The Future is in your paws

(welcome back!! Gowron has left, so I have taken out NightShade. We had a vote so Wrath, Lou's brother is the new alpha male, Shroud is a new wolf and hopefully Lou's mate. Other than that you havent missed much)

"I cant do this, why did she have to leave? And choose me as Alpha, what about me is special enough to be alpha" Wrath sat on his haunches and eyed his sister, tears forming. Him and his sister where the only known wolves to have working tear ducts. He followed her gaze to the outline of the cave, everything brought tears to his eyes, he closed them and curled himself into a ball the only comfort he could possibly have. His tail covering his eyes as he gave out small whimpers as it to cry "Why me sister? What about me was worthy of this treatment!?" he didnt expect his sister to answer, didnt even bother to look up to see if she was still there, the ground even smelt like NightShade, he would have to clean it out later, the memories of her was just to much. Crying he lifted up his head as his sister walked in, he shook his head and sat up feeling the snot drip out of his nose. He was a mess. But he breathed in deeply and turned to face is large sister. She was the same size as NightShade the size of a bear. Which was the rarest occurance, she eyed him, her white fur seemed to glow like heavenly light and her blue eyes seemed to bore into his soul "Lou, I want you to have this den, yours is too small for you and I cant stand the memories of NightShade haunting me as I sleep" he watched his sister and made the clickign noise to her, her blank stare had him conserned. But when he saw her chest expand he calmed.

Leucothea finally spoke, the voice of the gods speaking with her in unision "Wrath, she had asked me a while before she left that this power was to be given to you, asked me to give her my word that I would help you. And I shall keep my promise, her decision was accepted by the gods and it is accepted by the tribe as well" Lou kept her gaze to him, breathing out the fog that filled her lungs as her regular voice came back "If you wish brother, this isnt because I'm bigger than you is it, her memories must cherished and her thoughts remembered. I will switch dens with you if you wish, since you are under the weather as I'll call it, I will help you untill you can compose yourself" she swished her tail and eyed the tattoo's of the gods on her body, returning her gaze to Wrath. Her brother was so troubled, if only she was allowed to tell him why he was chosen, in time she wondering if he will mature like the gods tell her. "I must be off" she stood up making no noise on the rough dirt, watching her brother re-curl himself in a ball, she turned in the den and slid out quietly into teh open. the smell of NightShade blowing away with the morning sun rise. Lou busied herself with taking small drinks of the river. Her reflection shaking with the expanding waves of her tongue. The cool water running down her throat.

(since it's a new day.....)

Manx yawned and her left ear twitched as usual. The morning was thick, and not at all pleasant by any means. Their old Alpha was gone and Wrath had taken her place. It did sadden Manx a smidgen, seeing that she had never really spoken to the Alpha outside of duty-related things. But such is life, right?

The dark gray wolf stood hind-legs first, something that was a bit awkward but favored her injured shoulder. It was healing nicely, the limp almost gone. But the pain lingered, however only a dull ache remained to attest to pressure and nothing more. She stuck her head out of the den and sniffed the air. Hunting was still her job, injured or not and it was wise to search for food at first light. Manx emerged from her den and shook herself in stead of stretching to loosen up some muscles. With a yawn, she headed over to the largest den in the camp.

She bowed her head. "Good morning," she greeted, knowing that Wrath was inside. She wasn't so sure how the other would take being made Alpha, but it was a wise choice. Putting the extra strain on Leucothea wasn't the best choice, and Manx had said as such. But Wrath did not look too happy with the decision. She really hoped the responsibility did not cause strife for the wolf.

Lagos entered the camp quietly. The sun had just risen and many were still awaking from their slumber. The brown brute noticed a female looking into the alpha den. He smiled slightly and then turned to a smaller den that he had been using since he was born. he queitly padded over. Tiredness eeped from his limbs. He hadn't slept in two days, constantly traveling to get back. He was exhausted and wouldn't mind a few moments of sleep. He curled up just outside the den however, welcoming the sun's warm rays. His jaw parted, his pink ribbon of a tongue slipping out and lapping at the air as he breathed heavily. His ears swivled atop the zenith of his head. He yawned, a small high pitched whine emmiting from his throat as he did so. Lagos then rested his head on his paws, and closed his pale yellowish green eyes, hoping to catch up on some sleep.

Manx's ears flicked to the entrance of the camp and she barely caught the familiar snake of a tail going into Lagos' den. She smiled secretly and turned to go to the river to cleanse her muzzle. There, at the riverside, she met a familiar white coat and lowered her head before approaching the edge of the body of water.

"Good morning," she said. She meandered up to the river and took a quiet drink of her own.

Lou looked down at Manx "Hello dear, I hope your doing well with your shoulder?" Lou nudged Manx's shoulder with her wet nose. A small sigh escaping her nose. The river calmed her and her lonelyness was gone beacause of Manx. The poor girl been through so much in her life. lou shook her big head and breathed in deeply thinking of her brother instantly "Its great to see Lagos has returned, about time, he shouldnt have gon hunting alone" a small smile perched on Lou's lips. The river water speaking and telling her tales of before the wolves arrived in this area. Though she focused on Manx the most.

Mib looked around curiously, watching the camp wake up, it always fascinated her to see her brothers and sister greet the new day in different ways. She jumped from the small boulder she had perched on and walked to the lake. Immediately she walked to Manx and Lou. Smiling, she rubbed her side against the other white wolf's back and nudged her lovingly. Lou always had felt like an older sister to Mib, it could've been the white fur or her being so much bigger than her. She turned her head slightly towards the pink cherry blossom trees to her left, then snapped it right back to Lou, looking at her through colorless eyes.
"Wonderful morning, isn't it, Lou?" She looked to Manx. "And your shoulder looks much better than before, but does it feel so?"

Naomi woke with the sun shining bright in her eyes. There was a nice breeze cooling her off where Conatum always had slept, and she noticed he wasn't there with her. She popped her head out of her den and looked around. His scent was still close, so she decided now was not the time to panic. Instead, the days before had been quite tiring, so she lay herself back down, this time away from the cool breeze, and fell back into a deep sleep.

Creeping slowly and quietly, Conatum starred through a mass of pink flowers at Manx. He admired her beauty, her fur shining brightly against the new day's sunlight. Oh, someday, she'll be mine, he told himself. Someday, we'll share a den, we'll love each other like nobody else. And maybe... He shook his head and smiled to himself. Yes, pups, the cutest thing I can think about other than Manx. And Lou herself loves pups, for those days we might want time together. He noticed Mib walk and rub herself against the other white wolf, and for a moment, she disappeared in their white fur, but reappeared then next moment. But wait, did she just look at him? No, it must be a trick. As far as he knew, Mib was blinder than a bat. She whipped it back to look at Manx. Manx, someday...

((I rhymed... On the first line. FUCK.))

Wrath feeling very much brave and intrepid, ventured out of his new den. He was small, normal sized wolf but even then the pain of NightSahde leaving the throne to him ached in his heart. Why did it have to be me? I'm not good enough, my sister being what she is. I'd never be good enough for this tribe. Same conversation he had been contemplating for a while, ran through his head. He wasnt sure how to do anything at the moment. The crisp morning air caught his nose and he smelled Naomi from a while off. His heart begun to lighten, his crush and intent on making her his mate had never wained. He liked her too much, but had yet to ask his sister if taking Naomi was the best thing for the tribe. It was the best for him. He needed to see his sister anyways. He trotted down the beaten earth, locating his sisters scent.

Lou shivered at the unexpected rub from Mib, but a smile was on her face and shown in her eyes "It is Mib, there will be blossoms everywhere. The gods tell me that mating season is close, do you have anyone you fancy Mib?" she liked to tease the small blind wolf. She thought of Mib in the same way she thought of NightShade, connected but not by blood. Mib showered her will to the gods, Lou found it amuzing to ignore their constant blabbering. But today, mating season had begun. She wanted pups, loved them in ways others couldnt, they filled her life with happiness and in turn she gave them life. She averted her attetion to Manx when Mib talked about her shoulder. Bending down to lap up the cold water she loved. When the world is out of water is the day Lou will go suicidal. The creek spoke to her softly with every lap, her eyes closing gently.

Manx lifted her head instantly at the gentle touch."It's fine, thank you." She murmured, answering their questions at the same time. He shook her muzzle dry and sighed before backing up a few steps. She was already flipping through her mind, the choices for the day's meal. Remembering that she couldn't hunt as freely, she huffed. But it didn't mean that rabbits were so out of her reach. Then again, sooner or later, one would tire of rabbits. What else had she seen around? There were deer and elk, some ostriches but they all required strength and speed that she was currently incapable of. And those ostriches sent her into a fit of rage more often than not with their insane speed and that long neck and razor sharp but rounded bills.

Stupid birds.

She exercised her right shoulder a bit. It wasn't as bad as it was the day before, but it wasn't a hundred percent, either. Anything rash could set her back or even put her down for good.

"Always think before you act," her close friend Jace always told her.

Unconsciously, she turned her nose to the air and sniffed for his scent. She knew it would be around, but it was sometimes fun to try to single it out.

A walk it was, then. Since she couldn't hunt. But it would feel weird not to go out in the morning.

"I'm going for a stroll outside the camp," she announced. She bowed her head to the large white wolf and took her leave.

Lagos awoke as the conversations of others surrounded him. He lifted his head from his paws and then stood slowly. he stretched his muscles, shaking sleep from his limbs. He sniffed at the air, the scent of springtime filling the air. Lagos turned his head towards the other gathering, hearing their laughter and chatter. he offered a simple smile as he approached them. he sat down, interestedly listening to their conversation. He watched as Manx left the camp and then turned back to the others. They spoke of love and finding love. His green eyes looked over them. Each of them strong in their own way, and he wondered, why did they speak of finding others? Did they not see they could find strength within themselves? Must they find another to support them? Lagos shrugged at his own thoughts. He was not one to dabble in the thoughts of females. Who knew what they spoke of most of the time.

Mib shook her head slowly with a smile as Lou bent to take a drink.
"I guess I'm not what you would call the mating type" She said softly, noticing Lagos's appearance. She turned her head back towards the cherry blossoms, where Conatum had been hiding. Since he wasn't in sight anymore, she figured he had gone to follow Manx as always. Sh turned her attention back to Lou. "What about you, dear sister? I feel you have someone special on your mind." She nudged her gently and smiled.

[ALRIGHT! New paws to join...]

Jace scowled at Axel. The other was never acting the age he actually was. They both were supposed to be hunting; instead, Jace was doing the actual work while Axel hung back and ran around in trees or rolling in the leaves like a common animal. You would think this lad had lived six cycles and knew how to conduct himself like a mature wolf.

Ha.

The gray wolf sighed and pushed his muzzle toward the ground again.

"Why don't you make yourself useful?" Jace asked not for the first time.

"You find it," Axel grunted, landing on the ground gracefully. "And I'll catch it. It's evenly split work."

Jace looked up and back at his 'brother' with dark expression. "You just don't like looking for things."

"It takes time and it's boring," Axel whined, not even trying to deny the other's accusations.

"How could you be so lazy as a warrior?"

"I'm not lazy," Axel huffed, walking to stand beside his best friend. "I go running after food just like any other wolf. I just hate having to go through the trouble looking for it."

"How the hell would you even survive without me?"

"I had for a year," Axel pointed out in reminder. Jace didn't respond, merely continuing with the hunt. Axel grimaced and sighed, loping to catch up and nudge Jace's flank with his nose.

"I didn't mean it that way," he groaned. "Lighten up!"

That year had been hard for the both-- all of them. He still had hope for their little Manx even though it had been two cycles since the raid. She may have been small, but she was capable of surviving. It was chaos; it was more than just violence and the need to escape. They saw their best go down. Pups slaughtered and some even eaten on the spot. Both he and Jace knew that Manx had gotten out; the eldest of the three had told her to get away before things had gotten hairy -- Manx was always one to follow orders to the T, But what became of her was the great mystery. It was his hope, and Jace's that she'd found a pack to run with. It didn't matter if they were on their own for the rest of their lives. So long as their little 'snow-cat' was safe, they were contented.

Jace was still quiet, nose buried into the dirt, but Axel knew that the other wasn't focused on hunting.

"Hey," the younger of the two said softly, walking to stand in front of Jace and use his own muzzle to lift the other's up and look him in the eyes. "She's a fighter, so she's fine. I'm sure she is."

There was doubt in those amber eyes, and he couldn't blame Jace. It was all but fleeting hope to think that she was really alive somewhere out there. But it was hope enough to keep them going.

Axel tried again, whining. "Come on, I said sorry. Don't get all quiet and depressed on me."

Jace finally huffed out a breath and looked away. "I'm fine."

That was crap and they both knew it. But it would have to do.

"Then find me my breakfast," Axel said, snapping his jaws at his older friend in jest. "I'm hungry."

"Then put that useless muzzle to work," Jace snapped back, continuing the search for sustenance. Axel sighed as he watched the other go. For Jace's sake, he kind of wished that they'd find the little snow-cat.

(and now I shall make Lily!)

Lou sighed, there was no getting past the blind female. "Yes, but even the gods have not shown me my path. I know I'm involved in his, just when he will find his way through mine is the question I wish to figure out" Lou hadnt really been thinking about the new wolves, her scenses were more of less not-focused by emotions. When the gods sent her Wrath as her brother, she knew he had feelings for every wolf. His crush for Naomi has placed him in a violent love triangle, a triangle which can only be caused by the healer wolf herself. Lou wasnt one to dislike, or hate the she-wolf who she thought of as family. But if Naomi so much as hurt Wrath, Lou, promised by revenge would seek to harm the she-wolf in the best way possible. Go for the jugular. Lou had a plan for this, she was hightly trusted, and that trust she would use to her strength. But even then she wasnt allowed by the gods to go poking into mating problems. She was MoonTeller and was only to accept the couple as the gods willed it not from her own foolish thoughts. "I must be off Mib, I shall see you under the moon tonight" Under the moon was a certain ritual Lou and Mib used to speak to the gods. Mib has been late at least three times. "And dont be late sister" she stood up gracefully and followed to her brother, in his thoughts.

Manx walked through the field, not really focusing on the catch of the morning. The faint smell of jack rabbit was decent, so they would be around for a while.

The dark gray wolf ambled through the grass and over the leaves, winding 'round and 'round the three trunks of the forest. If she couldn't bounce off them or really do anything with them, it wasn't so bad to just enjoy being around them. Catching birds and fast creatures were a favorite of hers. They proved challenging. Unconsciously, she raised her right paw and set it down. Doing this a few times, she deemed it possible to actually put some weight on it. Walking should be no problem; trotting was okay, too. Running had to wait a while, though.

The wind blew past her muzzle and she paused.

Whiff.

That scent. No...those scents.

The wolf whipped around, looking for the source of such trickery, even as her heart fluttered with the boundless hope of a pup. Her tail wagged almost uncontrollably, ears pricked and twisting this way and that. It was the same feeling she had in her chest whenever either one of those scents passed through her nose. But...it just couldn't be.

Another sniff. But there was nothing.

With a low growl, she cursed herself.

"Idiot," she mumbled. Of course it was all in her mind. But she missed them a lot. Especially around this time of the cycle. Two long cycles ago she'd lost the two most important wolves in her life since her parents had died in battle. Those two were the only ones she'd give life and limb for before even asked to make the choice.

Tail limp, she continued on her way, no less aware of the meal that traipsed around, waiting to be caught. But the memories still swirled around in her head, looped...repeated. She really hoped both Jace and Axel were safe. She knew they'd be alive, no doubt. Jace was too strong to be bested by others easily, and Axel was too fast to get caught.

Suddenly, impeding her thoughts, a rather sizable jackrabbit hopped out into the clearing she happened upon. It was blissfully unaware of the danger it was in at that moment.

Taking slow steps, Manx advanced on the creature.

"Get back here you little..." Axel growled under his breath. He shot through the tree trunks, gaining gradually on the jackrabbit that Jace had found. Said wolf was hot on his heels, only a few meters behind.

The rabbit was fast, Axel would give it that. But Axel was faster. He was so close now...all he had to do was reach forward and grab it with his jaws. And that was what he was about to do when the rabbit took an unexpected left turn.

Skidding, he scrambled to head after it.

Meanwhile, Jace muttered one thing or the other about Axel being too wild for a hunter. And it was true. Yes, the thrill of the chase was absolutely exhilarating, but there was a way one hunted some animals. He almost wished he had the melancholy, more calculative Axel back.

Almost.

Axel sped behind the little creature, stopping suddenly when the rabbit came to an abrupt halt in the middle of a clearing. The near-white wolf immediately stilled, taking slow steps toward the smaller creature.

As soon as he wsa close enough he pounced.

Manx made her move, jowls open to retrieve her prize.

Until her muzzle connected rather harshly with something rather hard.

The gray wolf growled, the pain too much to actually yelp. Though the thing she ran into had the decency to do so for both of them.

Opening one eye against the pain, she looked for her quarry, and immediately scowled.

It was gone.

"What the hell, man?"
The voice was decidedly male.

Manx looked back to see that it was another wolf she had collided with. This wolf was almost white, patches of black covering his body. And he was glaring at her.

"That was my breakfast you deprived me of!"

"The hell?" Manx replied, incredulous. Usually she'd talk it out and try to do things the calm way, but it seemed to her that this situation wouldn't be solved that way. Manx got to her feet and took a step forward, opening her mouth to give the other a piece of her mind when another wolf came out of the forest and into the clearing.

"Now, now," the newcomer's voice cut in. It was strong, smooth and deep, as slightly opposed to the wild one's loud and boisterous voice. He was big, muscled and almost orange-furred. But all in all, a wolf. "No use fighting of something that got away."

"But this pup just deprived me of my food!"

"What'd you--," Manx started.

"Axel!" The other wolf commanded at the same time.

Manx lost all hostile manner in a heartbeat. "Axel?" She ventured, staring at the black and white wolf. She got closer and stuck out her nose, sniffing.

"What?" the one named Axel started. "Hey! What the hell are you doing?"

That scent!

The black and white one looked to the orange-like one. "Jace, what is she doing?"

"You know exactly what she's doing, idiot."

"Jace..." Manx breathed. Hind legs not able to support rapidly-becoming dead weight, she sat on her haunches. The one named Jace looked her way.

It couldn't be. There was just no way. The scents, the coats, the mannerisms... But it couldn't be. They shouldn't be here!

The melancholy must have rolled off her in waves.

"H-hey," Axel groaned. "Don't tell me you're going to cry."

"I don't cry," Manx barked automatically.

"Don't start a fight," Jace cautioned. "Please, don't. Getting Axel to stop yammering is tedious enough. Don't argue with him. It would be like stopping him and Manx."

Manx stood abruptly, startling the other two into defensive crouches.

((There's nothing really for my part that I can think of, since Cona is only silently stalking Manx. o__O))

(he should have the mental capacity to share his thoughts while hiding -.-)

(Darkness, you can have someone find Lily, my new charrie)

(maybe? Sadly I might delete this roleplay. Besides the three of us, there are no honest players who stay in the rp. we could turn this into a private group. But its kind of a waste to wait for people to post when they never do.)

(hm. no idea what to say to that. unless we GM all of the characters in the mean time to keep it going? it's not really hard to adopt a writing style...)

(I can turn this into a group, so we can have different threads for like the river and the den and such. Or turn it into a werewolf rp so we do get more players and romance and such to make it more interesting?)

(yes...yes we can. We can do this werewolf thing. I really enjoyed this RP...)