With that, Rei figured that all of Ryuunosuke's questions were answered. "Anything else?"

Lucian awoke with a yawn and a stretch. He had been spending a lot of time getting used to his gamer skill. Actually, he had spent all of his spare time involving the power. It was like a new game that he just couldn't put down, he thought about it very often, the possibilities, where he could end up, what he should do with the power, how his life was going to change because of it.

The past three days, he spent mostly training, weither with the other gamers, smashing imps, or on his own, getting used to his current skill before trying to make a new one. That being said, his first attempt to create a new skill backfired on him, and caused a condition known as mana backlash. Based on how he felt when he had it, and the effects of it, he assumed it was the exact same thing that Ryu had happen to him the first time they all tried to learn how to make psuedospaces. Yesterday though, he really felt like he made advances in everything though, grinding the imps was starting to feel fairly easy, and he managed to put a bunch of levels into his mana flow, so he would likely be trying something new with it again tonight.

Thinking of what had happened though, and reflecting, he continued to get ready for his morning class, and while having his toothbrush in his mouth, he went through his inventory, he had collect a fair amount of horns, and would likely be selling them soon. Along with that he had that scroll...He would probably have to ask Rei about that, later on though, he didn't want to interupt his schooling, in Lucian's opinion, Rei seemed the type that took his studies seriously. Spitting in the sink, he wiped his face and finished getting himself ready, again, being happy that he pre-ironed so many clothes previously. Stepping out the door, he took in a deep breath of fresh air, and headed for school...the long way though, as he felt the need to detour through his park first.

In the middle of his class, he felt his pocket vibrate, gladly, he had set his cell on silent mode. It was a strange sight for his few friend's in class, seeing Lucian slip his phone out and look at it, as most of his friends were in that very class with him. Lucian made a slightly disgusted face though, so they decided not to question him about it.

Why does she send texts like that? Why end it in such a manner when you are nothing like that! Also, what is the point in a job when we can simply sell items we get from monsters? There seems to never be logic with this one. He shook his head and sent back the annoying one word response to her, 'Okay.' Then he slipped his cell back, and continued with the lecture.

[Fieldbox="Caleb Miroffe, green, dashed, 10, Courier New"]
Caleb lounged at home for most of the day, without much to do. In the past three days he had fallen into a sort of routine - work, grind, train, repeat. In all honesty, it wasn't all too different from his normal life, minus the fact that he now grinded and trained in real life, rather than over a screen. But, he still wondered. When he found a game he liked, Caleb would usually give his all into it, get used to the community, watch it evolve, spend unnecessary amounts of money, before the hype died down, and it was time to move on. Over the course of a couple of years, this had happened multiple times - games came and went. Glory days of pixels were short in comparison to already short human lives, after all. But now that his life was a game, Caleb found himself intrigued. It wasn't a game that he couldn't just get tired of. He couldn't turn off the screen and play something else. It was his life.

Caleb opened his stat and talent window, observing his stats. After the first day of grinding and leveling, he had allotted four solid points into Strength to adjust for his spear, and placed the other two points into Agility and Dexterity. On his talents, the four points he had gained went to Projectile weaponry, Appraisal, Stealth, and Manipulate device. As his eyes wandered around the numbers on the window, the last listed talent caught his eye.

Crafting.

As demonstrated by the past three days, simply working at the Auto Doc and experimenting gave extra points towards it. He had managed to successfully make a smoke bomb and a fireproof sheet without exploding anything. "But is the skill limited to just my range of creativity?" Caleb wondered aloud. It was time to do some research. Booting up his computer, he pulled up the site for the Abyss Auction. With a grand total of twenty three imp horns, plus his work salary, he felt quite a bit more at ease when browsing the site. After some looking, he came across the book section, where there was a good variety of oddities to learning the big wide world of crafting. Eventually, Caleb decided that it was in his best interest to purchase "Blacksmithing for beginners" over "A Big Book of recipes for weapons made from crap around your house". While he did have enough to get both books with his work salary alone, he figured that since he already had his spear, his improvised weapon days were deftly put on hiatus. As for his imp horn sales, the teen chose to keep five of the horns in his inventory. According to their description, they also had alchemic purposes. And if one plus one equaled two, then surely the realm of alchemy couldn't be far from his scope of discovery.
[/fieldbox]

Well he wouldn't be getting his salary until the end of the week, but still when he had that he would be able to buy more. Still, in reality, buying and selling these Imp Horns was probably more lucrative. He managed to get 45,000 Yen from the horns he sold. With how much the cheap book was, being 8,000 Yen, he managed to make a 37,000 Yen profit. If he could somehow get even more expensive items or grind Imps on his own, he would be able to easily make grinding his job and thus not have to worry about his current one. Truly a job to be envious of.

He now had the book in his possession after the UFO drone left, and according to a piece of paper he had 80 more points on his membership. All one had to do was read the book now, but when he actually went to more or less touch its cover, the following window appeared.

Obtained the 'Blacksmithing' Skill Book.

If he touched it again, a window asking him if he wanted to learn the Blacksmithing Skill would appear. Unfortunately if he pressed 'Yes' a light red window would appear telling him that he couldn't learn it yet, as he didn't meet all of the requirements. Fortunately the only requirement that he didn't meet was that he needed 5 Crafting, his current Crafting only being 3.

With probably more experimenting, or two level ups, he would be able to learn it. It was such a cheap purchase to, so that he would probably be able to buy something later, maybe even a book on Alchemy if he saved up a bit more. In fact, once he got his salary even in a couple days he would be able to buy it for 55,000 Yen. He could also buy it now if he used his discount, but that was probably something to save for later.​

Ryuu didn't really have any more pressing things to ask about. So, he sat down and started to open up his bento. As he started to eat, he remembered some things that he could ask about that would be nice to find out. After he swallowed whatever food that was in his mouth he asked "Well, I don't really have important questions. But, here's some minor ones that would be helpful to know about if you don't mind answering. What book would you suggest someone interested in magic to buy first? Does the The Theories of European Magic actually help you gain a beginning spell? Or would we have to wait until we buy one of the beginner elemental books?" Ryuu then paused and continued to say "Ahh, and have you ever heard of Tamashii no Ryu?"

"If it says something like Theories, then don't get it. It is most likely not a Skill Book. If its a more direct guide or how to on the other hand, then its a Skill Book. As for type of magic... it doesn't really matter, get whatever you think is best for you. And as for Tamashii no Ryu... no I have not heard of it. Sounds like a sword school of some kind". With that, Rei looked at his watch, put away his bento which he had finished, and then stood up. "Alright, well lunch is over, see you guys later".

After that, Rei left, leaving Ryuu and Selina alone. After a couple more hours school was over and now Selina could go to her job interview at the maid cafe and Ryuu could go see if he could learn from the sword school. Rei, in the meantime, was actually going to go grind some more, deciding to do so in the park near Gekkoukan, now available if anyone wanted to message him.​

School was over for the day, and Ryuu rushed out of the class towards his destination, the dojo that he had discovered a few days ago. Since it was in the outskirts of the city, the walk took quite a bit bit of time. But, Ryuu's adrenaline and excitement kept him on a vigorous pace towards his destination. After a while, he finally returned to the dojo once again. Ryuu approached the wooden gate with trepidation and eagerness. He gave a few solid knocks on the gate and loudly said out loud "Excuse me! I wish to inquire about enrolling and learning from this school! I have come back from a few days ago when it appeared that dojo was closed for a few days! Thus, I am very serious about learning the way of the sword!" Ryuu hoped that someone would answer today and that he would begin to properly learn how to use a sword starting today rather than having to resort to finding out by himself through trial and error. After all, in a real fight, there is no room for error unless one was willing to die.

Lucian placed his books into his bag, and started off to leave his class, lecture was over, he found out that he was to have a test in a few weeks, but other than that, it was mostly a review day, something that since becoming a gamer, he found to be a mostly useless class. He briefly spoke with his friends, it was nothing new to them to only really spend a handful of days a month actually socializing with him in person. His friends that were still close, also spent many hours online, so their brief in person contact in class, was usually more then enough for all of them, unless they had something like a trip planned.

After waving to his friends, Lucian went off to go to the park, His tree would be a safe place to use his gamer power without drawing attention to himself. The birds certainly wouldn't care, and most people who went through the park stopped paying notice to Lucian years ago. Doing his usual routine, He climbed up the familiar branches till he sat atop, the nest beside him, everything the same as it was, like nothing had changed. A gentle breeze ruffled his hair and the leaves of the tree, as Lucian opened a few windows. His inventory, status, skills, and messaging.

So, I have my armour and knifes ready to be pulled out simply by changing my equipment sets, and I made sure to place clothes underneath, So I have a physical barrier set up, He then looked over to his skills to look at how far he had come with his Mana Flow. Level eight? I should be able to use this to make both a defensive and offensive skill, I'll probably ask Rei about that, Then he looked back into his inventory, I should also ask about that scroll, see if it is worth keeping or selling, and if it is worth selling, I should sell these as well, and then look to purchase a book on magic, probably something a bit more in my ally though, and I still have my points to spend, so I will wait and see what I need to put them into.

With his thoughts in order, he sent Rei a message, "Hello Rei, It is Lucian, I have some items of business that I would enjoy discussing with you if you have the time, an-" He stopped. No, no, no, this is too formal, "Hey bud, want to get together? I have some items to talk about wit-" Again, this just isn't right! He stared at the blank message box, why was he having trouble with this? He took in a deep breath, and gave it a final go, "Hey, I have some questions and things I need to ask you about, you free?" He clicked send, his face slightly flustered, and his heart beat slightly accelerated. Why was this such a challenge? He let out a sigh, and kicked back, awaiting Rei's response.

Ryuu's Plea for a Teacher

"Willingness to wait only proves patience, which is indeed an admirable trait. However; to truly prove that you are serious in the way of the sword, you must prove it with your sword". The large, front 'gate' like door opened, revealing a boy about Ryuunosuke's age, probably a year or so younger possibly. Either way, he looked around eighteen years old. He was currently wearing hakama and at his hip was a wooden bokken. Above his head was an interesting bit of light blue text.

Swordsman of the Ukiha Kamikaze Ryū
Karasuma Keiichi Lv 32

His Level was high. Incredibly so, much higher than Rei's. In that regard, this guy was probably strong. Incredibly strong, probably strong enough to beat five Big Imps at a time six ways to Sunday and back. "Follow me". The boy, without asking any other questions, began to guide Ryuu inside of the dojo grounds, which were somewhat expansive. Surrounded by trees and a large wall actually. It was quite nice here. Once they got to what appeared to be more of an outside practice area, Keiichi having picked up another Bokken along the way, he handed the wooden sword to Ryuu, the boy taking a stance himself.

"Come at me, and then we will see if you are worthy of training".

Status
Not open for further replies.