The Future is in your paws

Conatum felt better to know he wasn't trespassing, nor intruding her personal space."I'm sorry." He said. "I guess I'm not really the kind to talk. Growing up with Nao, you're always being told to shut up before we get in trouble." He passed her a smile and chuckled, then his face turned into a ore serious look. "Manx, do you.." He paused. Was he really going to ask? "You don't have a mate, do you?"

Manx smirked at Conatum's relationship with Naomi. How oddly cute. So he was more like a son to Naomi than anything else, then. When she first came to the camp she really thought those two had something going. At least until Gowron told her different. But it had been fun to watch and slightly envy.

Now as for the question of her having a mate. That was unheard of! Manx huffed out a breathy laugh. Her? A mate? It was...too funny for words.

"No," she grunted, resisting the urge to shift. She was beginning to get uncomfortable. Ignoring the sharp spike of pain in her shoulder because of the merry jostle she gave it, she rocked a little to make herself believe she moved. "I don't have one. Never really much thought about it."

And it was true. All she ever did was daydream. She rarely acted on those kinds of emotions. It was close to fruitless whenever she tried. Who knew what went on in Lagos' head. She looked up at Conatum curiously. What this a true question, or was this just to make conversation.

"Why do you ask?" she questioned bluntly.

NightShade basked in his love, still terrified to do anything else. When he mentioned Lou, NightShade grumbled "Oh, she's here, the nosy little bug" she sighed and lifted her head, smelling Gowron and dead fox. In between the scents was water, moss and Lou. NightShade groaned "I'm so faithful that her brother isnt like her at all, he minds his own business" her voice went louder as she spoke the last four words and smiled evily as Lou popped her small wet snow head out from the Bushes as she muttered "As fortold" she soon dissapeared out to go bug someone else, he job had been done "you see?" NightShade growled "she's like a flea, she never leaves"

Wrath heared Naomi's voice and his heart jumped in his chest, he swiftly sttod up and bowed his head. Making him feel dizzy "Pardon, I wished for someone to speak to and aquired myself" he felt himself get hot and he shook his pelt lazily, keeping his eyes on her. She was so beautiful, she shined brighter than the moon. "Is there anything I may have the honor to help you with??" He asked, slowly walking towards her.

((Aw, PowerBass, you're getting Cona all squishy. >w<))

Conatum suddenly felt a little nervous. He wasn't about to say, I've been thinking of you as my mate since I've known you, and I love you, be my mate? No, not now, anyway. He hesitated slightly, then answered while looking the opposite direction, "I-I was just curious, is all." He coughed a couple times, then thought for a second he should leave, but something was telling him to stay. He wanted to stay so bad, but he wanted to leave in hope Manx wouldn't catch onto his love for her.

Naomi smiled at his comment, making her giggle quietly. "I don't think there is, though I was going to ask if you, Lagos, and Cona could go hunting for the tribe later." She paused, looking around. "And maybe if the newer ones, Arrow and Akia, are welcomed, I might just send them off with you guys, too." She smiled, sitting down and forgetting to get the plant that would kill off most of the aching in Manx's shoulder.

((lol. NAO's MEAN DX<))

Manx perked an ear in his direction. Oh really? She wondered if she should get him all flustered for the fun of it. Ah, what the hell. She was stuck until Naomi came back, anyway.

"Ah," she said, completely unassuming. "You're at that stage where you think you need a mate of your own, are you?" Hell, she'd been long past hers, in any case. Manx let her tail'e end flap up and down, for lack of something to do with the rest of her body. Moving her ears back and forth just seemed silly. So tail-wagging it was.

"I could go alone, I dont need any help" Wrath didnt like help, he never felt that he needed it to be honest. He had caught a pigeon once, the truth was it was already dead but for the moment it looked like it was moving. He sighed contently, a small smile on his lips, something he had worked on for a while. He listened as her laugh replayed in his mind, he had a reason to love her. His sister was wrong, he wouldnt choose Celestia. He didnt have feelings for her like he did with Naomi. He refocused "It there anything I can help you with?" he was sure he had already asked that but he added on to it "Need anymore healing stuff, Lou told me where to find them, I can go get them for you" he assured "But if its meat your after" he bowed his head slightly "I'd be more than happy to get you a meal"

Gowron pulled away from her, and he stared blankly at Lou, who dissapeared without a trace after speaking. Looking back at Nightshade, his lips curled back in a smile, and then his ears went back and he lost it. Gowron laughed, a great low belly laugh. His jaw parted, and it was a weird thing for one of his kind to truly laugh. It was even weirder since Gowron was normally so serious. He only cracked a smile in the rarest of moments, and this tribe had never even heard him chuckle. at least not that he knew of. But the sight of Lou all wet and serious, coupled with his joy of having Nightshade as a mate made him lose it. He laughed, and his whole body shook as he did so.

After a small time, panting and breathless, Gowron got control of himself, and straightened back up, his body still shaking a little in silent mirth. "Oh my. That was....good. I have not laughed like that since before I came here, to this tribe. It was...most refreshing." He smiled, and the sat down on his haunches. He did not know what to do next. "So, my mate, what is next for us? We've been gone for a long time. Would you like to return to the camp, or stay here for a while longer?" His eyes gave the impression that either would be preferable for him.

((Sorry for being a bit.. Later than usual, I was thinking for ways Cona and Nao could react. x]))

Conatum looked back as he started hearing Manx's tail whack against the ground. "I suppose so, it all depends on who you are and how you describe it." He took a pause, then looked at her. "Besides, a wolf without a mate to fill the emptiness inside could never feel completely whole." He sighed and sat down, his ears following.

Naomi still couldn't remember the reason she strolled out of Manx's den, other than to give Manx her Conatum some private time. Of course she knew Conatum liked Manx for quite a while now, but he never brought himself to saying so to any other wolf except her. She shook her head at his offer, still smiling. "Actually, I don't remember what I was about to do, I guess you talking to yourself distracted me, but it's always nice to make conversation with another."

Shroud softly pattered across the sand towards the gentle movements of the lake. As he reached the edge he stopped and raised his eyes to the sky, taking a deep breath of seemingly open air. He had been traveling through the rough wooded hills for around two cycles now and his paws had become a tad scuffed from all the harsh ground. The sand now under his paws made him sigh softly thankful for soft ground. Turning he paced along the waterside playfully prancing around in the wet sand.
Then he stopped. A sudden scent of marking came across his nose and he swung around in circles trying to determine where it was coming from. As far as he knew he had traveled ages from any of his old packs. Maybe..... Maybe he had found another? Would they know? Would they know what his scar meant. Shroud suddenly dropped down to a crouching position and slowly crept back into some of the nearby trees. He'd have to do some recon first, so he'd have to determine where the main pack was, and which direction they wouldn't scent him from.
Slowly hiding himself in the short underbrush he began sucking in deep puffs of air.... There! He looked over a bit and saw what seemed to be a wolf female. He was way too close already. This was pointless, they would either accept him being here or not. Either way sneaking to try to get into the camp was probably not the best way to say "Hey I'm new how are you?" Shroud shook his head, his slightly long fur shaking tiny water droplets from his neck. "Alright. This is it, if a pack this far from my homeland knows what this is" He wiped his paw over his left eye. "Then I'll never be welcomed anywhere, might as well give it my best shot." Slowly pacing out from the trees again he carefully put one foot in front of the other, pacing ever so carefully towards the area that he had seen the other wolf. It was gone now but the smell of a pack was biggest where she had been. Shroud just hoped to whatever gods there were, that these wolves wouldn't attack him on site.

Manx sensed the other's discomfort and immediately felt bad. She rolled onto her back so that she could nuzzle the side of his face. She was still her old motherly self, she thought wryly.

"Don't worry," she cooed. "You'll find her one day."

She stopped, however, body tensing as the wind blew another, faint, but foreign scent across her nose.

"You smell that?" she all but whispered.

NightShade was startled by Gowron's laugh, she had never heared a wolf laugh before, sure she though Lou was funny looking but never would laugh at her tribe members. Surely she thought he wasnt laughing at Lou but maybe just to laugh. NightShade hadnt laughed ever since the attack on her family. She had fogotten how to laugh, whatever happened she never laughed. She was raised to take life seriously, but never to laugh at it. She rested her head on her paws and leaned against Gowron. "At least your free to chuckle as you may" she turned her head away from him feeling the sadness wave over her once more. What had she gotten herself in to?

Wrath let out a small sigh "Well, there must be ano-" he stopped and stood up his body going stiff, he opened his mouth and breathed in letting the smells of nature hit his receptors, he was doing exactly what a cat does, it worked more effective than with just his plain nose. "Do you smell that?" his fur bristled, but he remained calm, he opened his mouth wider and made a clicking noise that sounded like a dull bell. "I'm sorry I must leave" Wrath walked slowly away the strangers scent becomeing stronger. Hopefully his sister had caught the call as well. He broke into a run to find the stranger and rescue his sister, if she needed it.

Lou lifted her snow white head and sniffed around, her brothers call made the red tattoo around her right eye burn ingot her skin, something was wrong. She stood up, shook herself and headed back towards the tribes camp. Untill she finally felt it, the scent of a banished stranger, her blue pupiless eyes focused on the range his scent came from. She walked toward Shroud, she could smell him. Walking slowly as not to frighten him she stopped a foot away. She could just stare, her brothers call had been right.

Conatum sniffed the air and didn't recognize the scent. Even the newer wolves, Arrow and Akia, scents were different from this one. "Do you want to go take a look?" He mumbled, not really wanting to move from the spot at the moment.

Naomi's curiosity led her to follow Wrath. Great, now I feel like a stalker. She quickened her pace behind Wrath as he broke into a run, and she fell behind him by a couple feet. Now she smelled a different scent. This one carrying several land's aromas, it was almost refreshing. Now she could smell Lou. Maybe she had found another stranger?

Manx rolled back over so that she was on her right side again. "I would," she said. "But I'd only hold you back if any action needs to be taken."

She rose anyway, careful to keep the weight off her left shoulder and exiting the den. She sat outside and to the left, relaxing into her haunches. She turned to look back at Conatum. "Go on and see what's what. I'll wait here. If you need the help, call."

She doubted he would need it but it was better than sending him off to die without reassurance.

Conatum felt he was taking her words the wrong way, like she wanted him the leave. But he rose anyway and headed out of her den, then ran after the scent at a decent pace without a word.
It only took a minute for him to find Nao, running after Wrath, who seemed to be heading the same direction as he was. Just as the stranger's scent became stronger, so did Lou's.

(we better hold off on posting until Deathkills is back)

Manx huffed and let her tail swish slowly. Some people got to have all the fun. That stupid falcon ruined it for her.

But more importantly, Conatum really needed a mate. The poor boy was quiet enough without his other half to help him open up and at least laugh for once. Maybe, just maybe, the new scent may lead him to happiness.

[oooo let's see where this goes :P i'm a fan of misdirection. so pay close attention lol]

((I'm alright holding, but his name's Deathrillz, not killz. xD))

[Beiber-fail! (btw...that's worse than the epic fail xD) ]

NightShade was startled by Gowron's laugh, she had never heared a wolf laugh before, sure she though Lou was funny looking but never would laugh at her tribe members. Surely she thought he wasnt laughing at Lou but maybe just to laugh. NightShade hadnt laughed ever since the attack on her family. She had fogotten how to laugh, whatever happened she never laughed. She was raised to take life seriously, but never to laugh at it. She rested her head on her paws and leaned against Gowron. "At least your free to chuckle as you may" she turned her head away from him feeling the sadness wave over her once more. What had she gotten herself in to?

Wrath let out a small sigh "Well, there must be ano-" he stopped and stood up his body going stiff, he opened his mouth and breathed in letting the smells of nature hit his receptors, he was doing exactly what a cat does, it worked more effective than with just his plain nose. "Do you smell that?" his fur bristled, but he remained calm, he opened his mouth wider and made a clicking noise that sounded like a dull bell. "I'm sorry I must leave" Wrath walked slowly away the strangers scent becomeing stronger. Hopefully his sister had caught the call as well. He broke into a run to find the stranger and rescue his sister, if she needed it.

Lou lifted her snow white head and sniffed around, her brothers call made the red tattoo around her right eye burn ingot her skin, something was wrong. She stood up, shook herself and headed back towards the tribes camp. Untill she finally felt it, the scent of a banished stranger, her blue pupiless eyes focused on the range his scent came from. She walked toward Shroud, she could smell him. Walking slowly as not to frighten him she stopped a foot away. She could just stare, her brothers call had been right.

Gowron watched her mood change, and he frowned, wondering what she was thinking. Laying down next to her so they were side by side, his tail patted the ground, and swished back and forth, overlapping her own tail at times. "What do you mean, 'free to chuckle?' You are allowed to experience joy as well as I am. it is a choice." He leaned against her, his fur mingling with her own. Licking the side of her face, he continued. "But let us not speak of these things. We should be happy now. We might also want to return to the camp. Or others might wonder if we are engaging in activities....other than conversing." He winked mischeviously, and then stared out around the grove, wondering what was happening outside.