The Devil Who Sits Next To Me (Creative and Ice)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You never know." Paige brought her arm up and let out a few coughs into it before dropping it at her side. "I try to help those around me but it fails a lot of times." She chuckled weakly and shook her head. Moving over so that he had some room, she nodded to what he was saying and hummed lightly, leaning back into the bed. "I'm not the most cheery kind of person so either way, I'll worry a little bit." She paused for a moment and shrugged lightly. "It's a weapons company that makes rifles, ammunition, and other such things for the Russian army. My great-great grandfather founded it a little over a hundred years ago." She explained and closed her eyes as she relaxed.

"Helping them commies for over hundred years eh?" Michael said in a faux Southern accent; however, his accents have always been quite horrendous. He grew up around Italians, so he spoke like an Italian, but more sophisticated than the majority of the people he knew. Michael bursted out laughing. "Acting was never my forté. I could never get accents down for some reason." Michael closed his eyes again. "I haven't slept well in a few days. But laying here...I feel relaxed." Michael tried to open his eyes, but he couldn't. A wave a sleep consumed him quickly. Seeing his father distressed and made him anxious, so Michael slept with one eye open for the past few days.

Paige chuckled lightly at what he had said and shook her head. She went quiet and let him sleep, she herself falling asleep. A few hours later, she had woken up and seen that her aunt had dropped off the stuff she had asked for. Reaching over, she grabbed her bag and pulled it onto the bed with her. She opened it up and dug through it quietly, pulling out her glasses, Sudoku book, and her pen. Closing her bag back up, she set it back down on the table and opened up her book, putting on her glasses and grabbing her pen so she could work on some of the puzzles.

Michael woke up in a different position he started in. Michael had moved up the bed closer to Paige. He stirred and looked up. Michael laughed groggily, "Sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep." Michael got up from the bed and stretched exposing his lower back. He cracked his neck and looked around the room. "Your Aunt brought my book bag. I left it at school when I was running here." Michael scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "Well. I should probably get going." Michael said walking towards the bed and giving Paige a hug. "Let me know when you're out! I'll be waiting in class. I'll be back tomorrow if you're not back though. That's a promise" Michael winked and walked out of the hospital room in order to start the long journey home.

"You're fine." Paige shook her head and glanced towards his bag. She nodded and hummed lightly. "She probably grabbed it for you and knew you were up here or something." She turned her eyes back towards her puzzle for a moment and marked something down, pushing up her glasses. When he hugged her, she wrapped her right arm around him and then dropped it. "I'll be here tomorrow. My doctor won't let me go yet." She frowned lightly and glanced up towards him. "Please be careful getting home."

As Michael left the hospital room, a man who was in his early-twenties walked in the room. He wore a very expensive looking suit jacket, a white shirt with a blood-red-tie, and a pair of black sleek dress pants. His long hair went down to his shoulders and looked messy and unkempt which he pushed behind his ears. Overall, the man looked grungy, but somehow managed to look attractive in a suit. His build was very tall and muscular. The man opened his mouth and spoke in a guttural and raspy voice, "Hey there." He strolled over to the side of bed and looked down at Paige. "I'm Sonny, Michael's older brother." He glanced around the room. "I'll keep this short." Sonny cleared his throat. "My father would like Michael to come back to family estate and after observing you two for awhile, I've concluded you're the only one who can get this to happen. We're making you an offer you can't refuse, you help us and we help you. Anything you want."

Paige raised an eyebrow at the man and said nothing in response at first. She didn't know if she believed him or not and with what Micheal told her, she had to believe it. Pushing up her glasses, she hummed lightly and shook her head. "And what is this offer I cannot refuse?" She asked curiously and closed her Sudoku book, setting down on the table next to her bed along with her pen. "I can very well refuse your offer. I can get what I want easily without the help of you nor your father." She informed and looked up towards him, obviously not in the mood for negotiations. "And why do you want him home so bad? What if he doesn't want to go home?"

"Well let's just say it's your funeral." Sonny said grinning. "And trust me. You can't get what you want. My father, he controls the politicians and the majority of the business's around here. Let's say we didn't want a certain weapons company to expand because the president of the company was rather uncooperative." Sonny snapped his fingers. "Poof" Sonny strolled over to the window and opened it. "Let's say we wanted your business partners to disappear. Let's say we wanted you and your family to disappear." Sonny turned around. "We know Michael doesn't want to go home, but with a mind like that, Michael make the family a lot of money." Sonny smiled. "I want you to call me once you've decided." Sonny said handing her a business card. "You have twenty-four hours. Think about the offer" Sonny walked out of the room.

(Sorry, was out to dinner)

Paige frowned deeply at his words and watched him quietly. She said nothing in response and looked over the card she was handed. "What have I gotten myself into?" She let out a long and stressed sigh. Shaking her head, she laid on her side tiredly and curled up, taking her glasses off and setting them to the side. "Just make it all go away..." She whined quietly and buried her face in her knees, wanting to disappear at the moment so she didn't have to deal with the stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.