The Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selina Rosenburg's Real Font - Wedding Fonts - exmouth_.png
Selina sat in absolute shock as Lucian ran towards the imps. "HEY! STOP! YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO-" Selina closed her eyes when he got closer to the imps. She heard a small smack and then a tiny squeal. She looked over and Lucian's attack had actually connected. W-WHAT?! H-HE ACTUALLY DAMAGED ONE OF THEM?! She didn't know how much damage the attack did, but since it caused the imp to fall on the ground, she thought it did a fair amount of damage. To check, she used her 'Hello' skill again. "Hello!" So since they're small, they're easy to knock over with enough force? Ah! I've got it! She looked over to the other imps who quickly attacked Lucian. Damn. Damn! DAMN! Why the hell did he have to go and be so reckless?! This has cost me my entire strategy. Now I have to readjust. Lucian has a high agility, so it's likely that he can get away. And right as she thought that, she saw Ryuu run towards the imps in an attempt to attack them from behind. "WAIT! RYUU NOT YOU TOO!" She slapped a hand on her face. God. Why do all men have to act like they're the hero in every single situation? It's just like a huge competition to see who's more manly than the other… It's pathetic. Though, she was surprised by the fact that Ryuu landed such a large hit on one of the imps. He landed 9 damage on the creature. She kept track of all of the imps and their health. Alright. That one has 10. That other one has a full 20. And the other has 15. She shouted over to the two boys who were battling the imps. "HEY BOYS! MAKE SURE TO LURE THOSE IMPS OVER TO THE MAID CAFE! IF YOU DON'T, YOU'LL PROBABLY END UP DEAD! SO HURRY YOUR ASSES UP!" As Selina said that, she was already headed towards the maid cafe. She looked over at Caleb. "OI! I NEED YOU TO COME WITH ME! I need your help setting up a trap." She laughed.

Selina didn't turn around to see where Ryuu and Lucian were. I need to get to the maid cafe... C'mon Selina... It's not that far away. You just need to get to the building. "Caleb! As soon as we reach the building, I need you to hoist me up onto the patio. Then I can hopefully get you up there too." She looked at the building and estimated about how tall she was and how tall Caleb was. If Selina could stand on on his shoulders, she should be able to hoist herself up. If she reached down, she was afraid that she might be a bit short. A chair! That solves that issue. She knew about how tall the chairs were and she could easily reach Caleb with the help of the chair. Okay. Selina took deep breaths as she fully sprinted towards the maid cafe. You can do it Selina. Your strategy will work. Your strategy will work. She looked at the maid cafe with a fierce look in her eye. There's no way this strategy won't work. I'm going to destroy these monsters, even if it's the last thing I do.

Last edited:
[Fieldbox="Caleb Miroffe, green, dashed, 10, Courier New"]
Was it shock that kept him rooted? Caleb had no way of being sure, but as he watched the two other boys in the group charge, he felt himself melded to the ground. He had half a mind to go in after them, but the other half had himself only follow with his eyes. The strategy to knock them down did seem to be efficient - the imps were short and as he had observed before, they were quite slow. However he thought quickly to himself, Even though individually they're not too powerful, their numbers and high attack make up for it.

Selina's call broke him once again out of his thoughts. A trap...? Caleb broke into a run following Selina, keeping an even pace behind her. A trap does seem optimal, since it would give us an element of surprise. And with the imps solely focused on the other two guys, it wouldn't be too hard to lure then somewhere... But how would we set it up? We're smack dab in the middle of the town... The teen continued to boil over his thoughts as he ran, until the duo reached the maid cafe. Then, Selina's plan dawned on him. He shot a glance towards the girl, calculating her height along with his own. It seemed a bit short. Still, looking at her eyes, she had something else in mind. Following her train of sight, he figured it out. A chair. The cafe had tables and chairs set outside underneath neat, little parasols. Dashing forward, Caleb yanked a chair from one of the tables and positioned it underneath the patio deck. He stepped up onto it and crouched forward, cupping his hands for Selina to go up. "Here!" he yelled, calling her over.
[fieldbox][/fieldbox][/Fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucian felt the pain, but as he moved his hand over the location of what should of been a wound, he felt no moisture, no dampness, no blood. This must be due to the passive skill of being a Gamer, I suppose I will never have to deal with most types of wounds ever again. Goodbye band aids...unless they have become a healing item? He didn't have much time to continue on in his musing of this power, and it seemed that one of the other gamers had found a weapon of sorts and rushed over to aid him. "Lets give them something to fear." Lucian loooked back at the imp getting up, he didn't deal too much damage, and assumed the blunt of it cam from his attack being a charge, but he did have the poor imp in a great place to stomp it now, and kick it. Yup, he was planning on just shoving his size 11 neatly polished shoes in this imps face, nicely. Well for Lucian nicely, for the imp it would all be done in poor taste. "I got this one covered, and I have no clue what the other two are doing, but if we beat two to three of them close to death, monster that rely on numbers don't like it when their numbers are thinned, or when they see we can fightback and they will be hurt, severely, if they try. I saw it on the discovery channel." Lucian went to put the beat down on his imp.

Lucian

Lucian approached the Imp that had just now stood up, attempting to once again bring the beat down on this Imp by trying to stomp into its face as hard as he could with his shoe. Against normal sized opponents, such an endeavor would only be possible if they were laying down. Since this opponent was about three feet tall, managing a swift kick to the head wasn't as impossible for the non-athletic and probably not too flexible Lucian as he moved forward a couple of steps to execute said boot to the head.

Boot to the Head: 33 - 8 Fisticuffs = 25

Hit!

Damage Dealt: 4

Knock Down: Failed

The hit connected, and seemed to do some damage. Not as much as last time, but enough to definitely leave some hurt as a red 4 appeared over the creature's head when Lucian's foot connected with it. Unfortunately the creature stood its ground from Lucian's kick, staying prone this time unlike last time. This, unfortunately, meant that they were going to have three creatures attacking them instead of two. Luckily Ryuunosuke was there though, so hopefully Lucian wouldn't be left with all of the aggro, especially since Ryuunosuke did more damage with one attack than Lucian did with two attacks.

Which was correct. The one that Lucian just kicked took advantage of the fact that they were now right next to one another. While it may have been believed they were slow, that wasn't all that true as quickly the Imp that was right next to Lucian lashed at him once again with its sharp claws.

Fortunately, as fast and decent with its claws that the creature was, Lucian was faster. He was easily able to dodge the creature and, if he wanted to, still stay in close brawling range so that his next attack could be more accurate since it would be coming from point blank instead of a few steps away. That was if he wanted to though. There were disadvantages and advantages to being so close in a brawl.

Ryuunosuke would manage to easily dodge one claw swipe from one Imp, but the second one, which was the one he hit, not so much. It managed to get right across his chest, its claws digging in there as the hit connected in a very painful way. He would feel a white hot pain across his entire body as it felt as if someone raked a pair of blades right over him. Despite that though, just like Lucian, there was no wound, just incredible pain and his HP bar draining by about 3/8ths as, just like with Lucian, a red 14 flashed beneath the bar to demonstrate how much damage he had just taken.

Just like with Lucian though, after taking this rather nasty hit, a couple of windows would appear for Ryuunosuke.

A Skill has been created through a special action. By enduring physical pain, the ability to better do so; Physical Endurance, has been created.

Physical Endurance (Lv 1: 0%) (Passive)
+5% HP, +1 Constitution. You know how to better resist pain and physical damage, allowing you to survive tougher hits and take more punishment. To Level: Take Physical Damage, Take Massive Physical Damage, Survive a Fatal Blow, Endure a Critical Strike

Ryuunosuke was now down to about 22 HP. Which was both good and bad, as seeing as with that one hit he lost about 3/8ths HP, just about two more nasty hits like that and he would be down and out. So they would need to be careful, and finish as quickly as possible lest he die at the claws of these Imps.

"Wow, that hurt." Ryuunosuke thought. That claw that just cut across his chest almost took his breath away. They were in a bit of a pinch. Lucian and Caelis could maybe take one more hit before things got really serious. There was no room for error now. He said to Lucian "We should slowly back up to the Maid Cafe that girl pointed to. I hope she has a good plan." Ryuu then started to slowly back up and try to make some space between him and the imps. He wouldn't press the offensive, rather he hoped that he could use the longer range to his advantage. The imps had shorter arms than humans, plus Ryuu had a pipe, so he had a longer striking distance. So, the plan was to back up slowly to the maid cafe and then whenever an imp got too close for comfort, he would lash out at it with the pipe.

"With her it could be more of a flop than a plan, be ready for anything." Lucian wasn't keen on the idea of relying on Selina, and based on how they had dealt damage to the imps in the first place, if they had stuck together and just beat them all down, in Lucian's mind, it would have been over and done with by now, with minimal damage being done to him. Nonetheless, Lucian went along with the plan, he knew better than to try and tango with all the imps on his own, "If they aren't ready though, you better be ready to swing that thing." He pointed to Ryu's metal pipe, then followed with the strategic retreat into a hopeful trap. Hopefully this wouldn't prove to be a trap for Lucian.

With a bit of grunting and the odd foot in his face, Caleb managed to hoist Selina up through the bars of the second floor patio. Subsequently following, she assisted in pulling (read: Yanking his arms out of his sockets) him up without too much difficulty. Once up, he turned around to survey the area. From his vantage point, he made out two figures - Ryuu and Lucian respectively - coming in the general direction of the maid cafe. Caleb frowned a bit. Though they didn't appear to have any bodily injuries, the teen thought back and remembered the short while he had seen them engaged with the imps. Despite getting scored by the imp's claws previously, Lucian hadn't bled or suffered any other injuries. Though it did seem convenient to forego the fleshy part that came with battling, he found himself a tad uneasy about the condition of the other two boys.

Nevertheless, they were approaching, so it was time to do his part. The upper deck of the cafe had several chairs and tables, all uniformly sized. Caleb opted for a table over a chair - he rationalized that it was heavier, likely having a greater impact while covering more area. The moment that the imps were in a close enough vicinity, he aimed and threw it as hard as he could.
[/fieldbox]

Selina put her foot on Caleb's hands and then proceeded to put the other foot on the back of his head. "Sorry... This must be extremely uncomfortable..." Selina didn't really care, but for some reason, she felt the need to say it. As she reached her hands up, she felt herself grab hold of the first bar. And then felt Caleb slowly lift her up higher until she felt she was able to put her foot on the ledge with close to no discomfort. Alright. First step completed. She threw her hands back down to Caleb. "Here. Take my hands. You're already really close." Selina wasn't very strong, but in this situation, adrenaline drove her to take her to her limits. She didn't feel very uncomfortable as she pulled Caleb up partway. Selina could see a pained look on Caleb's face, but at this point, each of the members of the group could deal with a little pain.

When both Caleb and Selina were on the patio, it seemed Selina didn't have to explain anything to Caleb. He already seemed to catch on to what she was trying to do with all the things up here. She saw Caleb grab a table. Selina was impressed by Caleb's ability to adapt to this situation without being given instructions. It impressed her quite a bit. Though, right now, she couldn't sit and praise one of her teammates right now. She grabbed a chair and focused herself. Lift and swing all at the same time. You can do it. You can do it. Selina opened her eyes and smacked the chair up against one of the many windows.

To her dismay, the glass didn't appear to shatter, much less crack. W-WHAT THE FUCK?! I HIT THAT WITH A CHAIR?! THAT AT LEAST SHOULD'VE DONE SOMETHING!!! She only allowed herself to the luxury of complaining for a few seconds. THINK. THINK!!! You need to devise a new plan Selina. She observed her surrounding and then found herself settling on the broken chair at her feet. Chair legs. Chair seat. I'VE GOT IT! At this point, we might all have to fight now. Selina felt confident that the imps couldn't take all of them out if they started to fight. It seemed as if Caleb had already thrown the table, though she wasn't sure what the damage looked like. "Caleb! I need you to throw at least two more tables down there! Please try to hurry! It's important! Once you're done, get some weapons from me!" She didn't look back at Caleb for his reaction because right now, it was life or death. She shouted to the two idiots fighting the imps. "OI! You idiots! I'm going to throw you some objects to help you fight! It might be in your best interest to pick them up!" She looked at one of the tall chair legs and the seat. A beating stick and a shield. Should be sufficient for foot soldiers. She grabbed the seat and legs of the chair, throwing them down behind the two fighters. I hope they understand that they should use the seat as a shield. Right now, I don't want to have to explain this shit to both of them. Immediately after, she started to get ready to break three more chairs. We need something to beat them with right now. We need to take what we can get and I think that the chair leg and the chair seat are the best bet we have for weapons right now. I mean, besides the pipe that Ryuu has. She closed her eyes as she smashed another chair.​

Gamer Trap

The trap was... set... if one could call it that. Luckily enough, Caleb and Selina were barely able to make it up their with their paltry amounts of strength. It was quite the hard climb, but adrenaline proved to prevail in this situation. As the two 'foot soldiers' backed up closer to the cafe, luckily not being that far away from it in the first place, the Imps indeed gave chase.

As one of them got closer, Caleb would chuck one of the small tables, as all of the tables and chairs were small otherwise throwing them would be impossible, at the Imps.

Table Chuck: 66 - 9 Thrown Weapons = 57

Miss.

Unfortunately the table missed the mark. It hit none of the Imps, but...

Ryuunosuke Ready: 26 - 9 Melee Weaponry = 17

Full Hit!

Damage Dealt: 9

It did possibly provide somewhat of a distraction. It was really hard to tell. Still, it allowed Ryuunosuke to get a well placed hit off with his pipe at an Imp that tried to get closer to him to attack. Fortunately this stopped the Imp's attack cold, since Ryuunosuke had been ready for it with this counterattack.

Then a couple more chairs came crashing down, Selina's work most likely. With two humans chucking furniture, and two more giving the Imps a beating, the Imps were actually backing up a bit, halting their attack. The information Selina obtained from her usage of Observe did mention that they were somewhat cowardly. Here they were, getting beaten, all of them about halfway towards death as they did seem a bit weakened.

Suddenly all three Imps turned and were about to run away. The trap worked. The Imps were on the run, meaning that they wouldn't have to fight anymore which was a good thing as if Lucian and Ryuu took a couple more hits they would probably die. The Imps were able to turn, but before they could make a retreat a figure in a hooded, brown cloak seemed to appear out of thin air just a couple inches above the ground. Above his head was the following.

Messenger of Gaia
Jin Lv ???

The moment his foot touched the ground, before any of the Gamers or Imps could react, the man seemed to just move forward and in the blink of an eye the Imps were gone, the man standing in their place with his arm outstretched to the side as if he had done a cross chop. Whatever he had done though defeated all three Imps in an instant, faster than they could see.

The man returned to standing in a normal posture, his hooded cloak still obscuring his face even if they were to try and look into the hood. It was as if there was some kind of black shadow in the hood hiding their appearance. He looked up to the balcony to where the other two Gamers were standing and pointed his palm towards it. After clenching his fist, then pointing his finger towards the ground both Selina and Caleb would suddenly find themselves on the ground.

"Impressive..." spoke the figure, its voice indeed being male, after a couple of seconds of examining the scene. "You have the strength of ordinary humans, yet are extraordinary enough to hold your own against those demons. Just being in this space tells me that you are not ordinary humans. So tell me... who, or what, are you?" The man's voice was very mysterious. Never changing tone, it was as if he was very calm and filled with much wisdom.

They say that animals quickly understood who the alpha was in a group. The one who was clearly the strongest of them all. Although for humans, this was a bit of a more complex thing to determine. However, at that moment, Ryuu understood very well. This cloaked man was clearly much stronger than any of them. In fact, Ryuu was sure that this man could probably kill all of them in a blink of an eye if he wanted to. It seemed like the group may have jumped from the pan and into the fire. They may have been saved from the imps, but this man was beyond their capabilities. He was clearly much more dangerous than any imp. This meant that it would be wise not to cross him, or to lie to him. That said, there was no point in revealing all their cards right now. So, Ryuu and everyone would have to speak wisely.

Thus, Ryuu spoke up first and said "Well, Mister. To be quite honest, I don't think any of us know the answer to that question. In fact, the reason that we're all here in the first place is that fact that we're trying to find out exactly what it is we are. Cause, it seems we are all similar in one way. We are all different from normal people. Personally, I just woke up one a few days ago and... things were just different." Ryuu paused for a second until he continued "Mister, if you don't mind, could you explain to us why there's imps all of a sudden in the middle of Neo Tokyo? What is going on? The place is deserted, and silent when it should be packed and filled with people."

Jin

The man just looked towards Ryuunosuke, or at least was facing in his direction, as he spoke. He was most likely much, much stronger than the Gamers, that much was easy to assume. Especially with his Level. It wasn't a number, but question marks instead. For any of the Gamers here who played MMORPGs they would know that usually question marks instead of a level number meant that a person was so much stronger that they would definitely not be able to win a fight let alone probably even harm said ??? level person. So fighting this man was no option, but he didn't really seem to be hostile. So perhaps he wasn't here to fight the Gamers, which would be really good if he wasn't an enemy since he could indeed probably kill all of them in the blink of an eye.

"So you don't know what this space is... yet entered it without even realizing it. Furthermore, you just got your power". The man seemed to be in thought for a few moments, before speaking again. "You all are indeed Natural Ability Users if you recently awoke to your power, but your power... I have never sensed anything like it before, except once. A month ago, I met a boy probably around your age young miss", he was most likely referring to Selina here, "who had a power that gave off the same feeling as yours. Weak... but with infinite potential".

The man suddenly stop speaking and looked towards the sky before looking back at the Gamers. "Unfortunately it seems my time here has run out. I must leave, but if you seek answers... maybe that boy can offer them to you". The man now aimed his open palm up towards the sky, or was about to, but he stopped to speak first. "If I remember correctly he was wearing a Gekkoukan High uniform and had white hair... so perhaps tomorrow going there will be your best bet. For now though..." his tone seemed to suddenly turn a bit more serious "make sure no normal person finds out about your power, or Gaia will eliminate you".

With that useful information and added ominous remark; the man aimed his hand towards the sky and opened his palm, then after a moment he snapped his gloved fingers in that upward aimed hand and vanished.

Suddenly the sky itself began to crack. The cracks were slow at first, but quickly grew and expanded before it seemed to shatter like glass. After what seemed like the world breaking the four Gamers would find themselves back in the street in front of the Maid Cafe. Everything around them was normal once again, as if the thing with the Imps never happened. Even the shattered tables and chairs that were on the ground were now gone, most likely back up on the balcony of the Maid Cafe if everything had truly gone back to normal.

Suddenly though, to reaffirm that this all wasn't a dream, each of the Gamers would receive these two windows. The first one appearing, then disappearing, then the second one appearing right after that.

The Quest 'Others Like Me' has been updated.

Others Like Me

-Issued By-
A Passing Thought

Sometimes in the world there exist multiples of the same thing. There could possibly be more of those with <The Gamer> above their heads, or in this case more of those who are <Gamers>. Whether this is true or not is uncertain, but perhaps going to investigate could be very beneficial. Its not like there is much else to do at this point anyway.

Jin, a Messenger of Gaia, appeared and told the Gamers of another who had a power that felt similar to theirs. Perhaps this other person possesses the 'Gamer' power as well, and furthermore may have had it for a month now. This could be a new lead.

Objectives
--Find Other 'Gamers'--
--Investigate the white haired Gekkoukan Student (Recommended)--

Reward
5 EXP, Possibly more information on <The Gamer>

Failure Penalty
Not finding out more about <The Gamer>

The Gamers had two options now. Try to find out more information on a Gekkoukan High student who was around Selina's age with white hair now, or wait until tomorrow when school would actually be in session. Going home to rest wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing considering the fact that the battle was a bit tiring since it was pretty tough.​

Lucian looked on in awe as the hooded figure dispersed the imps like nothing, and then went on, intently listening to every single word he shared, hoping to take in as much as possible.

So, there is another like us, who has had the power for over a month, well, just like in a game, talking to the more senior players usual yields much fruit. Another thing he mentioned was that we are natural users, which would incur that there is more abilities than what we have, and that there is unnatural ability users? Seems like things are not going to be quiet anymore.

Lucian looked up and watched as the sky shattered, and then everything was back to normal. For some reason it didn't really come as that much of a surprise. Maybe they were in a combat zone, like the ones in dot hack? but this one shattered, so it was different? Continuing to stare upward, he ignored the quest update, and finally broke his silence as his thoughts got in order, "So, I guess we head over to the school tomorrow when the students are there? Or do you all want to try by right now and hope by some odd chance that the boy is there just waiting for us?" Based on how the events had been unfolding today, it really wouldn't surprise Lucian if that was the case, things just seemed to be lining up a little too perfectly...

Selina smashed the chair against the window and was about to throw the pieces of the chair behind the other guys, when she noticed that the imps were running away. "HEY! YOU LITTLE BITCHES, YOU COME BACK HER-" She was so focused on the imps, when they disappeared, she got a bit confused. It didn't take her very long to figure out that they were wiped out by a hooded figure. What the fuck?! What's their deal? Why did they go and kill the imps? She was going to say something, but she noticed the set of question marks where the hooded figure's level was supposed to be displayed. This definitely isn't a good sign. If we're going to fight someone like this... We're screwed. I can't even come up with a strategy that could beat them. Plus, it doesn't help that we don't know what level they are. There's no way around this... We might have to run. Though, I think we probably won't get very far before we're cut down. And what's up with their class? <Messenger of Gaia> What an odd class... The only thing I can think of would be... A godly messenger. That's usually what gaia means in games, but... There's no way that regular people like us would be involved with the gods, right?

Before she could finish her thought process, the hooded figure spoke. The hooded figure was a man. Wow. ANOTHER MAN. Can the gods find the mercy to have another woman have a special power? Would it fucking kill them? Despite what she was thinking, she wasn't sure whether or not this man was an enemy or an ally. It appeared that he was extremely powerful, which made them a threat to her. Even though the man was a threat, she also knew that if she was going to say the wrong thing, she might end up dead. She knew that she had to say the right thing. But right before she could, Ryuu threw in his two cents. She was a bit mad that she wasn't the one talking, but she couldn't complain. Ryuu said it much better than Selina was going to say. And in response, the hooded figure told them that they were 'natural ability users'. That sure makes it sound like we have some sort of power that we've always had. Or... Maybe it was acquired through natural means? But what would that encompass? Selina thought for a second on this, but broke her train of thought when she heard the hooded figure mention another user just like them. And, of course, the other user was another boy who was her age. Apparently the gods have a nice sense of humor. Selina acted embarrassed, but was really pissed about the lack of women with this ability. It made her feel completely alone and she certainly didn't like it. The hooded figure also noted that the boy had white hair and went to Gekkoukan High School. Ah! This makes my job easier. Maybe I'll be able to find them during lunch. Hopefully I can... The others might have a harder time since they're all older. I have to try my best to find the other user! Soon enough, the hooded figure left and then... The sky started to crack. Selina stared at the crack intently. The hooded man raised a hand and then a crack got made? I wonder what kind of power that is...

Suddenly, Selina found herself back in the real world. Huh? H-How did we end up back here?! Wait... Was it related to that crack? It seemed to shatter the entire world... Was it a different dimension? That seems awfully complex. But, why would we get stuck in another dimension? That doesn't make sense. We just acquire these powers and then suddenly go into a different dimension not of our own will? This... This seems awfully confusing and complex. For right now, I figure it out. I should leave this thought for later. Right now, I need to find the kid with white hair. Though... Why should I search today? I might not get any leads. Since the only connection we know of is the school, we should wait until tomorrow. Selina faced Lucian as she heard him suggest waiting until tomorrow. Finally! This guy says something that actually makes sense! She faced the group. "I believe it would be best if we waited until tomorrow. The chances of actually acquiring information on the boy with white hair are extremely low. The only connection we have is the school, and since that's closed today... We won't be able to find anything out. Plus, I'm a little tired from the entire battle that we just went through. It's probably best if we think it over tonight and then search for the student." After this small tidbit from her, she remembered that they didn't have weapons for the battle. And she knew that she'd rather not rely on the small chance that a small metal pipe and a set of tables and chairs are just sitting around for them to use. She preferred actual weapons that could damage enemies. "Oh yeah! And remember to carry weapons with you at all times now. If we ever happen to get into another battle, then it'd probably be in our best interest to actually have weapons. Also, we probably need a means of communication between the four of us. Do all of you have cell phones?" Selina simply smiled as she looked toward the rest of the group for their answers.​

Ryuu watched as the sky shattered and fell before him. That guy, Jin, put Ryuu on his toes. He seemed to be almost beyond the earthly, bodily bonds of humanity, like the Norse Valkyries or the Mesoamerican demi gods. This day was certainly an adventure and Ryuu was excited. He turned to the group of four Gamers and said "Whew! That was one hell of a day!" He then looked at Selina. She was... quite a person. If he remembered correctly, she was cussing out both Lucian and himself just moments earlier in rather crass language. Now, she was smiling and talking properly. It was pretty funny, so Ryuu was willing to play along.

"Yep, here you go, guys." Ryuu said as he shared his phone number with the group. "Now then, I we should call it a day now?" Ryuu continued. " I'm going to go home now and get some rest. I'll see you all later." He then started to walk back home. It was time to get some rest and find some things that he could use later on if something like the fight with the imps happened again. As Ryuu started to walk, he then remembered about his inventory system. He looked around to make sure that no one (non Gamers) was looking. Then he opened up this inventory and put in the rusty piece of pipe into a slot. "There we go" Ryuu said to himself. "Nine more slots to fill. Hmm, wonder what I could find back home."

Last edited:
The Next Day

After whichever of the Gamers wanted to exchange numbers did so, it was decided that they would all wait until tomorrow since finding the mysterious white haired student who was potentially a Gamer would be alot harder since they didn't know where said student was while school was out. It was about mid-afternoon when all of the Gamers got home so they would have the entire rest of the day to try and grab whatever supplies/improvised weapons they could find at their house so that they would be prepared the next time they got taken into the strange 'different dimension'.

Gekkoukan High is where the mysterious, and immensely powerful, Jin told them that the potential Gamer went to school. Classes went by as normal as did the day really. The world around each of the Gamers would have no idea that they just fought a bunch of Imps and were in a situation that had a high potential of killing them. Soon enough though it was about lunch time at Gekkoukan, so around noon, and so people went about either procuring their lunch or eating bentos all the while discussing various topics with friends.

Selina and Ryuunosuke, who fortunately went to this school, would have a different mission though. Ask around about any students with white hair. Since it was this person who would help them complete their current Quest and possibly acquire more information on what was going on since this person has had their power for about a month now.

Lucian and Caleb would, unfortunately, have to wait on the school day for said high school before they would be able to offer any assistance in locating the mysterious potential Gamer, so for now it was up to Selina and Ryuunosuke.

It was agreed upon, even by the girl Lucian could barely stand, that they would wait till the next day to continue their search. Logic finally prevailing. So in the end, Lucian exchanged numbers with the others, then went his own separate way. Back towards the university, and home.

The next morning, Lucian awoke to the familiar window, informing him of how well he slept, it was nice, because it actually did heal him this time due to the fighting that had taken place the previous day. He soon found himself in the kitchen eating a banana for breakfast, and leaning back against the sink. So it is likely safe to assume that things are going to get more and more serious from here on...That one guy did mention the idea of being prepared and all, but, it's not like we all have a bunch of weapons and armour just lying around in our houses. He looked around his small apartment, he could be standing next to the far side of the kitchen and throw an apple all the way across his place with ease, it was small, and decorated with posters and scrolls from games, paintings of mountains, forests and great bodies of water. "Yup, arm myself with paintings...Or maybe be like that one character and fight with a folding chair?" He had to chuckle at his own joke, though he did find the character useful in his game, he found the idea of fighting monsters with a chair when others used ACTUAL weapons laughable.

He stood upright and placed his banana peel in the garbage, and grabbed his rucksack, even though he had his inventory for easy carrying and access, it would look strange walking to class with nothing in hands, then POOF! here is all the books for the day. As he threw it over his shoulder though, he saw something shimmer as it was hit by a morning beam of sunlight. A knife. A kitchen knife, Lucian had forgotten to do his dishes two days ago, so some of his cooking tools had been left out and in the open. Well it does beat trying to kick and imp again. He opened his kitchen drawer and pulled out two knives, holding one in each hand, and striking a pose. Yupp, that feels right. "Inventory" Lucian placed them inside, hoping he wouldn't need to use them too soon, but better safe then sorry. He then casually walked out, locking the door behind him and went too his classes. He had classes, and it made no sense to just b-line it to the highschool and hunt down the other student, especially when they had class as well. No, he would wait till school was out, then head over.

Caleb sat at his desk, fiddling with a couple of objects. After the whole imp punting escapade from the previous day, he was... Well, a little shocked to say the least. While he had traded his phone number with the other gamers, he felt a bit of doubt doing so. The question marks kept piling up. "First it was gamers, then it was battles, and now the next segment of the wild goose chase is another gamer," he thought aloud. He looked back at the table.

After the whole ordeal, Caleb felt a bit useless. The most he had gotten to do was a chuck a table, and miss completely. So, as a kind of atonement, he had decided to prepare a bit like Selina had mentioned. After going over his inventory, he chose to beef it up with some things. Naturally, as a mechanic, this job was a little easier for him than an everyday person. Already stored in the first few slots was a good sized wrench, a tin of oil, a lighter, and a chainlock. He had contemplated sneaking into his roommate's room to swipe some of his firecrackers too, but decided against it... At least for the time being. With the his new improvised weapons sitting in his inventory, he felt more confident about any other imp punting in the future. Though currently, something else had caught his attention. While browsing through his windows, Caleb had come across the skill window, which displayed a rather interesting skill: Craft. That was more into his territory. In games and in real life, he had always devoted quite a bit of time to item making. But how was he supposed to use it as a skill? There weren't exactly hot keys to test it out. And the craft window he had eventually found hadn't told too much either. So it was experiment time.

Keeping the craft window open, Caleb wandered opened his drawers, pulling out a number of items: Saltpeter, sugar, baking soda, and a mortar and pestle. After measuring them out, he ground the sugar and saltpeter to a fine consistency, then placed them in a tray to heat up on a hot plate. While he waited for the mixture to heat, he prepped a small cardboard tube. Once the heated mixture was brown and gooey, he put in the baking soda to complete the substance. After pouring it into the tube and securing it, Caleb finished it off with an oil soaked tab. 'A homemade smoke bomb can be pretty useful in a lot of places,' he thought proudly. Then he stopped.
"I don't think I used the craft skill though..." he lamented.
[/fieldbox]

Ryuu had gone to school early this day. In fact, he was one of the few people in his class right now. At this time, he was just messing around with the menu and interfaces since he wasn't 100% used to them yet. He looked at his inventory. Along with the rusty pipe, Ryuu had added a few more items to his inventory. Namely, his swiss army knife, a flashlight, waterproof matches, a 50 feet bundle of nylon cord, and a first aid kit. It was largely a lot of his essential hiking and travelling equipment, so he was familiar with handling them. However, he was very unsure about bringing along his first aid kit. It appeared that Ryuu doesn't bleed anymore. In fact, his health seemed to now literally be defined by a number. He wasn't sure if bandages would help him anymore, but the fact that he had enough inventory space made him decide that there was nothing to lose.

Ryuu looked at the clock. It was about time that people would start to walk in. Sure enough, in a span of few minutes, people were trickling in. However, Ryuu was waiting for a specific person. He greeted his fellow classmates and friends as they walked in, but it wasn't until a few minutes before class started that a group of three girls walked in. Among them was the person that Ryuu was waiting for. The girls gathered around a desk, and that's when Ryuu got up from his and walked towards them. As he approached, Ryuu smiled and said "Hello, everyone." He then turned his attention to one specific girl. "Miura-san, do you have a moment?" A pretty, auburn hair girl's eyes widened for a second while her friends excitedly whispered to each other. Yume Miura was the class' pretty girl. She and her friends were well known. They knew of everyone and knew of all the rumors going on in school. They could often be overheard gossiping amongst themselves everyday. Ryuu didn't pay them much attention since he wasn't interested in gossip, but Miura probably knew of everyone in this school, so she was the best person to refer to.

"Yes, Shiba-san. Shall we head out to the hallway?" Ryuu was confused. This wasn't something secretive or personal, but there was no reason to say no. So, he nodded and followed Yume out into the hallway. "Now, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about, Shiba-san? It's pretty unusual for you to talk to me." Ryuu responded "Well, I have something important to ask you. I know that we don't talk that much, but I've been waiting all morning to ask you this." Yume looked at Ryuu expectedly, which confused him even more. "I guess she just gives everyone her full attention and is a good listener. No wonder she has a lot of friends." Ryuu thought. He then went ahead and asked the question that he was waiting to ask all morning. "Would you, by any chance..." Yume's eyes widened excitedly once again for some reason as he spoke.

"know of any students here who have white hair?" Ryuu heard an audible "Eh?" from Yume who looked dumbfounded for a few moment seconds and then disappointed. Yume sighed and said "I thought you were going to... never mind." Yume sighed once again and said "A white haired student? I do know of someone, but I don't give out favors for free, Shiba-san." Ryuu replied. "Okay... what do you have in mind?" Yume replied "I want us to get to know each other better. So, I want you to say hi to me every day and talk to me... Oh, and phone number!" Ryuu excitedly responded "You got it!" and gave a wink with a thumbs up since that was an easy thing for him to do.

Since Yume was quite a gossiper, Ryuu had to withstand a lot of fluff that didn't really matter to him. However, what Yume told Ryuu could be summarized as the following:
There is a white haired boy who is a first year, who transferred in about a month ago. He has heterochromia, two different colored eyes that are sky blue and a deep purple. Only thing is that he's a loner since he's pretty quiet and is a bit of an otaku. So, he hangs out, alone, on the rooftop often. That said, he's also apparently really smart and has gotten a perfect score on everything so far.

The two exchanged their phone numbers. Yume left by saying "I'll head in first. Don't forget our deal!" and thus, their confusing interaction finally ended with Yume seeming to have bounced back emotionally. Ryuu thought "Girls... are strange." But, he quickly ignored whatever had just happened. He got the information that he needed, and that was more important. "Now then... the question was how to catch this person? This boy was probably in class since it seemed that he was studious. So, he probably was on the rooftop during breaks between class. The most likely time, that Ryuu thought, the boy would be up there is during lunch. Ryuu took out his phone and quickly sent a text to Selina, telling her everything he found out and that they should meet and head up to the roof during lunch. With the investigative part of his job done, Ryuu went back to class and looked forward to lunch, more so than usual.

Selina was glad the rest of the group went along with her idea, since she thought it was the most logical of all the options. Each of the members offered their numbers to each other, and Selina was no different in this aspect. She offered her number to all of the other members. Alright... We have a means of communication. They're all going to grab some weapons. Tomorrow should be a productive day. And hopefully, we can find the other <Gamer>. Selina said goodbye to the group as she started to walk home. While she was on her way home, she started to think of a number of weapons that she could make or find in her house. Kitchen knives, brooms, guns, and... And... Selina shook her head. Damn. I must be tired from the battle. I need some sleep. I'll think about tomorrow.

As Selina woke up, she got ready for the day and headed downstairs. She looked around her kitchen as she ate her breakfast. Are there any really dangerous weapons in here besides knives? Hmm... After breakfast, she was about to head back into her room to check for weapons. Alright, well... The most dangerous thing in my room would probably be a pillow, but it doesn't hurt to che- As Selina started to go to her room, she tripped over the vacuum cord that was in the hallway. The maid was in the next room vacuuming and apparently forgot that Selina was still here. The maid usually didn't start cleaning until later. WHY THE FU- And then the object of her choice hit her. An extension cord. That could work. Longer range. Choking and whipping capabilities. Not too bad! Selina went into the garage to see if there was an extension cord that they had. Luckily, she found it on the floor near the door to the garage. SWEET! I'm so happy that I can use this now! Along with these other items, she packed two kitchen knives, a metal sculpture, and an iron. Alright. I believe that's all I need for right now.

As Selina arrived at the school, she wasn't particularly early. Though she did have more than a few minutes before school started. As she strolled into her classroom, she looked for anyone with information on the boy, though the majority of people didn't really know much. Ugh... I might have to talk to 'her'. Selina looked in the direction of the most popular girl in her class. Mimi Omora. Mimi Omora was a back-stabbing bitch who only acted nice in front of others to make her seem all cool and funny. Though, only Selina knew the true nature of the heartless witch. Mimi had bullied Selina for the last few months because she thought Selina would be an easy target. Selina did let it go on for a few months before they went as far as asking her to jump off of the roof of the school. At that point, Selina showed those two-faced bitches who the real slaves were. After that, Mimi spread more than a few rumors about her. Selina, of course, denied them all and made up for it by doing all this nice shit. So, to say the least, Mimi Omora was Selina's one and only rival. Alright. Suck it up. You can talk to this back-stabbing bitch without freaking out. As Selina walked over, she knew that it was a mistake, but it was too late. Mimi made eye contact with her.

"Well look who it is! It's Rose-san! Rose-san, have you come to beg forgiveness? Or maybe you've come back to do some chores for us?" Mimi laughed as Selina walked a bit closer. What a little bitch! I wish I could take the extension cord I have in my inventory and choke her until she doesn't move anymore. But... I need information. "Umm... Sorry Omora-san, but I'm not here to ask forgiveness or do any chores for you. I... I would just like to know something." Selina looked at her with innocent eyes. "You think I'm going to fall for that bullshit again?" "U-Umm... I don't know what you're talking about Omora-san." Mimi laughed at Selina. "You know what? I don't really care right now. You're lucky. What do you want to know?" Mimi looked at her as if she was challenging her. "Omora-san, I... I want to know something about a white-haired boy in our grade. C-Could you tell me something about him?" Selina looked at the floor and forced her cheeks to become flushed. "Wow. I never thought I'd see Rose-san get interested in a guy. Though, it's probably just going to be one-sided anyway. Nobody could like someone like her." Mimi laughed as Selina tried very hard not to clench fists in her hands. "O-Omora-san, can you please tell me what class he's in? I know he goes here and he's in our grade." Selina forced tears to start coming to her eyes. She was hoping that if this conversation didn't work out, then someone would comfort her after seeing her cry. "You think a little bitch like you could get someone like the white-haired boy who's a weird otaku?" Suddenly, Mimi realized what she just said. "Go away, you little bitch. I'm not telling you anything." Selina lifted her head up. "O-Omora-san, I-" "I SAID THAT I WON'T TELL YOU ANYTHING. NOW GET OUT OF MY FACE." Selina forced herself to start crying and run into the hall. She could heat Mimi's little followers laughing as she ran out. When she got into the hall, she was glad to hear a chair move.

Selina pretended to continue crying as one of the hottest and nicest guys in the grade, Shin Kyousaka, walked up to her. "Hey. A-Are you okay?" Selina looked up at him while wiping away the tears in her eyes. "O-Oh! I'm just fine." Selina put on a pretend smile. "I overheard that you wanted to know about a white-haired boy." Selina looked down at the floor as she answered. "Y-Yes." She pretended to realize that he might know something about him. "D-Do you know something about Rei, Kyousaka-san?!" Shin smiled at her. "I do. He's a lonely guy who I've seen only a few times. He's got weird eyes and I've heard that he likes to hang out on the roof during lunch. Oh yeah! And he transferred in from New Osaka. That's really all I know. Sorry, I can't really tell you much else." Selina smiled as wide as she could. Alright. I finally got the information. "T-Thank you so much Kyousaka-san!" Selina hugged Shin, who was a bit taller than she was. She looked up at Shin, whose face was blushing. "Now I guess we should get back to class now. I think school's about to start."

As Shin headed in, Selina felt her phone buzz. She quickly checked it as she got to her seat. The text was from Ryuu and it said the information that she had just found out. God damn... That means if I didn't obtain that, then I would've found out anyway! Damn it! Selina decided to send a text back to Ryuu saying that she knew about it because a nice boy told her. She also told Ryuu that they should meet at the door right before you went onto the roof. Right as she sent the text, the teacher had walked into the room. The class rep had told them, "Stand! Bow!" As she was bowing, she was smiling. I can't wait for lunchtime.

Caleb the 'Inventor'

Caleb decided to spend the time that he would have to wait preparing, and to do so he worked for a while on making a home made smoke bomb, a weapon that would indeed be good for stealth or escaping.

Crafting: 99 *Fumble*

Unfortunately, while Caleb may have attempted to make a Smoke Bomb and may have succeeded, he either didn't store it properly or shook it too much. Regardless, as he held it the smoke bomb suddenly exploded, filling the area he was in with thick smoke that was a bit hard to breath. Eventually it would dissipate, all of the time spent on making the smoke bomb now wasted now that the bomb had prematurely exploded.

Suddenly though a window would still appear though after the smoke finally dissipated. It seemed like he acquired the recipe, but to have a description of it he would need to go and get more materials to try and craft one again.

Recipe for 'Smoke Bomb' acquired.

Smoke Bomb: Successfully craft one to figure out its affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.