CLOSED SIGNUPS The Evrensel Conflict: Act 1 -- Paralogue 1: The Lost World

Questionable

Just another Enigma.
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences

1623701052582.png


Zaheer
Fern Forest

So everyone was going to investigate the weird noises instead of setting up camp was the Air Bender thought to himself as he saw all of his teammates head like moths towards the proverbial flame. He understood it, it was probably a threat, at the same time the pterodactyl carcass was going to mangy if they spent a couple hours on it. Well he guessed he could make soap out of it later too, maybe whoever they're fighting has cleaning paraphernalia.

So, leaving the pterodactyl corpse behind the air bender would follow after the others through the tree tops until he came onto the clearing, seeing the weirdly armoured men and their weird weapons. He figured they were probably some sort of fast moving projectile, good enough to incapacitate a pretty large creature.

This demanded a certain amount of diplomacy, like the blind girl seemingly wanted to employ- Oh the batwolf fetishist and the weird tiny green spirit stole their weapons. There went that he guessed.

At least he wasn't noticed yet, so from his tree branch he would start the elaborate dance of forming air bubbles around the soldier's head, to reduce their vision.
 

The Wanderer

Mysterious Stranger
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Any.
Nolan Madison
Near cave entrance
[gm post, sorta]


Nolan continued his vigilant watch, checking his rifle and the treeline for anything out of the ordinary. It was a quiet night, the only other noise being insects and the far-off distant noises of animals. But there was something else, a quiet noise. At first notice, Nolan thought it was just a bug or his own head messing with him. Yet it continued, it was getting louder, or at least it seemed to get louder to Nolan.

It all got to the point that Nolan would swear, he heard a singular word.

"Help...." It was someone calling out, who was most likely hurt. The implications while peculiar to Nolan, he couldn't just sit around and allow someone to be injured and alone out there in this crazy place. It could even mean that was people on this planet, who could help their little group out. Maybe even get Alec to a doctor, get aid for any potential hidden injury that was unknown to them.

Which led to Nolan's next action, which was getting up and slinging his rifle over his shoulder. It was going to be a quick in and out situation, he'd go and help this person out, and get them back to the cave before the others could wake up. Jogging out into the night, Nolan kept his flashlight and his pistol at the ready. Piercing the darkness, Nolan followed the noise as best as he could. It was getting louder and louder as he got closer, , in his haste. He did not realize how great of a distance he went, or the fact the noise had been moving away. Over small waterways, under fallen trees.

When the noise finally stopped, Nolan approached tentatively, pistol raised with flashlight illuminated his path. Blood coated the ground, Nolan was now beginning to realize the situation, as when he turned the corner. He was beholden to a gruesome sight, Four dog like creatures, crouched over a man in strange white armor, his free hand reaching out to Nolan. Entrails covering the snouts of the creatures, All four turning their gore covered heads towards Nolan, their heads suddenly extending hoodlike frills and hissed at him.

If there was one thing years of being a scavenger and survivor had taught him. It was how to dodge and get the hell out of a bad situation.

Ducking back, narrowly avoiding being hit by four different splatters of a strange goo. Nolan ran in a random direction as one of the creatures gave chase, the other three deciding to continue feasting on the poor soul. Running through thick bush and nearly falling down a hill, Nolan could hear the beast gaining on him. It was sheer luck that Nolan slipped on on a branch, for it caused him to fall forward. The beast that would've tackled him flying past him and heading its head on a tree. Briefly stunning it and allowing Nolan to get his rifle off his shoulder, raising it and fire a round into its head. The rifle round going through its skull and painting the tree it had bashed in gray matter.

Breathing heavily as Nolan's adrenaline ran through his body, thinking quick and not wanting to be left without a paperweight. Nolan pulled and twisted the bolt action, opening the chamber and ejecting the casing. Reaching into his pocket, he inserted a new round and pushed forward the bolt action. Now rearmed, Nolan got up and looked around with his flashlight and soon realized what he had gotten himself into. He was lost and now lord knows where.

"Oh no...." Came out as a whisper. It was so dark he couldn't see beyond the flashlight, and there was little to no landmarks that he could use. Climbing onto the tree, Nolan began to get higher from the ground. As he didn't want to remain on the ground in the dark with all sorts of creatures lurking in said darkness. Now a decent couple feet off the ground, most likely two Dusks stacked on top of each other in terms of height.

He had to wait til daylight before he could even attempt to get back to the cave.

Oh what had he gotten himself into...

@Vulthurmir @Wade Von Doom
 

LenxKaitoYaoi

Yaoi Queen, Angst Connoisseur
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Online Availability
Probably not often. I’m more likely to be found on FanFiction and Discord.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Yaoi, modern/fantasy, fantasy, horror, romance and so on.
Ziv nodded to Nolan. He’d probably be the better watchman, since he could sense things before they came close enough to see. But he wasn’t going to argue since he couldn’t stay awake all night even if he wanted to. “Wake me for the next shift then, I’ll take over watch for you.” He stated, moving to find a spot and make himself comfortable. They’ll have to try and get help for Alec in the daylight, but even that wasn’t entirely safe. This place was going to be a challenge.

——————

Voláre hid behind his hood for a moment when the questions came. Oh no, he can’t answer that well. He missed what Sam had done with the heart. He was relieved that the she answered first though, since he wasn’t about to. He ignored the question of who he was in favor of one he could answer. He nodded in agreement when Sam asked if it was the same with him. That was how he got here, but he wasn’t sure what it meant or… where here was. He was also in agreement they needed to move, find somewhere safer to talk. With any luck these two won’t be so bad to be around until he can get back home. He could hope anyway.
 

Vulthurmir

Dark Overlord Allegiance
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
Often
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Deep Woods

Following their scent had been easy.

It was something she could never forget, lodged deep into her subconscious. Flashes of memory emerged where she once thought them forgotten, but now it was all she could do not to run and hide somewhere.

They were cruel things, poking and prodding - Hurting her with cold and dark eyes, then leaving her alone for days with her only company being that of a metal claw that emerged from the sky.

Her only respite was her kin, but that was taken from her as well.

To think, for being such a mighty predator, she could still be terrified.

Perhaps it was fortunate that she had found them sheltering in a cave - The night was a dangerous thing, after all. Many creatures made it's hunting grounds under the darkness, yet none as large as her. So it wasn't surprising when she heard the death cry of some poor soul, no, that came soon after.

A shadow emerged from the mouth of the tunnel, walking past her without any regard for it's safety. The sudden move had startled her, enough so that she took a minute to eventually snap out of it, giving a warbling call to her Beta and the rest of the pack to follow.

Eventually, after following it for a while, they stumbled upon a pack of rippers. That itself wasn't unexpected, but that they feasted on the body of one of her nightmares certainly was.

The sight stunned her for a moment, giving the group to scamper off the moment they spotted her, leaving their kill still unconsumed.

Yet food was the farthest thing from her mind.
 

Wade Von Doom

Cult of Personality
Original poster
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, modern, horror, a bit of dark romance stories.
Vivian Cain - forest

Vivian was glad to hear a friendly voice, and was eased slightly more as she noticed another heartbeat sidle into place somewhere behind her, presumably one of the group had followed her, which she hadn't exactly planned for. She'd intended to grab something to eat while she was away but that plan seemed to have gone out of the window.

"Ah, hope it wasn't those flying things, absolute nightmare." she chuckled light-heartedly before continuing "I'm doing alright, washed up on the beach not far from here and was preparing to head across a swamp when I heard gunshots. As for the blindfold.. Well, uh.. Let's just call it a special condition."

Thinking on the size of the group as it was, she wasn't entirely sure if she wanted to invite these two to tag along considering how well-armed they apparently were, it would definitely make them need another raft at least. "Well, I'm going to keep on searching for some way back, as I'm sure you people are going to as well. Best of luck! I'll.. probably be heading somewhere across the swamp if you find it."
"Whoa whoa whoa," the soldier quickly repeated, trying to get Vivian to stop before she entered back into the woods. "It's dangerous out there, lady, I mean... Especially with a blindfold." Which was an accurate point, even without knowing her 'special' condition. "Why don't you just come with us back to the camp? It's got food. Water. Supplies. And enough company to feel protected." He went to grab her hand lightly, almost sensually, as his voice lowered and become a bit more flirtatious. "You don't wanna end up dino-food? Do you? Just... com back with us, and you'll be aaaalllll safe~"

Click

Chum was thinking about the problem at hand. If all the local beasties were as hungry as the flameless drakelings at the beach or as large as the... Er. Giraffe? Chum had never seen a Giraffe, but they were described as having 'necks as long as towers were tall' and... Well, it was definitely an exaggeration, but the closest thing the goblin could place to the beast. Well, she'd already put a little thought to it. But with no caves or mountains within walking distance, their best bet was up a tree, preferably one with branches already sharp or bramble-laden, or if not then at least a sturdy one they could fortify with sharpened sticks. Something stopped Chum's train of thought like a wall of stone.

BANG

The Giff? Here?

BABABABANG

A GIFF BATTALION? Shitshitshit there wasn't a way to win this, Chum went to ground in a bush, hastily smearing her armor and garments with mud, hoping to mask color and scent... Until the blindfolded one ran towards the sound. The Goblin had cursed her conscience at least once today, and now a great deal more curses swirled in her head as she ran to follow. She was shocked to see only two figures standing over a dead beast, humanoid and armor-clad, wielding... Well, they were shaped a fair bit like a Giff's flintlock rifle, but they were very different. She only barely caught one roughly shoving that weird curved part into the bottom and pulling back on some small handle. It was ready to fire again? Flintlocks took ages to load from shot to shot. In her eyes, a Bow's swiftness would've bested it easily. With these new rifle-like weapons, Chum had no idea. If there were still an army she'd yet to notice, this was absolutely unwinnable. But if all that gunfire came from only two of these strange, sleek weapons...

Chum's thoughts caught up to reality as one went for a pistol. Again, sleeker than the Giff's by far, but unmistakably a 'side-arm'. His ally cautioned him away from it and they rounded on the blindfolded one. But the holster, regardless, was snapped open. The men's posture, their voices. The same veiled cruelty Black Fang so often used to give naval officers one last shred of hope... Before ending them with the cruelest fate he could imagine at the moment. Chum's time was sharply limited, so she skulked across the forest floor, each footstep placed with care and quiet. Then, behind the more careless of the two, she approached. Slowly. Carefully. Quiet until she was so close, she could smell some funky cologne. Aftershave? Whatever it was, she was close enough. Her small fingers wrapped around the relatively large handle, she pulled away a foot or two, and there was a loud 'click' as she pulled back the 'hammer', just as she'd seen the Giff do. Funny, Vivian was talking peaceably to them... Was she Naive as she was Blind?... Well, maybe she wasn't.

"Couldn't see me any more than she saw you for what you were... Dunno if you prefer 'Pirate', 'Raider', 'Mercenary' or what, but I see your stance, hear the venom. Your rifles and pistols drop to the grass, or your blood does."

Said the goblin, holding the pistol somewhat awkwardly, with little in the way of trigger discipline or experience... But that only made her more dangerous, in this particular situation.
Both soldiers raise their arms up slowly, and turned to face their attacker... Or, really, looked over her head at first, then looked down to see her. ".... Pfft." The one she took the gun from muttered. "Really?"

"What? Is someone talking to you? I can't see them." He could clearly see Chum, he was just being a prick.

"I think a troll just threatened to kill me." They were not impressed. At least until Batman came up from behind and grabbed the other guy's gun.

"Okay. Okay..." He raised his hands higher and visibly became tense, while his friend finally took the situation seriously and turned back to face Batman. The trio could see some of the soldiers in the camp start to spread out a bit more, having finished setting up most of the tents and began starting fires and passing out supplies. "You want food? Fresh water? Whatever you need, we can get for you. We don't even mind liabilities, do you?"

"No, I-I like most of them. Like the troll, trolls are fun." The other guy said, both sounding tense as they subtly searched the tree line for any sign of more liabilities.
 

Amber Franklin

Formerly Not_Amy
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Futanari
Genres
Horror and Fantasy are my bread and butter. Mecha/Military is a favorite snack of mine.
Abigail Delano/Courier Six- Character Sheet


“Thanks Nolan.” Abby says to Nolan and thinks to move Alec off her lap since he seems very much passed out now. But at the same time, even if this was not the most comfortable way they’d been close (the most uncomfortable actually), Abby finds she still enjoys looking down at his sleeping face. Her legs may not like it when she wakes up, but Abby leaves him resting on her lap anyway. The pack is used as a pillow since it’s at least canvas and supplies rather than solid stone. The Courier rests her head back, closes her eyes, and now that the rush of the crash has left her, she drifts off to sleep for however long she can.

Abby's Dreamscape

A fire in the dark of a desert night. Molerat chunks cooking on rocks in the fire.The water is warm but at least it's pure. Rex chews on a hunk of raw mole rat at her side, his tail thumping on the ground. Abby is back in her SLCPD vest and white shirt, blue jeans, and boots. On the other side of the fire sits Boone, and the smile on the man’s usually somber and stoic face is smiling thanks to Alec sitting next to him. Can’t make out the words being passed, but at least Boone is enjoying himself. Even his First Recon beret is off and dangling by the barrel end of his sniper rifle. Abby smiles at them from the other side of the fire.

“This is a good life.” says Joshua Graham from beside her.

“Yeah, sure is.” Abby agrees. She takes the meat from the fire to offer him first. He politely passes on the offer.

“It won’t last.” Graham warns grimly. He draws his pistol and waits.

“Why?” Abby asks.

“Don’t you feel them? The demons are coming.” Graham stands. Boone and Alec’s great time ends abruptly. Around them, there’s first the sound of earth being dug up rapidly; then hissing and skittering of many claws across desert sand.

“Flares!” Abby jumps to her pack and scrambles for flares, or flashbangs.

The screaming starts before she can light one flare. Dirt is flung onto the fire and puts it out. By its dying light, she sees Alec and Boone being dragged away into the dark of the night. Abby shoots at the glowing eyes behind them, but it doesn’t slow them down.

“BOON! ALEC!” She shouts and runs after them. Then there’s more screaming and gunshots. It’s Graham, fighting on the ground with a Tunneler above him.

“JOSHUA!” Abby stands, torn between who to save as the fire dies; as Graham loses his fight; as the stars die and the only lights are the glow of the innumerable eyes that surround her. She shoots until the magazine is spent; swings the rifle until it’s torn from her hands; punches and kicks until she can’t move and hears the ripping of cloth, then muscle-
----------​

While Abby has been dreaming then fighting her nightmare; her face has been contorting in grimaces of anger then pain before she starts thrashing where she sleeps. “Get off me!” She yells and unfortunately for Alec, this thrashing throws him off her lap abruptly. She lies on the ground as if pinned, punches and kicks at the air for a moment then startles awake hyperventilating.

“My...my…” She feels her arms, then her legs. All intact.

“Alec? Alec?!” Abby calls out, still breathing hard and fast, blinking as she struggles to see the real world apart from the dreamscape.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LenxKaitoYaoi

Jenhal

Edgebabby
Kassandra of Sparta

Rest was not something Kassandra needed at this moment. The crash and flight from the beast had been harrowing, yes, but it had not drained the seasoned warrior woman of her strength or vigor.

But it was a fool thing to not take a chance at rest when not in battle. Kassandra takes off her helmet, sets her Nemean Claws against the cave wall, and sits down beside it with her bow across her lap, an arrow at the ready. Nolan volunteers for the first watch.

“And I will take the next.” Kassandra declares after Ziv. It's this reason why she has chosen to sit near the cave entrance. The Spartan closes her eyes, slows her breath, hangs her head down. It looks like she’s asleep; she is only resting with her body slack but ready. She hears Abby tend to Alec, then shift into their own sleeping position. Same for Ziv. She turns her senses outward, to the jungle Nolan surveys. It is quiet, deathly quiet, for a time. Nothing as big as the first creature could hope to sneak up on them, but smaller animals can be even more deadly in an ambush.

There’s nothing but the faint sound of sleep from the others and Nolan’s subtle movements. Kassandra is almost lulled to sleep herself.

Then she hears the very faint “Help..” and her eyes snap open in the same moment she turns her head up and around.

“Nolan?” Kassandra jumps to her feet and takes two steps to follow him before she hears something else. A low warble. Like a frog. Or something else. Nolan could be in grave danger.

Kassandra turns back into the cave to wake the others. That’s when Abby throws her fit of terror. Making noises like a distressed ape.

Exactly the wrong kind of sound to be making in a jungle.

The woman jumps on top of Abby, pinning the smaller woman with her thighs clamping Abby’s hips and silencing her with both hands over the mouth.

“Quiet. Quiet. There is something out there.” She says quietly as she holds Abby down and braces against any struggle she gives until she calms down.
 

Noble Scion

Lover of Lewd and space
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi
Vivian Cain - Forest

Hearing the soldier's tone drop to something sultry elicited an emotion that was very much unfamiliar to her, but before she could respond, her companions made an appearance, namely the goblin and the cosplaying man. She wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but apparently her two new soldier companions were being taken hostage.

She wasn't entirely sure what to do, so she shuffled back towards a nearby tree, running a hand down her arm nervously. "No need to get violent.. But what do you mean by liabilities?" Vivi asked sternly, putting a voice to her defensive thoughts.

She couldn't help but feel partially responsible for the whole situation, and suddenly wished that she hadn't gone to investigate. Despite being a bartender, she'd never been that much of a people person anyway. Frankly, she wasn't even sure who's side she was on yet and just wanted to wait to see how it turned out.
 

Wade Von Doom

Cult of Personality
Original poster
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, modern, horror, a bit of dark romance stories.
Alec's Dreamscape

As the song started, the room was a sepia color. Old European architecture, with chandeliers sparking from the lit candles, and the floor completely cleared for dancing. It was a party.

Fajans_Ballroom_of_the_Jab%C5%82onowski_Palace.jpg


Men were dancing with women, all dressed in old WW2 attires. Alec himself was dressed in a British commander's uniform, while he could see his comrades through the crowd also in lower rank uniforms. The women were in 40s dresses, and as the saxophone continued to play, the lights seemed to bounce and fade in and out in time with the song. As he made his way through, Alec bobbed his head to the beat. He wasn't much of a jazz guy, but this seemed so... fun.

He was getting into the grove, when he felt a tap on the shoulder. He turned to see Abby, dressed in a beautiful dress, like Cinderella on her night out with the prince. She smiled at him, and he smiled back. In a moment, they were dancing together, twirling around the other couples with big smiles on their faces. Everyone was enjoying themselves like it was the last night of fun for a while. Like tomorrow, they ship out for war. When the sax stopped, and the guitar began to play, Alec could notice the men begin to drink heavier, start arguing more in drunken fits of rage. Champagne bottles popped like the sound of gunfire, and flashbulbs went off, blinding them both momentarily. The couples continued to dance around the chaos, with smiles like they were on billboards. Fake happiness to calm you from the madness. The song got more frenzied, and Alec began to feel worried that something was wrong. Did he hear marching?

Did he hear tanks? Something was happening outside, and he saw a man laughing on the ground as his friend helped him wipe off thick red wine from his shirt with a napkin. They were laughing like it was the funniest joke in the world. "Abby..." Alec finally spoke up. "I think something's wrong." He looked around them to see the insanity happening, but upon turning to face her once more, he was by himself. Alone in the middle of the ballroom. The crowd was gone, the song had stopped, and the candles slowly dimming as they began to burn out. Abby was several feet from him, looking scared; shaking even.

As he reached out to go to her,

"FIRE!"

The windows were shattered by a mass of gunfire. His body was riddled, before the room exploded from a fired tank shell.

---------------------------------------

"AHH!" He shouted, jolting upwards as Abby thrashes around from her own nightmare. He groaned afterword's, holding his hurt hip with a free hand, before turning around to face her. "Abby?" He asked in a groggy tone, hearing her call his name, but only to see Kassandra jump on top of her and press her hand against her mouth to make her stop. He crawls over quickly, "Hey, hey!" He quietly tells her, grabbing her hand with both of his. "It's okay, I'm here, I'm here." He brings it up to his cheek for her to feel.​
 

The Wanderer

Mysterious Stranger
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Any.
Ryder Rowe
Hiding in the bushes with some folk


As Ryder turned to look back at the Corpo-Rats, just to make sure nothing was coming their way. He noticed that the assholes were being held-up. By what was being slightly covered by the bushes. He slowly lowered Kevin down so the injured man could be watched over by this group. "Careful, he's awfully bitchy about the arm, and he's just a straight up prick." He said as Kevin groaned quietly, cursing after Ryder in Slum-talk.

He cautiously walked over to the bushes where he had stood moments ago to look at the situation, see if the Corpo-Rats were playing around, or if a new party had swooped in. A fact that was confirmed when he saw a little green person, and a guy dressed up as a bat, there was another but from his position in the bushes, he could only make out the legs.

'Fine legs' He thought to himself. He motioned to the others to come closer as he thought about how he was going to enter the scene without causing one of two things.

One: Causing a distraction for the assholes to go for a gun or yell out for backup.
Two: Get shot for walking in on a tense situation.

Hence why he was motioning for the others in hopes anyone of them had a plan that didn't involve stirring the shit anymore than what was already stirred.

@Wade Von Doom @Valkan @Noble Scion @Birdsie @LenxKaitoYaoi @WhoeverElseIForgot
 

Amber Franklin

Formerly Not_Amy
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Futanari
Genres
Horror and Fantasy are my bread and butter. Mecha/Military is a favorite snack of mine.
Abigail Delano/Courier Six- Character Sheet


Abby struggles against the weight and hands that are suddenly restraining her. In her frenzy she thinks this was a Tunneler that was going to rip her apart any moment. Any moment her world was going to be pain, sorrow as the life she could have had with Alec ends.

But then she doesn’t hear an animal growling in hunger; she hears a familiar female voice warning her of danger. Then a hand grabbing hers to feel a bearded cheek, and the soothing voice that brings her out from her terror fit.

“Alec!” She says, muffled into Kassandra’s mouth. She caresses Alec’s beard and stop struggling.

It was just a nightmare. The nightmares she always has when she sleeps.

“I’m okay.” She says quietly and repeatedly into the Spartan’s hand until she is released. The first thing she does is to use her other hand to pull Alec into a quick but deep kiss, for that rush of good feelings that flood her when she does it.

“Helmet.” Abby gently pushes Alec away to feel for her helmet. She finds it and puts it on. The visor automatically enters night vision mode. Abby looks out into the night while getting her Death Pod ready for anything that might try to rush them.
 

LenxKaitoYaoi

Yaoi Queen, Angst Connoisseur
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Online Availability
Probably not often. I’m more likely to be found on FanFiction and Discord.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Yaoi, modern/fantasy, fantasy, horror, romance and so on.
Ziv gave a soft groan to himself at the ruckus going on. They were all trying to sleep here. Between both Abby and Alec they were being quite noisy. Thankfully it sounded like Kassandra was quick to quiet them, but her words pulled him from trying to sleep again. He got up, moving to the cave entrance now to get just a little further reach. Where was Nolan? He closed his eyes for a moment to focus on what might be out there. It was right now he wished he had a larger radius though.

Nothing…

When Abby put her helmet on and got armed, he took a deep breath and shook his head. “I don’t feel anything close by. Dammit Nolan.” He grumbled worriedly, pulling his hair loose from the messy ponytail it was in and retying it neatly back up. Nothing could have gotten him without them noticing, not right from the cave entrance. He had to have walked out. “I’m going to look for him. If you can see in the dark, come with me. Alec stays here, and someone stays here with him.” He stated. Alec wouldn’t like it, but the fact was he was injured. He needed to avoid moving, much less fighting and Ziv was not about to leave him alone like that. Similarly though, he was not about to go out there alone himself, either.
 

LenxKaitoYaoi

Yaoi Queen, Angst Connoisseur
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Online Availability
Probably not often. I’m more likely to be found on FanFiction and Discord.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Yaoi, modern/fantasy, fantasy, horror, romance and so on.
It was like pulling a trigger, or flipping a switch. The moment it was said and he could see it, Voláre sprang into action and disregarded everything else. This man was wounded, and rather badly. He had to help. Abandoning caution for the new arrival and the other two already with him, he dropped to his knees at Kevin’s side and went about getting a look at his wounded arm. Or rather, what was left of it. With an idea of the arm’s injury, he set about pulling the staff from his hip as his tome laid on his lap.

With his staff over Kevin and his other hand to brace it, he gave the man a small smile and whispered a quiet few words as the golden bracelet on his left wrist and the staff’s ornament both gave off a soft glow that engulfed Kevin. As it did so the other could likely feel the pain from his injuries start to fade as they mended. He couldn’t reattach an arm without the arm, unfortunately, but he could still make sure he was alive and not in pain.

When he finished he gave a small sigh of relief and put his staff back, then went to make sure he healed Kevin as much as he could. He gave a small nod and offered another smile to him. That was the best he could do but at least he should be relatively pain free. That should help, right?
 

Wiggin

♫ Mr. sandman ♪
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. Nonbinary
Genres
fantasy, scifi, or apocalyptic-ish
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Masureta (GM post)
Location: Next to the soldier’s camp
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

Reta attempted to put her head down further into the bushes where she hid when one of the soldiers started to scan the area as they were held up. She couldn’t exactly come out of the bushes at this point because she might make things more tense for the group, plus, she had a gun of her own which would make these guys even more jumpy. Reta slowly moved to the other side of the clearing through the bushes to see if there were more soldiers approaching. The soldiers that were present were too busy finishing preparations to be on high alert. There were only a few soldiers on guard, and even then they were too preoccupied eating their MRE dinners to fully pay attention to the treeline. The group would easily be able to see the smoke from their fires reaching over the trees.

Reta was so focused on watching for any other guards in the vicinity that she didn’t actually notice the other group of “liabilities” in the bushes. She had actually snuck into the same bush as Ryder and sat there for a minute or two before noticing him. Reta actually fell on her back from shock as her heart nearly burst back to life. She quickly put a finger to her mouth in a quieting motion, hoping the man would get the message. The man had strange lines on his face, as if his face had separate “plates” in it. Half a second passed and she noticed he was not alone. Behind him was a very shy looking man with a staff, a raccoon(?) person, and someone completely garbed in black and a plague mask. There was finally an injured man, but so far he looked to be stable and he was a stranger, so Reta did not want to use up a regeneration on him.

Meanwhile, in the clearing the two men stood. Vivi eventually asked the first question to the two, questioning what exactly a “liability” was. The two men looked at eachother, unsure whether or not they should answer the question.

“Well uh… you know, like your troll buddy here,” The one being stuck up by chum said. The man was holding back the urge to scratch his head so he wouldn’t get shot, so he rubbed his head awkwardly into his shoulder.

“The three of you are liabilities really, I mean… you're costing the company money.” He said vaguely, like they would understand. “Now, can you put the gun down? It’s ehm… making me really nervous and I’d really like to stay alive today.”
 

The Wanderer

Mysterious Stranger
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Any.
GM Post

As the group in the cave began to move around, they could hear noises in the distance, almost like a group traveling through the brush. When the group exited the cave, they'd be greeted by a flare being tossed their way, not as a planned thing as the individual whom threw the flare audibly reacted with a loud "Oh shit" that resounded off the surrounding area.

The flare burned with a bright white light, cutting into the darkness and illuminating their little area. The group would see a small team, numbered at four, a team of heavily armed soldiers, covered in blood and in one poor soldier's case, he was missing his arm. The armor he wore made it look like his arm was still intact, but upon closer examination, the arm that'd normally be under the armor was gone, just leaving a flopping piece of metal with nothing connected.

The soldiers raised their rifles and would've opened fire on the cave group, if they weren't beset by a new enemy. Five of them in fact. The one in the back by the treeline and in the dark mostly, had his head engulfed in the mouth of an Allosaurus, which easily took the soldier's head off, along with his upper neck region, killing the soldier instantly.

The other four Allosauri would charge out of the treeline and rip apart the group of soldiers, one finishing off the one armed soldier, one dragging one off into the darkness of the jungle, and two sharing a single soldier by tearing him in half and feasting on the unarmored entrails.

The four that remained in the clearing, would turn their bloodied heads towards the group, and since the pack required any food they could get since aside from the T Rex, there was another top dog to their ecosystem that dominated it. And as such, they had to attack the new creatures to their planet. Which now included the group inside the cave.

One each began to flank on both left and right sides, while the other two kept advancing from the front, essentially getting ready to charge the group into the death trap that was their cave if they didn't break this formation quick enough.

@Amber Franklin @Jenhal @LenxKaitoYaoi @Wade Von Doom
 

The Wanderer

Mysterious Stranger
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Any.
Nolan Madison
[Small GM Post for Vult] Lost in the Jungle


As Nolan sat in the tree, frantically moving his flashlight around in the dark, looking for anything that might be a creature coming to take his life. The young survivor soon noticed a noise in the distance, a noise he realized was far too familiar to someone like him. It was the sounds of branches being broken and the sounds of the underbrush being disturbed, distant. But closing in rather quickly. At his estimate, he had about three minutes, maybe less.

He couldn't stay in the tree forever, he was already a sitting duck, if whatever was coming was breaking the branches, that could mean it was big. And that could mean he wasn't safe where he was. So climbing down, almost falling rather in his haste. Nolan listened to where the sounds were coming from, and deciding to run opposite of said noises. Running through bushes, snapping branches as he ran, his clothes being cut on the thorns, which soon led to his pale skin being cut a bit here and there.

Whatever was chasing him, was maintaining pace with him, bordering on overtaking his speed. The foliage serving to giving Nolan that advantage. But the distance between trees was getting more and more 'open' as it were, soon Nolan couldn't tell how far behind the creatures chasing him was. The flashlight's beam revealed grass, almost a field it looked like. A quick look around showed nothing, a faint outline retreating into the jungle on the other side of the clearing, no doubt wakened by the noise he was causing, or scent of himself and what was chasing him. Nolan didn't care, so long as he didn't have anything in front of him.

The high grass and frantic pace he was moving at, unfortunately played into an unlikeable variable for him as he failed to notice that there was a downward slope to the hill. A fact he soon came to notice when his foot gave way, and Nolan began tumbling down the hill. Losing not only his bearings, but his rifle and flashlight.

One tumbling away into the darkness and the other creating a spinning beam of light that added to the disorientation. He came to a stop finally and was dazed for what felt like minutes, but in reality seconds. When he finally regained his senses, Nolan first looked for his flashlight, the first priority being to get sight back in the darkness.

Scrambling towards the light, Nolan picked it up. Looking around, what he thought was regular grass was actually tall grass. Taller than him, noises coming toward him. Realizing he didn't have his rifle, and would instead have to rely on his revolver of which will no doubt just piss off whatever coming for him.

However, what came out of the tall grass surprised him, as light blinded him as several flashlights turned on and right into his eyes. Suddenly tackled by arms covered in armor, Nolan got punched and kicked and dragged. His wrists were bound. Voices spoke muffled by either his dazed head or in helmets, wasn't long before he was knocked back into reality as his head was dunked into water. Maybe a river or something, but the shock forced him awake and he realized he couldn't breath.

He was drowning, his goggles obscured by darkness and blood in the water. His head hurt as oxygen quickly ran out and his vision blurred, his head was brought back into air so a question could be asked. "Where's Franklin and the other team, answer correctly or my boys here will dunk you back in the water. You got that, liability?" Nolan counted them, one higher ranked one from the markings and four others, two that held him down. The other two had rifles at low ready.

Nolan's head was still processing information which no doubt pissed off the guy asking questions as Nolan got his head back in the water. This time for a bit longer, and for good measure, he got kicked which caused him to inhale, which considering the fact he was being drowned, he got a good helping of water instead of air.

Things weren't looking too great for him...

@Vulthurmir
 
Last edited:

Vulthurmir

Dark Overlord Allegiance
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
Often
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
A moment of calm had fallen over the forest, even as the sound of a struggle could be heard, it seemed like the jungle ambiance had lost its luster as the sound of a low growl emerged from the darkness. Yet even when the soldiers shined their lights, they saw nothing but the thick vegetation, shifting back and forth in the wind. It wasn't until they heard the Call that they knew what they were dealing with.

Raptors.

As if a beehive had been kicked, they emerged from the trees, faster than one could react. Many pounced on the ill-prepared men, ripping through their armor like a hot knife through butter, yet that wasn't the end of it.

The Night birthed an albino shadow - Claws and teeth running straight at the group in a sprint that seemed to shake the world. A mouth of fangs opened to swallow one of the soldiers up whole, shaking it's head as it tore through his body leaving only a bloody imprint on the ground.

The Indominus Rex let out a roar, launching into another attack as she tossed three soldiers with her tail, crushing a fourth by stepping on him. In a span of a few seconds, near the entire fireteam was wiped out, the rest dying at the hands of her pack.

All that was left was a sputtering human, surrounded by giant carnivores.
 

Amber Franklin

Formerly Not_Amy
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Futanari
Genres
Horror and Fantasy are my bread and butter. Mecha/Military is a favorite snack of mine.
Abigail Delano/Courier Six- Character Sheet


“Right behind ya.” Abby replies to Ziv.

“Stay here babe.” She says to Alec and would have kissed him on the cheek, but the helmet was in the way and she did not want to lose the night vision right now. Abby sets the Death Pod to automatic fire and walks aside Ziv. The audio sensors of the helmet let her hear the sounds of people moving around outside.

“Got trouble.” Abby whispers and is glad as she squints her eyes, the helmet zooms in and starts trying to pinpoint a target with a cross hair. The flare is thrown out before it can lock on.

“Fuck!” Abby yells as the flare fills her visor with blinding green light before it shuts off and resets. On reflex she puts her head down. Bringing her head back up, Abby utters “Fuck.” again and almost pulls the trigger on the group of soldiers same as they almost open fire on them. The helmet identifies larger targets before either fire.

“Ohh shit.”

The soldiers are torn apart right before their eyes. Abby doesn’t flinch or falter as they are surrounded. She sets the Death Pod from Automatic to Flamethrower.

“Get down!” She yells at Ziv as she waves the Death Pod in a wide arc above their heads and around while holding the trigger down. A long stream of fire erupts from the emitter below the barrel; it would either scorch the damn beasts or frighten them to at least step far back. Abby doesn’t waste a second when the arc of flame dies out; she sets it back to Automatic fire and does another sweeping arc in the opposite direction, only slower as the pod chatters out bullets at a speed too high for the big things to avoid. The helmet helps her seemingly wild sweep be more precise: it makes sure each gets a good hail of bullets before she moves on to the next.
 

The Wanderer

Mysterious Stranger
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Any.
Nolan Madison
Covered in Blood and Guts, in a field surrounded by a dinos.

Nolan's vision was fading as he was suddenly let up for air, the soldiers hands on him letting go, his body shuddered as he shakily reached up to pull down the face mask as his body violently ejected a mixture of bile and water, majority being water. Coughing as he choked on air as his body tried to get precious oxygen into his system.

This wasn't the end as Nolan overheard the soldiers discussing hearing a noise when all hell broke loose. There were more than what Nolan had seen, but that hardly mattered as Nolan watched some get jumped by rather large lizard looking animals with claws and teeth, the high grass and darkness making the soldiers easy prey for the animals.

That was the ground shook repeatedly as something big was coming their way. Nolan watched as something big and a grayish white color joined the fray, starting off by snapping up a soldier right next to Nolan, effectively covering the poor young man's upper body in blood and pieces of flesh. His stomach lurched once more as he heard the sounds of flesh being torn and the sound of a torn body being swallowed by the larger animal. Before nearly being deafened by the roar.

Wiping the blood off his googles as the creatures continued to tear apart the last of the soldiers, he noticed the dismembered hand holding the key to his restraints laying close by, the victim of the one of the smaller ones, and since Nolan needed his hands freed if he had hopes of getting away and not be at a severe disadvantage. As he got the restraints off, Nolan soon realized a problem. He had no source of a light, which considering the overwhelming darkness, would mean he would be stumbling around in the dark until the animals around him just waited til he fell before swooping down on him in the dark.

But the river he was being drowned in, could provide transport. if it wasn't for aforementioned fact of the no light. And the fact he was going to get further lost.

However, it was a better alternative to potentially being killed or heaven forbid he remain alive enough while being consumed and the due process. Especially if it was the bigger one. The thought made him feel ice cold, which after he took a deep breath, it gave him the confidence to jump into the water and let the current carry him.

Remaining under the dark water for as long as possible since he didn't want to be scooped outta the water, especially since the current was steady, not fast. It did pick up in speed as he got further along, especially after a drop. It was here Nolan finally was forced to surface as he was starting to run out of air. He had entered a rough section as rocks slammed into him, dazing and injuring him, he almost blacked out after hitting his head on a rock. It was this moment that Nolan felt tired, as everything slowed down.

He barely realized he washed onto dry land, head bleeding and blackness overtaking his mind, Nolan's last thought before he passed out was. 'These rocks are comfy.'

@Vulthurmir
 

LenxKaitoYaoi

Yaoi Queen, Angst Connoisseur
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Online Availability
Probably not often. I’m more likely to be found on FanFiction and Discord.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Yaoi, modern/fantasy, fantasy, horror, romance and so on.
Ziv nodded when Abby said she was joining him, and they set off to find their wandering Nolan. He stopped as she did though, he could feel them. Didn’t seem like Nolan was with them either. Ha gasped, shutting his eyes to the sudden blinding flare that shot past them. Great, if he couldn’t see before he definitely couldn’t now. He was more worried about that flare alerting other things besides the ones who set it off of their presence. His concern seemed to be well within reason too, as it proved that was just what happened.

And it was hell on the swordsman.

He froze, not out of fear exactly, but out of the hope he and Abby wouldn’t be seen by those things. But it was so hard to do. He didn’t have to see it, and he didn’t have to hear it to know those people were dying, but it certainly didn’t help any. His clenched fists trembled as he fought back the urge to help, to try and save them. But he couldn’t. Right now, his priority was his and Abby’s safety, and he’d only be risking that if he moved now. He only could pray that those beasts took off after they were done with the soldiers.

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case. It was worse, they really didn’t get far from the cave before this attack, which meant now it was putting Kassandra and Alec at risk too. And they’re being smart about it. “Oh hell.” He reached for his sword, but Abby was faster, and he wasn’t about to not take her word either. So as she warned, he dropped to one knee as his eyes finally adjusted thanks to her fire lighting the place up again. It gave him the chance to assess the situation a little better at least.

Her attack certainly did damage, and if nothing else did seem to startle them. But he wasn’t taking the chance that they’d back off. So when Abby’s flame went out and she turned it the other way, he took his sword and sped off after the one Abby hadn’t gotten to yet. He was faster than they were, if that he had no doubt. What he didn’t know for sure was just how durable their hides were and if his strength could cut through them or not. He was going to try regardless though. So after charging at it, he darted off to his left and kept up into the air towards the dinosaur. With his blade at the ready and his fall to increase the power behind his slice, he brought it down on the beast’s neck. With any luck, he’ll cut its head off entirely, but if he can so much as just kill it that would be good enough.