The First Subjects (Revamp)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up - I will most likely be unable to access the internet from, like, 6th december to 12th so yeah.

EDIT: I'm back and lurking & will post when it's my turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's alright. I think we're all busy.

Can we drop the post order now, @firejay1?

I don't know if the others are still around, frankly.

I get the feeling that sign is no longer around. That person hasn't been online since November 27th.

Okay, roll call. Who's still so around?

@Almalthia, @Uuko, @Lord of Dragons, y'all still in on this? I think TheSignWriter is no longer with us due to being inactive since thanksgiving. Which was when the last in character post was made.

Reactions: Victor Markov
We can probably ditch the posting order soon, but if @Uuko and @Lord of Dragons are no longer around, we may have to kill it or look for more people.

We can probably ditch the posting order soon, but if @Uuko and @Lord of Dragons are no longer around, we may have to kill it or look for more people.
I don't want to give up on this rp. There's one person who's waiting for a spot to open up on page three. And it shouldn't be too hard finding two more if it comes to that, but i hope that only one needs to be replaced.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Almalthia
Last edited:
sure, why not

Do you want me to start working on a CS?

Name:
Jared (2B)

Appearance:
2015-New-Arrival-Hoodies-Mens-Sports-Sweatshirt-Men-s-Pullover-hoodies-Sport-Suit-Hooded-Solid-Fleece.jpg

Sexual orientation:
Straight

Abilities:
Shadow/darkness creation - Where there is light, there is also the lack of light, better known as shadow. Where there is no shadow, Jared can make his own

~Originally, the generated shadows would only form around his fingertips. Later, they could cover his entire hand and, after much more practice, covered up his arms up to his shoulders.

~The generated shadows are physical, meaning that they can help protect Jared as some sort of armor. It started out as only capable of protecting Jared from hot surfaces (like an oven mitt) but will eventually be able to stop bullets from harming him.

Shadow/darkness manipulation - Jared is able to stretch, compress, and just in general wield shadow/darkness (whatever you want to call it) as a weapon as well as a defense.

~He is able to make turn the shadows cast by other objects (including himself) into physical objects, capable of interacting with whatever they can reach. Originally, the shadows could only reach about 5 ft from its source. With practice, Jared will eventually be able to use shadows to reach as far as 30 ft from its source. These shadows must stay connected to their source.

~In a dark room, Jared can solidify the darkness itself, potentially literally suffocating somebody in darkness. In the beginning, the solid darkness could only hinder somebody's breathing, not stop it completely. He is also able to create a wall of darkness, albeit not as strong as a wall created from shadows. Aside from this, Jared is unable to actually manipulate the darkness.

~Jared can launch his generated shadows in short bursts from his hand as a kind of projectile. These projectile must be from him; he is unable to use the shadow of another object as a projectile. These projectiles are rather short ranged and widespread by default but can be concentrated into a single, sniper-like blast.

~By stretching his generated shadow from his arms over his entire body, Jared is able to create a suit/armor of shadow around himself making himself stronger, tougher, and faster. He also gains a heightened sense of smell, hearing, and touch. As a drawback, Jared is unable to see as the shadow covers everything including his eyes. He is also unable to manipulate any other shadow not generated by him.

~Jared is able to sink into shadows cast by other objects. He is able to move while in these shadows but must remain within it, meaning that if the shadow is moved, he will be moved with it. He can move to a shadow of another object but only if the shadows are connected. Shining light on the shadow Jared is hiding in will force him to jump out.

Personality:
Jared would be best described as a neutral evil person. He has no wish to see the world burn nor does he aspire to save the world from any impending doom. Any deal he makes is for himself and any alliance he breaks is only for his own convenience. In terms of human life (or life in general), Jared would prefer not having to take it but will not hesitate nor regret once he has done so. He does not care much about loyalty or friends, to himself or to others, not blaming anybody if he is betrayed and not hesitating to betray another.
In brief, Jared is a wild card who does what he likes, when he likes, regardless of who are benefitted or who are hurt.

Although not a brilliant actor, Jared is able to quite easily blend in with his surroundings. He is observant and patient, often sitting still for hours if needed in order to pick up the practices of the people he was among. He has also trained himself to be able to lie with a straight face and voice, just to make sure he could keep a charade up as long as he needed.

Emotionally, Jared is as dead as possible without actually being dead. Although he usually finds himself indifferent when others are hurt, he feels something when children or other "innocent" people are involved. This doesn't stop him from doing what he has set his mind to but it does make him feel a little uncomfortable.

Thoughts about the world's situation: The world's already a mess. All that matters now is what he can get out of it.

Quote: "You want to stab me in the back, go ahead. I'm not even standing for any side." "So you're the "good guys" out to save the world and I'm with the "bad guys" that you want to stop. Okay, sure. It's us "bad guys" that make the world turn anyway. All you "good guys" do is try to stop us." "You have something I want. Give it to me."

Last edited:
So, he's neither for peace or destruction?

So, he's neither for peace or destruction?
Well, yeah...kinda. He's on whatever side he feels like being on. Destruction will help him kill someone who he's been going after? He'll side with destruction. Peace will let him get away with something? He'll side with peace. He's not stuck to either side.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Victor Markov
Status
Not open for further replies.