The Gamers

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei's Reply

Rei had no idea that Lucian was all flustered on what sort of message to send as if he was some sort of schoolgirl trying to figure out how to ask her boyfriend out on a date, or vice versa for some sort of shy boy trying to figure out how to ask a girlfriend out on a date. Naturally Rei had no idea of whatever strange things were going on in Lucian's head. Not but about ten seconds after Lucian sent his message, he would get his reply.

Sure, Meet me at Gekkou Park

Gekkou Park. One of the few parks in the Port Island District, named Gekkou Park due to Gekkoukan High students one day renovating and cleaning up the park after it was burned down as a project. Well this was a rather simple reply on Rei's part, probably something that took only a couple of seconds of thought really.

When Lucian got there, he would suddenly notice that he was now in a Pseudospace, the following alert actually appearing before him as he felt sort of a heavy burden upon his body, as if alot of stress was being put on it.

Entered a Magic Training ID.

Spellpower for all Spells is increased by 10 and you get +10 to any Magic Score inside of this ID.

Stamina, HP, and MP Depletion are increased by 75%. EXP Gain, Skill Leveling Rate, and Stat Gain Rate are all increased by 50%.

Surrounding Rei's body was a barrier of Mana that was shaped like a more oblong dome. Probably some sort of 'Mana Shield' Skill. His body also had a bit of a blue glow to it, most likely some other spells cast on himself. Rei looked over at Lucian, as if he knew he was there despite Lucian not having called out. He raised his hand up. "ID Create". The burden seemed to go away now as his body seemed to have that burden lifted from it. They were most likely in a regular, empty ID now.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" asked Rei, who had been in the middle of a bit of grinding.​

"Well that was a different feeling." Lucian looked around as Rei changed the psuedospace, focusing again as he got closer. "Well," He looked at him, and noticed the glow around him, "I have a few things actually. Firstly, I have an Item, which I have no idea what it is, if the others saw you earlier today, they probably had similar ones." casually he opened up his inventory and pulled out the mysterious scroll, "And the other thing I wanted to talk about is magic," He pointed at him with one hand as the other held the scroll out, "Like if there is something to help make it easier to change my mana's properties..." He stopped for a moment, trying to figure out how to word the next part, "...such as harder, for example, like making it into a suite of armour around my body, or making it into like a torch, for close combat."

Rei just listened to Lucian's questions, the glow that was just around his body dissipating once he was done speaking, but the shield still remained around him. "The scroll you are holding, if it is indeed the same as the others, is a Spell Scroll for the Summon Imp spell. Lets you summon an Imp in battle and after that the scroll will most likely be used. A useful little one shot item if you ever need a small bit of extra aid, or a distraction, in a fight". Rei didn't even bother looking at it since even rolled up it looked exactly the same like the one Ryuu brought in. The one Selina showed him, and the one he bought, seemed a bit more aged then that. "Just hold it out, unrolled, and say 'Use Item' to activate it. That is what my Observe Skill told me about it anyway".

With that question answered, the shield seemed to vanish to, Rei having run out of MP according to the small bar of his that appeared in the corner of his vision. Apparently it gave how much HP and MP party members in the same area had left, which was a useful thing since it would allow for strategy in battle.

"As for using Mana... well Mana is different then Magic. Using Mana is just essentially like using energy like in anime and is different then Magic. I have a Skill that lets me control my Mana at will, which can indeed do the things you mentioned, but that is my own Skill. If I were you, i'd go on to the Auction and look for some books or use whatever Skill you have and experiment with that some more". Rei stood up now, taking a couple moments to stretch.

"Anymore questions?" he asked, wondering when he became the Gamer Teacher. He was never this talkative, but now that he had to be a teacher he was forced to be talkative. There was no shorter way to explain what he needed to explain and it was a bit annoying, but at least this information would potentially help to save their lives later.​

"Hmmhm..." Lucian placed the scroll back into his inventory, it wasn't quiet as special as he was hoping that it would be, hopefully he could sell it for a bit, it was either that or use the imp as a scapegoat at a later time. "Well, I don't know how to ask the next thing on my mind." There was two things on his mind, really, but one of them, he was trying to puish out of his mind. That alone was a challenge while he was alone, with Rei, no one else there, just the two of them in a psuedospace, but he did manage to get the more important question out. "What do you think is going to happen?" Catching a grip on himself again, the rest flowed naturally, "We are all gamers, and as you know, when a hero suddenly awakens a power in a game, it usually means that things are going to get serious. Five of us getting power around the same time, clearly something is up, you were the first of us, so what do you think we should be preparing for?"

To Be Prepared

Rei listened to Lucian's next concern and raised an eyebrow in the process. As much as he wanted to say 'there is no way something cheesy that happens in games and anime wouldn't happen in real life'. But there was the thing. Their lives were now a game. Did Gaia give those 4 the power at the same time because she knew something was going to happen? That was highly plausible. Their life was, in a way, technically a game now. The Abyss was apparently full of all sorts of people. Apparently the Auction had been able to find out about them. What was to say that someone else who was evil and incredibly strong wouldn't do the same. Sure the Auction didn't have any interest in harming them, but what is to say that the next person or group would want to harm them.

"To say that something may not happen is a lie. I mean, there is a possibility that something won't happen, and that is what I am hoping for. Right now though nothing is happening, so you have two options". Rei figured he might as well say this. "The first is to ignore your power and go about your normal lives. I read that if you live a completely normal life, the Abyss can't touch you because of the Interference Law". It was the safest one. Stop being Gamers by ignoring their abilities and just go on with their normal lives.

"The second is to just keep preparing. Gain Skills, level up, and just hope that you will be adequately strong enough to be ready for whatever may happen". That was the second option. Just a sort of keep training and hope nothing happens. "Of course, if you just grind every now and again and keep living the rest of your life normally, the risk of you getting pulled into something will be minimal. Of course..." Rei remembered telling Ryuu and Selina this. He wondered if they actually followed through with this advice.

"If you go to your Options Menu and then go to your Game Settings, there should be an option for 'Pseudospace Auto-Entry'. Turn that off and whenever you approach a Pseudospace, it'll give you an option for entering it rather than pulling you in. This will prevent you from getting forcibly pulled into Pseudospaces that you stumble across".

That would also be a way to make things safer, and he hoped that Ryuu and Selina had did the same. Perhaps hopefully the next time one of them met Caleb, they would do the same.​

Ryuu held the bokken with two hands. He loudly exhaled through his mouth and prepared himself. It was lighter than his real sword, and a bit familiar. It seemed that he would be able to translate the practice that he had with his longsword into this little demonstration. That said, this was not a fight. Their level difference was so great that one couldn't even call it a game. No, Ryuu would have to land a single, solid strike because once the swordsman started to go on the offensive Ryuu doubted that he would have the chance to recover and be able to strike back. Thus, Ryuu was determined to take the initiative and go on the offensive first.

Ryuu began by slowly, but steadily closing the distance between the two by walking with his sword ready. He would continue to do so until he was about 2 sword lengths away. Then he would try to catch the swordsman off guard or surprise him at the very least by quickly lunging forward and trying to land a swift and powerful thrust into his opponent's lower midsection.

Ryuu Sword Strike: 16 - 14 Melee Weaponry = 2

The strike was well executed. The planning was good as was the approach. Unfortunately when it came to skill and technique, Keiichi was just that much better. He managed to parry Ryuu's sword strike with ease, despite how well done it was, and before Ryuu could even react Keiichii disarmed Ryuu with one swipe of his sword and in the next had the 'blade' of the wooden bokken held to his throat.

He then put the bokken back at his hip, giving a small, impressed smile. "You seem to have some inert skill and technique. If you had been faster with your strike you would have been able to hit me, but still, you were pretty close". He went over to the now discarded bokken and picked it up, walking over to Keiichi with it before presenting it to him.

"I, Karasuma Keiichi, shall teach you the way of the sword and this... shall be your weapon for this journey. It won't be easy, but through it all we will hone your body, spirit, and mind as if they themselves were blades. Only then will you truly know the way of the sword".

Keiichi then looked up at the sky, before looking back at Ryuu. "Come back here tomorrow and we shall begin your training then, until then. Rest well and prepare your mind Shiba-dono. I shall see you tomorrow, both in school and here after school". In truth, Keiichi actually did go to Ryuu's school, but for the past week had been on vacation. He was the Kendo Club captain and in charge of Student Morals in the Student Council. Of course given Ryuu's more delinquent habits in skipping school, he may not know this.​

"So prepare for the worst, hope for the best then." Lucian opened his options and made the change that Rei had advised, "I guess that means I should just hit the grind then, get experience, level up, get loot and buy the best equipment I can use." His mind stepped back to reading the alert informing him of what type of psuedospace he entered at the beginning, and the effects that it had, "Could I train with you sometime? I don't mean sparing, or doing experience runs, but simply using the same barrier, as it seems like it makes training magic more effective, and strenuous." He stopped and looked at Rei, "If it isn't too much of an inconvenience"

Ryuu took the bokken. He smiled and said "I look forward to it, Karasuma-san. Anyways, I will see you tomorrow." Ryuu waved as he walked out of the dojo. As Ryuu continued to walk, a few thoughts came across to his mind. Even though Ryuu managed to strike with good form and strength, yet Keiichi seemed to have god-like speed and was able to parry and immediately riposte before Ryuu could even blink. Ryuu didn't know that someone that strong went to their school. He had heard about Keiichi, and how he was the Captain of the Kendo Club. That said, he was the type who kept to himself a lot of times, and he was kind of a stiff in Ryuu's opinion in school. Still, that was what made Keiichi unique after all he must be different than most people in order to be level 34.

Ryuu then came to realize that he didn't have anything planned to do, nor any real responsibilities right now. Thus, he didn't know what he could do with his free time. Walking down the road, Ryuu realized that he was free to do whatever he wanted to. Yes, he could train more, but what was the point? Ryuu wasn't too sure. He remembered his thoughts from last night and decided to make a call.

"Ah, Yamada. Are you busy right now?"

"..."

"What about the group?"

"..."

"Good! Let's all meet in front of Septemberes!"

Ryuu hadn't hung out with his childhood friends for a week now. So, it was about time that he slowed down with this Gamer business and spend some time with the people who meant to world to him. Thus, with a gusto, Ryuu began making his way to the entertainment district to see his dearest friends.

Selina Rosenburg's Real Font - Wedding Fonts - exmouth_.png
As Selina sat there, she listened to some of the questions that Ryuu had asked Rei. The magic book question actually helped her out quite a bit. Alright... So I'll need to save up some money for an elemental book... Speaking of, if I was to practice elemental magic... Which would I choose? Fire maybe? No... That seems a bit cliche. Maybe Wind? That seems like a high mobility magic... But that seems to be against what I need in an ally. Earth? That does probably have high defense, but could I use that to my advantage? I mean... I'm not defenseless, and it probably suits a mage, but... For some reason, I just don't feel like using that. Water? Possible healing properties and a super cute water nymph familiar? YES PLEASE! Selina giggled with excitement as she thought about how much money she could make off of the imp horns that she had in her inventory. Hmm... I have sixteen imp horns and if I deposited three last time... THEN... THAT MEANS THAT... THESE SIXTEEN IMP HORNS EQUAL ABOUT 40,000 YEN?! THAT MEANS THAT I HAVE A NET AMOUNT OF MONEY OF ABOUT 90,000 YEN!!! HOLY SHIT! THAT MEANS I COULD PROBABLY EASILY BUY A MAGIC BOOK OR TWO... AND IF I USED THE DISCOUNT... THEN I'D MAKE IT EVEN LESS!!! I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT THAT I COULD DO THAT! ALRIGHT! Once my interview's over... If I don't start working or doing something else, then... I need to go check out the Abyss Auction to see what I can get with 90,000 Yen!

After lunch was over and Selina had gotten out of school, she headed straight for the maid cafe. Of course, on the way there, she was practicing her alternate persona. As she walked, people looked at her weirdly as she scolded herself for not making herself cute enough or not acting nicely. Alright. Selina. You can do this. It's just a job. You can do it. It should be really easy. SUPER easy. You just walk in, answer a few questions while tricking the lady questioning you, and... Then get the job! Simple enough, right?

When Selina finally arrived at the maid cafe, it appeared that there were a number of people inside. Wow. This place is actually a bit popular for its horrible location. Oh well. It's work. Doesn't matter what amount of work I have to do. As long as I do it. Selina got the attention of one of the maids. Selina giggled before starting. "Hi there~ I'm here for a job interview!" The maid looked a little stunned by Selina. Well... I know I'm pretty, but I didn't think I was THAT pretty. I guess I'll just have to deal with people being shocked by my utter beauty from now on. Selina smiled sweetly as the maid went off to get the manager. Selina tried to act a bit nervous just to add a little bit of spice to her personality. Selina saw the maid come back in the room, but... She wasn't followed by any manager. How odd... I wonder why they didn't come out with her? And then there was a sudden popping noise behind her. Selina was definitely caught by surprise, but kept her personality in tact thankfully. Selina had fallen on the ground with a small scream and looked up at the person who scared her. WHY THE FUCK WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT TO ME?! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. THAT BITCH IS GOING TO DIE WHEN I LEAVE THIS PLACE. Selina began to cry a little as she looked up to the person. "W-Why did you do that? I... I haven't done anything to you..." Selina wiped the tears from her face as she saw a hand in front of her. "I'm sorry. So... I heard you're here for the job?" Selina continued to look at the person, confused. "Umm... Yes, I am." As Selina took the hand, the person helped her stand up. "Well... It's nice to meet you. I'm the manager of this joint, Masaki Kurami." Selina suddenly felt herself flush red. "O-Oh! I-I'm so sorry Masaki-san. Please forgive me. I didn't mean to freak all of the customers out by making a small scream and falling, then I started to cry and... I'm really sorry!" She bowed. GREAT. THIS BITCH IS MY MANAGER. "Well... From what it looks like, the customers seem to be having a fit of laughter over there." Kurami pointed to a table made of old men that were laughing. Selina actually felt embarrassed. For real. Which was quite a feat in Selina's book. "W-Well... I-I'm Rosenburg Selina. B-But... You're welcome to call me Rose." Selina's eyes darted to the floor as she stuck her hand out for the manager to shake. "Well then, Rose-chan! It seems you have quite a nice bow! That'll be quite useful to greet customers!" Selina forced her to slightly blush as she stood back up. "U-Um... Masaki-san..." Selina paused for a second. "Yes, Rose-chan?" "U-Umm... A-Aren't you going to ask me some questions?" The manager laughed. "You're so cute Rose-chan~ I actually only have one question for you. Are you ready for it?" Selina nodded and had a look of deep thought on her face. "Yes Masaki-san. I'm ready." The manager nodded her head. "Alright." The manager paused and then suddenly struck a cute pose. "Would you try on a maid outfit please?" Selina's face of deep thought soon became a blank stare, then she went into a fit of laughter. "Haha~ Okay Masaki-san. I'll try on a maid outfit." Selina smiled sweetly as she followed the manager to the back room where all the maid outfits were. Kurami was looking through one of the lockers when she suddenly pulled out a dress the color of her hair. "We're super lucky! We just got this one ordered the other day, but our other maid quit, so we didn't have anyone to wear it. But now we do!" Selina actually enjoyed the maid outfit quite a bit. She thought that it suited her quite well and the color was perfect for her. "U-Um... I'll go get changed. Please wait a few minutes. I'll try not to be too long." Kurami laughed. "I'll wait as long as you need." Selina laughed nervously as she went behind a set of the lockers. It didn't take her long to figure out that the dress was slightly larger than she first expected. It wasn't much larger, but enough for the skirt to look a little bit lower than it should've been. "M-Masaki-san... I'm all done. I'm coming out now." As she walked out, she watched Kurami's expression. It went from one of excitement to... One of extreme delight. Kurami jumped up and down as she looked at Selina. "R-Rose-chan!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! YOU'RE DEFINITELY HIRED! D-DO YOU HAVE TIME TO DO A TASK OR TWO FOR ME?" Selina slightly blushed. "I... I definitely can!" Kurami grabbed her hand and pulled her around to one of the empty tables. Kurami sat down in one of the chairs. "Well hello there~ And what might your name be?" Selina tried to access the situation quickly. She was sitting in a chair and was asking her name. Is she trying to reenact a service? Hmm... I bet she is. I'll try to answer back like a maid. Selina bowed. "Hello there master~ My name is Rose! What can I get you today?" Kurami smirked as she stood up. "You know, Rose-chan. You're a lot smarter than I thought you were. N-not to be mean or anything, but... I thought you were just another one of those dumb, pretty girls. Be glad you're not one of those or else you wouldn't be hired." Selina smiled sweetly, but on the inside, she was impressed. Masaki-san's a lot smarter than I give her credit for. I realize what the scare was for now. It was to test me. To see if I was fake or not. I'm lucky I didn't crack. "Well... I think I'm just lucky to be able to get interviewed by someone so interesting~ I thought this would be some boring old process, but... It was a lot of fun!" Selina struck a cute pose in her maid costume, and right as she did, it looked like Kurami nearly died. "R-Rose-chan!!!" Kurami suddenly hugged her. Selina found herself really shocked by this and even blushed a little bit. "U-Um... M-Masaki-san... C-Can we do this after I change out of the maid outfit? P-People are looking at us strangely." Kurami looked around the room and suddenly stopped. "Oh~ I'm sorry Rose-chan! Go ahead and change out of your outfit." Selina went in the back room and changed. When she came back out, Kurami was waiting for her like a little dog. "So... Rose-chan, what time can you come in tomorrow?" Selina paused for a second. "About how late are you open Masaki-san?" Kurami paused for a second, probably trying to remember the hours they were open. "Umm... We close at about... 9 o'clock I believe." Suddenly a girl wearing a light blue dress and glasses approached from behind Kurami. "We're actually open until 9:30 on weekdays. On weekends, we're open until 8. And occasionally, we'll have a friday where we work all night. When no customers come, that's when we just make things for ourselves and hang out." "Well... It's good to see that you know the schedule Lilly-chan!" "Masaki-san, I keep telling you, my name is Lila. Not Lilly." The girl turned to Selina. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Rekeira Lila." "I'm Rosenburg Selina, but... You're welcome to call me Rose." "I'll make sure that I remember that." Selina suddenly realized that she had no way of contacting Kurami. "Kurami-san, can I have your phone number?" Suddenly, Kurami got serious. "I'm sorry Rose-chan, but I don't date women." Selina slightly blushed. "I... I'm not asking for that reason... It's for work." Kurami laughed. "Rose-chan, you should learn to take a joke. Of course, you can have my phone number." Kurami and Selina pulled out their phones. To show that the information had been exchanged, a small beep came from Selina's phone. "Alright! Now I have a way of contacting you quickly."

Last edited:

As they talked in the employee break room, where the conversing Selina and the maids would have gone to more or less talk about Selina's new job here, the door suddenly opened. "Sorry I'm late" spoke the girl that had just entered. This girl had a rather interesting appearance and some rather familiar text above her head. At least one part of it was familiar.

Ultimate Onee-San
Amagi Shina Lv 8

Not only was the last name a bit familiar, but so was her appearance. At least the face anyway. She looked somewhat like Rei, with a couple of small differences. Her eyes were also similar, one of them being that same sky blue and another being a deep purple, only the 'position' of her eyes were switched. While Rei's left eye had been purple and right eye blue, this girl's right eye was purple and her left eye blue. Her hair also looked rather interesting. It was rather long, extending down to the backs of her knees. One half of it was white and the other was black, this split going down the middle.

"Oh, who's this?" The girl seemed to notice Selina now, Kurami looking towards Shina.

"Ah, this is Rose-chan, our newest lovely maid, her full name is Selina Rosenburg". Kurumi now somewhat introduced Selina, but just by how she called her.

Shina just gave a nod, giving a small smile towards Selina as she gave a small bow to introduce herself. "Well its a pleasure to meet you Rose-san. My name is Amagi Shina". She now was looking back at Selina. There was indeed a physical resemblance to Rei, except that this girl was much taller than Rei and also seemed alot nicer and kinder than Rei was. "That maid outfit looks quite good on you" she stated, giving a playful grin. Indeed, there was no way this girl could be related to Rei. She was actually a nice person.

Last edited:
[Fieldbox="Caleb Miroffe, green, dashed, 10, Courier New"]
Well that was a bit of a failure Caleb thought as he dismissed the window that notified him of the books talent cap. At the very least, he had the book on his possession for future use, and most of his imp horns were sold, so his funds were looking decent. Normally during this time, or at least as of late, he usually met up with the other gamers. But according to the text that Selina had sent out earlier, she was out for the day and so far there was no news coming from Lucian or Ryuu, so Caleb was a little stumped. Grinding alone didn't seem as daunting of a task as it hard once been, but he was still highly reluctant to do it. And either way, as a party of one, the ability to make multiple imp ID's was highly limited.

So, with the wind of nothing but a few thoughts, he shrugged on his backpack and stepped outside with no particular purpose in mind. In a city as big as Neo Tokyo, exploration wasn't a particularly difficult venture.
[/fieldbox]

Caleb Exploration: 2 - 5 LUK = -3

Caleb got quite lucky as he just aimlessly walked around. He found a ten thousand yen bill just sitting there. That was four Imp Horns right there. As he bent down to pick it up though he would suddenly feel his head hitting something hard, another person falling back, holding their head. "Hey hey, what do you think you're doing?!" an irritated voice spoke now. It appeared to be a female voice. Unfortunately given the hoodie she was wearing, it was hard to gauge her appearance, a pair of glasses on her face definitely.

Above her head was a bit of interesting text though.

Explosive Alchemist
Mei Lan Lv 23

She now reached out, taking the 10,000 Yen bill before standing up, brushing herself off. She would then turn to leave if Caleb didn't try and stop her somehow.

Last edited:

"Sure, if you don't get in my way. Technically I am combining two different ID Types, one that boosts magic and another that is better for training in. Technically though I doubt you have any magic yet, unless your INT somehow got to 20 and you purchased a Magic Book from the Auction. Still... the Training ID can put alot of stress on you, so if you want to use it, you probably want to work on raising your VIT some more". With that, Rei raised his hand towards the sky. "ID Create: Training Magic Ritual ID".

With that, the area changed once again and Lucian felt a heavy burden upon his body, an alert appearing before him like the one from before. Rei sat down, cross legged. "Go ahead and start, ill be restoring my MP, so don't disturb me". With that rather... cold remark, he closed his eyes, gently put his hands on his knees, and said "Meditation", probably some sort of Skill most likely.​

Explosive ALCHEMIST? Caleb's thoughts were sent reeling at the title. Alchemy. Crafting. Making things. The singular thoughts linked together to make one hell of a singularity in the teen's head. "Excuse me! Please wait a sec!" Caleb exclaimed suddenly. He snapped into a strict ninety degree bow, his arms glued right to his sides. "Please take me as your apprentice!" Of all the things to stumble upon while on a small walk, an alchemist was the last thing he expected. But, his uncle had been keen on drilling into his head, even at a young age, that opportunities were not to be wasted. If heaven was smiling upon him now, then he figured that it was probably in his best interest to cling to it's graces. And while his position did look rather... Shame inducing, he figured it better to prostrate himself now.
[/fieldbox]

You Know Too Much

The girl had turned away right when Caleb made his outburst, the various people walking about not really paying attention. As soon as he said this, the girl seemed to raise her hand to the sky. It was clear that now the two of them were in a Pseudospace as the people around them all seemed to vanish. Now the girl seemed to turn around very quickly, reaching into the pocket of her hoodie as she did so. Now as Caleb sat there, with his ninety degree bow, he would see that there was a gun pointed right at his head.

"Raise your head slowly... and explain to me who you are right now and how you know whatever it is that you know. You clearly have powers, or you wouldn't be able to be in this Pseudospace". It was clear that Caleb might have said something he shouldn't have. If he didn't answer carefully, this could end badly for Caleb as he could receive a bullet to the brain. A bullet from a gun that looked a bit like it was from older times. It looked like an old flintlock pistol, but had some sort of small glass orb at the bottom of its grip that seemed to be glowing red a bit.

Caleb kept his lips in a tight line as he slowly brought his head up. He tried to keep his eyes on the figure before him, though his eyes often strayed to the gun that was pointed right at his head. The familiar silence of the Pseudospace permeated his ears. Though, despite the obviously ominous situation, he found himself calm - likely the effect of the gamer passive. Running away was obviously a bad choice, as was going on the offensive. But, Caleb was well aware that he honestly had no ill intentions. It was just a matter of properly expressing them.

He held slowly moved his palms face up, a sign to show that he had nothing in his possession at the current. "My name's Caleb, Miroffe Caleb," he spoke in a calm, even voice. "I'm a..." Caleb paused, fighting to remember the words. "A... Natural ability user," he explained. "Though, I'm honestly fairly new to the whole... Ability thing. I've only really had it for a week," he added nervously. He frowned a little, fighting the urge to resort to one of his usual nervous quirks. Do not move your hands, Caleb he thought furiously at himself as he gnawed at his bottom lip. Oh god... Please don't shoot me... Not sure if it'll kill me with the whole gamer thing, but dear lord its gonna hurt Caleb lamented.
[/fieldbox]

Spill the Beans or Brains

"Natural Ability User?" Mei Lan was looking at Caleb now, still pointing the gun right up towards his head. Yes he was taller than her while standing, but that didn't mean a gun barrel inches from a person's face wasn't any less intimidating. "You still haven't answered my question". She now flipped her thumb over a small switch on the back, which was how this unique gun was cocked. The light, red glow coming from the small glass sphere at the bottom of the grip became a little brighter now.

"Who are you, and how do you know what you know". She continued to point the gun right in his face, not moving a muscle. "Even if you have a natural ability like clairvoyance, there's no way you could know what you seem to know with only a week's worth of having it. Plus, you don't seem all that bright, and Clairvoyants usually exhibit genius levels of intelligence. Meaning you wouldn't have done something this stupid". Now she had the gun pointed more or less right at the center of his forehead, the barrel close enough to practically be grazing it.

"So I will ask one more time. If you are working for someone who told you, then tell me who you really are and who you are working for. If that's not the case, then tell me how exactly you know". She was now pressing the barrel to his forehead now. "You get one more shot. Otherwise ill pull the trigger and shoot a flame bullet right into your skull". Things were getting pretty tense now. If Caleb didn't start spilling some beans, it would be his brains spilling instead. Of course, that was if as a Gamer he could spill brains, which he probably couldn't given the Gamer's Body. Still, head shots in games often did alot more damage. Given that she was wielding some sort of magical gun with how it was glowing, it would probably be enough to kill him with a direct, point blank shot to the head.

Caleb gulped. The smooth, cold trace of the gun's barrel to his forehead made the situation astonishingly real. 'Stay calm. Don't say anything unnecessary. Just the truth... The whole, lonesome truth,' the teen rationalized in his head. "I'm not working for anyone," he said slowly. 'Unless you count my uncle at the Auto Doc... Caleb thought offhandedly. "I have this ability that makes life into a literal video game," he explained. "I have stats and gain exp. I can see peoples' names and levels above their heads. For example, your title tells me that your name is," he paused, glancing at her title," Mei Lan...? Level twenty three. Explosive alchemist." Caleb took a breath, gathering his thoughts. "Other than that, I don't know anything about you. I could use a skill to possibly get more information, like your stats and such. But its just a brief analysis, so it doesn't give any real non-numerical information," he added. "There are also a couple other people like me. In total including me there are f-five people," he finished. 'Darn it. I almost made it through without stuttering...' Caleb internally sighed.

It was a classic cliché in movies to have one's life flash before their eyes as they clung onto the last bits of life. Caleb's own personal dance with death was nothing so dramatic. His head was clear, despite the somewhat frantic mantra of 'please don't kill me's echoing in his head. And a bit of clamminess on his hands. He did wonder though, what would happen to his body? As per the gamer's body passive, there shouldn't have been blood, unless the ability wore off after he died. And what about the fact that he was in a Pseudospace? Caleb almost chuckled. 'I could be very well about to die right now and of all things to think about, I'm wondering what's gonna happen to my body when I'm gone.'
[/fieldbox]

Mei seemed to listen to his explanation, cocking an eyebrow as she did so. It all sounded so... stupid really. But it was also intriguing. From the way he was, nervous like this, he didn't seem like any real threat. After a few long moments of silence after Caleb finished his explanation and had a chance to contemplate things mentally, she pulled the gun back, putting it back into her hoodie's inner pocket.

"A game-like ability huh?" She looked over him for a few moments. "So you're one of those newbies that have been quite a point of interest in the information market on the Abyss Auction as of late". Well, it seemed like Caleb was no longer in immediate danger of getting shot, but that didn't mean that he shouldn't let his guard down by acting stupid.

"So you said you have some sort of Game power that lets you see things huh? A power that actually managed to get you attention from the Messengers of Gaia for more than five seconds" She was a bit curious now, intrigued at this. If he was able to see the fact that she was an alchemist, something she didn't really tell anyone, then this was something worth looking into. It was all for the sake of science after all, or Alchemy in this case.

"Alright, ill consider making you my apprentice on one condition. Tell me everything that your little power is capable of, with proof of course". With that she took a step back, her arms crossed as she was waiting now, waiting to see what he could do or what he could show her.​

Status
Not open for further replies.