The Four Kingdoms: The Arrival of the Desert Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerald smiled as best as he could before setting his bomb bag outside of the house and entering. Gerald of course immediately sat down next to Necropolis, being as how he was the owner of Icebreather. Gerald then had nothing else to do, so he began attempting to hold the knife attached to the main blade, and when Necropolis moved it away from Gerald, he simply moved to where it was and tried again, repeating the process.

Meanwhile, at the Desert Army camp

The guard walked into the tent they had made to check on the high priority prisoners. There was the girl with the strange colored lenses that didn't even seem to care that she had been kidnapped, so she didn't cause any trouble. The men found her wondering around the camp, as if she was looking for something. Nobody could see the army camp without leaving, so they took her prisoner. She put up quite a fight, blasting the men back with her strange weapon, but it did not harm anyone too much, it mostly stunned the men and rung their ears for a moment before they got back up and continued swarming her. She probably could have gone forever, but eventually she sighed and put away her weapon before putting her hands behind her back. The men were wary at first, but she didn't offer any more resistance as they tied her up and brought her to the tent. The worst injury one of the men earned was being blasted into an empty tent, which fell down on top of him, giving him a bruise. There was nothing large that they could be thrown into, like a tree or a boulder, so there were no casualties. As for Eva's sister, she accidentally set off a trap and was hung upside down for quite some time before the men retrieved her they tied her up before she touched the ground, so she wasn't able to fight back as they took her prisoner. After a bit of light "convincing" they discovered that they were heroes, or at least, the strange girl was. Eva's sister was spying on the army and reporting to the kingdom of battle. The guard was checking on them one last time before he switched duty. You can guess who came into the tent as their guards. Rock and Drake entered the tent, and Drake motioned for Rock to stand guard. Rock nodded and left the tent, watching for anyone else that would attempt to enter. Drake pulled the bags off the prisoner's heads, revealing their faces and allowing them to see. Drake's heart skipped a beat when he saw Eva's sister's face, but dismissed this for now. Okay, I'll give you two a summary of what's going on here. My name is Drake, and my partner is Rock. We are part of a group of resistance troops that believe that we are better off in the desert, thus we are helping the four kingdoms the army is attacking. The people here think that we died in battle, so we are busting you two out of here.

Malace was fully armored by the time the others came in. She had been sitting there, contemplating recent events. It was no coincidence that shortly after having that strange dream, she'd fight those Desert warriors, the mages, and reunite with Necropolis and Eva. Some outside force was trying to give her a message, and she loathed to actually follow through with it. Still... It gave her a goal. And this wasn't a bad starting place, all things considered. Perhaps it was time she returned home.

But there was still the others to consider. Noryia especially, Malace felt guilt for possible endangering Nory just to fetch alcohol to mend Malace's own wound. All the more reason she needed to convince Noryia to come with her; her home wasn't safe any more. She'd need a place where she and her clones won't get attacked, where they'd be protected... All the more reason bringing them back to the Forest Watchers was a worse idea. The Forest Watchers may occasionally save people, but they don't take in refugees. But... Perhaps... Perhaps Malace could change that. Now was a good time as ever, wasn't it? Standing up, Malace scribbled something on a piece of paper and walked over to Noryia. "Thank you for all your help. But I must return home. It is dangerous here. Would you like me to protect you?"

Stepping into Noryia's home, Eva smiled at the coziness of the space. Despite the lack of furniture, Eva had seem a lot worse. "It's okay. She replied simply as she prompted her back against the wall.

Yawning, Eva slowly began to nod off, slipping down the wall as she began to fall asleep. Every once in awhile, she would come to her senses and pull her bag close. Hopefully, no one would notice how carefully she was guarding it.

Hearing talking, she nodded her head and pretended she was listening.

Noryia flashed a smile towards Malace when the taller woman walked up to the elf. Her eyes slowly read the message Malace wrote. She had never had someone to protect her, it had always been her protecting others from her power. If she was to expect the offer Malace had given even more questions would arise. Like where would she live? How close to other people would she live? Could she live in a populated area? But even so with all these thoughts running through her head she knew those would be answered later, for now she needed to answer the question Malace asked.

"Your very welcome." She spoke in a low voice so Malace would be the only one to hear. "If I was to take you up on your offer, would I be needed to leave?" Before she gave an answer to anyone, including Necropolis, she needed answers.

Malace nodded her head. There wasn't much else she could say or do: Those mages managed to get away, so they may come back. Noryia couldn't fight them off herself. Hell, Malace wasn't entirely certain if they could take them on together. Frankly it wasn't safe here anymore. Writing on the back Malace gave Noryia a short message. "It's not safe here. Come with me. Please." Besides that Noryia would be right at home if Malace brings her back to the Forest Watchers. If... If her insane plan works out, then Malace could give Noryia a safe place to live. A new place, not entirely unlike her current home, but certainly with more defenses against both the enemy and the wild. They needed to go soon however; Malace wasn't sure hot Necropolis and Eva found them so fast, but if they could find her so could the enemy. They had to go before something else happened.

(@Eternity109, are you going to post on Eva's sister in the desert army camp?)

Noryia read it, she nodded in her in understandment. She knew that would most likely be the answer Malace would give, but that that didn't mean she like it. "If I were to go with you." She said quietly, she was some what sad that she knew so was going to leave the the she had stayed in for a normal human's life time. The elf looked Malace in the eye and said, "I will go, but can we wait until Nory wakes up?"

Sorry guys, IRL problems make it so that I will only be posting once or twice a day. My father is being an arse, and I have to do a lot of chores.

(Sure, XD leave it up to me. @Necropolis)

Vic

Vic looked up at Drake cautiously, meanwhile, the other girl wasted no time. "Okay, so cut me loose." Looking over at the girl, Vic gives a sigh. "Me too." She says. Smiling Drake reaches behind her and cuts the rope that was holding her.

"I was going to let you go anyway." Laughs and Vic rolls her eyes.

"So what now?" Vic says as she looks around. Looking over at Rock, he nods his head. "Don't get yourselves killed. We'll meet up with you guys." Drake says as he tosses her a dagger before hurriedly running out. Looking at the knife, she gently runs her fingers along the blade before smiling.

"Well, i'm only human after all. Don't think we'll need it though. I'm Victoria by the way." She says, holding her hand out towards the girl.

"Violet." The girl says simply while shaking her hand once.

With a smile, Victoria tests the weight of the dagger and peaks out of the tent. Signaling for Violet to follow, Vic excites the tent.

Vic and Violet had managed to navigate through the desert army camp with no problems. As many times she'd thought that someone had seen her, they hadn't. With only a few more yards until they were technically out of the camp, people began to watch them more closely. Luckily no one stopped them, and hey safely made it out of the desert camp.

Unfortunately, bells starting to ring and shouts could be heard from where they were. They must've just found out that they were gone. "Took them long enough." Vic says as they get farther and farther away. "We should wait on the guys."

"They might not even come back for us. Probably got caught or something." Violet says.

"No, they're coming." Vic says, it's then that Violet reminds her of her sister Eva. With a sigh, she sits down on a large boulder and waits...

Eva

Eva slowly stands up from her awkward position. Her legs are aching from being scrunched up so long and her hair is in pink disheveled locks. Standing up, she stretches her back, only to her it pop several times.

"That was the worst nap i have ever had." Eva chuckles as she wipes the sweat from her face.

(This is probably going to be the setup of my posts now, being that i'm doing both sisters. Although I wont always post a picture of Victoria. That was just this one time so you know what she looks like. Also, you might already know but Eva and Vic are sisters.)

Last edited by a moderator:
(#Rosario + Vampire, lol. I like Moka, she's really sweet and innocent. I also like Yukari, since she is so bubbly.)
(I just wanted to make a postreal quick saying that I will be ungrounded tomorrow, if I get my chores done that is... Don't worry, I'll get it done.)

((I managed to get on Iwaku... Ugh, my dad's girlfriend is a total computer hog, I am SO glad the library has public computers, and that I only live a few blocks away from it.))
(Can you edit your post a bit @Eternity109? Guns haven't been invented yet, and the only reason Violet has one is because she is from the future. You could change it to throwing knives or something like that though.)
Drake and Rock meet up with Vic and Violet after taking a different route through the camp, so they would arouse less suspicion. Well, it's about time they realize you two are gone. We should get out of here, maybe go to one of the four kingdoms. We do not know where Sir Necropolis or the other heroes have gone, so we will follow you two until they are found. Rock averts his gaze before nodding lightly to show his agreement. Drake leans in to Vic and Violet and whispers Rock here is pretty proud to be helping a lich, and he has been this way since we separated. I imagine he won't be feeling better anytime soon, so don't expect much eye contact or cooperation. Drake leans back out and pats Rock on the shoulder, but doesn't get a response. Drake shrugs his shoulders and motions for Vic or Violet to lead the way.

Necropolis turned to Eva as she stretched her body, almost wincing as her bones cracked and popped. That would be him one day, so he supposes that he had better get used to it, but it still unnerved him, hearing the vertebrate of another human readjust themselves without breaking. He turns back to Noryia, seeing that she was talking quietly to Malace, but shrugs it off, being that it was probably Malace that had begun the exchange. He had discovered early on that Malace seemed to be a very self-centered person, but did not mind, being as how everyone had their flaws. Even if you manage to achieve immortality, there will still always be little chinks that can make a persons downfall a reality. Like a stone upon a river, it may look flawless and smooth, but strike it in the right place with a sword or knife, and you can split it to reveal the still rough interior. Necropolis shakes his head to pull himself back to reality. They had only been waiting for about half an hour, and Necropolis was already contemplating things that would usually take years to fully describe. Necropolis looks down at Gerald, who was still trying to grab the knife, before rolling his eyes. He stopped moving the knife, and watched what happened when Gerald grabbed the knife. Necropolis was shocked as Gerald's necklace began to glow brightly, and for a moment, Gerald became a human again, growing back to his normal human size of 5' 8". He had piercing green eyes and black hair, along with a light shadow of a beard. His skin was smooth, but void of any color, and it was also void of any heat or cold, feeling like silk which has no real temperature. He also wore a large cotton shirt and pants, which did not protect him much from attacks. He also bore a long scar along his arm, most likely from an epic battle. Gerald smiles, showing his well-tended teeth before letting go of the knife, becoming a short skeleton again.

(Lol, is anyone going to reply?)

(Sorry, in out of town and haven't found much time to reply. @Necropolis)

Vic

Victoria leads in the front with Violet while the others followed closely behind. They'd been walking for about an hour before Victoria found something. Holding her hand out for the others to stop, she crouches down and studies the dirt. "I think i found a trail." She says as she looks to the left. "Hopefully, i belongs to the lich...and my sister." Turning in the direction that the footprints go, Vic motions for them to follow.

"I really hope you're not leading us to our deaths Victoria." Violet says she she reluctantly follows.

"Well, it won't really matter in the long run." She says as she continues walking.

"Yeah, and why's that." Violet counters.

"Because if i am leading us to our deaths, we'll be dead. And it won't matter anymore." Vic says as she keeps a straight face.

Eva

Eva stares at Gerald with a blank expression. The fact that he had just changed into a living human, scared her, but at the same time, she was use to all this unexpected stuff. Silently, she observed that it only happened when he grabbed the knife. With a sigh, she slowly walks over to him and looks him in his eye.

"If you can make yourself human again, why don't you?" She says irritated. Looking at his hollow form, she shakes her head. "Plus, you look a lot better as a human."

Folding her arms, she begins to think more about it. "And how did that happen? You really need to explain."

Malace nodded her head yes. Of course she wanted to leave as soon as possible, but Nory wasn't in any condition to be moving right now. Still, who knows how long they'd have. For all they know those mages are already ready for round two. Without another word Malace took her equipment and went outside to set up some traps. In case they take too long, Malace was at least going to make sure that they'd have some fortification set up. It took her some time, but once she was finished Malace went into hiding. If she is needed, they should call out for her. If the enemy shows up... She'd be the last thing they'd see.

Noryia watched Malace leave and go do something outside. She wasn't sure what the orc was up to, but than again she didn't care all that much. After the orc left the elf saw Eva starring at the man made of bones. She didn't get it all that much thought, seeing as he was totally made from bones. And Noryia did miss the questions that Eva had asked of the short man.

The elf walked out of the front room and into the back of her house to get what few carrieable things she owned ready to travel with Malace. She knew she was going to tell Necropolis that she was going with Malacd instead of him, though she didn't know if they were going to the same place. But telling him would have to come later.

Mentally she was asking Nory to wake. But it was in vain. Nory had suffered a huge amount of trauma, and it took a very lager toll on her especially with her wound that didn't help at all.

Gerald chatters his teeth in the strange clicking language that had to be deciphered, and as before, Necropolis' book vibrates, which signals that James had written something. Necropolis flips open the book before coughing and reading James' latest words. Gerald says that becoming a human is only a temporary fix that would kill him if he were to stay human until that time. Gerald also thanks you for the compliment. Eva asks two more questions, to which the process of clicking and buzzing repeats. Gerald says that he has nothing to hide, being as he knows when his time will come, so he will tell you why he has become so. It started after a meeting with an evil warlock, who went by the name of The Spellstopper. Gerald thought he would be the same as everyone else he had fought, but The Spellstopper had found how he had been able to wield the now legendary Icebreather. Gerald and him traded many blows, but it had just been a ruse. When Gerald finally managed to defeat his foe, he had made the foolish mistake of not killing his foe. Gerald stood and offered him his last words, to which the Spellstopper laughed and said "It is already done, SPELL-STOP!" Gerald pushed the blade into the mans throat and ended his life, but it was too late. His arm began to freeze in a matter of seconds, and if his lover, the demoness, had not been there, his entire body would have frozen over. She used her dark magic to make Gerald the necklace he wears now using the soul of the Spellstopper to power it, and put it on him after swearing that she would guard the sword for him. The ice stopped freezing him because of the necklace, but it also turned him into literally half of his former self, causing him to be what he is now. However, Icebreather always keeps a fraction of the magic that the wielder had, and since Gerald is still alive but trapped in the bones of the skeleton you see before you, he can tap into the small bit of magic he had left without reducing it at all. He cannot hold it for long without wasting it though, and since it can't draw on any of his magic, it would instead draw on his soul until he is just a living husk, void of any senses or emotions. The reason of this is because the Spellstopper didn't stop him from being able to wield Icebreather, he stopped Gerald from using his magic completely by stealing it from him and making a crystal out of it, which Gerald keeps in his skull. Gerald decided that once he found the next wielder of Icebreather, he would accompany that person, in hopes that their adventures would take them to someone that could restore him to his former self. Necropolis looks up at Gerald, who was now holding a black crystal that was about a foot long, but only about 4 inches wide. It also had a minus symbol with a small word on it that said "Negation Magic Crystal." This is where all your magic is stored? Gerald nods and clatters a bit, but Necropolis doesn't bother reading this part aloud, if they want to see what he said, they can come see it themselves. [BCOLOR=#ffff99]GERALD SAYS THAT THIS IS YEARS OF FINDING WAYS TO GATHER MORE MAGIC ENERY. YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO FIND THIS MUCH MAGIC IN ONE PERSON UNLESS THEY WERE A GOD OR SOME OTHER ANCIENT MAGICAL CREATURE. THERE IS ONLY ONE OTHER MAGIC CRYSTAL LARGER THAN THIS, AND IT IS INSIDE A SHIELD SO OLD, IT MAY BE DUST BY NOW. IT HOLDS THE POWER OF A GOD FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION, AND IT WAS BROUGHT INTO THIS WORLD BY SOME FEAT OF NATURE OR MAGIC. IT IS ALSO SAID TO BE STRONG ENOUGH TO BEAR THE WEIGHT OF A MOUNTAIN WITHOUT BENDING OR BREAKING, AND WHEN IT'S POWER IS ACTIVATED, THE RESULT IS SO SPECTACULAR THAT NOBODY HAS EVER SEEN IT BEFORE. WHEN IT WAS, IT WAS SO BRIGHT THAT IT OUTSHONE THE SUN, AND PEOPLE HAD TO LOOK TO THE SKY TO AVOID BECOMING BLIND, IF YOU WEREN'T BURNED TO DEATH FIRST, THAT IS.[/BCOLOR]

(Sorry guys,not trying to be impatient or anything, but there hasn't been a post all day. :/ )

(Sorry, my phone was being a jerk all day... Then I found out that I turned off a setting. *For head slap* I feel so blonde.

Plus I not sure how to respond yet. Noryia is packing so I will be out two or three posts.)

Status
Not open for further replies.