The Devil Who Sits Next To Me (Creative and Ice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael frowned a little..."hmmmm..." He sighed. "Alright, well...Next time then. Enjoy your evening!" Michael yell waving goodbye. Michael slowly walked down from the roof and started the trek home. The evening was uneventful. Michael looked at the things he was suppose to do for class. Sighed. And threw it away.

The next day Michael waited for Paige outside of the school again. Unfortunately, she didn't show up. Yet, when Michael walked into class five minutes, there was Paige. He couldn't find her at lunch, or anywhere after school. It was almost as if she was "avoiding me" Michael thought to himself. When the thought of Paige avoiding him crossed his mind, Michael crumpled against a wall near the side exit of the school. It was after school. He had just spent ten minutes looking for Paige in a school that was only two floors with very long hallways. "Did I mess up?" Michael wondered aloud completely clueless. Michael hung his head thinking about possible solutions. "What would you tell me to do?" Michael asked aloud. "I miss you."

Paige had just exited the school building with one of her very few friends and was speaking to him as they walked. "Some idiot crashed the system and some hard drives so I have to be the one to fly out there and fix the bloody things for them." She huffed lightly and shook her head, crossing her arms as she followed the senior next to her. "I don't know how my dad did it while he was alive. This company is full of morons."

The senior next to her snickered and rolled his eyes, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "I would say patience but I could be completely wrong. You do a very job for a very young CEO." He commented and followed her down the street, humming lightly in thought as he looked around. "I do believe that they're inexperience with certain computer systems."

"I don't know but whatever it is, they need to need to figure it out on their own one of these days." Paige let out a long sigh and glanced towards the guy next to her. "Russia's going to be extremely cold so I don't look forward to it..."

Michael heard Paige's voice from outside. He perked up a little, but realized, "She's avoiding me for a reason. But why? Is it cause of that night? Fuck...What do I do?! Let's see if she actually cares. Then I'll act from there?" Michael said to himself as his thoughts raced. He grabbed his backpack and walked outside. He saw Paige talking to a senior...and instantly he felt a surge of emotions. Jealousy, anger, agony. He clenched his fists. He didn't want to scare Paige, but he doubted there was much he could do at the moment to terrify her. He walked passed Paige casually looking back and waving. "Yo. See you...maybe" He seemed detached.

As Michael exited the school gates with Paige behind him a little, A black sports car pulled in front of him. A big muscular man got of the car with two others slightly smaller than himself. They all wore very expensive suits and had copious amounts of gel in their hair. Overall, the men gave off an aura similar to Michael's: don't fuck with us. "MIKEE!" He yelled in an angry tone. "WHY HAVE YOU IGNORED MY CALLS?!" Michael stared at the men and immediately sprinted away as fast as he could.

"After him!" the biggest man yelled. The other two men started to sprint after Michael. "You idiot..." the man muttered under his breath. He turned to face the school and his eyes met Paige's. He gave her a death glare once indistinguishable from Michael's. He then got back in his car and drove off.

"From what my aunt has said, there's about three feet of snow back home. So I bet that's interesting for the people there." Paige mused softly and looked up when she heard Michael's voice. She raised an eyebrow and nodded. "Alright. I'll see you tomorrow." Well, that was weird. Her eyes drifted towards the men in front of her and her other brow raised. What on earth was going on here? She was highly confused and unsure of what she just witness. "What the actual fuck?" That was the only thing she could utter. Seriously, what the fuck just happened?

(And I'm off for the night.)

Michael had got away from the men chasing after him. "Fucking...Vito...." He panted. He looked up to see where he was. He was only a few minutes away from Paige's house. Michael decided to explain everything to her if she was just getting home. Michael sat down on the side walk and waited for her to show up.

(Sorry it's so short. I'm exhausted today. Jetlag.)

(Very quick last post. Get some sleep)

Paige was nearing her home about twenty minutes later and didn't even notice Michael at first. She was on her cell phone speaking to someone in quiet Russian. Her facial expression showed that she was thoughtful about what the other person was saying to her. Her eyes drifted around and soon landed on Michael. She became confused and said goodbye to the person she was talking about before hanging up. "What brings you here?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as she approached him.

"I want you to forget what happened outside of the school today...I'm not in any danger, in case you cared." Michael said scratching the back of his head. "You know." Michael started and turned his head away from Paige continuing, "Maybe it was a mistake to come back to school. Nothing has changed. I'm still that devil, that monster nobody wants to talk to. It's kinda a lonely." Michael turned towards Paige smiling "I guess I kinda fucked up that night didn't I?" Michael stood up. "I'll make it up to you if you'd let me. We can go get Ice cream at this place that just opened. Really good stuff. Honestly, haven't had this good of ice cream since my aunt and I went..." Michael started to say getting excited, but then trailed off... "Sorry, so...Would you care to come?"

Paige raised an eyebrow at what he was saying and nodded. "Although, I don't think you should be around those people." She said and crossed her arms lightly. "As for coming to school being a mistake, it wasn't. You need to be in school, everybody does. It's something that helps get you through life." She then frowned lightly. "No, you didn't mess you that night. It was just... Unexpected to me." The thought of that night made her blush a little and she cleared her throat, shifting lightly where she stood. "Not a fan of ice cream but I'll go if they have strawberry shortcake there. I just want to drop my stuff at home first."

Michael waited for Paige to drop her stuff off in her house. He strolled down the street trying to wrap his head around his relation to her. "Unexpected? Is that good or bad?" Michael asked himself. They walked in silence; Michael had a huge smile on his face, which he tended to do when he was with Paige. Michael and Paige where walking across a bridge when Michael saw something that caught his eye in the river. "It's a crayfish!" He exclaimed. He vaulted over the railing of the bridge and landed on a grassy are at the bank of the river. He rolled up his pants and threw his shoes off. "I haven't caught one of these in forever!" He yelled at Paige. "They have such a cool biology. I use to play with these all the time when I was little." Michael stopped halfway. He started to laugh, "Sorry, now's not the time for this." He put his shoes back on and continued to walk with Paige, completely forgetting to roll down his pants.

When they arrived at the ice cream shop Michael ordered a strawberry shortcake for Paige and a Cake batter milkshake for himself. He found a small table in the corner of the shop and pulled the chair out for Paige to sit down. "Well, Ms. Paige. Shall we continue our discussion?" Michael took a sip of his shake and his face went grave "I try to avoid those men the best I could, but they know everything about me. Let's leave it at that. As for school, it's easy for me, but I am kinda of showing up to see you. Which leads me to my inquiry: what do you mean by unexpected?"

Paige stopped when he went over the edge of the bridge and walked over, looking over at him. "Odd man..." She muttered under her breath as she watched him and pushed up her glasses. Her eyes drifted around the area surrounding them and she hummed lightly. "You would be correct on that." She laughed softly and moved away from the bridge, feeling uncomfortable that she was a little high from the river. "Maybe we could come back later and you can splash around in the water." Following after him, she looked around and then noticed that they had arrived at the ice cream shop.

She stepped inside after him and nodding her thanks as she was handed her cake. Sitting down, she carefully set the plate down in front of her and looked up as he started to speak. "And why do you want to leave it at that?" She asked with a confused look and raised an eyebrow. Turning her eyes back to the table in front of her, she picked up her fork and took a small bite of her cake, very pleased with how it tasted. "I meant that you kissing me and telling me you loved me was something I wasn't expecting." She explained and looked towards him. "Unexpected. And that has never happened to me before so that's why I say it was unexpected."

Michael ignored Paige's questions about the people chasing him. "Well is unexpected a bad thing? Is spontaneousness confessions of love a bad thing? Unconventional...yes, but not a bad thing." Michael was staring Paige directly in her eyes, her beautiful dark brown eyes. Refusing to break eye contact, Michael took a sip of his shake. "I'm assuming that it wasn't unpleasant, just shocking?" Michael asked trying to get an answer out of Paige

"No, it's not a bad thing but very unexpected." Paige laughed quietly and shook her head. She took another bite of her shortcake and thought about what he was saying. Humming lightly, she leaned back into her seat and tapped her chin as she thought about what to say. "Shocking. Very shocking. You're very lucky my mom didn't see that. She would've freaked out on you." Both of her mothers would have but Stella was the calmer one of the two. Mary was the one to watch out for.

"You have a remarkable talent besides from being intelligent, interesting, and attractive." Michael said with a sly smile on his face. "You can practically say something without actually saying anything at all. I applaud you madame." Michael finished in a pompous tone with a mocking golf clap to add to the act. "I think I could handle your mom though. You'd be worth any pain and trouble that comes along. I hope you don't think I am joking or anything, because I do truly love you." Michael said very honestly and quietly. He was a bit nervous and shy from what he was saying. Michael was a little distressed, he couldn't tell if Paige liked him, loved him, is attracted to him, or not. He had to know, but he couldn't just ask. He had to draw the answer out of her. "A battle of wit and words is it, Paige? I refuse to lose!" Michael thought to himself taking another sip of his drink.

Paige looked up at him and raised an eyebrow curiously. "Oh really?" She smirked lightly in amusement and took another bite of her cake before setting her fork down, pulling up one of her legs on the chair she was sitting in before setting her chin down on her knee. Her eyes watched him with pure curiosity in them, it was quite obvious that the wheels in her head were turning quite quickly. "You don't want to deal with either of my moms... They're very protective of me." Mainly because they lost their first child a year or two before they had adopted her. "The last guy that tried to get close to me like you have had enough of my mom's attitude because she questioned everything he did." She snickered and rolled her eyes. Poor guy didn't speak to her ever again after that. "My best friend refuses to be run off by her and he's constantly telling her to go away."

"..." Michael's face went sullen. He had a retort. An easy one. He had obviously dealt with worst considering his situation. "Maybe. But trust me. I've dealt with worse. I may not be the most charming, but I could win your moms over. And like I said, you're worth the fight." Michael placed his hand on top of Paige's. "So?" Michael said a tad awkwardly. "It must be nice having parents that care so much though?"

(And I cannot play her mothers because they belong to my friend)

"And being the daughter of a very wealthy family doesn't help the situation much..." Paige hummed lightly and took another bite of her cake, looking thoughtful. Both of her biological parents were dead and all she really had was her aunt and her little cousin. Her mother died of cancer just a week after she was born and her father committed suicide just a year later. She, herself, was left everything that they had. Her eyes drifted towards his hand and shrugged lightly. "It doesn't really bother me... I just think that my mom, Mary, cares too much and worries too much."

"I guess knowing your true feelings is good for now. Do you have any interest in me at all?" Michael asked finally getting the nerve to do so. A sudden wave relief washed over Michael. He would be able to deal with her parents later. "Wealthy family? Well...I guess that makes two of us, but, I am hardly part of one anymore. I should tell her at one point. Paige may provide some great insights. She really is the best." Michael thought to himself.

"You're one of the only few men I take an interest in at all." Paige shrugged lightly and set her fork down, not wanting anymore of her cake. She was telling the truth. Most men bore her and so Michael was one of the very few that actually caught her attention in a good way. "Others, I have to take an interest in because they're my business partners." She leaned back into her seat and set her leg down on the floor, turning her head so she could look out the window.

Michael's heart skipped a beat when he heard Paige's comment. "She has an interest in me. Well I'll turn that interest into a reciprocal love." Michael promised himself. Yet a sudden question hit him and Michael asked, "What do you do, Paige? What's your story? Who is the real Paige?" He realized he fell for a girl he knew nothing about and was overwhelmed with a desire to know her.

"There's a lot to me but I'm mostly an open book." Paige kept her eyes to the window and sighed softly. It was a nice evening out but she knew it wouldn't last long. "There really is no real Paige. Just... Paige." She shrugged and chuckled quietly. "As for what I do and what my story is, you'll find that out later." She smirked lightly and glanced towards him.

Status
Not open for further replies.