The Different Schools

Rez turned off the microphone, and countered her with "You actually expect ME, to be traditional? You must not know me very well. Plus, it's only first to shoot four hoops. We'll get to everything soon." And he walked way to put the mic away. No matter how much you teach him, Rez will be Rez. He stood on the right half of the gym in position. "Heh, heh heh heh..."

As the rest of the student body quickly filed into the gymnasium, pushed along by the faculty manning their stations, so to speak, in the hallway, Kelkov looked around at the available seating. He never did like the bleachers; nothing to lean back on meant uncomfortable slouching. So, he opted instead to stand on the back row, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed protectively around his books. Much better.

He smirked a bit as the principal quickly skipped past the boring part of his speech. Kelkov loved this school, it was a real blast. Especially the first day. He didn't cheer with the rest when the basketball game was announced, but he certainly did laugh to himself. He could always depend on good old Principal Mastë to really make things interesting whenever possible.

Tensa, a bit late as usual, runs towards the school, with a piece of toast in his mouth. He kinda overslept and as much as he hates it, as he enters the school, runs to the left, the right, and the left again, and simply runs through the hallway, heading towards the gym. Being on time is such hard work for Tensa...

As he enters the gymnasium, he is panting a bit, though he, obviously, lost track of the principal's speech, and he is goes next to the bleachers, having no place to sit on. Besides, there are a lot of students, and it's not like he doesn't know about the usual, speech that the principal tends to give out each year.

Hunter wakes up suddenly. He fell asleep in the gym. It was now filled up with students. He had been put in the school at the last minute. He honestly was curious but so far most people wouldn't look twice at him. Especially when a few students watched when he passed through the barrier and it would't let him go halfway through. When he finally got trough most people shrinking back.

They were wondering what was bad about him. Honestly he was wondering what was wrong with him as well. He didn't hurt anybody yet most people kept a distance away from him even now as he was just sitting there people scooted away. He sighed in defeat giving up on even having a level of a friend in the school. He looked at the front of the crowd and saw the principal. Actually, he though, maybe this school won't be that bad. He thought again hopefully. He saw the hilarious insanity in front of him, the woman who was trying to remain elegant was crushed by the loudness and rambunctiousness of the principle. He couldn't help but laugh. He was not happy. Amused, very amused but still not that happy.

He sighed, looking around spotting many interesting characters. He wanted to be here. Even the he was an outcast. Even here, a school full of creatures, an outcast. He actually felt war my at home. He loved it. He was ready for anything, well almost anything at the least. He wanted to laugh louder, laugh extremely hard but instead he just let himself quietly laugh. Still not happy... Amused... very amused.... but still not happy. He still felt the lingering feeling of being a stranger in his own home though. He didn't know why though. This year, he thought, this year I will make a better impression on people, I promise.

The shadow's around Edmond's feet suddenly spiked out at the loud noise in his ears. He cringed and rubbed at his head. How irritating.

There were way too many people in the gym now, he realized. It was crowded and seemed too stuffy. He felt like he was drowning. He curled into himself slightly as the Principal spoke.

A basketball game? That sounded painfully lame. He went back to screwing around on his phone, doing his best to check out completely from what was going on around him.

As many of the teachers and staff members began to make their way to the middle of the gym for the game they were being forced to play, Kelkov's eyes began to wander. He noticed the dark-haired young man sitting a short distance away, slightly huddled up as though protecting himself from the excitement. His expression looked a bit empty, perhaps irritated, and he was playing with his phone. Clearly, he wasn't enjoying himself. Kelkov raised an eyebrow. Couldn't hurt to get an early start.

"Hey," the brunette said, taking a seat next to Edmond. The slightest of smirks played on his face. "Enjoying the show?"

Edmond typed out another message to Sven. He was heading to class by now, apparently. Now he wouldn't have anything to distract him from the idiocy around him. Great.

He looked up at the voice, giving the guy a once-over. He seemed like the trouble-making type. Edmond's type. Someone to cause mayhem with. His brother would be pissed if he kept getting in trouble this year though, so maybe he'd keep the friend-making to a minimum. He shrugged, "It's better than doing school work." It really was. It seemed pretty stupid to be here and watch a game between teachers, but at least he didn't have to learn.

He looked around. He started to make a conversation with someone but they shrinker back and scooted away. They had no intention of even responding to him. He looked down. Why had he been made to come to this school. It was now frankly very boring. He wanted no participation in this place anymore, He had not even gotten a second glance from anyone. He sighed blowing is hair out the way only for it to fall over his eyes again. This very much so irritated him, but he was too bored to acknowledge it. He got up in the middle of everything and just walked out. He had cared less what was going to happen at this point. He just wasn't into it anymore. He went for the gym exit.

Chad sighed at the announcement. Great, he thought sarcastically, shifting. He noticed a boy he hadn't seen yet come towards him and he pulled out his staff, pressing a button so it would extend to its full length and block the exit. His face was a mask as he said, "I can't let you leave. Principal's orders. This is a mandatory assembly as long as you have arrived here in sufficient time, which you have." He sighed, his wings rustling in his annoyance.

"Haha, true," Kelkov said with a small chuckle. He didn't know this guy, nor could he remember overhearing any conversations that might've told him something useful, so he had to start from scratch. Step 1: act friendly, open up some casual conversation to gather clues. But...what to talk about? Eh, maybe he could just skip to something that might bug this guy. He seemed pretty antisocial, maybe stepping over a boundary would do the job. "So, talking to a friend, I see."

Hunter looked at the man still walking, it was as if he wasn't even listening. He was still a distance away, His face was a blank unsolvable puzzle, an unreadable book. He looked at chad and then the staff still walking. Wow, maybe the most interesting thing i have seen all day. His fist clenched for a few seconds, And he thought. He was now a few yards away from chad, And chad could feel the devastating black aura. He could feel the warm musty breath of some other being as f it was following hunter but staring at chad.

Next thing you hear comes from behind you, "I don't care." No interest in fighting he kept walking he took a left and was out of the gym. He felt to weary to follow the rules right now. He just wanted to figure everything out. He walked throughout the halls.

Edmond shrugged again, "Yeah, my roommate, actually. I guess we're pretty good friends though. He's some to talk to, at least." Sven was probably his best friend. No, he was easily his best friend. He was the only person besides his brother that Edmond was willing to actually open up to, even if just a little.

He felt his phone buzz in his hand and immediately looked down at it. It was Edric this time, reminding him to pay attention and not be such a shit-head this year. Damnit. This twin telepathy crap was annoying.

Chad sighed, determined now to keep them all from leaving. He shrugged off his jacket and collapsed his staff as he spread his wings for the first time in a long time, pushing off the ground and flying impossibly fast through the hallways, picking up the boy as if he weighed nothing and flying him back into the gymnasium entrance.
"Let that be a lesson to you," Chad grumbled, dropping him on the floor below him.

"It's always nice to have people to look after you, hm?" He started to make a show of looking over Edmond's shoulder to take a peek at the text he'd gotten, when Kelkov's own phone went off in his pocket, his ringtone barely audible over the roar of the crowd. His shoulders fell slightly, and he rolled his eyes as he got to his feet, flipping his sleek black cell open with a practiced flourish. He already knew who it was, she was the only one who'd ever call him at school. "I'm in the middle of an assembly, E," he said to his friend with mock anger. He knew she hated that nickname; it was precisely why he used it at every opportunity. It was something of a habit of his. "Yeah, I know. You're always bored. Go make friends with that weird dog kid you were talking about." He hung up abruptly and sat back down, turning back to Edmond. "Sorry about that, she loves to bug me. You were saying?"

Hunter sighs standing in the gym. "Guess if I keep going I am just going to end up back here." He shrugged looking around. Other students started to squirm away from him again. "and everybody will keep avoiding me....." In fact that guy was the only one who had made contact with hunter all day. Hunter knew he was a powerful guy. But he honestly didn't care. He got bored. He wandered around the gym aimlessly. Avoiding the spot where the sport was taking place. He decided to fall asleep. He didn't care. He needed something to drink. He new what it was. Blood. But where. And from who? He knew that if he hadn't fed soon it was going to get chaotic. His veins were turning black already. He sat in a corner, clenching himself trying to keep his hunger at bay.

Edmond frowned and leaned away slightly. Personal space, asshole. He didn't like it when his 'bubble' was invaded. "Yeah, I guess it's okay." he muttered.

He was relieved when the other stood to take the call. He felt like he could breathe again. He typed out a quick message back to his brother, letting him know that, yes, he was paying attention and no he wasn't going to be as bad as last year. Calm down, damn.

He scooted away slightly when the boy plopped down next to him again. "I was just saying it's fine." Socializing wasn't really his strong point. Talking was, but not actual, meaningful conversations. He just liked to rattle, but he knew he needed to break that habit soon. "I'm Edmond, by the way. You are?" He forced himself to offer his hand, knowing that's what was supposed to be done. Didn't mean he had to like it.

"Kelkov Aerio, at your service," he said, shaking Edmond's hand, his grip confident and firm. He noticed the way the other man shied away from him and decided that would be enough for now. No sense in going overboard unless his chosen target really deserved it. He started to turn the conversation to something a little more innocent when the basketball at the center of the gymnasium flew high up into the air, signaling the reluctant start of the game. "Ah, finally," Kelkov said, turning his attention to the ensuing antics. What better way to boost your own self-confidence on the first day of school than to watch your supposed betters humiliate themselves?

Edmond hummed in response, pulling his hand away. This guy was way too over-bearing, but he supposed he was tolerable. He'd be willing to have a conversation with him, though preferably one from desks rather than benches so he couldn't get so close.

He paid only the slightest bit of attention to the game as it started. He messed with his phone again, sending a rude message to Augustus for no other reason than that he didn't like the guy. All he got in return of course was some cheery message about them being great friends. He hated that he could never get under that asshole's skin.

Whatever. Better luck next time. He looked back up at the game and began paying more attention. It was actually kinda fun to watch.

Boys vs girls. Boys, definitely win. Rez thought. There were more girl staff than boys, but still. A basket ball was dropped in the middle, and the teams scrambled for it. The out-of shape ones gave up running after 3 steps, hyperventilaning, causing the Elementary students to point and laugh. Others actually able to play got a ball and scored quickly. "What?! Lost a point to a women?!" The principle gasped. "Okay, no more Mr nice guy...."

((Okay, so I'm going camping until Saterday afternoon. First person to call Rez gets to control him. Remember, don't end the game without me! And thy must possess correct grammar.))

With a sigh and quietly shifting from foot to foot, I looked around the crowded gymnasium, figuring the game could use a spell of color to make things more interestimg. The ground pops briefly beneith my feet before the center underneath the ball envlops it in a green and shining light, the woman gaining pink and (mostly) red uniforms, it slightly extending to the audiance as I attempt to (poorly) block a ball I suddenly have more interest, a giant arrow above each goal and underneath each player, highlighting passes and the players who currently have the ball, then eventually slowly adding boys uniforms in darker and lighter blues, all of which hanging loosely over their clothes, flowing as if affected by physics, though everything mostly see-through unless you were to look at it directly. A picturesque ghost floated above with score cards, color coated per team, slowly formed and solidified in believability as time passed within the first few minutes.