The Elder Scrolls: Rising Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I count 3 factions submitted with one promised to be on the way. Where's our others? Who else posted in this thread saying they would? What stage of creation are you at?

Edit: Mine makes 4. Do we want to start this shindig or wait?

Large elaborate RP don't attract as many people as we often hope. And Elder Scrolls rarely gets far on Iwaku despite its apparent popularity.

I COULDN'T DO MY RP HOMEWORK

I HAVE REAL COLLEGE HOMEWORK AND ALSO LOTS OF WORK

Full time student + part time job = sadness, but money and knowledge.

I COULDN'T DO MY RP HOMEWORK

I HAVE REAL COLLEGE HOMEWORK AND ALSO LOTS OF WORK

Full time student + part time job = sadness, but money and knowledge.

I do that too but somehow still ended up owing people money... And knowledge, well, you can't really eat that. So yeah, sadness.

Anyways, you got an ETA on that sheet?

Is this rp still joinable or am I to late?

The lack of good Elder Scrolls RP on this site is a travesty.

Is it so hard to find a decent partner for a light hearted adventure without them claiming to be a member of skyrim's thieves guild and openly murdering someone in whiterun and claiming the city is in their pocket while they begin a massive guild merger of the thieves guild, the dark brotherhood, and the companions all together!??!

Oh, I'm totally broke. I'm living off of ramen and leftovers until next Friday but at least I payed my bills.

If not tonight then tomorrow for sure. Sorry for the long wait!

It's fine! Those college feels. Fuckin' 'spensive, bro.

And come one, come all!
The lack of good Elder Scrolls RP on this site is a travesty.
Is it so hard to find a decent partner for a light hearted adventure without them claiming to be a member of skyrim's thieves guild and openly murdering someone in whiterun and claiming the city is in their pocket while they begin a massive guild merger of the thieves guild, the dark brotherhood, and the companions all together!??!
That'd be grounds for the character to be summarily executed and the player barred from making another one. I have a strict no mary sue and nonsense character policy. You'd be surprised what I've seen submitted in another TES RP I'm helping a buddy of mine run.

If only I had the balls. I kicked the person from a previous ES RP a few weeks ago, apparently they forgot I was hounding them with mundane questions about their high elf twins (one a werewolf the other a vampire).

If only I had the balls. I kicked the person from a previous ES RP a few weeks ago, apparently they forgot I was hounding them with mundane questions about their high elf twins (one a werewolf the other a vampire).
My advice is to never let anyone play a werewolf or a vampire. People seldom see those things as storytelling and narrative tools and more just like, "I m Vampyr, a vampire who can do ANYTHING EVEN KILL YOUR CHARACTERS AND GIRLS LIKE HIM AND WANT TO KISS HIM AND TAKE HIM ON DATES" and roughly the same thing with werewolves. There are stories of one RP some people I know were involved in set in the TES universe where a guy submitted a character who could turn into a dragon-werewolf hybrid. I mean, seriously, what the fuck?

I wouldn't tell people they can't be something on the basis that others did it poorly, would at least give them a chance.

The random hybrid is ridiculous though.

I wouldn't tell people they can't be something on the basis that others did it poorly, would at least give them a chance.
The random hybrid is ridiculous though.
I usually go off the logic that vampires are monsters that are not to be trusted and most characters with a right mind would go along the same logic in TES. This goes the same with werewolves. It's less that I'm biased against it, it's more that I see the logic behind why people in TES would be distrustful of these things. If you knew your traveling companion could turn into an eight foot tall animal streamlined for killing on any given night then you'd kill them. Vampires go along the same logic. They feed on blood, the stories you hear of vampires is of them feeding on the blood of anyone who isn't a vampire and look! There's one now!

Basic rule is that if you wouldn't travel with someone like that then your character wouldn't.

In the previous incarnation of this RP, we had a player who wanted to make the entire Cyrodiilic royal family vampires. Also, we had another guy who doesn't know Valenwood had roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.