The Escape

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
He nodded, placing his hands over the wound. A flash of light and the pain was gone, the wound a rounded pink scar that would disappear in a few hours. He looked over at her weakly. "I can't fly for awhile yet," he informed her. "We're stuck here for the time being." But he could glide, and he took her in his arms again and did so onto a lower limb-she nearest to the trunk-, only about twenty feet off the ground and wide across as Aryn was tall, so they could hide easily. He laid down, closing his eyes to rest for a moment.

He despised being weak, being unable to help. His friends he tracked quietly as they ran farther away from where they hid until he couldn't sense them anymore. They would find them later, he knew. He could always find them.
The soldiers he could now track, a blank folding of minds that resembled animals, but the natives of the forest ran from them and that helped pinpoint their location, three miles east of them. They would be safe for now.

Julianne nodded in understanding and was then relieved when he flew them to be closer to the ground but they were still high enough to not be seen. She was still uneasy about the height they were at so she moved herself to rest her back against the trunk of the tree then brought knees to her chest and rested her head on them, this way she felt the stability of something behind her and she didn't have to see how far up they actually were.

There were many thoughts running through her head and she realized that most of them were all worries she had, about herself, Aryn, the rest of the group, what they were going to do, how they could find the group and not get caught, etc. She closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the tree, taking steadying breaths in the hopes of calming down, worrying would get them nowhere. She slowly opened her eyes and looked over to Aryn, "…What's wrong?" She asked, after a moment.

"I'm just tired," he replied. "Flying long distances like I had been doing calls for small bursts of healing my arm, shoulder, wing muscles so I don't sprain or pull something, which would obviously be a bad thing." He opened his eyes and stared at the canopy of leaves above them. "Healing my bullet wound took a lot out of me. I would try to calm you down otherwise, although that may not work. You're really quite afraid of heights, aren't you?" He was completely serious and didn't mean anything bad by it- He was concerned about her.

Julianne nodded at his explanation but she still felt like something was bothering him. "Well, I know I speak for the rest of our group when I say thank you for that. There were so many soldiers, we were surrounded." She said with a small smile but then shook her head, "I'm fine don't worry about me." He was tired enough as it was without thinking about trying to help her. When he mentioned her fear of heights she opened her mouth to say something only to close it right after and looked away in embarrassment. "Um… yeah." She shrugged, "I'm not sure why but I'm kind of just reasoning it with the fact that fire is rooted to the ground so I prefer the ground I guess." It wasn't a very good reason and she wasn't sure what made her so terrified of heights but she was and she couldn't help it. Even at the moment, despite the fact that she knew she wouldn't fall, she couldn't look down. "It's a stupid fear, I know…" She chuckled, trying to brush it off but a slight blush could be seen on her cheeks.

"We are in the middle of no where. Like I know where we are or going. There aren't any signs saying, "freedom next junction" or "safe path this way with no soldiers". I am running and going to keep running until my legs give out. I think that's the best idea." she told the young man before adding, "Hurry along Ante." She glanced over her shoulder to make sure Ante was still there. The other two girls, she wondered if they were okay or not as they were split from the group and now Angel boy and Fire girl were missing. She knew they would be fine as long as they stayed together and it wasn't hard to see Angel boy had a thing for Fire girl. She looked at the other male again wondering if he was crushing on Fire girl too. She laughed silently, out of all the things happening and that's what her brain was thinking? She didn't even understand how her mind worked. She figured her mind was probably trying to distract itself, she was always thinking negative thing and her brain was already saying, time to give up as soon as they didn't return. Three or two split up groups of small numbers, would they be able to fight and escape like this. Mr.IHaveAPlan... she wondered what he had planned now. Maybe she should of listened to his rants on freedom.

"Running until our legs give out you mean, I'm with you Ms. . . . what is your name by the way?" Jordan asked before quickly stuttering, "I-I-If you don't m-mind of course." despite how nervous he was, he continued his questioning staring down at the ground, as he jogged alongside who ever this girl was, " Where are Julianne, and the kid with wings?" Plus where the hell did everyone go? Dark was gone, the confident guy in charge, he was the only one with any semblance of a plan, and probably the strongest power among them (next to the Cannon-Lady of course). Nervous, and overwhelmed was a pretty good way to describe how he was feeling right now.

He smiled. "Sounds logical to me, sort of." He blinked and rubbed his jaw. "What is stupid is that I'm afraid of flying. I push it away, of course, focus on other people's emotions, but it's still there and it sucks." Aryn sat up, a little dizzy, and gave her a half smile, amused to see her cheeks fill with color. Julianne was beautiful, he realized in that moment, with the sun shining through the leaves and illuminating her cheekbones. He glanced down, embarrassed to think that of her. They needed to survive more than create a love life. It wasn't important, but it seemed to be for him.
If he could take his own emotions away, he would. To keep everyone safe.

Julianne gave him a small smile when he agreed with her reasoning (despite how silly she thought it was). When he mentioned his fear of flying however she was genuinely confused, "Wait, you're afraid flying? But… you flew everyone to safety before… You did all that while being afraid of flying?" She found that amazing that he would do that but immediately felt bad about when he was flying her, he had already been afraid and she being terrified the entire time they flew probably didn't help him. Her smile widened, "Thank you." She then moved closer to Aryn and gave him a hug, she thought it was so kind of him to do that that she couldn't help but feel the inclination to hug him. Once she did however she leaned back, slightly embarrassed by her sudden action. "Oh, er… sorry." She mumbled, glancing away. This was not something that she felt very often so it was a little strange to her but felt natural. She liked Aryn so why should she be embarrassed by a hug?

((I'm back and in a great position to ruin something too!))

Dark had seen part of what happened on the lower branch and knew what was happening between the two. It was the same thing that happened between Rusty and Blaise. He changed form and smiled as he shouted down to them "Hay, love 'birds'. What's going on?" he said with, for the first time since the last escape, a childish smile. Non of them Gadsden that side of him... Well not till now at least. "Ready to get back to the group perhaps." both of them looked startled... did they think he was dead or captured?

Julianne jumped at the sound of someone else's voice near them, her fear spiking as she looked all around for the source. She then noticed Dark's form in a branch above them and smiled happily, "You're back!" and not as serious as before she added mentally before his words finally sunk in. Her cheeks immediately flushed with color as she moved farther away from Aryn and closer to the base of the tree once again. "U-um… sure." She said before glancing to Aryn and back to Dark, "Aryn is still injured so he can't fly though…" She said with concern. Not that she would make him if he could. Now that she found out that he was afraid of flying she was going to try her best to make it so he wouldn't have to anymore though she was not yet sure how she was going to accomplish this...

Rina grumbled a little but knew she they already were calling her by Rina and she couldn't stop them from speaking her name so she simply muttered, "Rina." She sensed he was nervous and didn't really blame him. "Don't know." she said truthfully. "Angel boy went back for Fire girl but didn't come back." She kept her same pace even though her muscles started to cramp, not used to exercise. None of their bodies were used to being outside and really actually moving. It was no surprise if they were getting tired faster than the average joe. She cursed under her breath from a sharp pain stabbing in her side with each step she took.

It was hard not to notice her labored breathing after each step, Rina was tired and honestly so was he, though none of them apparently wanted to admit it. Dropping on his back like a rock midstep he spoke out, "I-I'm sto-stopping here, Angel boy m-might not find us if we go out too far, andI think we're safe here for now, pl-lus I can't r-run anymore." Jordan said, slightly exaggerating on the last part of his explanation. "And if we get too tired running we won't be able to put up much of a fight if it turns out we aren't safe, so why continue running?"

Aryn still felt Julianne's arms around him even as she jumped away. He rolled his eyes at Dark's pun. "It'll take a few hours before I can safely fly again," Aryn confirmed, looking over at Julianne, then looking away before she noticed. He was almost surprised with her concern, unused to people caring about him. He looked at Dark, frowning slightly.

"Where the hell were you all this time?" he inquired. "We could've used you an hour ago."

Julianne had thought she saw Aryn looking at her but when she turned to him, he was facing Dark instead. She just shrugged a little and assumed it was just a trick of the light or her mind playing tricks on her but she found her self almost… disappointed he wasn't looking at her. This feeling was slightly strange to her, she wasn't sure why she wanted him to have but she did. She really did like him. When he asked where the hell Dark had been she spoke up however, "Aryn…" She chastised. She was also very curious as to why he had left and where he had gone, only to return and disrupt… whatever was going on before but Aryn could have asked it nicer she supposed.

Aryn raised a part of his mouth upwards in a kind of half-smile as Julianne quietly scolded him- but that's not what it sounded like. Her voice caught on the end of his name a little, and he found himself amused. A red blush had found its way onto his cheeks, colored by her voice. "I was being straightforward," he said to her. "No use sugarcoating it."

Julianne bit her lip in an attempt not to smile at his blush but this ultimately failed and a small smile made its way onto her face. She was just glad she was in fact able to mostly hold back her giggle. "Well, I guess... But you could make it sound nicer. He did get us out anyway." She explained. "It doesn't matter that he should explain where he's been since we almost died, he probably has his reasons." She ended, adding in the part about them almost dying in the hopes he would explain where he'd been since that was the question that was burning in her mind too.

Aryn smiled in return and shrugged. "True, he did." He looked at Dark again. He couldn't read him, only felt the presence of his mind. It worried him; either Dark was hiding something or somehow, Aryn was unable to access Dark's mind. He probed Julianne's thoughts gently to assure himself he still could read other minds and sighed.

"So, you going to tell us where you've been?" he asked, being slightly kinder this time for Julianne's sake.

He watched the two carefully, they were becoming close... possibly too close. This could end up creating a divide in the group, or really even more so of one. Both of them were love struck, to embarassed even to look at each other not wanting to know if the other had the same feelings being afraid that they were the only one. It was a funny case, their group leader was struck by it so badly that they had to remove the girl from sight before he could even get a sentence out. Luckily these two didn't seem to be so... extreem about things.

"Well, you can assume many things, it could have been a test, I could have been trying to cover my own ass, or I could have been fighting. I'll let you decide." He said with a slight smirk. He knew they would be confused about it but he gave them two likely answers. He already had proven himself to not be for himself many times and he was sure they would figure it out... if they didn't over think things. "and no need to fly, we can walk." He jumped from the tree gliding down before looking up, he was sure they could climb down or possibly jump. If not he could go back up and help them down.

Julianne smiled in appreciation to Aryn and turned back to Dark when he began to talk again but his response just left her more confused. It wasn't the best of answers and because of that she was just more curious as to where he could have been. "Well that wasn't very much of an answer…" She mumbled to herself, unthinkingly. He couldn't have been fighting because why wouldn't he just retreat with the rest of them or get them to help with the fight? And as to him having to cover his own ass, why would he? it at least seemed like they all made a clean getaway so that didn't seem all that likely to her at least so he was testing him? Was that it? Judging by the smirk on his face it didn't seem like he would be revealing that answer anytime soon so just looked over to Aryn to see if he had any ideas but she knew it was probably unlikely for him to know the answer.

When Dark mentioned them walking then jumped from the tree she was brought back from her thoughts and peered over the edge of the branch she was on. The moment she saw that they were still pretty high off of the ground, she could feel her breathing spike and fear creep into her gut. She quickly snapped back to lean against the tree and took deep breaths to steady her breathing and hopefully calm down again. She knew that she needed to get down somehow but just couldn't find the courage to actually move from the nice, safe branch she's on.

Aryn noticed her discomfort, and scooted closer to her. "I can glide down," he said. "And I could carry you. It's not too far, and I'll be okay." he was still weak, but he was strong enough now to carry her down a couple feet. He took Julianne into his arms. "Close your eyes," he told her, then jumped, spreading his wings to glide to the forest floor, touching down lightly and setting Julianne on her feet. His muscles strained, but he ignored it and turned to Dark.

Dark had his own reasons for disappearing, and Aryn respected that, although if he could read his mind he would've done so. He didn't believe it was a test, so Aryn assumed that he had either been hiding or fighting. From what he knew of Dark, he guessed Dark had been fighting, too.
"Let's go," Aryn verbalized.