The Elder Scrolls: Resurgence of the Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Artorias and I discussed a connection between our characters via PM. I've included Viryn with a flashback, though by name only. It'll become clearer as we go!

Sorry to hear about your uncle Derv! My family's had a couple losses lately as well and it's never easy.

At work so please excuse my rushed informality: As Markain learns more about his bloodline I'd like him to learn spells I feel reflect his progress, I'm thinking Equilibrium midgame as he learns power and knowledge come at a price and Glimpse of Death late-game when he begins the sacred rituals and sacrifices. Is this or could it be made acceptable?
Looked into it!

Equilibrium would even be fine as an early spell, it's novice level. No worries there! According to el Wiki, the only spell tome you can find that spell in is in Labyrinthian, which the College will have gone through at this point since the Eye of Magnus is in the possession of the college. We could say Urag Gro-Shub possesses the tome.

Glimpse of Death is something that mechanically is fine, my only concern with it is it's only ever been a part of the Shivering Isles expansion pack, so I'm thinking it might be something that might only ever be encountered in the Shivering Isles, which as we know kinda plays by its own rules. It's kind of like how some spells are exclusive to the Soul Cairn and wouldn't make much sense for anybody other than vampires or the Dragonborn to have known them, and likewise any of the ones learned in Apocrypia. So, long story short, this one I don't think's happening.

Thanks guys, for being so understanding. Only part of it was my view on my writing capability. It was more so that, yes, I bit off a bit more than I could chew and this roleplay moves so fast - I'm also a bit out of my element with the large group dynamic. Most of my stuff is small and invite-only, so it's hard to acclimate. I'll still be around though. XD This OOC is too kickass to bow out of - it's a shame we don't have that Skype group we discussed earlier in the RP's life.

EDIT: Sorry to hear that, Dervy D:
Well, nobody's asking for more than a post a week, I don't think that was an unreasonable expectation, but if you feel it's a bit overwhelming, no worries! I've been there.

And yeah, sadly most people turned out not having Skype. Such is life. >_>

And thanks guys, it sucks but I'll survive. 3500 kilometers distance and plenty of distractions help.

I don't mean it was too much to ask! No, not at all ^^ i worded that poorly - it's kind of hard to explain, but it's all on me taking more than I could handle >_< which I often do

I forgot they go through the labyrinth! And yeah, I know the Reachman worship Aedra and Daedra so I didn't know if the Hagravens were chummy with Sheogorath or not. Though thinking about it he'd be equally as likely to bestow a spell that summons squirrels so good call avoiding the vermin plague of 4E :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean it was too much to ask! No, not at all ^^ i worded that poorly - it's kind of hard to explain, but it's all on me taking more than I could handle >_< which I often do
My rule of thumb is never try to do more than 3 roleplays at a time. I rather not stress about doing a hobby, and if I'm doing too many games, my quality and motivation suffers.

I forgot they go through the labyrinth! And yeah, I know the Reachman worship Aedra and Daedra so I didn't know if the Hagravens were chummy with Sheogorath or not. Though thinking about it he'd be equally as likely to bestow a spell that summons squirrels so good call avoiding the vermin plague of 4E :p
Hard to say, but I'm pretty sure Sheogorath's not really about having a cult following. I'm pretty sure the only time he really interacts with mortals is when a Grey March is approaching, if he feels like trolling mortals, or if his followers actually manage to get his attention, which is sporadic, to say the least.

I may just add Equlibrium as a starting spell and trash the idea as any other Apprentice level Destruction spells lack the oomph to make them a reward of Blood and Void. Speaking of which, I'll have my spell list to you today, I've already mentioned using Telekinesis and Detect Life IC so those are a given :p

I also want to throw in my praise for Juin, because honestly he's the first time I've felt comfortably enough to accept a vampire character because a lot of people don't go about it in the right way. Waaay too many people want to do it because they think of it as a power up. Fuck that.

Speaking of which, what's everyone's thoughts on the characters we have so far?
I appreciate the in words @Dervish! I love playing Juin and the world you all are crafting is bringing out qualities I hadn't expected to develop.

On a related note, I am loving the other characters. Typically, I have serious reservations about humanoid animal characters, but this game has changed my perspective. The way everyone here treats these differing species akin to race, alongside a deep mythos of stigma and stereotype, is truly impressive. Even with so much lore established from the games, I've yet to see anyone fail to remain true to the setting.

I am specifically excited for Paints and Juin to grow closer. The way the argonian balances his brutal youth with a unique perspective, distancing himself from the trauma but also engaging with it each day is just spot on. I think Paints has quite a lot to teach Juin as the vampyric hunger changes his personality.

That said, our newest seem to have quite a bit of promise as well. Viryn seems like a proper study of what one does after they've served, raised a family, and is left again with the choice of 'what next'. He seems like he could have just as well become a shopkeep. It's going to be lovely to see him pulled back into the life -- especially to see how this person from Juin's own past plays in my character's development. Finally, adding a Reachman who could very easily discover the perplexing quality to Juin with a simple spell is completely out of left field for me. I love how these fresh additions are so naturally coming into our story and the fact they'll have serious implications just by stepping in.

9YGjNtY.png

Making a post.

Sorry to see you go Scout, but I hope you can jump back in sometime in the future. I think what everyone else is saying rings true. This is supposed to be a hobby, not a chore, and if it's causing stress than something's not right.

My condolences about your Uncle, Derv. That really, really sucks man.

I am specifically excited for Paints and Juin to grow closer. The way the argonian balances his brutal youth with a unique perspective, distancing himself from the trauma but also engaging with it each day is just spot on. I think Paints has quite a lot to teach Juin as the vampyric hunger changes his personality.

Yes! I'm glad you're also excited for this, because Juin is definitely the character I've been most excited to interact with. It's really interesting to see the similarities in their pasts, and the ways in which they both deal with it. Also super interesting because they're both sort of living a double life: Paints with his vampirism, and Paints with his persona as a hero and a knight. ALSO super interesting because depending on the circumstances, if Juin's affliction ever comes to light it may mean difficult choices for Paints, who tries to live by a code of "vanquishing evil." Are vampires inherently evil? It's not something he's ever given a lot of thought to, because he's always just assumed the answer was yes. Anyway yeah, it should be fun.

• Love
Reactions: Poeta Perdido
I don't know why, that seems like quite a lot of spells, but it's not bad when you break it down, and since he's pretty much a pure mage without combat skills, I think that's a-okay!

We'll see what Soul things after he returns from his dead slumber.

For the sake of fairness, he hits things with his staff pretty often as a combat skill. His only direct damaging spell is novice destruction, everything else is utility or incapacititory (shut up, it's a word) so I figured the number wouldn't be an issue as he's spend years at College. I'm really only bound to Absorb Magicka/Fatigue, Entropic touch and the Adept & Expert tiers of his main tree if you'd like me to trim it down. Everything else is flavour, for instance Cure paralysis he learned so other students would be more willing to help him train with Paralyze and Corrode Armour I just think would be cool :p

EDIT:
YeZxdAT.png

Sorry to see you go Scout, but I hope you can jump back in sometime in the future. I think what everyone else is saying rings true. This is supposed to be a hobby, not a chore, and if it's causing stress than something's not right.

My condolences about your Uncle, Derv. That really, really sucks man.

Yes! I'm glad you're also excited for this, because Juin is definitely the character I've been most excited to interact with. It's really interesting to see the similarities in their pasts, and the ways in which they both deal with it. Also super interesting because they're both sort of living a double life: Paints with his vampirism, and Paints with his persona as a hero and a knight. ALSO super interesting because depending on the circumstances, if Juin's affliction ever comes to light it may mean difficult choices for Paints, who tries to live by a code of "vanquishing evil." Are vampires inherently evil? It's not something he's ever given a lot of thought to, because he's always just assumed the answer was yes. Anyway yeah, it should be fun.
To be fair, even given Sevari's distrust of Juin after his display in the first battle, Sevari's already glancing at him from time to time just to keep tabs on the guy. Vampirism coming to light would only give him, and possibly Paints, something even greater to deal with. As far as Sevari is concerned, he may be a sour-puss but he's a loyal sour-puss and holds to the old unspoken rule that those who bleed together stay together. It would be even more of a moral quandary when Paints finds out, as I think he'd be most likely to look at it from outside the blinders of superstitions saying that all vampires are evil, as he especially counts Juin as a friend and not just an alliance of necessity, like Sevari does with the others.

As I've discussed with Dervs already, there will be occurences here in Winterhold that will test the party and their loyalty to each other a great deal, so who knows what will come to light between all of them. To think, all of this questioning of morals and ideals and we're not even close to getting to the destination of the expedition. Just think of this leg of the journey more in terms of True Detective than the Expendables.

All this being said, nice posts everyone, and I'm especially glad Witty's finally thrown his hat in with the intro post. Now, we just wait for the others. I'm very glad someone has taken the liberty of picking up what I put down by getting us a little informant.

Soul, have you any word on the proposed spell list? I figure enough time has passed by for Mairkain to make it to the tavern by now :p

Soul, have you any word on the proposed spell list? I figure enough time has passed by for Mairkain to make it to the tavern by now :p
Well unless you have him bust down the door and start firing paralyze spells every which way, I think you're good to post no matter what :P

Also, it's a minor thing but I referenced Mairkain entering the tavern next to Paints, so technically...he's already there :O

Well unless you have him bust down the door and start firing paralyze spells every which way, I think you're good to post no matter what :P

Also, it's a minor thing but I referenced Mairkain entering the tavern next to Paints, so technically...he's already there :O
I also referenced him. Majority vote, Wit, you're in the tavern with us.

And the spell list seems fine, I'm sure.

OOOOOKAY THEN!
Now my alert box isn't working. Dammit Nosoul! This is all your fault! You infected me!

Man, I missed so many conversations...

OOOOOKAY THEN!
Now my alert box isn't working. Dammit Nosoul! This is all your fault! You infected me!

Man, I missed so many conversations...
HA HA EVERYONE POINT AND LAUGH

Roflmao.

Also, alerts don't show up again unless you check the thread after being notified. So get in the habit of checking your Watched Threads tab every time you log on.

Status
Not open for further replies.