The Four Kingdoms: The Arrival of the Desert Kingdom

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
(That's fine, but sadly, this just happened.)
(Also,sorry I forgot you @Noryia)
Necropolis watched as Eva and Graysky converse, when he is kicked from behind, landing on his knees. Necropolis spins around to slice Blackfire, but he blocks Icebreather and knocks it out of Necropolis' hand. Necropolis managed to catch the chain and pull it back around. The chain wraps around Blackfire's neck with the sword hanging on his back, and when Necropolis pulls back on the chain, it slices Blackfire's throat while spinning him around, causing a few drops of blood to fling off of him. Blackfire's blood melts through the ground for a moment before hardening into small rocks.
Graysky smells his brother's blood in the air and turns like a machine. BROTHER! He turns to Evangeline before bowing and telling her that he would think on her offer while running to his brother, blowing away the snakes with the hardest wind yet, before cradling Blackfire; who was still alive, but very injured. I won't forget this, I compliment you all on your teamwork, I thought me and my brother may have been able to defeat you... I regret saying that my brother is right though, you really should consider joining the desert army. Farewell, heroes! Graysky stands while still cradling Blackfire, and a breeze lifts the brothers off their feet towards the north, where the desert camp was.
Necropolis chuckles at the fact that he had won against the obnoxious Blackfire, but fell to his knees again as the clashing of their swords had even further drained his energy, making him weak once again. He manages to push himself back up to his feet though, and turns to the elf, slowly walking towards her. Are you alright?... We heard the commotion from... the cabin we were just at... Those men were the desert troops searching for us, along with an orc named Malachite... Is she here? Just then, Gerald finally arrived with his bomb bag and helmet in tact. His jaw dropped at the destruction his would be eyes fell upon. He hurried to Necropolis, supporting his weight as best as he could. Necropolis nodded slightly at him before turning back to Noryia, but when his eyes beheld an injured Nory, he moved forward to look at the damage. A large knife wound was on her arm, and it was still bleeding, though not as profusely as it had been. Necropolis went to look at Noryia and ask what had happened before he arrived, when Gerald tugged on his cloak again. Necropolis looked down to see Gerald presenting the bottle of alcohol Nory had been sent to buy. Necropolis looked to Noryia then, I'll need some rags, two buckets of water with one being warm and one being cold, and a needle and thread. Eva, grab me a good sized piece of burning wood, it shouldn't be hard to find with all the lightning and fire during the fight, not to mention that the rain itself started on fire because of the still burning embers in the sky. I'll also need a piece of metal, the burning wood is just to heat up the metal. I was kindly trained in simple medical procedures by a traveler I met, so be thankful that this was not a stab wound, or I wouldn't be able to do much to help your friend here. Necropolis then opened the alcohol, smelling it lightly before reeling back at the strong smell of alcohol. (obviously) The alcohol was still good, now they just needed to clean the wound so he could disinfect it with the alcohol.

Nodding her head, Eva goes to retrieve the fire wood. Even though she was weak and in need of rest, she walked over a tree that was on fire. Unsure of what to do, she pulls of a thick burning branch that had fallen and takes it over to Necropolis. Feeling something underneath her nose, she furrows her brow before placing her hand there. Unfortunately, she feels a liquid there before removing her hand and looking to find a red substance in her hand. Of all the times she had ever bled, never has it been through her nose. Feeling confused, she assumes it was because of her encounter with Graysky. Shaking, her legs give way as she collapsed on the ground.

"Are you okay Eva?" She hears someone say,but is to out of it to respond.

All of a sudden, everything comes back to her and she realizes that they have here sister. Of all people, why her sister? Feeling tired from the battle, and still shocked at what her power can do when collided with Graysky, she begins to go over different scenarios through her mind. It's then that she realizes she could loose her sister in the process. No matter what idea she thought of, it all ended the same. With her sister's death. Oddly, she does something she hadn't done since her mother died. She lets tears roll down her face, and stares off into the direction in which Graysky just went. Naturally, she doesn't have enough magic to influence the weather. Therefore, it stays indifferent.

"I'm going to get my sister, with or without you all." And with that, she allows more tears to roll down her face. After all, she was still part human, and she couldn't stop the feelings that came to her. "Although i do think," she starts, turning towards the group. "We should wait until all wound are healed.

Noryia watched, in slight horror, the lich cut into the man, she couldn't help but feel sorry for the wound he caused the mage. Controling her snakes she got ready to send them back towards the other brother when he used wind and flew off. Sighing her two snakes disapeard in blue flakes of magic. She still kept her boar, just in case one of the remaining people tried to attack her. As the lich aporched her the boar stood up ready to ram him if she showed in signs of hurting his master. Noryia's eyes followed the ice wizard closely as he came up to her asked a few questions.

"I am unhurt" She answered shortly. But when she asked about Malace she choose to lie, seeing as Malace was the one person, other than her clones, she could trust... Some what. Looking slightly confused she answered is second question "No, I have never seen an orc in all my life." The half elf didn't really like to lie, but when it came to keeping people safe she would do it. Though, the funny thing is she has no idea that both the lich and the other woman are allies of Malace.

When Necropolis started giving orders she raised an eyebrow, she wasn't sure if he was really trying to help her clone or just trying to get Noryia to leave. Sense she wasn't going to leave to find out, she mentally told Ria to get the list of things that Necroppolis had asked for. Crossing her arms, while still holding on to her flute, she watched the man EXTREMELY close seeing as it was her closest thing she had to a friend he was wanting to mess with.

"If you harm her in anyway, I will not hesaite to have one of my pets eat your head clean of your shoulders." Noryia tried to sound as scary as she could, be she really did get all that much practice. But she was dead serious when she said she would kill him.

Necropolis takes the wood and heats up the metal so he would be able to cauterize the wound, and looks up just in time to see Eva fall to the ground. Are you okay, Eva? The Eva jumps to her feet and proclaims that she is going to attack the desert kingdom, with, or without them. Necropolis heard Eva say that they should wait until everyone is healed, but that part doesn't register as Necropolis grabs her shoulders. We can't jump into battle with the desert people now, unless we wish to lose our heads. We need to find a way to get stronger, and we are doing that at a good pace. We are the only thing keeping them from destroying the four kingdoms, which is why they are trying so hard to find us and stop us. We CAN'T let that happen, at least not yet. We will save your sister, and that strange child... Actually, I don't know about her.
Necropolis turns back to Nory, and hearing Noryia's comment made him turn to her with a curious gaze. You don't trust many people, do you? Also, I can tell that you're lying about Malice for two reasons. One is that I can see it in your eyes, and two is that there is no other reason desert troops would be here. I was just wondering because Eva wanted to see her again. I'm not sure, but I don't think we left on very good terms.

The elf's eyes never left the man in front of her. After thinking a moment about her answer she replied with "Of course I don't trust easily. My home was just burned, frozen, and pulled up by the roots (from the wind). Would be be trusting to a complete stranger of whom you don't even know their name?" Noryia was normally very level headed, but right now she was very upset about Nory and you know everything else.

"Alright, so I saw an orc. How should I know it's name?" She asked the lich dispite the fact Necropolis totally saw through her lie. But she didn't care she planned to keep up playing this game for a while if she had too.

Necropolis was getting irritated by her accusations, but he merely sighed and rubbed his temples before saying Look, I can understand that this may be stressful, but would you like my help or not? I don't like seeing death, as much of an anomaly that may be because I am a lich, especially the deaths of my comrades. Now I don't know what you think you will gleam from lying or pointing fingers, but what I do know is that my main goal is to stop more destruction from ensuing, thus the reason I battle the desert army. Necropolis turned back to Nory and decided to feel her wound for a fever. He couldn't tell because he did not know much about elves, but if her wound did have a fever, it might feel good to have something that wasn't too cold touching it. The name is Necropolis, the newest lich, the only good lich in history, and the wielder of the legendary Icebreather.
(Necropolis decides to drop the matter involving Malace, it was obvious that the elf was going to be keeping at this for a while.)

The battle was over, but the chimera didn't leave. It looked to the lich and the others, immediately moving to Noryia's side, huffing right into his face. The knew the lich was trying to help Nory, but that didn't mean it trusted him. However... They managed to kill some soldiers, but those wizards would return. Probably at full force knowing that their combined powers wouldn't be enough to take them on directly. The chimera debated if it should leave; after all it knew what they were looking for and leaving this place would keep them away. Though it may also leave this place undefended if they return, and despite Noryia's powers she cannot protect herself and her family alone. The chimera cursed at itself. It was starting to regret getting her involved now. Pacing back and forth, the Chimera left behind the building, only to return as Malace. She was donning a simple tunic, the same one she had worn to sleep, since if she had worn it while transformed it would have been torn about and she'd have to walk around topless. She glared at the lich, whom she remembers as Necropolis, and wondered why exactly he came back to look for her.

She had thought the lich had all the power he needed to take on the desert army himself. Or did he find that he was in way over his head? Not that Malace could help anyways; though her chimera form was powerful, that wasn't going to stop an army, least of all one with wizards as powerful as the ones they fought. Remembering her strange dream, perhaps she could find some way to get stronger. Something to help fight the desert army. But then Malace shook her head. Why should she fight them? Sure they were trying to take over the other nations, but if five nations can't repel the desert kingdom, a kingdom that is having a food shortage, then maybe they deserve to get taken over. Of course Malace didn't let anyone know this since she lacked a way to convey her thoughts. Not wanting to actually have to converse with Necropolis the orc went back inside the building and got herself geared up. She intends to leave soon, but she was going to wait until Noryia was available. Malace wanted to bring Noryia with her, at least until she cna find a new, safe place for her to live. It was the least she could do.

A token from one's past

Nodding, Eva slowly starts to understand. With her logic entering back into her brain, she begins to laugh at herself. "I'm so dumb." She shakes her head. Turning around, she see the Chimera go behind the building. Confused, she walks to the left some to get a better view when Malace rounds the corner.

"You've gotta be kidding me. Did anyone else just see that?" She feels like she's talking to herself so she just shakes her head in disbelief. Needing to be alone, she walks up to Necropolis. "I'll be in the woods. Not to far from here. Just yell if you need me." Not waiting for him to answer, she turns around and marches towards the forest. He probably wouldn't even notice her absence. He had his hand full with the clone. She wasn't sure what its name was, but she decided to just stick with elf for a while.

Moving past line after line of trees, she finally settles on a large boulder. Sitting on it, she begins to dig through her bag in search for a few of her training knives. Well i guess one'll have to do. Holding up her newest dagger, she stands up and throws it at a tree. Hitting it's mark, it pierces the wood in a straight shot.

Going over to retrieve it, she notices a small hole in the dirt. Furrowing her brow, she steps closer to get a better look. "No way..." She says and sticks her hand in the hole. As she does this, she gets a flashback of her sister telling her stories.

It was her first day with her sister and they had decided to settle up a small abandoned hut in the woods. It was a cold and harsh night. Without any sleep coming easy, they both began to get restless.

Back then, Evangeline was only about twelve years old, so she wasn't yet able to control her powers. As it got colder and colder, Eva began to get more upset that she had left the training camp for such harsh living conditions. Slowly, it began to rain. The rain mixed with the cold air startled Victoria. Sitting up, she scooted over to where her sister was and wrapped her arms around her.

"I remember a long time ago, mommy use to tell me stories before you were born. This one story in particular, ill never forget." She began, as little Eva curled up into a ball and basked in her sisters warmth. "She said that they use to dig small holes in the ground and hide treasure in them. People would go out in search for these holes, and they would always come back empty handed. No one knew why, but rumors started to spread around that there was something else. That the things in these small holes where pieces of a map."

"A map for what?" Eva says as the rain began to stop.

"I don't know, but one man does, no one knows where he is. You know, they say that was was the one who planted them there, and he was a wizard who would make things and hide them, but then forget where he hid them, so they'd stay lost forever." Vic smiled, as her sister's eyes slowly began to close, and a yawn escaped her mouth.

"I'm going to find them all one day. I know it." Eva says, full of hope.

"I know you will."Vic replies as the rain fully stops and Eva drifts off to sleep.

Back in present day, Eva snaps out of her memory and digs in the hole. Realizing the hole is bigger than she thought, she gets down on her stomach to stick her whole arm in there. Doing this, the tips of her fingers graze something hard. Finally managing to pull it up, she reveals that it's a small box with something tapped to it.

Third piece. Keep looking.

Widening her eyes, she runs back to her bag and sticks the note in there. Finally opening the box, she digs her hand in there and pulls out a small piece of ripped paper. On it, a small part of a map can be seen. With a laugh she stuffs everything back in her bag and walks back to the other, acting as if nothing had just happened.

(If you hadn't noticed, Eva is a very secretive person)​

Noryia walked up to Nory as Necropolis checked for a fever. "Well Necropolis, I would say it's go to meet you but I am sure if it is or not. But, so you know, my name is Noryia. And that-" the elf pointed towards her, "is Nory." She wasn't very confident that she should be telling him their names, but he needed something to call them and she was good with nicknames.

In the corner of her eye she saw the chimera go behind her house. She was very taken back by the fact that Malace come back around the tree instead of the chimera. Though, dispite her shock she did her very best not to let the lich see. Noryia hoped Malace didn't feel guilty about the soldiers coming to her home. Yes they did come to find Malave but how could Malave know that they would be following them.

Ria come out the front door with the things like to four washcloths her arm, needle and thread in a small pouch under the other arm, and two buckets, one in each hand. "Here you are Noryia, I got the things you asked for."

"Give them to Necropolis" Noryia gently ordered her clone. Ria nodded and placed the things next to the man. Seeing Nory like this was saddening, though Ria had been alive just a little over 6 hours, the older clone felt like a big sister to Ria.

Necropolis carefully took the tools from Ria, nodding slightly in thanks before setting them down in order of what he was going to be using them for.
Nice to meet you Noryia and Nory, I hope. I'll have to clean the wound before do anything. Necropolis proceeds to carefully clean the wound with the warm water so he wouldn't mess with the temperature too much. After cleaning the wound as best as he could, he took another rag and dabbed it in alcohol befero leaning closer to Nory's head. If you can hear me in there, get ready, this may hurt. Necropolis then waited for a moment before wiping the wound with alcohol, disinfecting it. After he did that, he poured a small amount of warm water on the wound to wash away the remaining alcohol. He then took the needle and weaved the thread through the eye of the needle, having to take a few goes at it before the thread made it through. Necropolis turned to ask Eva for assistance, but she wasn't there, so he considered asking Malace. He quickly ruled that out as well though, being as how she didn't seem to want to hang around. Necropolis turned to Noryia after considering it for a moment. After I'm done sewing the wound shut, I'm going to have to cauterize the wound. Will you help me by holding Nory down, just in case she wakes up?

Noryia studied what he was doing to clean the wound and how he did it, it might come in handy later in life. She was sad when Nory made no sigh of waking up as the lich clean the injury. Her eyes looked down at her friend, she wasn't sure what would happen if Nory did wake up but she was very confident that it would not be pretty to witness. Noryia nodded as she walked around Nory's still body and sat down on her knees. Placing her hands on Nory's shoulder and lower stomach to keep her from moving if she wake up. "I am ready" the elf spoke just barely above a whisper.

Necropolis nodded, then sewed the wound shut, which actually wasn't that painful because Necropolis was extremely careful, but he knew the it would hurt when he had to actually mend the skin together. He lifted the red-hot metal rod that he kept on him for this kind of scenario. It was rounded at the end, and the handle itself was made out of rock instead of metal so the heat wouldn't seep onto the handle. Necropolis held down her arm with one hand for extra stability if she were to wake up and pressed the rod against her wound. There was a sizzle as the skin was burnt together, and there was now the light smell of copper in the air, but that was just the skin melding back together. Necropolis went quicker than he normally would, since female skin was fairer then male skin, not to mention that she wan an elf. It only took about 15 seconds, but Necropolis finished his work and quickly dipped the rod in the warm water. The rod hissed and the water sizzled, but Necropolis didn't pay attention to this as he quickly retrieved the rag that he had been soaking in the cold water before putting it on the wound to ease away some of the pain and stop the skin from burning any more. It was extremely quick, quicker than what Necropolis was used to, but he managed to seal Nory's wound properly enough. He couldn't do anything about the tissue underneath the skin, but it would heal over time, that he knew. He stood and wiped his hands on the inside of his clothes despite the fact that there was no blood on them, and spoke to Noryia about how Nory shouldn't strain her arm to much or risk damaging the tissue underneath. If she doesn't do too much work with that arm, she'll probably make a quick recovery. I have something to ask you before we leave though, and I don't blame you if you choose to refuse. We are almost done preparing to attack the desert army, but I know that we all would appreciate it if you could help us, or at least help the kingdoms prepare their armies with less... stress.

Finally returning to the group, Eva sets her stuff down and is glad to see that the other elf is okay. Walking up to Necropolis, Eva smiles. "So what now? Im sure we're not just going to sit here and do nothing, right?" Eva asks. Ever since she had found a map peice, her had begun to get anxious for another one. She realized that her foot kept tapping awkwardly, and that she was grinding her teeth a lot.

Furrowing her brow, she dismisses it and then quickly turns towards the healthy elf. "I'm Evangeline by the way, but everyone calls me Eva." Holding out her hand, she smiles.

Noryia could smell the rod burning into the skin of her clone. It was very unsettling in the stomach. After he finished doctoring up Nory the elf stood to her feet. "She should be healed in a day or two." She informed the lich calmly. Her clones had the ability to heal abnormally fast, seeing as they aren't human (or elf).

Carefully she thought over the question of Necropolis', after thinking of a reply she answered with "I will need a short time to think it over." She did not give a reason for wanting time but she didn't care. Noryia didn't know I'd she was ready to go back into in world were there are so many people who can get hurt. So if she were to go and help it would be the group of 'heros', simply because she was sure that if she lost control of her power they would more than match in strength.

Turning towards Eva and very cautiously took her hand and shook it gently, and yet firmly. "I am Noryia, it's nice to meet you Eva." She gave a small smile, but it was still a smile.

Necropolis nodded, glad to hear that Nory's recovery would be swift, even if abnormally so. He also nodded when she said she would need some time to think over his offer. Necropolis turned to Eva, who had just arrived, and the question of what they would be doing caught him off guard. We need to find a way to help your sister, so we would need to find a way to hide or at least disguise ourselves. I know small runes that could help us, but they would not even be close to adequate enough to hide us among an entire army. If you know anyone with strong runes, or anything even close to strong enough for that matter, then I think I'll just let you lead the way.

Eva nodded. "I do know this one guy. But we aren't on best terms." She says with a sigh. "However, He's gonna have to get over his ego. I know he will want to save my sister just as bad as i do." Eva says shaking her head. Unfortunately, she wasn't excited about seeing him but he was the only person she knew that had strong runes.

"When do we leave?" She asks giving the injured elf a sorrowful look.

"I know of no one who can do runes." Noryia added, she knew when it came to knowing people she would be the worst one to ask... Seeing as she knew no one. She bent down and picked up her flute then offered to the rest of the group, "If you wish to come in you can." The woman walked passed Nory and went to the door and opened it for anyone who might wish to sit and wait. Ria sat down next to Nory to wait until the latter woke up.

The inside of Noryia's home didn't look much different then when she came with Malace. Noryia waited, holding the door open till the two people came in the door.

Necropolis observed his surroundings as he stepped into Noryia's home, and what he saw was better than any home he had, even if it wasn't the best house in the world. There were a few decorations and comforts, but it wasn't that bad compared to other homes he had seen, especially homes with children in them. Homes that had those little monsters in them were always messy no matter how much you cleaned, which is why he was glad that James didn't have any children that would confuse them, then he would have children calling him "daddy" all the time, and the very thought of it sickened him. He shook off the thought and bowed lightly in thanks to Noryia for letting him into her home. Before Noryia could close the door though, Gerald pulled on her shirt to get her attention. He pointed to himself, then to the inside, to ask if he could come in as well.

Todd had been wandering the countryside searching for the heros when he saw the huge storm that had suddenly formed over the forest. He grinned in assurance that the heros were there. He ran back into Damalthia and went to the catapults. The guards were confused at Todd's request, but they cranked one of the catapults and aimed it towards the forest, and were even more bewildered as Todd jumped into the chamber.
"What the hell are you doing?!"
"I want you to launch me towards the orest. This angle is perfect, especially after I use my magic on it."
"What do you mean your- GAH!"
Todd used his magic and the catapult was covered in a bunch of symbols. He commanded them to launch him by his title as hero, and the guard cringed as he pulled back on the lever. Todd whooped as he was launched through the air like a missle. The guards expected him to drop from the sky after a few hundred feet, but were amazed to see that he kept going... and going... and going. He was soon just a dot on the horizon flying towards the forest and the storm, which had begun to dissipate.
Todd continued whooping until he reached the trees, where branches broke through the small cage Todd had made from a cannon ball. It was more like a giant round ball that was hollow on the inside, with bars that allowed Todd to look out of the makeshift door.
"Alright, time to harden up!"
Todd curled into a ball and shrunk the cage, making it thicker, but smaller. The cage slammed into the ground with great force, and hid it been against a rock, it probably would've broken the cage. The cage continued to slide across the dirt before slowly coming to a stop. Todd pushed the door open with his hands and rose our of it before stepping out. As soon as Todd broke contact with the cage, it turned back into a normal cannon ball.
"That... was... awesome... hehe."
Todd was a bit wobbly in the legs as he approached a clearing, seeing people through the trees. They had already gone inside, so Todd decided to stay where he was so he wouldn't spoil anyone's mood.
(If you can't tell, I've also gotten better at proofreading.)

Noryia nodded towards Necropolis as he walked in the door. She looked down when she felt her dress top being tugged, to be honest she was quite taken back by the fact she stared into eyeballess sockets. Kindly she smiled at the short boney man and with her hand she motioned for him to enter her home. She moved away from the door but kept it open if Eva chose to come in. "I am sorry for the lack of furnishings, but living in the middle of no where meanings that getting large things are quite hard."

Status
Not open for further replies.