The Easterling Army

She grins, "You did do it, yet you stopped" She tilted her head and started playing with the water in her hands, sending it between her fingers like a snake. "Why is that?" She was generally curious as to why he had stopped.

"I-I figured that was enough... Dont worry. I'm happy with knowing this much. You dont need to teach me this any more." he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly and looked at the floor.

Freya looked at him for a moment, she then moved the water over his head with a sly grin and ever so slowly let it drip onto his head

Valtir looked over at her and raised an eyebrow, blinking every time a drop hit his head.

"...You're being very rude..." He said seriously, yet with a slight tone to indicate that he was joking.

She chose this moment to release her hold on the water and let it fall onto his face, "I have my moments." She burst into a fit of giggles and covered her mouth in an attempt to stop giggling.

Valtir stared at her for a while longer, still with his eyebrow raised,, then stood up and stepped out of the bubble, then he turned around, sat on the river bed floor outside of the bubble, and crossed his arms, with a slight smirk on his face.

Freya looked at Valtir for a moment, smirked a tiny bit and shrugged, stood, walked our of the bubble on the other side, turned to face him and sat cross legged on the river floor, holding her smirk. She snickered mentally, It was on.

Valtir stared back at her, unsure what to do next. He pulled up another weed and started twirling it through his fingers again, putting all his focus on it.

Freya looked down a tthe sand and started drawing in it. She like how when she had finished drawing, it would wash away and she could draw again.

Valtir allowed himself to float up and drift along with the current aimlessly, he let his arms float out to the side as he drifted over Freya, over the bubble, slowly heading downstream. He wasn't sure what he'd do, but maybe Freya would follow him.

Freya gave him an odd look and stood, curious as to what he was doing, she casually walked across the river bed, her hand out stretched as she controlled the water around her so she didnt start drifting.

Valtir closed his eyes and let himself flow with the river. It was somewhat peaceful, until he had to take a breath. He came to the surface and looked around. Still nothing. The balrog was finally gone. He looked around. Freya must still be under water.

Freya looked up for a moment allowed herself to float up the the surface. She looked around for a moment and then looks to Valtir. "So, where to next?" She tilts her head in question

Valtir floated on his back, looking at the sky. "We'll head down stream for a while, until we reach the Emyn Muil. I think it'll be better than going around..."

She nodded, "Alright.." She floated onto her back and closed her eyes, not in a way of sleep, but simply to let images run through her mind easier.

They floated in silence for a few hours, resting peacefully on top of the water. They managed to travel just under a kilometer, before Valtir rolled over and slowly swam to the western side of the river. "We'll travel faster on foot. We've wasted enough time as it is..."

Freya opened her eyes and rolled over, tilting her head, "Alright." She swam to the western side of the river, following him

Valtir stood up and waded to the treeline infront of him, squeezing him clothing to clear as much water from it as he could, then he started walking without turning to look for Freya. He had managed to wipe most of those feelings that had been sparked by that encounter from his mind now, throwing them away and knowing that they were useless. He was now completely focused on the journey ahead, contemplating their path. Valtir found that he was rather good at blocking things out. He supposed that was merely a trait of being a wanderer.

"We'll go through Emyn Muil. The path is treacherous... but I have taken it before." He said darkly, staring straight ahead.

Freya left the water, wringing the water from her hair and cloak as she followed him, "Alright.." She tilts her head slightly before throwing her hair up in a pony tail. She noted the tone in which he spoke and raised her brow slightly. She supposed that he was simply emphasizing the danger ahead...or, he was simply being what every wanderer was, kinda rude. She shrugged and followed. "What makes it so treacherous?"

Valtir looked up at the canopy above him, thinking, then turned and spoke as if he were reading from a book.

"The hills of Emyn Muil, upon either side of Nen Hithoel, is a vast, seemingly impenetrable maze of rocky crags in the region of Rhovanion. The Emyn Muil lies between the eastern part of Rohan and the relatively empty lands that contained the Dead Marshes and the Nindalf. It was approximately seventy-five miles from east to west and some one-hundred miles from north to south..."

He broke out of his trance, and looked at Freya, still walking at the same pace he was before. "If we dont stick to the high ground as much as we can, it's likely we'll end up hopelessly lost..."