The First Subjects (Revamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can she control the dream itself, or does the dream control the dream to begin with? Also, just curious, but if her throat is tired, does her song get less potent/accurate or something?
All good questions. She can chose the subject of the Dream Walking and control the dream that is there already. For the time being she cannot create the dream that we'll work up to she has the ability just doesn't realize it yet. If her voice gets tired then she stops and the song does as well. Effects of the song linger for an hour after she stops singing.

Oh I meant more like, if her voice starts cracking. An hour after the singing stops is kinda a long time, but I've got no problems with it. She can't kill people just by singing, can she? Just checking.

Oh I meant more like, if her voice starts cracking. An hour after the singing stops is kinda a long time, but I've got no problems with it. She can't kill people just by singing, can she? Just checking.
No. No killing people just by singing that is OP and I won't stand for it. She's more the one to lure in people so that Sorbere could heal or what not, she doesn't like to get her hands dirty so she'd judge the person worthy or not but not strike the final blow. Also so that she isn't blamed for it.

Reactions: firejay1
Well I'm ready when anyone else is, I like all of the characters we have going on here so far.

Reactions: Almalthia
Seems like we've got a lot of people on the destruction side. There's Leon, Sorbere and Magdalena and only one on the peace side...not too balanced yet.

Oh and @Victor Markov, yes almost like the crazy old man from the hulk, except when he absorbs things the object is not stuck with his hand, it's more along the lines of using the stuff as an armor of sorts so he can tear his way through things with his bare hands. But I was thinking of Bruce Banners father from the hulk movie from the early 2000's or late 90's, whichever time frame that movie was made in.

not yet, @Almalthia, we just need maybe one more person on the light side and probably some random people from the military or something like that even

• Thank You
Gosh this moved fast while I was sleeping.

Dibs on #5 | Male | Peace, will write up a CS as soon as I'm done with answering emails. Why do people email me at four in the morning I don't even

It's not a light side and a dark side, *laughs. It's for peace or for destruction, and in any case, it's deliberately balanced so that there will be three each. Uuko, your reservation is noted. I'm not gonna start the IC until we have all 6, and no side characters will be accepted yet.

alrighty, i guess i must have been off key or something. Maybe it's because i'm tired

Five
Subject #5
"Give me five seconds to pierce your heart~"

Sexual orientation
Bi-curious

Personality
Five desires to see the world with his two eyes, as well as enjoy 'youth' with people around his age. This has been fueled by the books and other media he was allowed while being captive of experiments. In a sense he is self-centered, as this dream of his is solely due to his own benefit; Five does not believe in the 'good' of humanity thanks to what he's seen and experienced since as young as he could remember. Despite this nature of his, or perhaps because of this nature of his, Five is chivalrous when it comes to protecting the weak; that is, he believes no one else in the world except himself can be the 'knight in shining armour' and will attempt to show off his good side. He also doesn't see himself as 'evil' and if he is the one initiating a malicious deed such as murder or oppressing the weak, he justifies it as a necessity for the good of all.

His role models generally were the 'smooth-talking' opportunist kind of characters within fictional stories, which is the sort of appearance he strives to maintain. Whether this is successful or not is debatable, as he tends to blurt out cheesy lines from time to time. His appearance, especially his smile, is immaculate and shows to be very observant of others especially cuties however.

Thoughts about the world's situation
Despite the somewhat comfortable treatment, Five believes that the experiments done upon him and his peers is an unforgivable act of malice. From these situation he has come to believe that the human population as a whole is 'evil' while he himself is the only real 'good'. On the other hand he has a tendency to think having 'good' people around him will be boring, as the vast amount of fun things he had experienced when he wasn't being experimented on, such as books and shows, were created by the 'evil' people. This is why Five supports peace of mankind, but eventually dreams of becoming someone equivalent to a king or a ruler of the world... just not in a destructive way.

Abilities
Light Creation - able to conjure a ball of light.
  • Initially able to conjure two fist-sized balls, but will eventually be able to create more as proficiency increases.
  • The intensity of the light created is equivalent to normal daylight; it cannot be used to blind others as of yet, though may eventually reach such level.
  • Caster is not immune to the blinding.
  • The creation can be performed simply by willing the lights into existence without the use of any body part. Likewise, they can be snuffed out voluntarily.
  • The lights created require the caster to be conscious in order to stay in existence.
  • The conjuration does not affect the light surrounding the caster. This means that this ability can be used even in complete darkness.
  • When out of control, the lights may not be conjured or snuffed out.

Light Manipulation - able to manipulate the light created with Light Creation.
  • Manipulation of light is restricted to light conjured by the caster.
  • Initially can manipulate up to two balls of light at once. Even at full proficiency, the greatest number of lights that can be manipulated at once is three. Any more will require too much calculations and willpower which a normal human will not able to handle, however theoretically if there was a machine which can help with the mental stress, it is not impossible to control more at once.
  • A single ball of light can grow as big as an A4 size paper if flattened with manipulation.
  • Manipulations include moving the ball of light around in mid-air, changing its shape and after increased proficiency, change the colour of the light and control the reflect/refration of light bouncing off of the conjured light.
  • Designating a ball of light as a manipulation target requires vision of the ball of light. Once it is 'designated', it no longer requires sight unless the designation is over. While a ball of light is designated, it must constantly be manipulated or moved to stay designated.
  • Light Manipulation requires the caster to have vision; that is, if they are blind-folded or finds their eyes covered with someone's hands, etc such that they cannot voluntarily see anything except darkness, their manipulation powers will be nullified and revert the light back into their floating spherical and harmless shape until they are willed away or if the caster becomes unconscious. Eyelids closing and opening does not affect this, as they are voluntary movements.

Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation [LASER] - Epitome of Light Creation / Light Manipulation
  • By focusing the manipulation of conjured light to a single point, the balls of light can imitate laser beams.
  • Initially, it takes at least five seconds of constant concentration in order to create the ideal spatial coherence for the laser to form.
  • If the caster is so much as tapped on the shoulder while concentrating they will have to refocus and take another five seconds to make it work. This delay will decrease with proficiency.
  • Once the laser is fully prepared, it has enough power to burn through almost any organic matter.
  • The longer the laser last, the stronger the power grows.
  • There is also an additional delay between each laser burst [as in, shoot a laser, stop the laser then point it at another direction and shoot it again]; this delay cannot be reduced even with more proficiency.
  • Lasers can only be shot in a single direction. Over time and practice it will be possible to 'drag' the laser into another direction with the caster's mind in order to avoid the momentary delays between each laser bursts, but this can be unnecessarily destructive.
  • Initially, if the caster attempts to output a laser for too long [perhaps more than two posts, idk] they will lose control of the laser.
  • Lasers going out of control can be stopped by making the caster unconscious.
  • Caster is not immune to lasers.
[/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and @Victor Markov, yes almost like the crazy old man from the hulk, except when he absorbs things the object is not stuck with his hand, it's more along the lines of using the stuff as an armor of sorts so he can tear his way through things with his bare hands. But I was thinking of Bruce Banners father from the hulk movie from the early 2000's or late 90's, whichever time frame that movie was made in.
Ah, so like Kevin eleven from ben ten.

A very effective combo.

Now we just wait for the last female character. I like where this is going @firejay1

Okay uuko. I like how detailed and maintained the powers are, and that they don't deviate from a single theme, but a couple questions. If he loses control by having his eyes covered.... does this just mean by losing sight of all of the balls at once, or does something have to be really really close to his eyes? Like, if someone just stepped between him and his balls so he could no longer see them, would he still be able to control them even though technically nothing is "covering" his eyes.

Secondly:
Perhaps due to the fact death and torturous situations were surrounding his childhood of experimentation, Five is generally unfazed by the prospect of such things and even shows a high tolerance to pain.

What?! When was there any mention of torture? The kids were genetically modified as babies, and from there, tested constantly, to be sure, but zaira certainly didn't make any indication that the subjects were tortured, and who was it that was supposed to be killed in his life? He's been here since he was a baby. I mean, if you see some way in which the tests lead to the deaths of people around him, like it did with subject #1 (previously #2) who couldn't control his bloodlust and kept killing the scientists despite numerous safeguards, that's fine. I suppose in just confused, especially as his power doesn't seem that destructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.