The Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryuu leaned forward with his hand clenched hard on his chest. His eyes remained shut and he clenched his teeth. He heard of stories of people's speen exploding randomly and the excruciating pain that followed right after. He imagined that this was the kind of pain that they felt. Something quite literally exploding inside of him. It was hard to describe, but the pain was there. After several seconds, the worst of it passed, and Ryuu managed to respond with a short answer "Yea, I'll be alright." He took a deep breath and continued to speak "I'm feeling a bit better already." as he feebly raised his free hand and gave a thumb's up. Ryuu hobbled over to a nearby chair and sat. It was difficult to stand. A few more moments would pass and the pain would slowly subside, but he felt... tired. Not physically, but he was mentally drained. It was as if he had just taken a difficult 6 hour long test.

But, he could talk now since the worst of the pain had gone. He then tried to focus on his status and the window. "Ahh, I lost half of my HP... and my mana. It's gone... Mana Backlash? Wha... what is that? Sounds like some sort of disease based on what the description is saying." Ryuu said in a half joking manner. Course, the joke was in pretty poor taste, but it was his way of not getting anyone too alarmed. "Man, I really wanted to try and learn something awesome, but I guess... today just isn't my day."

With very basic knowledge on this younger, but more experienced gamer, Lucian simple stood and listened, with his arms crossed, to his explinations on what to do to create this alternate space, the psuedospace as they called it. Leaning towards caution though, he let others try it out first, watching Caleb succeed, gave Lucian a slight boost to his confidence, Yeah, if he can do it, so can I. He thought to himself, then he saw the other side of the spectrum, a failure. "That didn't look like it went as planned." He watched Ryu, move aside in pain. He gave the thumbs up though, so it must be good enough for the next person to try right? And logic would dictate that one of them failing meant good chances of the others succeeding, right?

"I'll give it a try this time." Lucian stepped forward, then unbuttoning his shirt's sleeves, pulled his sleeves back, "So just reach up, and invision what we want to happen, but don't force try to force it?" He spoke rhetorically. Closing his eyes, he tried to picture it. An energy in his body, moving, flowing, gathering it up his arm, directing it to his hand, and release. Like a tree. He was the trunk, his energy would come out like the branches and the leaves, creating a canopy that would cover all.

[Fieldbox="Caleb Miroffe, green, dashed, 10, Courier New"]
Caleb stood shell shocked. Then he smiled. It had felt surprisingly good to make the pseudospace. He hadn't quite been 100% confident about it, but it had worked, so he wasn't complaining. Not to mention, the new skills he had obtained seemed pretty useful. 'Mana sphere... Sounds like a mage type move,' he observed before he closed the window. Personally, while mages were ideal magic burst units, Caleb had never quite enjoyed the squishiness that had come along with them. That being said, tanking wasn't particularly his strong suit either due to his more passive style of play. 'Well, its not like we have classes anyways,' he resolved with an internal sigh.

Caleb jumped out of his thoughts when he noticed Ryuu slump over. He bit his lip nervously at the sight of his pain. As Lucian stepped up to give it a try, Caleb fell back a took a seat near Ryuu. "The day's not over yet, so maybe you can try again when you've healed up a bit," he suggested tacitly. "To be honest, I tried using one of my skills earlier today and it ended up filling my entire apartment in smoke," Caleb confessed while rubbing the back of his neck. "So I guess that some of these gamer skills are gonna take all of us at least some time to get down right," he concluded with a sheepish smile. Encouraging others has never been Caleb's strong suit. Heck, he had once actually made a girl cry because he had tries to be "encouragingly honest" when he was little. But as he had thought before, breaking the ice with the other gamers wasn't quite a bad idea.
[/fieldbox]

Lucian's Attempt

Rei sighed a little and walked over to Ryuunosuke. "Unfortunately Mana Backlash doesn't go away quickly. I got it once, the only way I could heal it was by going to bed, since we heal everything fully after a good night's sleep in bed. Now hold still while I restore your HP". Rei placed his hand upon Ryuunosuke's arm, saying "Heal" as he did so. Rei's hand would suddenly be enveloped in a soft, yellow light as Ryuunosuke suddenly felt his physical pain beginning to melt away. Within just a few seconds, Ryuunosuke would see that his HP bar was fully healed. His MP bar was still empty though.

"There, all done". With that Rei went to a different table and sat down to watch Lucian's attempt at performing this task.

Calling forth Energy: 13 - 11 Focus = 2

Lucian could indeed feel the energy in him and was pretty easily make it flow up his arm into his hand, his hand glowing blue now as he attempted to connect his energy and will with that of Gaia's.

Connecting to Gaia: 16 - 11 Focus = 5

Again, Lucian had a pretty easy time with this as well. For someone who had never executed anything like this before, he was pretty good at it. Perhaps it had to do with his decent Wisdom Stat. Regardless, soon enough he easily created a Pseudospace. Right after he did so, several windows appeared before him.

A Skill has been created through a special action. Through skilled execution of flowing your mana through you the ability to more properly do so, Mana Flow, has been created.

Mana Flow (Lv 1: 0%) (Active: 5 MP/Second)
+1 MP Regen, +5% MP
You know the basics of how to control the flow of Mana within your body. With the right mindset and application, this ability can become highly useful by leading to the creation of other rather useful abilities. To Level: Practice Mana Flow, Create Skills using this Skill

A Skill has been created through a special action. Through practicing the creation of Pseudospace, the ability to more freely do so; ID Create, has been created.

ID Create (Lv 1: 0%) (Active)
Creates a Pseudospace in which you can use special powers in freely. Current Instances Available: Empty ID, Imp ID. To Level: Create an ID, Clear an ID, Create a new type of ID.

Rei simply used ID Escape once again to break this next newly created ID, looking towards Selina now. "Alright, its your turn. After your turn, then you all will try for the ID Escape Skill one at a time. It works essentially the same as when you guys practiced creating a Pseudospace, only instead of the will to create a Pseudospace you employ the thoughts of getting out of said Psuedospace. So Selina-senpai, create your own ID, then break it, then each of you one at a time go about creating your IDs and then breaking them".

Once again now Rei waited for each of them to go about their attempts. Well, except for Ryuunosuke anyway. He would probably have to wait until tomorrow to try any of this. Still, he would at least be able to fight because after this came the slightly harder part. Properly fighting Imps to gain experience. Rei hoped that they had some good weapons on them, otherwise he would have to go borrow (without permission) some from the sports clubs.

Selina Rosenburg's Real Font - Wedding Fonts - exmouth_.png
Selina looked around the roof of the school and saw Rei, Caleb, and Ryuu. She was happy to see all of the other men. WHY THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN?! I FEEL LIKE THIS IS SOME KIND OF PRACTICAL JOKE ON MY PERSONALITY. God damn. You can't seriously just have another woman have this power Gaia? Seriously? As Selina clenched a fist, she stopped acting like Lucian's onee-sama. Why do I have to go around and drag this guy around? It's starting to get fucking annoying. He needs to start doing his own shit. Rei explained that since they helped him, he was going to teach them a few things. Something about making a pseudospace. Let's hope that this is easy. I'd prefer not to take my time doing something super hard.

Selina looked at Caleb, who was valiant enough to try first. Alright... Let's see what Caleb does... Caleb raised his hand into the air and it appeared like he was concentrating on doing all of the things that Rei had mention earlier. Soon enough, Caleb had done it. Well... That doesn't seem too hard. Next up was Ryuu. This didn't go over as smoothly as Caleb's did. Alright... Maybe it's not as easy as it looks... Then Lucian went and he was successful. Oh dear... Is this a fifty-fifty chance thing? Because I swear if I get hit like Ryuu did I am going to go up to one of the guys and punch the shit out of him.

Selina looked Rei in the eye. "Alright. I'll certainly try." Immediately after she said that, she closed her eyes and raised her hand up towards the sky. She concentrated on collecting some invisible form of energy. You can do this Selina. You can do this. C'mon Selina. Just imagine your hand as a vacuum, sucking up energy from the air and from your body. You can do it. You can do it.

Selina's Attempt

Calling forth Energy: 0 (Critical)

Even though it wasn't necessarily the proper way to connect to one's own Mana, calling it forth from not just around her, but from within her, she still managed to do so instantly. She not only pulled the Mana from within her to her own hand, but even a bit of blue glow from the area around her gathered to her hand a bit as well. Not a whole lot, but just a little bit. Still it was a flawless connecting to her energy within. The next part was to connect with Gaia.

Connecting with Gaia: 74 - 9 Focus = 65

This part wasn't as easy as connecting to her inner energy, but nonetheless she managed to succeed anyway, creating a Psuedospace. A several windows appeared for her after she succeeded both endeavors.

A flawless usage of willpower and thought to connect with your energy has made you better at focusing your mind.
+1 Focus.

A Skill has been created through a special action. By using your will to gather energy from within, and thus even somehow pulling it from without, the ability to more properly do so, Mana Gather, has been created.

Mana Gather (Lv 1: 0%) (Active)
You utilize your will and your own energy within to gather it and energy from around you to your hand. On its own, this can be used to restore 10 MP, but has a cooldown of 5 Minutes. With the right mindset though, this Skill can be used for various unique applications. To Level: Use Mana Gather, Experiment with Mana Gather, Create new Skills using Mana Gather.

A Skill has been created through a special action. Through practicing the creation of Pseudospace, the ability to more freely do so; ID Create, has been created.

ID Create (Lv 1: 0%) (Active)
Creates a Pseudospace in which you can use special powers in freely. Current Instances Available: Empty ID, Imp ID. To Level: Create an ID, Clear an ID, Create a new type of ID.

Then came the next part. Breaking from said Pseudospace. This was, supposedly, a bit easier now that she knew how to make one.

Breaking the Pseudospace: 36 - 10 Focus = 26

Again, this was much easier than creating one, the Pseudospace that Selina just created being broken by her. Upon succeeding in doing so, the following windows appeared for Selina.

A Skill has been created through a special action. Through practicing the destruction of a Pseudospace, the ability to more freely do so; ID Escape, has been created.

ID Escape (Lv 1: 0%) (Active)
Allows you to escape from an ID. When trying to force an ID open or trying to forcibly break an ID, +1 is added to your score for doing so. To Level: Escape, Forcibly Break an ID, Forcibly Enter an ID.

Now with that done, the others would have their chance to test out their new ID Create Skill and then attempt to break said Pseudospace to try and get the ID Escape Skill that Rei mentioned, something that would also undoubtedly be useful in the future.

Last edited:
Time for Fighting Once Again

Soon enough all of those who could, which meant everyone excluding Ryuunosuke and Selina who already succeeded, had managed to succeed in utilizing the technique for breaking a Pseudospace and thus these two windows would appear before them.

A Skill has been created through a special action. Through practicing the destruction of a Pseudospace, the ability to more freely do so; ID Escape, has been created.

ID Escape (Lv 1: 0%) (Active)
Allows you to escape from an ID. When trying to force an ID open or trying to forcibly break an ID, +1 is added to your score for doing so. To Level: Escape, Forcibly Break an ID, Forcibly Enter an ID.

Once they all had successfully performed the Skill, Rei stood up from his seat. "If you have any weapons, take them out. I assume you probably do, anyway. Its time to see how you all fight and hopefully Level Up from this". Rei grabbed a chair and walked over to the raised part where he had been sitting when Caleb first arrived and used it to climb up there. He gave them a a bit to get their weapons out and get into position. Once they were in position, Rei raised his hand up to the sky.

He stopped though, realizing something. "You guys should probably get into a party first, so you all will share EXP, if this is anything like an MMO... then you will only get EXP for the things you directly kill and leveling up will be slow. Ill go ahead and make it for the sake of convenience, I probably won't get any EXP though since my level is much higher than yours, but I will be sitting out anyway. So it doesn't really matter". Rei began to think for a moment, guessing that creating the party came first.

"Create Party". He looked in front of him for a moment. "So I have to name it huh..." but a scowl appeared on his face after saying this. "I don't want to name it that". So he tapped the air before him, most likely pressing a button. "Bus Riding..." It was simple enough. After that, he looked towards the group. In some games, multiple targets could be sent party invites at once for the sake of convenience. What words would be used for it though? Some came to mind. "Party Invite All". He remembered that from one game he played once.

Fortunately it worked. A window appeared before each of them, with "Yes" and "No" buttons at the bottom as well as a timer counting down from 60. While each of them could only see their individual windows that appeared before them, Rei was a bit surprised that he could see the ones he sent them as well.

Rei Amagi has invited you to the party "Bus Riding"

Hopefully they would all accept so that they would be able to get EXP equally and level up more quickly. With that said and done, Rei raised his hand towards the sky. "ID Create: Imp ID"

Suddenly the area was once again enveloped in a Pseudospace and six Imps appeared. Rei, atop his perch, watched the group, figuring he would observe the different ways a Gamer could fight. It would be interesting. Plus, he was curious as to what Skills they acquired beyond ID Create and ID Escape, if any others at all.

Well isn't this something. Lucian thought to himself, his skill didn't have a direct combat use, but he could think of countless ways in which he would use his skill as a cornerstone for getting many useful skills. The fact that it increased his mana regen and gavea percentage boost to his max mana was a nice bonus on top of it. He stood and watched as Selina also attempted, and was ina a bit of awe, as she managed to do amazingly well at the start. Maybe there is something special to the girl after all?

Afterwards, they were told to get ready to fight, that they would be leveling up, which would mean hitting the grind. "Alright," Lucian stretched a bit, then pulled out both of his knives from his inventory, holding one in each hand, "I'm about as ready as I can be." From watching anime, reading manga, and playing many games, he had a general idea of how fighting with knives should look, or at least the coolest ways to hold them, and the knowledge that he would need to throw some kicks out there and utilize his body and its motion. His enthusiasm dropped when he saw the name of the party he was joining though, "Really? Bus riding?" He shook his head.

Ryuu watched as everyone else was successful in their endeavours. "Ahh, damn it! I want to try again, but this Mana Backlash thing won't let me until it goes away." It appeared that he had recovered by this point as he practically jumped out of his chair. Then he heard Rei issue his little challenge. It looked like they would be fighting imps again, but this time the group was better prepared than last time. Ryuu retrieved the rusty piece of pipe from his inventory. He was ready this time around... or at least he was more ready than last time. Things could still go bad this time as well. They were only lv 1 after all. Ryuu received the party notification and accepted it. Soon after, the pseudospace was created and a familiar enemy appeared right before Ryuu.

Thus, Ryuu took the initiative. He yelled "Let's go!" as a form of encouragement to this group. These imps were dangerous in large numbers, so it was important to whittle down their numbers as soon as possible. Ryuu went ahead and targeted one of the imps that were furthest from the pack. This wasn't just to minimize his exposure to the other imps. Rather, he was very aware of his environment. They were on top of a rooftop. Gravity could prove to be a useful weapon as well especially when you consider how short these imps were. Ryuu remembered how Lucian punted an imp before. So, Ryuu thought that he could try to swing his piece of pipe like a baseball ball and hit the imp towards the closest ledge of the school.

More Imp Punting

Ryuunosuke decided to attempt to smack an Imp with his rusty piece of pipe. Rei, who took out his PFP, alternated now between the game he was playing and watching their fight.

Imp Batting: 94 - 9 Melee Weaponry = 85

Unfortunately, Ryuunosuke's attack wasn't well executed and the Imp easily dodged the attack. Perhaps the residual pain from the Mana Backlash was having an affect on him. Either that, or a baseball bat swing wasn't necessarily the best attack.​

"I think it just isn't your day." Lucian watched Ryu initiate the fight, Alright! I'll show him how it is done! Lucian sprinted towards an imp, he thought of opening up with a kick again, but decided that it would be best to use the knives he had, he would use both blades to stab them both into his first victim, using the momentum to get the blades in deep.

[Fieldbox="Caleb Miroffe, green, dashed, 10, Courier New"]
Caleb chuckled a little as he accepted the party invite. 'Well, I guess it is accurate,' he thought. Opening up his inventory, he pulled out the lighter and the tin of oil. Despite his obvious failure with the smoke bomb, he was more confident with his other idea. He just needed to find an opening. Looking at his inventory, he pulled out both the wrench and held it in his hand. It was a no brainer that holding both the tin and wrench would inhibit his abilities. So he chose to compromise. Caleb looped the wrench onto his belt loop and held the oil tin and lighter in both of his hands.

To properly execute his idea, he knew that he needed an opening. He observed Ryuu and Lucian carefully. After a second of quick debating, he targeted a group of imps slightly to Lucian's left. Caleb ran in, following the path Lucian took, but making a sharp turn left when he came within about two meters of the the knife wielder. With the oil tin open, he swung his arm, using the momentum of his dash along with his arm swing to splash oil over a couple nearby imps from a small distance. Inwardly praying that enough oil had hit the imps, he lit the lighter in his other hand and made an low underhand toss at the the center imp.
[/fieldbox]

First Lucian ran forward, wielding two knives now. Kitchen knives really weren't meant to be combative weapons, but that didn't mean they couldn't be. Rei knew that they would eventually, and by eventually he meant soon. Otherwise they would probably die if they kept fighting with weapons like those. Still, for now they would suffice.

Running Stab: 5 - 11 Melee Weaponry + 25 Distance Penalty = 19

Full Hit!

Damage Dealt: 17

A red 17 appeared over the Imp's head as the knives went deep into the creature, the running stab actually working and dealing some decent damage. The knives were now buried in deep as well, the creature in obvious pain as it was snarling angrily in pain at Lucian.

Now Caleb acted, quickly throwing oil towards two imps and then throwing a lit lighter, not checking to see if the oil hit first before he threw the lighter.

Oil Throw: 35 - 9 Thrown Weapons = 26

Hit

The oil hit, the imps being slightly doused with it. There wasn't that much in the can, but there was enough.

Lighter Throw: 7 - 9 Thrown Weapons = -2

The lighter hit one Imp, causing the creature to burst into flames since oil was indeed flammable. Unfortunately, as the Imp let out screeches of pain as i twas caught on fire, the other Imp that got doused in oil wasn't able to get away. So unfortunately it also got caught in flames. The damage numbers were racking up over their head, until quickly enough the two imps fell to the ground, their bodies vanishing as they died. In the place of one of them, something fell. A very small object. Unfortunately there wouldn't really be much time to examine it until after the fight was over.

Still now two of them were dead, which left only four more. Unfortunately with no more oil and lighter, an attack like that wouldn't work again.​

Either Selina didn't know what to do at the moment or she was distracted by something. It wasn't like the Gamers could be sent into any form of hysteria or experience immense terror. Their minds would seem calm during situations when normal people would be freaking out, possibly due to The Gamer Skill making them immune to psychological affects. Regardless, she didn't act in time, giving the Imps their chance to counter against the three who did decide to attack.

Seeing Caleb as the most threatening, but now unarmed, of the bunch two of the four remaining Imps went after him, slashing at him with powerful claw swipes. They were swift, despite what earlier evidence was stated. The first one would have barely missed, if it hadn't been for the fact that the second approaching Imp flanking him a bit making its attack harder to dodge. Luckily its claws didn't get in too deep, his HP bar appearing in the corner of his vision not draining too much, a red '5' appearing both over his head, for the others to see, and next to his HP bar for a moment to show just how much damage he took. (GM's Note, this is how damage notifications will appear from now on)

Unfortunately, thanks to him managing to mostly dodge the swipe of the first one, the second one was easily able to move swiftly into the opening to dig its claws in deep. A much more painful looking 14 Damage was dealt by that second Imp's swipe. Despite being seemingly unintelligent demons, they were definitely showing both speed and intelligence in working together. Alone they probably wouldn't be that much of a challenge, but in numbers these creatures were definitely a threat.

Luckily for Caleb, a couple of windows did appear before him after enduring that nasty total of 19 Damage. Ones that would probably be a big help.

A Skill has been created through a special action. By enduring physical pain, the ability to better do so; Physical Endurance, has been created.

Physical Endurance (Lv 1: 0%) (Passive)
+5% HP, +1 Constitution. You know how to better resist pain and physical damage, allowing you to survive tougher hits and take more punishment. To Level: Take Physical Damage, Take Massive Physical Damage, Survive a Fatal Blow, Endure a Critical Strike

The third Imp was currently in a face to face confrontation with Lucian, Lucian having stuck his knives deep into the creature's torso. It was in alot of pain right now, so it angrily thrashed its claws out at Lucian to try and get him off. Unfortunately the claws lashed in deep for , and with the Imp's seemingly somewhat superior physical strength despite its smaller, three foot tall form, it was able to actually push Lucian back with its rending claws, claws which did a pretty bad looking 13 Damage to him.

This Imp, now that it was free from Lucian for the moment and very badly wounded, took a chance to move back a small hop backwards to create a small bit of distance between them. The distance between them close, but not entirely all that close.

The fourth Imp decided to go after Ryuunosuke. It was the one that he just attacked after all, so they were right next to one another. Unfortunately it was able to get him before he could dodge or parry the Imp's claws, rending him for 13 Damage. Unfortunately with how swift its strike was, and how well executed, it also was able to back away as well, getting out of immediate striking range of Ryuunosuke.

Fortunately though with two Imps down and one possibly critically injured, the Gamers were in a good position for a counterattack that could either kill all of them or thin their numbers enough so that they would run away.​

Ryuu sneered a bit as he missed majestically and then took a hit from the imp. "Grr, it's just not my day today." Ryuu said out loud, but to no one in particular. He then took a quick look around. Caleb's stunt had taken out two imps, which helped a lot, but now he was outnumbered and took two hits. In fact, everyone fighting looked pretty bad since everyone took a solid hit from the imps. Ryuu yelled "Oi Selina! What are you doing! Wake up and help Caleb!" in frustration. Ryuu then started his attack on the imp that just hurt him. He closed the distance and took a downward swing as if he were trying to land a brutal hit on the imp's head. But, this was a feint. He would continue through and try to hit the imp's legs in an attempt to sweep the imp's legs from right under it.

Last edited:
Ryuunosuke, after barking to Selina to stop spacing out, attempted to perform quite the tricky maneuver using that rusted piece of pipe in his hands. A feint. Instead of just bashing the Imp's brains in, he would try to trip the beast instead after moving in to seem like he was busting its brains in. A maneuver that, of course, would only work if he managed to fool the Imp.

Feint: 80 - 5 Charisma = 75

Unfortunately, Ryuu wasn't exactly the best actor and these Imps did actually appear to be somewhat intelligent. Not all that intelligent, but at least somewhat. It seemed to be able to see right through Ryuunosuke's feint so instead it would be able to try and dodge the sweeping blow to its legs.

Leg Sweep: 49 - 9 Melee Weaponry + 25 Predicted Attack Penalty = 65

Unfortunately since it seemed to predict the leg sweep after the failed feint, it seemed to be able to somewhat nimbly dodge out of the way of the attack. Unfortunately for it, the Imp had to dodge in a way as to create a distance gap between the two, meaning its next attack would have to be from a small gap rather than a close up, much harder to dodge attack.​

"That hurt, but gladly my clothes aren't damaged, and neither is my will to fight." Lucian had let go of his knives while taking a hit from the imp, but seeing the opportunity in front of him, decided to charge for it. Taking a moment to size up where he would need to land the hit, he went for it, "Running Kick!" He felt like a real video game character, shouting out a move as he went for it, trying to kick those knives in deeper. It was a bit of a risk, but so was fighting against demons in the first place.

While he didn't actually need to shout out the name of this Skill, not that he apparently knew, it was a good thought anyway. The knife was the target, Lucian literally planning to plunge the thing into its child sized body.

Lucian Kick: 20 - 8 Fisticuffs + 25 Small Target Penalty = 37

Hit!

Damage Dealt: 8

Fortunately the kick struck true. This planted the knife even deeper in the beast, as if it had been stabbed once again by the blade. The creature gave one final howl before it finally fell over after a red 8 had flashed over its head, disappearing as it did. In its place a small object was there, but there was no time to examine what the small, blackish looking object was, probably a horn or claw or something. The creature was defeated and a notification popped up for Lucian. Well two for Lucian actually, although the second of which was one that would have appeared for everyone. Along with any HP or MP they had lost, excluding Ryuu's lost MP because of Mana Backlash, would return. The pain from any wounds they received would also dissipate since their HP was healed.

Running Strike's Level has gone up by 1.

Your Level has gone up by 1.

Selina, hearing Ryuu's sudden bark at her as well as seeing the sudden Level Up notification for herself, seemed to snap out of whatever space she was in. Brandishing her knives, and possibly any aggression she had not only towards these Imps, but that cold otaku prick; she ran forward towards one of the Imps. With three down and three to go, now there was only one Imp on Ryuu and another two on Caleb. So naturally she ran towards the two on Caleb and, figuring if that stupid Lucian could do it, decided she could do it now by stabbing her knives into one of the Imps on Caleb.

Selina Running Stab: 23 - 10 Melee Weaponry + 25 Distance Penalty = 38

Hit!

Damage Dealt: 6

Unfortunately unlike Lucian's dual stabs, her's didn't get in as deep and thus weren't stuck inside of the Imp. Still, she did manage to do a small bit of damage to one of them as well as hopefully prevent future flanking as well as one of the Imps now clearly had its attention on Selina now since she did just try to stab it. Furthermore, the two following notifications would appear for Selina.

A Skill has been created through a special action. Through adding the force of a sprint to an attack, the ability to more properly do so; Running Strike, has been created.

Running Strike (Lv 1: 0%) (Passive)
When you charge forward, flowing the momentum of your movement into your strike, you increase the damage you deal by an amount equal to 10% of your Movement Speed. Be careful though, as charging can leave you open to enemy attacks. To Level: Attempt a Running Strike, Execute a Running Strike, Defeat an Enemy, Score a Critical Strike.

The battle was definitely in their favor now. Since they had all just leveled up and Selina had snapped out of whatever was going on with her. Furthermore since everyone was fully healed now, except for Ryuu's MP, these Imps were in for a world of trouble now. Of course, that didn't mean that the battle was over yet. It just meant that things were now much more in the Gamers' favor, especially with a much more powerful Gamer who did say that he would help them if things got bad.

The rest of the fight went by rather well. The last three Imps were easily dispatched, netting another bit of EXP for the Gamers. Also these last three Imps seemed to have Items be dropped in their place as well. Things finally seemed over, Rei hopping down from his on high perch. "Well you did pretty good. You all should split those Imp Horns amongst yourselves, they can sell for a small bit of money on the Abyss Auction. Sell enough and you could buy yourselves some real weapons, as you won't last long fighting with crappy equipment like that".

Rei looked around for a moment, for some reason, but just shook his head. "Anyway. Go ahead and apply your points. I recommend getting your Observation Talent to Rank 5 if you are able to. A useful Skill will come from that. Also I recommend that you all increase your Vitality. It bolsters HP and Physical Defense, or Constitution as it is called, so you'll have a higher chance of surviving. Anyway, level up and after that, since you are pretty close to Leveling, you can fight some more Imps".

Rei waited now for them to apply their Stats, figuring there would be some more time to fight some more Imps. Of course, Rei would have to get one of them to create the Pseudospace since his ID Create for creating Monster IDs was still on cooldown though.​

The fight ended without any problems once the group leveled up. Ryuu thought about the fight with the imps. They were very reliant on their claws to attack. It would be great if it were possible to somehow hold or bind the imps arms to prevent them from slashing with this claws. An idea then popped into Ryuu's head. He went into his inventory and took out the bundle of rope. He remembered his trip to America and saw some cowboys and ranchers. They used a tied rope to capture and take down calves and cows. Lassoing was what it was called if Ryuu remembered correctly. Thus, Ryuu wanted to try and recreate a lasso with his rope. Then test it out with the imps.

After doing his best in creating a lasso, Ryuu went ahead into his menus and looked at his stats. "Observation to level 5? Huh?" Thus, Ryuu took Rei's words and followed them. He added one point to Observation and brought it up to level 5. The other talent point received was put into Focus to bring that up to level 5 as well. As for his stat points, Ryuu heeded Rei's advice once again and put one point into VIT. The second into DEX since he was sick of missing so often. The last point he put into STR since it seemed a bit lacking compared to the other stats. Ryuu then went ahead and picked up one of the imp horns and placed it into his inventory. He was ready. Pipe in one hand and lasso in the other. Ryuu looked at the others and said "Whenever you guys are ready." Ryuu was eager to test out his idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.