The Evrensel Conflict: Act 1 -- Paralogue 1: The Lost World

Abigail Delano/Courier Six- Character Sheet

Her experience with the Deathclaw with this similar tactic serves Abby well when she sees her plan work very well, and that mountain of flesh and bone come hurtling down onto her. Taking her finger off the trigger of the Death Pod makes it collapse into its pod form as she hugs it to her torso and rolls away from the falling titan.

The resulting tremor of the Rex hitting the ground causes Abby to jump and gain more momentum in the roll. The resilient metal of her armor absorbs the majority of the impact as she rolls until she spreads out her limbs and skids to a stop. Still slightly disoriented, Abby takes a few moments to re-orient herself as she gets to her feet, re-activates the Death Pod and looks into the jungle.

Crap. Ziv and Kassandra had stood their ground with her, but Alec and Nolan had not.

"Come on!" Abby yells through the voice modulator of her helmet while frantically waving and running into the jungle. In roughly the same direction she remembers they'd all been running before.

Abby runs into the jungle and slows her pace, ducks as she looks back. Her ploy had been to injure the thing so badly it would abandon the hunt, as any animal would when it was suddenly hurt so bad. Seeing an arrow in its chest and Ksssandra holding her bow, she assumes rightly it'd been also hit by her.

The Courier scans around the area for any sign of where Alec and Nolan had run. Breaks in the foliage if not for clear footprints. She also sets her Death Pod to Auto Fire; the ammo for this setting was small, but if the damn thing chose to chase them in a rage getting peppered around the eyes should be a good further deterrent.

~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Masureta
Location: in between the swamp and the forest near the coastline
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

Reta was about to step into the muck of the swamps before a voice abruptly stopped her. She tried to hold the woman helping her stand back before she stepped in too, and then awkwardly tried to hobble on one foot so she could face the voice. In the woods stood a small green creature, nothing quite like the creatures Reta had seen in her world. This one wasn't quite as monstrous as the things she had seen, but it definitely wasn't human due to its green complexion. It then raised the idea that Reta's wound might get infected. Honestly, the wound would be able to be healed once everyone was in a safe area so Reta didn't really worry about it. Reta had a greater concern for the leeches though. If the dinosaurs here were as big as they were, there was no doubt going to be leeches to counteract that size.

They couldn't just stand around and build a raft though. Reta tried to tell the small being that they had no time by pointing farther back into the woods, and then proceeded to flap her arm and attempted to imitate a pterodactyl. She would either be seen as crazy by doing that, or the creature would not understand it at all. Hopefully the blindfolded woman would be able to come to the same conclusion and actually word Reta's thoughts. It was really hard to communicate Ideas when A, people didn't understand the sign language Reta could do and B, one of the main people helping was blindfolded and couldn't see what Reta was trying to convey.

Ziv was thankful Kassandra offered support to Abby. While he had talent with a sword his ability for ranged combat was non-existent. He was about ready to jump in when the massive beast began teetering towards Abby but she was quick to put a stop to it. With her call he followed after her, giving an unsure look to realizing Nolan and Alec took off already.

He glanced back for a moment to make sure the Dino wasn't in sight. He'd feel it before he saw it but still. Now the other two were another matter. He let out a slow deep breath and closed his eyes. They were far, from what he could tell. He nudged Abby. "This way. They're over here, and they're about a kilometer away." He stated to her, taking the lead to head in their direction. Something concerned him though; Alec felt colder than he should. He only knew of a person feeling cold if they were dying. He didn't want to say that to Abby though.

Nolan
Riverbank with Alec Duggan

One moment was all it took, ears still ringing but slowly returning to function as he ran with Alec. Gear clunking on his back, leverage for when Alec grabbed onto Nolan as he fell. Pulling poor Nolan with him, a yelp coming from the young man as he rolled down behind Alec. Thankfully, Nolan had been in several situations like this, falling down hills among other things. So he was mostly prepared to do in order to avoid serious injury and as luck would have it, the gear he had on would mostly protect him from impacts and scrapes.

First step was to use his arms to shield his head, to reduce likelihood of getting a head injury. Which did expose his arms to potential harm. And that was about it in terms of 'preparation' for this.

His path diverged from Alec's, going down a far more steeper and rocky hill than the sudden drop that Alec had experienced. The protection from his gear on the 'path' that he and Alec were on, was greatly not helpful in this new 'path' as his clothes got cut and even sliced right through the strap causing his rifle to go flying down the hill and landing in the river, sticking out like sign as the barrel implanted in the deep mud under the water.

Nolan would roll to a stop, bleeding in some spots and would be sporting a bruise on his legs and his right side. But thankfully no broken bones or a concussion. He would have a nasty scrape along his arm that stained the cloth it was under. And unbeknownst to Nolan, he had a stick literally hanging out of his shoulder. At the right angle that he couldn't see and shock keeping the pain away for now. But right now he had more important things to worry about, such as the fact that Alec had landed a lot harder than Nolan did. So running down the riverbank to where Alec lay, Nolan skidded to a stop, pulling off his backpack to get his first aid kit which would then cause his attention to be drawn to the stick in his shoulder.

Pain shooting into his nerves as the brain finally registered the signals from the body. 'Ouch we got a problem.' Being the gist of the signal.

But he couldn't get at it and besides he couldn't risk pulling it out if it had hit an artery. So he had to undo the straps on the backpack on the side with the injury, dropping said backpack to the ground next to Alec as he dug into it for the medical kit. Pulling out a metal case that had a big green cross on it, Nolan opened it up and began to apply rough-first aid to Alec. But first, he passed his pistol to the man as he was still conscious, and hopefully when he was slightly doped up, he could cover Nolan while he worked.

First injecting a small dose of morphine into Alec's exposed skin, right where a vein would be. Second was to clean Alec's facial wounds with alcohol and cloth, and lastly was to check his head out for any cuts and waving a light in his eyes for signs of a potential concussion. Asking him "A-Alec, I need you to talk, even if you're tired or t-the drug is kicking in. Just talk." Nolan said as he gently moved Alec as his lower half wasn't in water before taking the gun back gently. As now the treatment was done to a degree as he had nothing to detect the broken bones or other injuries and much less to treat said injuries. Hoping that Alec wouldn't fall asleep and risk dying.

Nolan would now begin treating his immediate injuries. Ripping the blood-stained sleeve from his jacket, Nolan first cleaned the wound with the alcohol wipes before using a needle and wire to sew it shut. A process that made Nolan's eyes dance with black spots as he did so, the burning of the cleaning solution and the whole 'sewing' a wound shut causing intense stress on his senses. Finally bandaging the arm up tightly, making essentially a new sleeve out of bandages. Finally finished, he sat next to Alec, gun at the ready as he waited with the Scotsman for the others to hopefully arrive.

@Wade Von Doom

Vivian Cain - Swamp

Vivian heard the heartbeat of a small creature behind her, making her hurry out of fear for her friend at least until it began speaking, presumably the small goblin creature she'd taken a peek at before while on the beach, causing her to sigh in relief. Thinking on its words, she felt her mute friend stopping her to... Do something with her arms, flailing them from what she could tell, maybe she was angry with her? Had she done something wrong? Shaking her head, she put the thoughts of it out of her mind as she picked her acquaintance up once more.

Shrugging at the action, she didn't feel like they had much of a choice in the matter. The idea of a raft sounded like a luxury they didn't have to her. She didn't have any tools, not that she'd know how to make one anyway, not to mention how long it would take. "I think we need to go, not enough time. I can hold her leg above the water, and... I am not worried about leeches. How long does it look like it'll take to get to the other side?" she answered, already beginning the journey as she began wading through the muddy water.

Kassandra of Sparta

A direct and devastating hit, and Kassandra does not waste time in order to so much as smile in triumph. The Spartan warrior runs in the direction she had seen the others running before without prompting from Abby. Fleet feet and keen eyes find and bring her to Abigail and Ziv swiftly. The man has somehow identified where Alec and Nolan have gone before she can even begin tracking them by the terrain.

"Lead the way." Kassandra says to Ziv and prepares an arrow while following behind the other two. She keeps alert not just for the monster they'd just maimed, but for any other dangers this dense foliage could be hiding.

Batman
The Swamp

Batman stepped out of the shadows. He looked momentarily at the blindfolded one, and then stared at the back of Reta's head for a moment, until he was finally noticed.

"We're not being followed," Batman said, particularly to Reta. In his hand, extended towards her, was a small box with a red cross on it, universally recognizable as a first-aid kit. Whether it was accepted or refused, he smoothly flowed into his next actions and words.

"The pterodactyls broke off. We can afford to build a raft; it will be safer and faster that way."

Batman reached down into his utility belt and pulled out a variant of the ordinary Batarang; although most of his projectiles had dulled edges and tips to make sure they were non-lethal, this one was razor-sharp, capable of breaking skin with a simple pull.

He broke off some dried grass from a nearby patch of land that had been surrounded with rocks and unluckily went unexposed to moisture for extended periods of time and fashioned a set of rather simplistic straps and bindings from it. After that, he found a thick but flexible branch and used the straps to combine it with the Batarang, creating an impromptu axe. It took him less than half a minute to do this. The man was clearly experienced with matters of survival, doing it in an easy sequence that indicated he didn't even have to think about his next step.

Once Batman's axe was prepared, he started chopping down a nearby tree. In twelve neat chops, as the rest of the survivors observed, he managed to sever the large tree, then gently used his shoulder to prop it up as he laid it down.

"I'll chop," Batman said, doing exactly what he said. With a swing of the axe, he cut a divot into the thick log. "Chum, you're in charge of gathering dried grass and making bindings for the raft. The rest of you will tie the logs together and help Chum gather grass, unless you have some power that can be used to help me cut this log apart faster. We'll do it step by step, testing the buoyancy and making it bigger to support our weight as required. Once we're in the water, I can use one of my devices to pull us across the swamp quickly."

Last edited:
Nolan

Deciding it'd be better for Alec if Nolan told a story, something for Alec to focus on and not risk making whatever pain plaguing his brain get worse. Thinking deep and hard, Nolan began to tell the Scotsman a story.

"I didn't grow up normal like other kids, parents died shortly after my world got flipped upside down. I barely survived growing up if it wasn't for my Uncle Tim. He was a prepper so when he saw the sky turn all shades of color, he took me and his only daughter into his bunker. I cannot remember those nights in great detail beyond the howling winds, and these awful sounds. Despite everything, Uncle Tim kept cheering us up, told his daughter and I jokes, played movies and all sorts of things." Nolan began, keeping an eye on the tree line along the creek with his gun.

"I can not begin to tell you about how many times I saw Hook with Mister Williams. The fun ended when Tim went surface-wise. I saw his face before and after, and I have yet to see that same look of horror. Like all the blood left him, he didn't tell us what he saw. But everything changed, we were told to keep quiet, and he began to teach us things like how to fire a gun, how to hide, how to scavenge. Everything we'd need to survive in the new world. A solid two years went like that, and he did his best. Neither of us knew how to fight well, but it would still help us out. Especially when he began to cough blood and wheeze this sound. We had to go out and find medicine and food for him cause he couldn't leave his bed after a while, that was how bad the pain was." He paused as he saw bushes move ever so slightly, but that would turn out to be the wind after a tense couple seconds.

"He died in his sleep, and we buried him under a tree that his dad had planted. My cousin went off east to find her mother, and I went out to find a purpose in the new world. Despite all the terrible things I saw and had inflicted on me, I saw many beautiful things, Alec. Fields of flowers that glowed like the stars at night, a forest that looked like the coral reef with flying fish that just moved on through the air as if it were water. A giant lady tending to a forest as one would a garden. And a dragon peacefully resting on a hill overlooking a lake. I think I have a sketch in my journal." Nolan would later say with a hastiness only someone wanting to clear the air.

"N-not of the giant lady, I wouldn't d-do that. Of the dragon, I mean. Anyways. Part of me wishes to have grown up like you or some of the others. Normal, I mean. But another part of me doesn't want to, instead wanting to stay within that crazy world. Just to see what extraordinary sight I can bear witness to. No matter how bad or good. Though I would not be o-opposed to perhaps seeing the worlds you and the others came from, maybe even go to a bar as you mention." He finished the story as the others arrived in whatever fashion they chose.

"I think he has a concussion and maybe more than that." He'd say to them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creek

If the group decided to continue down the creek's edge, right where it rejoined with a river, there was a small little beach of sorts that had a rough path back onto the forest floor, the group would find an entrance to a cave.

0 Cave Entrance by JoakimOloksson on Deviantart.jpg

Despite how big the entrance was, the interior of the cave tapered off into dead ends and holes so tiny that only a big smaller than a fist could just barely fit through. The main 'area' just after the entrance was sizable enough for a rudimentary 'base' for the group. Within walking distance of the nearby river and creek, and a decent hike back to the ship once it was safe near that area.

It would have to do for the time being, as evident from the position of the sun. Things would be getting dark in the next couple hours. And it'd be best for the group to at least begin a fire near the entrance, cause despite the cove being a good distance from danger, if they looked just hard enough into the tree line opposite them. They can see movement, growls and chittering in the dark areas where the foliage was so thick that it was near night under the leaves.

Not to mention distant roars of creatures and local fauna, meant that the night was going to be anything but peaceful if they didn't get that fire started or not take shelter in the cave.

@Amber Franklin @LenxKaitoYaoi @Jenhal @Wade Von Doom

Last edited:
Masureta

Vivian was already standing knee-deep in swamp muck when the man dressed as a bat appeared from behind a nearby tree. He seemed to have made it past the pterodactyls along with chum, but their third friend had lagged behind. The batman spoke up as a way of revealing himself, explaining that the dinos had left the area perhaps in search of other food.

It wasn't all that noticeable before, but Vivi could feel Reta's body relax in her arms. She had been tensed up this entire time out of fear for being dispersed and losing more memories. Reta then noticed the first aid being offered and shook her head and raised her hands. She wasn't going to waste the first aid for those that couldn't regenerate. Reta also wasn't gonna use her regeneration to top off the injury she had, as she could survive with it for now until the group got to safe shelter. Reta patted Vivian on the shoulder again to let her down, but she wasn't sure if Vivian would really get it since that was basically the only way they had communicated up to this point.

When Reta was set back onto the ground, she slowly settled into the dirt and grass and began to gather materials to fashion the boat together. Reta tried to guide Vivi over to another end of the partially made boat, and guided the string into her hands so Vivi could get a grip on them and begin tying them. There wasn't much else Reta could think of Vivi doing other than that. Hopefully she could do it while blind. She gave a thumbs up to the man in the bat suit as she went to work.

Abigail Delano/Courier Six- Character Sheet

The helmet has a lot of functions. Too many, and none with instructions. Her vision was flooded with scans of the ground, highlighting several footprints of animals and footprints, but she doesn't know how to work it to isolate the footprints. Or do anything for that matter. She really needed someone to show her how the helmet works. Abby is thankful for Ziv in that moment.

"Lead on!" She declares and follows close behind Ziv while still aggravated by the vision setting of her helmet on top of concern for Alec and Nolan. That thing back there was a big danger, but she knew there has to be more on this planet of all sizes. That is why as they go, she keeps the Death Pod ready.

They come to a steep gully, so suddenly that it's only her steady careful pace that prevents her from falling. Her feet skid and kick dirt down. They arrive in time to hear Nolan ramble about some giant lady, and express a wish to have lived a better life as others in their group. More importantly, she sees Alec next to him.

"Alec!" Abby yells maybe too loudly. She rolls the collapsed Death Pod down first before climbing down to the creekbed to be at Alec's side. Abby takes the helmet off and looks annoyed but elated. "Goddamn boy. You took a bad tumble didn't you?" She checks his wounds, and they look to be fine.

"You missed it, I scorched that big lizard right in his big mouth!" She tells him excitedly and looks around "But really we'd be dumb to just sit out here in the open. We gotta get going." Abby helps Alec walk, if he needs help walking, stowing her Death Pod in her pack for the time being.

When they reach the cave, Abby stays at Alec's side.

"Kass, you wanna check this cave first? Don't wanna wake something up." Abby suggests to the other woman.

Chum Teeth couldn't help but let out a grumpy huff. She wanted to collect resources before, build a shelter, set up long-term survival. But the large animals she saw across the way, the flying beasties patrolling the shore, and the general situation seemed to all say that IF they were gonna live, the coast was the LAST place to do it. They would need something more solid than wood and grassy ropes to keep the monsters out. She'd still make the ropes, but relying on them was out of the question. So, of course, her mind rolled over alternatives...

The first thing Chum thought of was a cave, but if the grazing beasts were that large, surely the predators were greater, and the caverns claimed. Perhaps a very large, very sturdy tree? The branches would prevent divebombs, and the height might prevent intrusion, but... No, that was unlikely to work. What WOULD work, then? Chum envisioned a small fortress built onto the side of a mountain, the steepest they could manage. There were ladders and spikes and no way up without being ALLOWED up. Traps, defenses, and an armory filled to the brim with spears all materialized in her mind... But, in the end, finding a spot secure enough to do that was unlikely. At least Chum was getting together a respectable amount of rope. She was up to three times her height or so already (Nine or ten feet was the guesstimate she had) and they probably needed about three times that much. With the other girl collecting more material, this wouldn't take too long. Well, if she couldn't come up with a way to stay safe over the months it was likely to take for rescue to arrive, maybe the others had bright ideas.

"So... Once the right-now threats are outta the way, y'all got ideas on shelter, food, water... That sorta thing? I know old man Zee o'er there grabbed himself some game, but... Wha' 'bout us?"

Vivian Cain - Swamp

Vivian warily turned to the newcomer as they appeared, but upon hearing a somewhat friendly voice, nodded and set to work wading her way back to the shore with Reta in her arms, putting her down and letting the man do whatever he needed to as she began following his instructions.

She wasn't a survivalist and she wasn't going to pretend to be, but this person seemed to know what needed to be done and what was a bartender to tell him otherwise.

Deciding to get a bit of chit-chat going while they worked considering they were presumably going to be together for the foreseeable future, she decided to ask about where everyone lived, introductions would be better off later. "So... Where's everyone from? I'm from Cailgoown, land of the turtle, aha." she said light-heartedly, her voice pleasant on the ears to the point of being uncanny.

"Nolan," Alec finally spoke up. "I don't really care if you drew the big lady. Your romantic interests aren't gonna offend me. I mean.... My girlfriend openly flirts with me around the clock, and I'm fairly certain the entire group knows we've slept together at this point, am I really gonna judge you if you have a big naked lady hiding in your journal?" He argued. "Still. No offense to your world: You're better off. Whatever happens after we've figured all this nonsense out, find a place to settle down in that doesn't have you constantly scared out of your mind. I don't have a normal life either, but I chose to be a soldier. Go travelin' 'cross the galaxy, seeing worlds I could only dream of. You were born into yours. And I think having a normal life that isn't as exciting as yours or mind is just as valid as ours."

Like that, he gave Nolan a little smile. He didn't know Nolan too well, and from what he did see of him, he felt like the guy was a big sacredy cat of a man in human skin. Always stuttering, always fearful, a layer of sweat on his forehead when he was in a corridor on the ship that wasn't bright enough for his liking. But, if he could at least take charge here, and put on a brave face when everything was going wrong, then maybe Nolan had something worth giving him a chance for.

But, before they could talk further, Abby and the others arrived. "Hi Honey~" Alec sarcastically called out from where he was, waving his hand up in the air as he laid uncomfortable on a pile of wet rocks from this shallow river.

"Goddamn boy. You took a bad tumble didn't you?"

"Oh, it's not too bad. Only broke a hip maybe." Alec also joked, though saying that, moving any part of his right side sent shots of pain up from his hip to his chest and shoulder.

"You missed it, I scorched that big lizard right in his big mouth!"

"You did? Yay!~" He shouted out, raising his other arm up to shake in celebration. "I found out Nolan has a picture of a big naked lady in his journal... It's not as impressive as yours, but I think just as valid." He still joked, though she could hear the strain on his voice as the pain was really bothering him. He also sounded quite dizzy, so the concussion was probably playing a part in his jokey attitude. That and the morpheme.

"But really we'd be dumb to just sit out here in the open. We gotta get going."

"Wait, wait, waitwaitwait--AHHH!" He then shouted, as she picked him up before he was ready. "Could've given me a moment!" Abby would feel most of his weight on her, as he could barely put any pressure on his right leg. He managed to keep himself standing as the group began walking, but once they reached the cave entrance, Alec about collapsed onto Abby's feet. "AHHHHHHhhhh-haaaaaaaaaaa~...." He moaned, keeping his right leg as straight as possible, while the rest of his body crumpled up.

---------------------------------------------------------------

SWAMP:

Whenever the group prepared their raft, one of the dinos feasting on the trees began coming their way. It wasn't one of the bigger ones though. It was a baby.

1619574090186.png

An Apatosaurus, around human height. It was fascinated in what the group was doing, moving between them all to see the raft they were making... Before it then tried eating the leaves and vines the group collected to make it. It made little moans with a squeaky voice as it tried eating, not paying attention to anyone else in the group as it thought this was one giant feast.

Masureta

The group had made it halfway into making the raft in a good amount of time. Adrenaline from the initial attack on the beach gently began to fade away as everyone began to question each other on their predicament. The small green creature, chum, spoke up and asked about how they were all going to gather food and shelter and all of those sorts of necessities. "I actually don't really need food or water, I can survive for a few months without a worry of that," Reta signed to chum, it was worth a try at least to communicate like that. In case chum didn't understand, Reta reached into the bag she still had with her and pulled out a tear-shaped bottle. In it swirled a crimson red substance, and the outside of the bottle looked to have been partially consumed by a strange white plant. Reta then pointed to it and then herself and gave a thumbs up, hoping both Batman and Chum got the message.

This was going to be difficult if none of them understood, as usually Louis or Yakumo would help her communicate if that was the case. Reta sighed quietly, already feeling disconnected from her friends. She was then taken out of her thoughts by the blindfolded woman speaking up. Reta would have gladly answered, curious by where this "cailgoown," but she instead sat there defeated by the girl's blindness. From behind Vivian approached a long-necked dinosaur. It was a decent size, around the height of a Large Great Dane dog. It was adorable at first, until it leaned down and started to eat from the pile of materials everyone had gathered. Reta quickly tried to stand up, wobbling and almost falling over in the process, and limped over to the creature to nudge its head away from the pile. She tried to direct it back into the woods by throwing a stick covered in leaves into the trees.

Batman
The Swamp

Batman was monofocused solely on his daunting task of cutting wood, at least until a long-necked apatosaurus sidled up to them and began to devour the fruits of their work.

Silently, he berated himself for letting his guard down; if this had been a velociraptor, they'd be in trouble.

Batman frowned (more than he usually did) and reached down to his utility belt; a metallic box clicked open with a flick of the finger. Batman adroitly reached in, producing a length of black multi-purpose wire.

He considered the apatosaurus momentarily and studied his surroundings, then sprinted for the nearest tree. Using the gathered velocity, he climbed up halfway before hooking both of his hands around it and climbing the rest of the way. He grasped at a thick, prodigious branch and let go of the tree, ripping off the whole length in one solid movement, before dropping to the earth with gravity.

While the dinosaur chewed lazily on its free bounty of food, he was free to wrap the wire around its neck; tightly, although not to the point of chafing, and then gently yanked on it to draw the creature's attention. As one of its eyes swiveled around in the socket, he raised up his gloved hand. There was a stack of thick, peppermint-colored leaves, overflowing with lush rainforest juices, gathered from the tree. The dinosaur became transfixed and followed him away from the construction zone.

As soon as a considerable distance had been reached, Batman tied the wire to a tree and dropped the stack of leaves on the ground, before returning to work. He'd free it as soon as the raft was complete.

"I'm from Gotham City," he answered, in reference to Vivian's earlier question. There was no reason not to share harmless information; although he observed the group to see if anyone reacted to his words. "In the United States of America, on planet Earth."

Chum Teeth wasn't the type to panic, but reflexes and a life spent somewhere everyone had knives and reasons to use them meant that the moment the dinosaur started chomping at her work a sword materialized in her hands, pointed at the dim witted beast. Thankfully the others drove it off peacefully before she did anything hasty, and she got to register the other girls' question, alongside the answers being given. So, walking over to a new patch of dry grass, she got to gathering some replacement rope and answering.

"Can't say I know those places, but I don't know where I'm from, either. First memories were aboard the Black Maw and breeding on board weren't allowed. Terrible, horrible ship. Hard living, cruel crew, folk died all the time. Only one good soul left there, and the second I track that bloody jammer down, I'm saving her."

she said, only just catching the end of some hand-talk from the pale lady holding... Was that a bottle of blood? It sure looked like it. Chum would ask later, because if she understood the gestures right, it was either some kind of medicine that just so happened to look like blood... Or she was going to drink it instead of eating normal foodstuffs. That was worrying, but on the off chance that she really was a fanged night creature, odds were that she'd either be satisfied by the local wildlife or... Well, be sort of gentle and polite about taking a sip from her fellows. Why else would she admit to it, right? Assuming of course that Chum was right about her little hypothesis. After all, Chum wasn't great at talking hands. For all she knew that bottle was a healing potion for the lady's mangled leg.

Nolan
Near Cave Entrance

"N-Not naked, she had on rock armor...Er...Clothing." He said as Alec joked, Nolan doing his best to help Abby out with carrying Alec. Keeping his rifle trained on the tree line in the event something attempted to jump out at them to try and make a meal out of them.

Arriving at the cave entrance with the others, he stayed with Abby and Alec while the others did their own thing, Nolan sat down on a rock, rifle sitting in his lap as he watched the pair talk and interact, the pair made Nolan feel warm and fuzzy in regards to how wholesome and working of their relationship. Thinking quickly, Nolan took out his journal and pencil, beginning to sketch away on a fresh page.

First he began with Alec's face, sketching the man's unique facial structure and how each hair curled this way and that, any facial scar and trait that made Alec's face unique, including the way he smiled. Sketching it to as best as Nolan's skill in sketching was, which to be frank, it was as if someone took a picture of Alec. Now Nolan did leave out any wounds that he got from the tumble, so the art wouldn't be as not great to look at. He signed the sketch in a rather fancy style as Nolan could manage. "Alec" Before tearing the page out as cleanly as he could, taking great care in not causing a rip to ruin his work.

Next was Abby's face, whom Nolan took as equal care in terms of what Alec's sketch got. Capturing the way her hair was styled, the certain glint in her eye, and charming yet mischievous smile she had around Alec on the ship. Facial details included to the maximum degree Nolan could capture. Similar to Alec's sketch, the detail and skill involved in the sketch of Abby was as if someone took a picture. And as before, Nolan took great care in tearing the page out, avoiding tearing the paper. Signing Abby's name on it, and like that. Nolan was done with his art.

Wrapping both sketches in see through plastic seal that he closed up so nothing could get in and ruin his hard work. He handed Alec's sketch to Abby and Abby's sketch to Alec, explaining. "I...Uh...Sketched the two of you just now, so you both have something to remember each other if we have to split up in the future." He hoped his explanation was good enough to not come off as creepy. Nolan's intentions was only to capture the pure wholesomeness of the scene.

@Amber Franklin @Wade Von Doom @LenxKaitoYaoi @Jenhal

Vivian Cain - Swamp

Vivian watched the novel sight of the strange creature 'attacking' their raft, wryly chuckling at strange carelessness of it before her bat companion leashed it and took away, and while she felt a sharp pang of her thirst, she said nothing.

It seemed her attempt at breaking the ice wasn't terrible as it wasn't long until she received a response from the others.

Gotham City, United States of America, Earth, all of which didn't ring a bell, and Black Maw, which could've been anywhere, then of course her wounded friend who remained mute and couldn't answer, though she did hear her drinking something.

"Ah.. Well, can't say I've heard of those places. Safe to assume we hail from different lands I suppose. I know pocket dimensions exist so it wouldn't be that unrealistic." Vivian said with a small grunt, her lips remaining tight as she spoke to conceal her fangs, finishing yet another knot on the raft. Her mother had been right, learning these schools had come in handy though blindfold didn't make it any easier.

The thought brought a dour expression to her face. Away from home, away from safety, how long would the charade of friendship last, she wondered.

"Think I'm just about done, but check my handiwork. I don't do this often.", and with that she took a step back.

Ziv lead the way down the slope as safely as he could to meet up with Alec and Nolan.They were worse off than he thought, but at least they were alive. Alec seemed to be the worst of it. He almost wished Alistia or Luer were here, they could help Alec then. But since they were not, Nolan and Abby seemed to have it handled. He simply stayed on alert for anything else that might attack them as they began making their way to who knows where now.

Once they got to the cave and Alec collapsed, he moved over to him and Abby. "He's in pretty bad shape, we probably shouldn't have him moving around much if we can help it." He suggested. The last thing they needed was for him to break something else or puncture anything important. The cave felt empty enough, so he closed his eyes, crossed his arms and leaned against the wall near the entrance. This gave him enough range to be able to sense any smaller and less obvious attackers. For now it was all he could do at the moment.

Masureta (GM post)
Location: Constructing a raft by a swamp, and soon inside the fern forest

Well it didn't seem like Reta's attempts at communicating worked all too well. Those who had seen what she was trying to say didn't really make any motion as to whether they understood or not, so it was better for Reta to just try her best at communicating in other ways. The group eventually went about finishing the raft, making it a semi-sturdy structure that could hold them all on it. The object was surprisingly buoyant in the gooey mush that was the swamp water. Reta had been hoisted onto the craft, along with Vivi, due to them being the ones with the most disabilities when it came to encounters with the creatures of this world. That left most of the maneuvering in the vehicle to batman and chum, who could easily push the group along with a long stick.

The dinosaur had been successfully led away into the trees for a time by batman, but soon the group would notice the small creature trailing behind them in the muck as the raft floated further into the swamp. The dino kept up a decent pace, but stayed at its current distance.

The actual swamp itself was a wide area with little tree cover. The sun was hot as it settled into the later half of the day. Batman would probably be considerably hot, due to wearing all black in his suit. It took about 3 hours to cross the swamp in the heat, both due to how thick the water was with its muddy mixture, and from how tiring the act of moving the raft with people on it was. The group would begin to notice that where they came from was very different from where they were going. The place where they had come from sported tropical trees with large and long leaves that hung over the swamp's edge, and barely had any bushes to speak of. All that there had been was long grass they had sifted through to get to the swamp.

The place they were approaching was much different, resembling a forest in the fall. Tall winter-esque ferns reached into the sky, holding an abundance of orange leaves. Tall willow trees were among the ferns, give the area an air of fantasy and wonder. The shorter grass on the edge of the water also had an orange tint to it, and mixed with the moss to create a very painterly image before the crew.

1621793740203.png

The thoughts of wonder soon were gone though, as in the distance they could hear dull roars from creatures hiding in the trees. They didn't seem all that close to be an immediate threat, but the group would need to be careful where they tread. Day was soon becoming dusk, and the group would need to find some way to set up camp for the night.